Rate My Wifi Team

Thanks to all posts in advance. Just wanting to improve my wifi team on Pokemon-Online and in Pokemon White for DSi. All tips and suggestions are appreciated.

Ninetales
Drought - Timid - Focus Sash
1. Fire Blast
2. Flamethrower
3. SolarBeam
4. Toxic
EV: SpA-216, SpD-36, Sp-252

Lead that brings up sunlight, boosts power of STAB Fire Blast which can get lots of OHKO's. Has high speed to attack first and can OHKO a lot of pokemon. Solar Beam doesn't need to charge because of sunlight and can counter any water or ground. Sunlight also helps to water resist and helps Volcarona down the road for possible sweep. Focus Sash basically ensures a OHKO or switch because it has 2HKO most.

Venusaur
Chlorophyll - Quiet - Choice Specs
1. Hyper Beam
2. Solar Beam
3. Earthquake
4. Sludge Bomb
EV: HP-32, Def-232, SpA-12, SpD-232

Speed is doubled by its ability and with the choice specs boosting its SpA, Venusaur is a complete beast. Solar Beam can 2KHO any fire or any pokemon. And it is usually guaranteed at least two attacks with its high Def + SpD EV's.

Scizor
Technician - Careful - Leftovers
1. Bullet Punch
2. Swords Dance
3. Roost
4. U-turn
EV: HP-252, Def-128, SpD-128

Used for getting a KO on someone with not much health left, Bullet Punch attacks first. U-turn also used as a Tyranitar counter, been seeing a lot of those. And if you give it the chance to set up 2 swords dances, sweep can happen. Roost is there to allow to to perform swords dances and set up the Atk boost.

Starmie
Analytic - Calm - Chesto Berry
1. Ice Beam
2. Hydro Pump
3. Rest
4. Rapid Spin
EV: HP-252, SpD-252, SpA-4

Rapid spinner to get rid of Stealth Rocks weakness, water attacks (only ones in party). ChestoRest to prolong its un-KOed state.

Volcarona
Flame Body - Modest - Chesto Berry
1. Rest
2. Quiver Dance
3. Fire Blast
4. Bug Buzz
EV: HP-252, SpD-252, Sp-4

Absolute beast when set up, quiver dance 3 or 4 times. ChestoRest off the damage/status it has been inflicted with. Then go off with STAB Bug Buzz and STAB Fire Blast. (Fire Blast with the Drought from Ninetales up)

Zapdos
Lightning Rod - Bold - Leftovers
1. Drill Peck
2. Roost
3. Hidden Power (Ice)
4. Thunderbolt
EV: HP-248, Def-228, Sp-32

Physical wall to take hits. Also a great dragon counter because of HP-Ice, most people don't expect Zapdos to be a threat when they have a dragon in. STAB Drill Peck for grass. STAB Thunderbolt for its most damage and roost.. well, because its a wall :P

Hello there. As an advice, I would suggest you add some explanations on your pokemon regarding how they function, what's their role on the team, how they interact with the other team members... so other people can rate better (:

Other than that, you have a Stealth Rock weakness (solved by adding a rapid spinner), and a pretty big Ice/Rock weakness too.

ill add that in, ice goes easy with fire blast (ninetales/volcarona), rock & stealth rocks are definite weaknesses.

EDIT: swapped latios for starmie, needed a real water pokemon and it has rapid spin to rid the weakness of stealth rocks to volcarona and others.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For Ninetails I'd suggest that you run the standard for a few reasons. It's a bulkier set, but since your whole team is based on it being alive and maintaining weather that's always a good thing. Rest + Chesto will allow it to survive much longer, and allow it to be a constant threat throughout. Despite only having a 40 Sp.A investment, with Fire Blast and Sun, you'll still be cranking out a massive amount of damage regardless. For the last attack move, you can choose between Energy Ball and HP Fight. Solarbeam isn't recommended due to weather not being 100% guaranteed so it can be useless at times.

Ninetails @ Chesto Berry
Drought
Timid - 252 HP / 40 Sp.A / 216 Spe
Will-o-Wisp
Fire Blast
Engery Ball / HP Fight
Rest

Also for Venasaur, I would change the moveset all together. Being such a bulky Pokemon, and having a x2 boost due to sun being out, it can be a complete monster to opposing teams. After own growth, it can just dominate. Energy Ball is coming off STAB and a boost, HP Fire is coming off a boost due to sun, and in the last slot you have multiple options; you could sleep a troublesome Pokemon, use Sludge Bomb for STAB boost, or just blast away Heatran with EQ who resists both of your two main attacks. The item is basically left up to preference really.

Venasaur @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Modest - 4 HP / 252 Sp.A / 252 Spe
Chlorophyll
Growth
Energy Ball
Hidden Power Fire
Sludge Bomb / Sleep Powder / Earthquake

For your Scizor, I'd suggest that you just run the 252 HP / 252 Def. You could run 252 Atk over Def if you want to be more offensive minded, but it's really up to you. (there heist ^_^). To be honest, Sp.Def doesn't really seem to important due to the sun being up. Fire is a guarantee kill due to boost, and water isn't gonna do much. Electric is really only gonna be seen on Rotom, who you can just U-turn out of to another Pokemon who threatens it. Also change the nature to Adamant.

For Starmie idk what's really going on with this one. I would suggest that you run the set below. Timid is necessary so Starmie can outspeed many common threats, and be able to check Pokemon much more successfully. The 252 HP investment will allow Starmie to have a good amount of bulk on it. Rest is by no means necessary when Starmie can have Natural Cure as an ability and has access to Recover. Ice Beam is recommended in the last slot as Starmie will be your last ditch check against dragons.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid - 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Sp.A
Natural Cure
Rapid Spin
Recover
Surf / Hydro Pump
Ice Beam

For your Volcorona, I'd suggest you use a still bulky set, but one with a bit more of an offensive prowess. The EVs below will allow you to outspeed Scarf Terrak, which is always a good thing, after 2 boosts. The HP Evs will allow it to be reasonably bulky, and the Sp.Atk EVs are just there to basically hit things as hard as possible without compromising the bulk.

Volcorona @ Chest Berry
Modest - 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Flame Body
Quiver Dance
Fire Blast
Bug Buzz
Rest

Lastly for Zapdos. Just drop Drill Peck for Heat Wave or for substitute depending on what you feel would better suit your team. Another thing you could do is run a Toxic/Substitute/Roost/Thunderbolt set. However if you choose to keep the set you're running but changing drill peck (which is a must), maybe consider dropping thunderbolt for Discharge. Discharge has a neat chance to paralyze which is always a good thing!

Good luck

Well, if you're running Starmie on a Sun team, it's almost a sign that you -must- use Hidden Power Fire. You'll actually rape the shit out of Ferrothorn who otherwise always walls you and your Rapid Spin for the most part. I'd probably run like HPFire, Rapid Spin, Psyshock and Grass Knot.

Can you obtain Heat Wave on Zapdos? For PO, just slap it over Drill Peck, since you're getting a boost with it anyways and you won't have to use your lower attack stat when you don't have to.

I'd also say stick with HPFight on Ninetales, as you're going to need to wittle down Tyranitar any way you can.

Otherwise, just go and follow through with what SoT said as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)