This Team is Super Boss (ah, it's okay)

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Very solid team here, although it is going to struggle against sun teams which pack fast sweepers such as growth Venusaur. Weather in general is a pretty large problem as they all have ways to get past the fastest members on your team by either spamming powerful attacks or just flat out walling some of your team members. Scarf Tyranitar would work excellently on a team like this as it helps you out so much versus threats such as Starmie, Gengar, and even powerful sweepers such as swords dance Terrakion and the lati twins. The real reason to have Tyranitar on this team is because it gives you a method to fighting off weather so that weather abusers do not harm this team. Darmanitan is really the odd man out on this team as not only is it quite weak to entry hazards, but it won't do you any good against a lot of the threats that Tyranitar will help you out against. Darmanitan is not really the best scarfer because its lack of bulk and hazard weak as well. Tyranitar may add an extra fighting type weakness to this team, but between Gliscor and Latios they won't really cause a problem at all.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Crunch / Pursuit / Stone Edge / Superpower

An alternative spread on Heatran would be 248 HP | 252 SpD | 8 Spe. This will help Heatran actually take less from hazard damage rather than if you ran maximum hp. I would try running roar over protect on Heatran as well. Roar is really nice against Volcarona mid-game as you can simply phaze it out and it will take stealth rocks damage. Toxic will make sure that if you can no longer phaze it, Volcarona won't be a problem. I really think that running a defensive Rotom-W over your Starmie would be a good option. Since you were only running Starmie to support Darmanitan, a defensive Rotom-W with volt switch / hydro pump / will-o-wisp / pain split and a spread of 248 HP | 252 Def | 8 Spe bold nature with leftovers would help you against Landorus which is another big weakness in this team. Rotom-W also does well against Tyranitar with will-o-wisp so that Latios can really rip up teams especially later in the match. Finally, I would try body slam out over thunder wave on Jirachi. Body slam really helps out against threats such as Excadrill and Landorus who like to come in on Jirachi only to get paralyzed.

With those changes, this team is looking quite solid. Good Luck.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hey there,

Cool team, though it might have some difficulties against a well played Dragonite. When at +1, you won't have many options to kill it, since it has a lot of chance of killing both Starmie and Latios, your two potential revenge killers. Gliscor can't really touch it with Facade, especially bulky Roost versions, while it sets up on you and finally completely sweep your team when at +6. You can annoy it with stuff like Thunder Wave from Jirachi, but it will always end up killing 1-2 pokémon on your team. My suggestion would be that you swap Facade for Ice Fang on Gliscor, since it has the bulk to take some Dragon Claws and Ice Fang will really dent Dnite (nothing near a OHKO though), and it will be your best option against it, not to mention Dragon Dance Salamence, who is somewhat a lesser threat since you can revenge kill it while in Outrage, but can still wreak havoc. Also, if you wanna check stuff like Substitute Thundurus with Jirachi, you'll need Body Slam over Thunder Wave. Otherwise, great team, good job.

Would a good set for jirachi be - body slam, u turn, protect, wish - or - body slam, iron head, u turn, wish - ? Im not sure which. And yea, ill put ice fang on gliscor. Thanks for that idea.

Would a good set for jirachi be - body slam, u turn, protect, wish - or - body slam, iron head, u turn, wish - ? Im not sure which. And yea, ill put ice fang on gliscor. Thanks for that idea.
Body Slam, Iron Head, Wish, Protect. Protect is generally the superior option because it makes it much easier for Jirachi to regain it's health, which is very important for a wall. I don't think it's worth it to run U-Turn just because of the #20 most used pokemon in OU.

Body Slam, Iron Head, Wish, Protect. Protect is generally the superior option because it makes it much easier for Jirachi to regain it's health, which is very important for a wall. I don't think it's worth it to run U-Turn just because of the #20 most used pokemon in OU. And Iron Head is required because it is a Jirachi, and all non calm mind variants of Jirachi need iron head.

Okay, I think this is what I'm going to keep my team as. I don't plan on changing it from this, unless I'm told a majorly good suggestion that would completely change the team. So, here it is. Thanks for all of the help everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)