League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

Ok, so I seem to have taken a liking to Poppy. No, I'm no good with her, but it is amazingly satisfying watching someone take 800 damage from Triforce proc + Devastating Blow + 10 stacks of Paragon of Demacia + autoattack at once. Anyone have any Poppy tips? I use AD Poppy, if that changes anything.

TreeEskimo once said that the mark of a good Poppy is who she ultimates and when she does it.

I don't play Poppy so I can't give any tips and the only good Poppy player I've seen who's 2k ELO+ is Doublelift. I guess you should try to find some of his videos, if he has any.

woooooooow, wukong champion spotlight out, and MAN AM I EXCITED! he looks like so much fun with his ultimate and nimbus strike and crushing blow, but what i'm excited the most about is the decoy thing and how he can easily fake it by "stopping with s" (which i had no idea you could do)

if i got the cash, i am SO buying him asap :D

finally a new renekton skin but from the looks of the screencaps, he looks horrible. like a skinny lizard or something with a fugly face

God I hate riot. They nerf shit and then say "buffs incoming in the near future!"

Mainly upset cause they pointlessly docked Udyr's Q ratio..

the fuck are they doing with Jax

They returned the AD ratio of Leap Strike to it's original 1:1 glory, and then they dock base damage.

"Base damage reduced to 35/60/85/110/135 from 50/75/100/125/150"

also I want Wukong but thanks to my overall lack of IP (4795) and his 6.3K cost is bs

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ok I have to say Malzahar is my new favorite character because he's so fun to play as. His Q's a bit hard to get off correctly though but his E pushes waves like a boss and W + R = gg anything.

Also Wukong looks underpowered right now but people will play him nevertheless. He's a pretty slow jungler unfortunately, but so is Leona and there's already a guide for her.

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My friend tried Wukong as a jungler without a rune page set specifically for it, and it failed. However, many champions suck at jungling without the correct rune page set for it.

Using Wukong as an AD carry kind of fails. Using him as a off-tank seems to be about the only option. However, with that said, it can't really take the top lane with no healing abilities. It also can't support the bottom lane, obviously. Thus, the only spot for it to take would be jungling, and if Wukong is particularly slow at it, it seems kind of pointless.

Wukong is a cool looking champ, but clearly UP at the moment.

pookar

Banned deucer.
its funny how the champ spotlights show "wow this champ can be good it looks" and then you realize a top 25 player is playing that champ and has personally helped design (?) the champ and probably has a crazy build, and also only shows the perfect situations of the champions

false advertising i call it

its funny how the champ spotlights show "wow this champ can be good it looks" and then you realize a top 25 player is playing that champ and has personally helped design (?) the champ and probably has a crazy build, and also only shows the perfect situations of the champions

Top 25? Lolno, Phreak isn't a great player. He just does several games with the new champ and takes the moments where he doesn't suck.

More like the people he's playing against are fellow riot staff members and are feeding him/letting him farm/making him look good ._. I do think that Wukong is a good character though, I've only played against him a few times but the tricks he can do with Decoy (even just making it and running away in the stealth) are very annoying.

Limitless

is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

He's level fifteen, while his opponents are like level 11. The point of the videos are to show you his potential, not really show you the weaknesses.

Top 25? Lolno, Phreak isn't a great player. He just does several games with the new champ and takes the moments where he doesn't suck.
He was ranked number one on solo queue till he got a job at Riot.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
ive been using wukong a lot lately and find him really good. laning early is great i find as long as your not solo (or facing 2 ranged). i find that he's excellent in team fights but less so 1 on 1. he could use damage boosts on his Q and R but i just think he plays differently than other carrys so you shouldnt compare them.

heres a match i played and went 9/7/29 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJnMFUw-9Xw

Limitless

ive been using wukong a lot lately and find him really good. laning early is great i find as long as your not solo (or facing 2 ranged). i find that he's excellent in team fights but less so 1 on 1. he could use damage boosts on his Q and R but i just think he plays differently than other carrys so you shouldnt compare them.

heres a match i played and went 9/7/29 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJnMFUw-9Xw
What role would you place him in high elo though?

he's supposed to be a top solo tanky dps, his problem is that he's not sustainable like warwick, udyr, irelia and friends though he contributes a lot more to team fights with his ult and decoy let's him murder squishies without using ghost

I've heard his Q is busted atm and is lowering whatever percent it is of the target's base armor instead of their actual armor, which is a pretty big deviation from how the tooltip says it should work, that'll be a pretty significant power boost if they change it. I enjoy his abilities a lot in spite of his voice making me think of a Disney movie, hoping he gets a little love or at least that bug fix... someone I'd enjoy playing a lot with some tweaks, I think.

He was ranked number one on solo queue till he got a job at Riot.
Judging purely from current gameplay he's not very good compared to current top ELO players. Number 1 back then is different from number 1 right now - hell, a few months ago, HotshotGG was playing a hell of a lot worse than he is now and now there's competition (Pobelter, Reginald, Chaox, Bigfatjiji in US; MoMal, Shushei, CandyPanda, Wickd in EU)

Just saying that he's out of practice and champ spotlights usually show very one-sided games.

@Synre: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/general/list-of-wukong-bugs-6873

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)