Team Lebawse - A 4th gen Ou Team

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Introduction..

This team was build on the more offensive aspact of the game, I wanted to try a more offensive minded team becasue i have always been a slower type of player, by focusing on many set ups. This team though is different. The team starts out with a heavy hitter right off the bat and tries to push the limit the whole game. By having some bulk invested with the team i can switch in an out with little worry and threaten them out or kill them. By utalizing some lesser seen sets the team also catches people off guard.

First look

If you look at it, you notice than 4/6 members of the team can take some hits, (espically suicune with the evs), bar azlef and infernape the team is fairly bulky and good on the offensive side. The team has worked well in the past weeks of testing and i would like to get some opinions from smogonites on how to make it better. Now on to the in depth

and now the in-depth

The leader

pixie dust ! (Azelf) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP/252 Spd/248 SpAtk
Naive nature (+Spd,-SpDef)
- Explosion
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot
- Psychic

The lead sets the pace for the rest of the game. This lead does exactly the same as the rest. This azelf nets At least one kill. It is fast. and Powerful. And for unprepared teams, well, they get dominated . With a special attack stat of 348 and a speed stat of 361 it hits things hard in the beggining of the game taking out a few pokes or at best denting them. Azelf even has some good coverage, with Stab Psychic, Flamethrower grass knot, and explosion as its attacks. Ushally it prevents the opponents lead from getting rocks up to( all but aerodactyl). This lead has turned into one of my favorites to use as it beats all leads except a Scarf Jirachi, As i stated before, The lead position is probably the most important of the hole team, As it sets the pace for the entire game.

Azelf
explode or test my luck with flamethrower
Machamp
Psychic For the kill
Aerodactyl

2hko with Psychic .
Metagross

If it has Occa berry its a 2hko with flamethrower
Swampert

4x to grass knot
Infernape

take the fakeout , psychic it
Heatran
Switch out into snorlax
Jirachi

get out, go into zapdos
Roserade

Stab Psychic
Hippowdon

Hi im hippowdon , and grass knot destroys me
Starmie

Grass knot
Dragonite

wtf boom
Gliscor

2hko with psychic
Tyranitar

grass knot as it sets rocks
Skarmory

flamethrower
Forretress

4x weak to flamethrower
Yanmega
If it doesent protect on first turn it dies to flamethrower, If it does i switch to zapdos so i dont die to bug buzz
Ambipom
Go to hitmontop

cune! (Suicune) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 SpDef
Bold nature (+Def,-Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Surf

Suicune is a viable member of this team, Very bulky with 252/252 in hp and defence it can take hits on the psyical side for days and rest of all damage after it sets up calm minds. I chose to run a Chesto/resto set because I did not want to run a mono attack suicune. The version I am running has Ice bam and surf for coverage and this set never actully loses to blissey. Suicune always finds a way to set up for me, given the EV spread it can come in on almost any physical attack and set up all over it. After a Calm Mind or 2, this pokemon just becomes a tank that is impoosible to kil, it sweeps through teams as they try to figure out how to kill this Glorious Puppy. . Shaymin is really the only pokemon that gives it any problem with the whole SpDef drop with Seed Flare, but that's even if it hits. Other than that not many threats like to deal with cune at +1 spdef

le bawse v2 (Zapdos) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SpAtk
Timid nature (+Spd,-Atk)
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power
- Roost
- Thunderbolt

A LO zapdos set with Good Defensive stats Having base 90/85/90 allows it take a few hits. Zapdos has always been a feared sweeper that should be accounted for on every team, it doesn't need a boost to be able to plow through teams. . With amazing coverage With electric/grass/and fire for its moves theres not many pokemon that like to switch in. Reaching a max speed of 328 it outspeeds all pokes under base 100 and kills them with no problem. Having 348 spec attack with a nutral nature is not anything pass up eather. Paired with snorlax on my team, zapdos does not have to worry about any Rotom Forms, Any starmie, Any gengar As snorlax kills them all. Allowing zapdos to have an easier job sweeping in the late game. Roost also allows zapdos to Heal up any stealth rock damage it may have taken if Hitmontop didnt get a spin off. It also prolongs the life of this amazing pokemon.

I'm Fluffy! (Snorlax) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 SpDef
Adamant nature (+Atk,-SpAtk)
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Return

Similar To A Choice Scarf TTar on stall teams. This pokemon's Job is to kill ghosts. But snorlax can go one up and kill all special attackers if it wants. Being a known Special Wall to start with it can come in take htis and pursuit them a they leave or crunch them is they stay. Earthquake and return are simply for Maximum damage. Eq Kills suchs thngs as heatran and infernapes on the switch in while return is a powerful stab move boosted by the choice band. Nothing wants to take this hit ( not even suicune). Snorlax Basically plows through teams and oftain gains two pursuit kill in one game. . Rotoms forms all fall even the bulky dusknoir takes 80% from it. Snorlax is just the definiton of a tank as it plows threw teams and takes hits on the special side all day long .​

Le BAWSE (Infernape) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk/196 Spd/62 SpAtk
Naive nature (+Spd,-SpDef)
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

in the 5th slot of my team i decided to go with a psyically based mix ape , Running 252 attack ev's 196 speed and 62 special attack it becomes a big threat. This pokemon breaks through stall teams with a combination of Close Combat, Overheat and Stone Edge is to hit flying pokemon. U-Turn is to help scout in the early parts of the game. I chose to run overheat insted of fireblast for the power boost. even at -2 i can u-turn out on the next poke if im faster and go into a pokemon that will get the kill. Infernape is one of the top ou pokemon in my opinion and is far to valuable to pass up. It breaks through common stall pokemon which no one likes to face and can outspeed and kill common threats.

scizorsgay (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Def/6 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk,-SpAtk)
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn

Thanks to Bubbly, Once again, He has made my Team better then before. With the addition Of CB scizor > hitmontop, I now have a better way to revenge kill, scout, and just have more sheer power on the team, Scizor has helped me in many a situations, Being able to hurt many pokemon with powerful stab, or just sit there and hit them with bug bite. Bug bite reaches a base power of 90, with the boost from technician (i may be wrong), and hits cresselia hard, something I use to have a big problem with. Uturn is for scouting perposes, and superpower is for predicting switches into magnezone and other steel types. Scizor has been a welcomed addition to the team.

Conclusion.

well that is the team , any suggestions to make the team better would be great. Also thanks to pizza fish for helping me with the team, To MasterDudex5 for helping me with my spelling and grammar. and thank to bigelow becasue i stole the lead list from you

i needed help with my grammar and spelling because I can't read properly and my spelling is awful so yeah....

I recommend using fire blast on your lead Azelf over flamethrower as it pretty much always OHKO's the very common max hp lum berry metagross (99.5% - 117%).

Speaking of metagross I recommend you use one over Hitmontop as your team would appreciate stealth rocks, if you give the metagross Thunderpunch it will give you a check to DD Gyarados, who is a big problem for your team. Metagross also gives you a steal type to tank random dragon attacks.

Metagross @ Shuca/Lum/Leftovers
Adamant
252hp/252attack/4defense
- Stealth rocks
- Thunderpunch/Explosion
- Meteor Mash/Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake/Explosion/Bullet Punch

Alternatively you could try a Scarf Jirachi with Stealth rocks. Stealth rocks is the best move in the game and I think your team is really missing out by not using it.

Mizuhime

is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I recommend using fire blast on your lead Azelf over flamethrower as it pretty much always OHKO's the very common max hp lum berry metagross (99.5% - 117%).

Speaking of metagross I recommend you use one over Hitmontop as your team would appreciate stealth rocks, if you give the metagross Thunderpunch it will give you a check to DD Gyarados, who is a big problem for your team. Metagross also gives you a steal type to tank random dragon attacks.

Metagross @ Shuca/Lum/Leftovers
Adamant
252hp/252attack/4defense
- Stealth rocks
- Thunderpunch/Explosion
- Meteor Mash/Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake/Explosion/Bullet Punch

Alternatively you could try a Scarf Jirachi with Stealth rocks. Stealth rocks is the best move in the game and I think your team is really missing out by not using it.
alright thanks george ill try this out

As George already said, your team can be thorn apart if you don't have Cune to tank Outrages.But you have your Intimidate Hitmontop to stop the sweep.
Also, An AgilityMetagross can easily sweep your team, as it 3HKOes your Cune(!) and Doesn't get OHKOed by Surf Unless you have SR at +3, then it bocomes a probability
That basically means if you have your Suicune at Low Health, Gross can easily go there and kill you.
I suggest adding a SD Gliscor on this team in the place of someone.

Problems
  • Lack of Stealth Rock
SR is considered the best move in the game for good reason. It has been calculated to do around 200% damage total in the average battle and it is crucial for offensive teams to score KOs on some hard-to-break walls.
  • DD Gyarados / Kingdra
Both of these Pokemon can 6-0 you with very little effort; they get a free boost versus Snorlax locked into Pursuit and can then use either a high-powered STAB Waterfall or coverage move to 2HKO everything on your team at minimum. Kingdra can also set up versus Suicune and then heal off damage with a Rest+Chesto Berry combination, making it even deadlier than Gyarados because it has more opportunities to set up.

Solutions
  • Use Colbur Berry Azelf over your current set
ColburZelf allows you to set up Stealth Rock at the beginning of a match while preventing opposing teams from getting theirs, greatly increasing your team's survivability. Its item choice also means unlike the standard Focus Sash lead set, it won't lose to lead Tyranitar and Machamp.

Azelf @ Colbur Berry | Jolly | EVs: 8 HP / 144 Atk / 112 SpD / 216 Spe
Stealth Rock | Taunt | U-turn | Explosion

• Use offensive Suicune over your current set
Offensive Cune is the best way to check DD Gyara on an offensive team, as it can tank any hit while striking back with HP Electric. Its combination of power and bulk keeps up the pressure that this team relies on to be effective.

Suicune @ Leftovers | Timid | EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Calm Mind | Hydro Pump | Ice Beam | Hidden Power [Electric]

• Use Close Combat over Stone Edge on Hitmontop
Stone Edge isn't really needed, seeing as you have flyers checked now. Being able to hit ghosts isn't necessary either since Snorlax will Pursuit them. Between Intimidate, Life Orb, Fake Out, and Close Combat, you will be able to use Hitmontop to effectively check ChestoRest Kingdra.

Good luck.

1. If you're going to lead with an anti-lead, I'd personally go Expert Belt>Life Orb to bluff the Sash on Zelf.
2. Cune and Chesto is a no; if you don't like Sleep Talk, then fine, but you can still run Rest as non-offensive Cunes love Lefties.
3. I'm kinda missing Lax...there's plenty of other pokes to use for a Pursuiter...such as Tar. CB Gross could actually fill your priority need in Hitmontop (not to mention providing a better counter to Ambipom) and give you the Pursuit power you need. If you do insist on running Lax, go Thick Fat and put SD on there.
4. SR

Mizuhime

1. If you're going to lead with an anti-lead, I'd personally go Expert Belt>Life Orb to bluff the Sash on Zelf.
2. Cune and Chesto is a no; if you don't like Sleep Talk, then fine, but you can still run Rest as non-offensive Cunes love Lefties.
3. I'm kinda missing Lax...there's plenty of other pokes to use for a Pursuiter...such as Tar. CB Gross could actually fill your priority need in Hitmontop (not to mention providing a better counter to Ambipom) and give you the Pursuit power you need. If you do insist on running Lax, go Thick Fat and put SD on there.
4. SR

i disagree with you on 3 out of 4. For one what would expert belt do other than boosting super effective while life orb just adds power. Bluff sashs is kinda poinltess in the first 3 turns of the game. Two Dont knock the set till you try it. With the resto chest i set up sleep and than sweep, that set is bulky enough it barley gets touched anyways and i can sleep long enough that i cant be hurt. snorlax doesent get swords dance......

As an anti-lead, you are trying to kill something before you get killed. Normally, Sash or Priority is used for this, but since you are using neither, Belt will help in thinking you are sashed and perhaps having an opponent mispredict on Azelf's power. It can also bluff a Scarf. In addition, most of Azelf's move are SE on common leads (Machamp, Swampert, Metagross) so Belt is helpful in that respect.

Aight, fair deal on Cune, if it's good, then it's good. TrickBand Mesprit is good, but I wouldn't of believed it until I tried it. However, most Chesto Rest sets are used on more offensive but kinda bulky pokes, so for this reason I'd recommend making Cune a but more offensive.

SelfDestruct, bro.

Eh, ChestoSuicune is fairly good, I actually got it mentioned in AC iirc. Problem is that whatever you use for coverage some common things are going to wall you.
I'd follow BKC' suggestion of offensive Cune, but then run a CB Scizor > your Hitmontop. Lose Rapid Spin which is annoying for Zapdos but defensively it will work much better with your team as well as letting you rack up some SR damage and scout with dual U-turn.

Mizuhime

As an anti-lead, you are trying to kill something before you get killed. Normally, Sash or Priority is used for this, but since you are using neither, Belt will help in thinking you are sashed and perhaps having an opponent mispredict on Azelf's power. It can also bluff a Scarf. In addition, most of Azelf's move are SE on common leads (Machamp, Swampert, Metagross) so Belt is helpful in that respect.

Aight, fair deal on Cune, if it's good, then it's good. TrickBand Mesprit is good, but I wouldn't of believed it until I tried it. However, most Chesto Rest sets are used on more offensive but kinda bulky pokes, so for this reason I'd recommend making Cune a but more offensive.

SelfDestruct, brah.

sorry for the misunderstanding porii, and seelfdestruct > what on cb lax

Mizuhime

BUMP-

threw more testing i have tried stealth rock azelf and i cant use it. Just cant, it lost me a bunch of power as a lead. I still want to try to fit in the rocks somewhere, two of the biggest problems i have seen with this team is DD gyara that has stone edge as it kills zapdos, and really hurts my team, and also Bulk up Gallade rips therw my team

Sup Shuckle4ubers,

Strongth team. You handle all three common styles of play fairly well considering you can count on hard-hitting bulk. This team has few weaknesses offensively and defensively. I'll just try to polish them up so make the best out of your team.

I'll start off by mentioning the offensive threats, which are: Gyarados, Infernape, Lucario, and Zapdos. A cool thing you notice off the bat is that two of the four pokemon are weak to Stealth Rock. So, before I start making any big changes I want to recommend using Stealth Rock on your team, which will help you on so many levels and getting needed KOes i.e. Scizor Bullet Punch on DD Dragonite. I want you to give Azelf Stealth Rock over Grass Knot; I know Swampert can be annoying to your team, but Psychic does enough. To check Gyarados and Lucario I want to suggest using a fast Suicune, it is Suicune @ Leftovers | Timid Nature | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe OR 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe | Calm Mind / Surf OR Hydro Pump / Ice Beam / Hidden Power Electric. Unfortunately, this will take out some of Suicune's longetivity in place for bulk and won't check Jolly Lucarios. Another route you can take is using a different Zapdos set, something like 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe with any moves of your liking (this will check both Lucarios, but not Gyarados with Stone Edge). I wanted to avoid suggesting this one because LO Zapdos is really awesome and can surprise your opponent in so many different situations imo. Getting a secondary check for Infernape will be the tough one, and considering your team is finished I really don't want to swap any pokemon in and make your self weak to something else. If I did change something it would be Infernape because it really doesn't cover any huge holes for you other then giving you attacking power. You could try using Gengar over it with a LO to give you that secondary check, but that would probably change the way you play your team a lot(consider this change a last resort measure if Infernape is extremely annoying). So, instead I recommend using a max Speed Infernape to at least tie with other Infernapes. Use the following EV spread: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe. Now for the defensive threats I only catch Skarmory which can be living hell for you considering it walls Snorlax and Scizor. You might want to try Fire Punch over Crunch to give it some hurt. Also, fast Suicune should hurt it much more, which is a plus imo. On a last note defensively, keep an eye out for resttalk Gyarados, who can be very annoying - try predicting those Stone Edges with your Infernape or U-turning here and there, which will wear it down with Stealth Rock on the field.

Now for the nitpicks, use Hidden Power Ice on your current Zapdos if you do keep it. Use max HP over max Def on your CB Scizor! Also, I recommend using Thick Fat over Immunity, unless you have Immunity for those pesky Sub+Toxic or Taunt+Toxic pokemon(this one is preference I guess). I think thats it dude!

Hope this help, and good luck!

I definitely agree with this. But somehow you don't. Lol. Do you always miss with Fire Blast? Lol.

As for my rate. I'm not really do a rate here actually, just some nitpicks. Your Snorlax could do a Fire Punch, which is really useful. Hitting steel types such as Skarmory and Scizor for SE damage. Scizor with 252 Def is very unusual. 252 HP EV's is much better as it allows you to tank more attacks. 252 HP EV's balances out your defensive stats.

That's all. Hope I helped.
Good Luck!

Mizuhime

I definitely agree with this. But somehow you don't. Lol. Do you always miss with Fire Blast? Lol.

As for my rate. I'm not really do a rate here actually, just some nitpicks. Your Snorlax could do a Fire Punch, which is really useful. Hitting steel types such as Skarmory and Scizor for SE damage. Scizor with 252 Def is very unusual. 252 HP EV's is much better as it allows you to tank more attacks. 252 HP EV's balances out your defensive stats.

That's all. Hope I helped.
Good Luck!

all right thank you for the advice, as for all the others I am in testing of the changes im going to try SR or azelf > grass knot, and see how that works, I do ALWAYS miss fire blast, which is why i chose to use flametthrower

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)