New to PKMN. First Team. balanced!

Lead Pokemon:
Drapion @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor (? is this the best?)
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP/252 Sp D
Name: Lead/Spikes
Move 1: Toxic Spikes
Move 2: Crunch
Move 3: Brick Break/Earthquake
Move 4: Taunt/Whirlwind

This is my lead pokemon, to lay down spikes, force people to switch pokemon. Also has some defensive stats to tank some damage while its out there (i THINK i read that toxic turns to normal poison when switched out). He has good attack, so he also works as a semi-Physical sweeper after setting up. He is my go-to to fight psychic/ghost/dark which is everywhere now days. He also has the ability to keep you out there and fighting him. Battle armor to make him last longer. His decent base speed, coupled with defense, makes speed not a huge priority imo.

The Walls
Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 hp/252 Sp D
Name: Pain Split
Move 1: Pain Split
Move 2: Will-o-Wisp
Move 3: Disable / Calm Mind
Move 4: Night Shade

Willo wisp lowers attack which makes him a better wall. Disable can make them not able to use a move that they hit you with like maybe a super effective. Night shade deals more consistent damage than hex and shadow ball. Used to spin block, and fight normal/fighting etc. Also can use pain split on new pkmn if it has the time. Disable is to let other pokemon get in better (or calm mind, idk yet). Also amazing Sp Defense.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
Nature: Calm/Bold
EVS: 252 hp/(252 Def/Sp Def?) (252 speed?)
Name: Anti-Steel/Physical Wall
Move 1: Thunderbolt / Volt switch
Move 2: Flash Cannon
Move 3: Hidden Power FIre
Move 4: Protect / Substitute
This dude is my anti-steel pokemon, and a great setup to help others. Also has Good defense, HP, and Special defenses *due to calm*. Used speed EVs to make sure its not totally slower than everything :/ I might toss in hidden power fire to crush the steel types i trap. But this guy can be switched in during outrage/any repeating attacks. Leftovers for lasting longer, light clay for being more supportive. This guy is my go-to physical blocker. Also has protect/Substitute to prolong toxic from the spikes.

The Others
Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Sp Attack/252 Speed
Move 1: Scald
Move 2: Ice Beam
Move 3: Thunderbolt
Move 4: Psyshock
Kinda all around Sp Sweeper. Has good coverage, and psyshock to get past Sp Defense. Amazing speed, Amazing coverage with Thunberbolt/Icebeam. Scald is used, even tho It does slightly less than surf, i'm primarily sticking to singles. So this will give a good "defensive buff" to the rest of my team by a pokemon lit on fire by it. I Prefer the utility. Psyshock is there to break down Sp Def walls.

Togekiss @ Razer Fang / Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 HP/252 Speed
Name: Bulky Flincher
Move 1: Air Slash
Move 2: Zen Headbutt / Nasty Plot
Move 3: Nasty Plot / Heal Bell
Move 4: Wish / Roost

This is my "all around" special attacker. It has great coverage w/ flying+psychic+fire moves available to it. Also has lots of flinching, which is brokenly awesome. Comes in after things are burnt/paralyzed/poisoned etc. Also has the beef to stay out there and heal (or cast wish, i havent decided yet, wish would help my team? But is it as good as roost?) Also flame thrower is there in case my magnezone gets sniped somehow, so that i have a backup plan for steel, maybe. Its decent stat spread makes it so it has a lot of viable roles, and a lot of diff EV options.

Gliscor @ Poison Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Jolly / Impish
Evs: 252 HP / (252 Atk/Speed)
Name: Physicial/Hybrid
Move 1: Swords Dance
Move 2: Earthquake
Move 3: Ice Fang/Fire Fang
Move 4: Substitute/Protect

My physical sweeper/hybrid. Provides a lot of resistances against the big Fighting pokemon. Also has the ability to take down steel with eartquake, and ice for dragons and grass and whatnot. I might use fire fang, idk yet. Has sword dance for the increase attack up. Substitute and protect is to stall, so that its Poison heal has more time to get off.

PS: Since this is my first overall build, i want it to be balanced. Im trying to learn, and get bettyer, as ive only had pkmn for like a month. This is my 2nd draft on my first team, and would like ANY suggestions, please :)
So, my basic mentality when building was this:
A lead (poison/stones etc)
2 Walls: 1 Def + 1 Sp Def
2 Sweepers: 1 Sp. Atk. + 1 Atk.
1 Hybrid/Support
Questions:
1) What does "Ally Switch" Do? Is it exactly like volt switch/uturn, but does no dmg? or does it switch and u can attack with the new pkmn?
2) Any advice on better abilities/EVs/Moves would be nice
2a) Esp Drapion ability, Most the pokemons EVs im pretty lost on :(
3) I need A LOT of help with movepools. A lot of them have 2 abilities, because I am having a hard time deciding.
4) Please READ it so you can give me advice <3
5) Would spiritomb be better than dusclops? Given he has no weaknesses >.<

I like it, I am new to, and like you I fell in love with Dusclop's defense,
and the truth is spirit tomb has less weaknesses, it all depends what you want dusclops to do, also, you should take advantage of the poison spikes, with a move like Venoshock, and a pokemon with a High Spec atk base, you can really get ahead, if you use the choice specs and Venoshock on a poisoned pokemon

Ally switch is a nifty move, it allows you to go first, depending on the speed, attack the enemy, and then comes back to you, sending out your next pokemon, I would recomend you use it with something that has high speed, and a good stones/spikes move, lay the spikes then get out, and let your sweeper get to work,
Also your other question, about Drapion, he is a good pokemon, but there are better out there for your spikes strategy, like cloyster,
It's all about what you want him to do,
This is just my expierence, and I happen to use many of the same strategies.

Ally Switch allows you to switch spots with your adjacent Pokémon in Double Battles. It does not work like Volt Switch or U-Turn.

Alright. First team huh? I remember my first team when I started playing about a year ago, it was terrible. This one is better then my first attempt, but there are some things I'd say you should fix.

1. As this is an OU team, I'd recommend you go with a different pokemon over Drapion, who works wonders in lower tiers, but not here. I recommend a Forretress...

name: Physically Defensive
move 1: Toxic Spikes/Stealth Rocks
move 2: Spikes/Stealth Rocks
move 3: Rapid Spin
move 4: Earthquake / Volt Switch / Gyro Ball
ability: Sturdy
item: Leftovers / Shed Shell
nature: Relaxed
evs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe (Only go with this if you choose Gyro Ball in your final move slot)

Not only does it do what needs to be done, but it can take hits from those pesky fighters, as well as Hits from other such troubles.

Next, your Magnezone. You may want something that isn't so easy to counter. (I never have luck with Magnezones personally) and with a Forretress you can replace that Magnezone completely with something else. I personally recommend a Mienshao as your lead...

name: All-Out Attacker
move 1: Hi Jump Kick
move 2: U-turn
move 3: Hidden Power Ice
move 4: Fake Out / Stone Edge
item: Life Orb
nature: Naive
ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

Next is Starmie. I actually don't have much to say, except that you have 4 evs leftover, and they should go into some stat, (HP would be the best) that way you don't waste them. Togekiss needs some serious help though. Togekiss really isn't an attacker, but a staller, and a special staller at that. I recommend you go with my personal set, which is slightly adjusted from a 4th gen set.

name: My set... just a bit different
move 1: Nasty Plot/Heal Bell (Sometimes, Heal Bell is more important the power)
move 2: Air Slash
move 3: Fire Blast/Flamethrower (power vs. accuracy)
move 4: Roost/Thunder Wave (Life vs. Paraflinch)
item: Leftovers
nature: Timid
ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 192 HP / 80 SpA / 236 Spe

Last pokemon I want to mention is your Gliscor. The following set is the one I use most often, and is quite useful for almost every situation.

name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Ice Fang
move 4: Taunt
item: Toxic Orb
ability: Poison Heal
nature: Impish
evs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe

If you want, you could replace Taunt with Substitute, but I recommend it as it is stated above.

Anyways, this is my first full team review, so I hope I don't mess you up to bad (lol) and now to answer your questions.

1. Ally Switch is only effective in double and triple battles. It allows you to switch places with the pokemon on the other side of you. (example: Alakazam on the right, Claydol on the left: Alakazam used Ally Switch, Alakazam and Claydol switched places: Now Claydol is on the right, and Alakazam is on the left.)

2. All is stated above.

3. Also stated above. (Move sets and EVs) If don't have pokemon Online, then I recommend getting it. Its a pokemon battle simulator that has a really great team builder. (Its also how most people here battle each other, including myself.)

4. I did that... ^v^

5. I recommend you stay with dusclops, because even with its weaknesses, it still takes hits better then any spiritomb set I've seen.

Anyways, I hope I've helped at least a little bit, like I said, this is my first full review on a team, so I may have messed up somewhere. (though I hope I haven't)

I'll try to help you out a bit here, first thing I want to mention is that Toxic dosen't turn to normal poison after a switch, the toxic counter just resets.

Personally I think Drapions best ability, or the ability I would use would be Sniper which increases the chance of a critical hit, next I would swap Crunch into Night Slash as it has a high chance to land a critical hit + the Sniper boost. Brick Break hits more things for coverage so I'd probably stick with that and as for Taunt and Whirlwind it's really up to your choice, seen as you're not running any Speed to outspeed and Taunt faster threats I'd probably go with Whirliwind seen as it's great with any hazards.

As for Dusclops I think it's EV's need a bit of reworking, I'd probably just use a standard set like:

move 1: Pain Split
move 2: Will-O-Wisp
move 3: Night Shade
move 4: Ice Beam / Taunt
nature: Calm
item: Eviolite
evs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe

Which will give Dusclops 284 HP, 474 Defense, and 561 Special Defense factoring the Eviolite boost.

Magnezone's EVs should be 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe and Timid for a trap/killer, Substitute's better than protect seen as you can just come in Sub while they do nothing to you, I'd use Charge Beam over Flash Cannon seen as while your sub'd and there trapped you can boost your Sp.A and take as long as you like to kill them.

Starmie's perfectly fine really, although personally I'd go for Hydro Pump for the power since Starmie's not bulky and the high powered STAB will be more useful for KO'ing in the long run seen as Starmie's roll is to sweep teams not support with Scald in my opinon.

Your Togekiss set is a bit all over the place, you say it's bulky flincher, then use Nasty Plot, while talking about Flamethrower while not even using it in your set, then you have Zen Headbutt which is Physical which kinda makes it clash with Nasty Plot. If it's a Nasty Plot set it should be there to sweep and shouldn't really have Wish either. Really I'm not sure what you want to use so I'll give you a link to the Togekiss page so you can use whatever set you want Nasty Plot or Para Abuse

Togekiss Link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84398

Gliscor's EV's aren't really right, I'd use 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe with an Impish Nature, Ice Fang's better than Fire Fang really, and for the last moveslot I'd use Protect for helping heal more, or use Taunt to stop you being set-up bait for Sp.Attackers.

How about a roserade over drapion? Sets up easier, and can deal a ton of damage, and also recover reliably:

Roserade @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- Toxic Spikes
- Rest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)