Umbrella Anyone?

Umbrella Anyone?

Introduction: Well I made my last team Sandy Stall Forever and it should be called Epic Fail. So I made a new team And it's much better it got me some success but I needed a little help do to recent loses. So It looks a little standard but it has it's differences than the Ordinary Rain Team, well sorry to keep you waiting here's the team Smogon!!!

Politoed@Choice Scarf
-Hydro Pump
-Hidden power Grass
-Ice Beam
-Perish Song
4hp/252spa/252spe
Timid(+Spe-Atk)
Drizzle

I give you the lead (70% of the time) Politoed. Well most times Politoed does a very good job as the lead exept when fighting other Weather teams. Now this Politoed has a pretty good type coverage going for it hitting some of the most deadly pokemon. Ah I can't tell you how many times Politoed trolls Dragons with Ice Beam. But the bad part here is Politoed isn't the best whether indocer that would be Tyranitar, but my sweepers are far better than that horrible Excadrill. Back to the Politoed it is actully very fast it outspends evey thing neccesary and can troll with perish song and switch on the pokemon(Jirachi). So the lead does a very good job so feel free to look at the rest of the Team.

Dugtrio@ Choice Band
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Sucker Punch
-Return
4hp/252atk/252spe
Jolly(+Spe-spa)
Arena Trap

Well First off this was Aeroblacktly's Idea he told me it would trap tail and tar and it works. Dugtrio has a Earquake so strong it can KO the Tyranitar in one hit. But in case The Tyranitar decides Ice Beam should be used to kill Tornadus than bye Dugtrio but I'm sure most of the time there thinking Stone Edge which they do. Dugtrio also has a pretty annoying Sucker Punch let's say Scizor can't KO the pokemon I can use Sucker Punch, and if that's not a KO than Bullet Punch will be after Sucker Punch. Dugtrio is also super fast and in todays metagame he's really good. Last Return is for random ideas If they setup and not attack no sucker punch Return time. Hoped you liked Dugtrio.

Forretress@ Leftovers
-Spikes
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Gyro Ball
252hp/176def/80spd
Relaxed(+def-Spe)
Sturdy

This is Natgeo's Idea and it's a good one. Forretress helps me beat stall not so well but with the team the spike support is very nice. See Forretress lets Scizor get KO's it couldn't get and Tornadus is just a monster. Also the rain helps my fire weakness, but what scares me is Magnezone no Shed Shell means death but the rain makes HP Fire much weaker. Plus Latios wil
Not love going up against Gyro Ball which does tuns of damage to the Latios or Latias. Forretress is also my only Full force wall so he takes most Physical attacks for the team and is a viable member. hoped you liked Forretress.

Tornadus@ Life Orb
-Hurricane
-U-Turn
-Hidden Power Ice
-Focus Blast
4hp/252sps/252spe
Timid(+Spe-Atk)
Prankster

Yes here we go Let's just say this guy get's the party started. This guy here is just plain evil Tornadus is way better than that old Thundrus and sweeps teams like no one. Ferrothorn thinks it's so hot well Hurricane does massive damage and so does Focus Blast. Tornadus is very trolly It can scout with U-Turn and do some damage because Tornadus as pretty good attack but with it's huge speed and Special Attack, Salamence and other dragons won't no what hit them. That Gliscor thinks it can wall me does it no Ice is Nice and you can't tell Tornadus what to do. But mostly I just run around spamming with my Hurricane which is bye the way a total better Dynamic Punch. And while were on the subject fighting beware the Tornadus is loose and ready the fight bye bye.

Rotom-W@ Leftovers
-Hydro Pump
-Thunder Bolt
-Will-o-Wisp
-Pain Split
128hp/252spa/128spe
Bold(+def-Atk)
Levitate

This thing has great typing and walls that mole like crazy plus it packs a really huge punch sporting one of the most powerful Hydro Pumps in the game and in the rain it's a beast. My set can also hold it's own against Gastrodon Pain Split. Plus dragons shall be burned and destroyed by Pump or Bolt. And Gyrados say hello to Thunder Bolt and walling for ever. Plus Infernape don't even try to take me on even with than fancy Grass Knot well it does at least 11% and is Hydro Pump bait. It also can stop tuns of sweepers with burning and this wall has a very good special attack and can do a great job on this team.

Scizor@ Choice Band
-Bullet Punch
-U-Turn
-Super Power
-Pursuit
248hp/252atk/8spe
Adamant(+Atk-spa)
Technician

This was every ones idea Scizor. Scizor is not the best stall breaker but it is really good Scizor is cheap and picks off and if you switch I'll U-Turn you and switch to the counter of what you switched to. This guy and my Tornadus both carry U-Turn but of course Scizor has the much stronger one. Scizor also comes with the Blissy killing moves see Blissy will switch and then I pursuit the Blissy till it's ready to be picked off. Scizor also can beat so many setup sweepers cause Scizor can Bullet Punch you so many times until death. Scizor also like Forretress has a weakened fire weakness because of the toads rain This way Scizor is a very deadly pokemon. So Hoped you liked Scizor.

Thanks for reading

Hey,

Pretty cool team you have there. I gotta say you are destroyed by sun teams and their powerful grass attacks. I don't like Cloyster, it's doing next to nothing for this team, I think a Bronzong or Scizor would be better. Bronzong being a standard set or Scizor as bulky SD. That Skarmory Gastrodon Heatran core will be annoying, and on a good Gastrodon HP Grass does about 43%. Infernape works but this is a rain team you need a different pokemon, I suggest mixed Salamence. You need a Dragon type and I think it works better than Raikou. Mixed Dragonite works if you want more bulk and a check to sun. Tornadus is a poor man's Thundurus, I really think Nasty Plot Thundurus w/ Thunder is far superior. Lastly Ferrothorn could work in Rotom-W's place to beat other rain teams and Kingdra.

Your team doesn't appreciate facing the likes of Double Dancing Terrakion; it can get one boost in one of its offensive stats (most likely Rock Polish) and break your team. I strongly recommend Gliscor over Cloyster, as Cloyster really isn't doing anything special in OU, now that Rotom-W, Ferrothorn, Jirachi and etc. are all good switch ins to it, and they're somewhere in the higher used Pokemon, and Gliscor takes care of the Terrakion weakness you have. Your team is also weak to stall, and Gliscor is a somewhat good stallbreaker, so that's another reason to use it. Here's the set:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb l Impish Nature l 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Moves: Swords Dance l Taunt l Earthquake l Facade

If you plan on running Ice Fang, use a spread of 244 HP / 176 Def / 88 Spe, as it maxes out on Poison Heal recovery and outspeeds or speed ties common Gliscors, but then you'll be more vulnerable to Terrakion if it opts to boost its attack stat rather than its speed.

Secondly, I recommend a Jirachi over Raikou. Your team is very weak to Trick Room Reuniclus, or Reuniclus in general, which Jirachi handles quite nicely. It also gives you access to Stealth Rock, something that your team would appreciate a bunch. A specially defensive Jirachi should fit the bill just fine:

Jirachi @ Leftovers l Careful Nature l 252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Spe
Moves: Wish l Stealth Rock l Iron Head l Body Slam

The standard spread advises 224 SpDef and 32 Spe, but I find the Speed EVs to be useless. That's just my opinion though, you do whatever you want.

Overall, solid team. Good luck!

I have really never seen a rain team without thundurus. I like your idea with raikou, but i might use hidden power (ice) over extremespeed if you got hidden power (ice) though. That is my opinion, anyway

Hi, at first glance you seem to have a fairly big weakness to stall, with almost nothing on your team being able to reliably kill Chansey or her sister except for Cloyster - who can be taken out by Ferrothorn or even a well played Jellicent. Your team is also weak to entry hazards, with almost your entire team being affected by Toxic Spikes, allowing you to be easily stalled out. Forretress over Cloyster is an excellent option to alleviate this: not only does it Rapid Spin away hazards, it can also lay down its own hazards, giving your team an easier time when it comes to sweeping. You should problably using Forretress with Relaxed and 252 HP | 176 Def | 80 SpD, with Spikes | Toxic Spikes | Earthquake | Rapid Spin and holding Leftovers. However, as also noted before, you are open to Terrakion, specifically Double Dance Terrakion. This can be solved by putting Choice Band Scizor in over one of your special sweepers, possibly Tornadus. You can easily come in on the boost and OHKO with Bullet Punch. Choice Band Scizor also solves the previously mentioned weakness to TR Reuniclus, as it's handily disposed of by U-Turn. Scizor takes care of your weakness to stall as well, obliterating Blissey with Superpower or Pursuit if it tries to switch out. Choice Band is usually 248 HP | 252 Atk | 8 Spe, Adamant, with Bullet Punch | U-Turn | Superpower | Pursuit. Lastly, Rotom-W's spread should probably be 112 HP | 252 SpA | 144 Spe with a Modest nature, and Pain Split over Hidden Power Grass.

Hope this rate helped, good luck!

Hmmmm...as everyone mentioned already, you're going to have a little problem with Sun teams and Terrakion, Latios, and even Celebi, who has the advantage against basically 5/6 of your team one on one.

The easiest way to deal with this? Tone up the offense and the momentum. What people have been using for weeks is the common Scizor-Rotom-W switch spam. We can run Volt Switch over Thunderbolt on Rotom-W, and run a Scizor over Raikou, who seems to be irrevelent. You can also afford to skip Grass Knot on Tornadus for U-Turn.

With Rain in play, your Scizor can help bring down Celebi without causing Tornadus to recoil itself so much. Scizor can also check Latios and Terrakion in a pinch.

But the key glue to this thing completely will be: Dugtrio. Skip the Gastrodon, spam the Dugtrio. This cover the Sun team weak completely when you're spamming your switch moves into Dugtrio. Eliminate Ninetales and Tyranitar, and all the threats associated with those are no longer there. With 4 Switchers, it's not hard to start picking things off randomly. Imagine a Jirachi trying to wall Thundurus only to get U-Turn'd into a CB Dugtrio, killing it off.

Also, RUN LIFE ORB on Cloyster. With Life Orb and Rain, at +2, you can actually OHKO a Jirachi and Ferrothorn with your respective STAB moves. It has pretty much shit HP and SpDef anyways that White Herb won't really save it from much.

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey man, tagging off of what Aeroblacktyl said; Scizor with U-turn is gonna do your team a lot of good, adding an extra Steel-type into the mix to help deal with Dragon-types and such is great, and keeping up the momentum in your team is gonna be key. Since you weren't given a set to work with, I'll just hand you one right here. Also if you're going to go with his dugtrio suggestion (which is a cool idea) you could vouch for Adamant as your nature on Cloyster, as you won't need to worry about outspeeding too much and receive a huge boost in power. Here is a common Scizor set to try:

Scizor @ Choice Band
Nature @ Adamant
Evs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Speed
-U-turn
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Pursuit

Good luck!

Hi there every one Thanks so much for the rates the team is going to change a lot the team

Politoed
Forretress
Dugtrio
Tornadus
Rotor-W
Scizor

I really think it will help me!

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hey there,

Like other said before me, your team will have issues against Sun teams and their abusers, most notably Venusaur, who can hugely dent your whole team with the standard Energy Ball / Hidden Power Fire set. Exeggutor can be do the same thing too, but to a lesser extent. Tornadus may look a cool switch-in against those Grass types, but keep in mind they'll come out while the Sun is over the battlefield, meaning Hurricane will be a 50% accurate move, meaning you have big chances of missing while they kill you in 2 hits with their coverage move. For that reason, I think you should swap Tornadus for Latios. The previously stated Grass types will have a harsh type KOing it due to its relatively high Special Defense, while its insane Special Attack, coupled with Draco Meteor will often result in a neat OHKO on them. Furthermore, you don't really lose any defensive synergy with this change, as Latios is able to check about the same thing as Tornadus. Anyway, here's the set you should be using :

Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid
Levitate
EVs : 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Draco Meteor
-Hidden Power Fire
-Psyshock
-Trick

You can also use Surf instead of Hidden Power Fire, as the latter only hits Ferrothorn harder in rain, while Surf hits Jirachi much harder.

Good Luck!

Hmmm Latios over Tornadus well sounds good but I have Dugtrio who traps tails and then Tornadus can kill Venasuar because it's only fast in sun cause toad can come in bring rain In and let Tornadus sweep. Also Tornadus abuses rain much bettrr than Latios and he is a viable member to the team.

Thanks​

If you ever want to test this team out, what do you say about a battle ^^

Im using a Drizzle Team as well, and we might be able to learn from one-another

^^

PO off course =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)