When in Rome...

When in Rome...

INTRO

A long time ago - a little after the end of Round 1 - Layla, the first archived RMT of this generation, was published, and I really like some of the ideas for the sets that were used, and of course so did everyone else, making them my go-to sets for each of those Pokemon if just for a time. I used some of the sets in Layla to make a style of play that I hadn't used to much success before - Sand Offense, specifically around Excadrill. I tried not to make this team not quite cookie-cutter per se, and in that regard I think I succeeded in the fact that many of these Pokemon use some fairly unused yet successful options to let them get the jump on some unexpected Pokemon.

I made this team around November of last year. Most of its team members are fairly bulky though admittedly I play it like a hyperoffense team, with each teammate capitalizing on the others' weaknesses to come in and either batter the opponent right away with a powerful STAB attack, set up and fire away and hit ridiculously hard, or play the prediction game and gamble on hitting a switchin very hard with a coverage attack. In that last regard I usually play fairly well, and I like to predict. I usually let Landorus or Excadrill sweep with the other team members supporting and weakening any threats, though each team member except maybe Tyranitar can sweep the opponent by itself if given the right conditions.

While, again, this team has not changed much if at all since the last time it was used, it still functions as well as it did several suspect tests ago, having beaten or tied a few famous players in the time that I've used it both then and now. However I do think the team has lost a bit of its initial power, as I haven't gotten anywhere near where I peaked at with this during the era of Blaziken, Garchomp, and Swift Swim. I think that the raters of this team can find what I can't fix, increasing the edge this team has and will hopefully have for a long time.

IN-DEPTH

/

Caesar -
(M) @

Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SAtk / 76 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
-
Stealth Rock
-
Crunch
-
Flamethrower
-
Ice Beam

Standard MixTar set, props to Iconic for showing the world how it works! I usually lead off with Tyranitar only when I'm up against a clear skies team, since I don't want to gamble against a Politoed and I can't do too much to Ninetales, which makes me sad. However, usually once they're down, I send in Tyranitar immediately to do its thing. I tend to start off with using Stealth Rock, especially if the opponent seems to lack a Rapid Spinner, though sometimes I'll go on the offensive and hit something hard. If I come in on a Latios or something that I can easily take out I tend not to set up right away - I'll usually just set up SR or gamble and hit the switchin with a coverage attack. In that regard I've been successful, and I'm proud of that. Anyways, in terms of the moveset, Tyranitar is the only user of SR on this team, while Crunch is for STAB, and the last two moves are for coverage. Flamethrower is a heckuva lot more reliable than Fire Blast while Ice Beam is great for snagging any Gliscor on the switchin. The given EVs 2HKO Ferro and OHKO Gliscor with their respective coverage moves, and then maxing out HP with the rest to buff Tar's phenomenal Special Defense.

/

Constantine -
(M) @

Trait: Technician
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
-
Swords Dance
-
Bug Bite
-
Bullet Punch
-
Roost

Though more a check to key threats than a sweeper, Scizor is a fantastic Pokemon on this team. I don't understand why people haven't been using Lum Berry SD Scizor, because it gives me the opportunity to set up on so many things that its not even funny. I tend to come in on something that can't hurt me, and SD while it switches out. If it tries to paralyze or burn me, too bad, its a free boost. Scizor tends to work as my check to frailer sweepers as well Reuniclus, especially troublesome TR versions - they can't do much to me with Focus Blast while I OHKO with a boosted Bug Bite. The EVs aren't actually a far cry from the Standard Swords Dance set, though this tends to place more emphasis on the fact that Scizor can easily take many special attacks and threaten to sweep from there, since you really only need a little investment to do a lot of damage with Scizor. The moveset is almost self-explanatory at this point - SD + STAB + recovery. Bullet Punch also makes a great revenge killing move if I need to use it that way.

/

Alto Mare -
(M) @

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
-
Psyshock
-
Surf
-
Recover
-
Draco Meteor

Latios is a fantastic wallbreaker, there's no doubt about that, given his nice set of resistances as well as his amazingly powerful attacks. I tend to use Latios to punch holes in the opponent with Draco Meteor and Surf among other things but he also makes a great check to Terrakion - if they come in on say Tyranitar I can come in as they either boost or attack me. I outspeed those that don't Rock Polish right away and I outspeed any that use Swords Dance, notwithstanding that I take little damage from Terrakion anyways. Sometimes Latios can sweep on its own, though those times are few and far between - that's better left to the next two Pokemon. In terms of the moveset Draco Meteor is just plain powerful though I tend to save it for last, while Surf gives me coverage on Tyranitar and Heatran who want to capitalize on tanking a Draco Meteor. HP Fire curbstomps Ferrothorn, while Psyshock not only allows me to 2HKO Blissey (though admittedly I wish it did more to Chansey) but it also lets me check a lot of Fighting-type sweepers, namely Terrakion and Virizion.

Changes:
-Put Recover over Hidden Power Fire​

/

Brutus -
(M) @

Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
-
Swords Dance
-
Rock Slide
-
Earthquake
-
Return

Excadrill is one of two primary sweepers on this team, the other being Landorus. We all know how great Excadrill is as a sweeper, so I don't need to explain how that works, seeing as its stock-standard. I usually let out Excadrill as soon as safely possible, meaning that whenever any surefire counters are gone I just let it loose. Other times I'll send it out early just as an indication to my opponent that I have it and that I can use it well, putting some pressure on them. The moveset is, again, stock-standard, though I chose return over X-Scissor since I don't usually have any trouble with Celebi, who is usually either weakened or KO'd by Scizor. Return also lets me deal great damage to Gliscor, doing something like 60% at +2, meaning if its taken some damage before (if it hasn't been disposed of already), I can just plow right through it.

Changes:
-Put Air Balloon on over Life Orb​

/

Maximus -
(M) @

Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
-
Substitute /
Hidden Power
-
Swords Dance
-
Earthquake
-
Stone Edge

The second primary sweeper that I carry, Landorus's spot was originally carried by Gliscor way back in the early phases of this team, but Landorus has been there ever since and I haven't regretted a single match with him. Swords Dance Landorus is just so powerful its not even funny, and if you get a Sub up on the switch, you can cause so much trouble. While Excadrill is usually my sweeper in the face of fellow offensive teams, Landorus truly shines when I'm up against a slower stall team or teams of that nature - it doesn't really care about entry hazards, and with Sub and Leftovers, it's really easy to get a boost or two in and go to town. I had been using Substitute as my only option, but august recently suggested that I run a Life Orb and Hidden Power Ice to take care of Gliscor. I'll sometimes use that, though generally I find Gliscor is down or significantly weakened by the time I send out Landorus, and there's always Rotom-W in the wings to take care of it if anything comes up.

/

Hadrian -
@

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
-
Pain Split
-
Hidden Power
-
Hydro Pump
-
Thunderbolt

Rotom-W is both a bit of a defensive glue and a catch-all for any threats that I couldn't handle otherwise. It takes on rain teams very well, thanks to its resistances as well as Thunderbolt. Rotom-W is usually there if i accidentally let one of my sweepers out too early - if Skarmory or Gliscor is still alive, I can just send this thing out and hit one of them hard or their switch in not quite as hard. I tend to lead with Rotom-W if I'm facing a rain team, but in the face of another sand team I can usually send this thing in on Excadrill considering that I don't really take much from its main attacks, though I do have to be wary of those packing Return, since there is a chance that I could be KO'd otherwise. I pack HP Fire over Will-o-Wisp as the most common switch-in to Rotom-W in my experience tends to be Ferrothorn, letting me soundly smack it with HP Fire. I also outpace most Scizor, considering they don't really invest in Speed much if at all. As for the EV spread, I've worked fine with it as it is, though if it is that big of an issue I'll just change it to the standard spread to see if that works any better.

Changes:
-Changed the EV spread from 168 HP / 252 SAtk / 88 Spd to 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SAtk

CONCLUSION

And that's all folks! Thank you for reading. Sand as a whole, again, hasn't changed much since the introduction of B/W, except maybe for the banning of Garchomp, so despite the fact that this team may have already hit its peak a while back, I believe that this team still works and is as solid now as it was back in November, maybe even more so because of the banning of some of the major threats to this team. I'm not retiring this team now, nor will I for a long time, if just because its a fun team to play with, and when you get right down to it, that's all that really matters.

All right, that's it! Thanks for reading, and discuss if you want!

Threatlist
(Shamelessly c/p'd from Enter the Dragon - now with 100% more Garchomp!)

Breloom:
Just let the Pokemon that I feel is least important take the sleep, then switch in Latios to Psyshock its ass all the way to next week.
Blissey:
I can Sub and set up on it with Landorus, otherwise Latios cleanly 2HKOes with Psyshock.
Bronzong:
You little bitch. Anyways, I dislike it, though I can check it fairly easily with Rotom thanks to Hydro Pump and HP Fire.
Celebi:
Sometimes its annoying to face, though if its not carrying HP Fire or a status move, Scizor can switch in on it and set up, no problem.
Conkeldurr:
Latios easily handles it with Psyshock and Draco Meteor.
Deoxys-S
: If its a spiker I usually lead with Tar and Crunch for the 2HKO - I don't fear hazards too much seeing as nothing on it really cares about it except for maybe Tyranitar. I'm glad offensive variants aren't too popular since they can really wreck me if I'm not careful - usually they're in the back though, so if i lead with Tar and they lead with LO Deo-S I'll let Latios take the Superpower (or Landorus), switch to Rotom to take the Ice Beam, then to Scizor for the possible Psycho Boost, and work from there. Big threat.
Excadrill
: Not much of a threat - Rotom-W Hydro Pumps it, while I can check it ok with Scizor. If i see one, I generally note to keep Rotom-W alive.
Ferrothorn
: Curbstomped by Tyranitar on the switchin, while I can always just switch in Landorus and set up, seeing as I don't take too much damage from Power Whip. Not that much of a threat IMO, and hazards do roughly squat to this team.

Forretress
: Same deal, though this time I can set up on it with Scizor reliably, and HP Fire soundly kills it while it can't do much back.

Gengar
: Annoying sometimes, though Bullet Punch 2HKOes it. Sometimes I wish that I didn't have the 30 Speed IV so I could Speed tie it with Latios, but it doesn't usually matter.

Gliscor:
Rotom-W laughs at it, and so does Latios. If its feisty and switches in immediately to Tyranitar, there an Ice Beam most of the time.

Gyarados
: If it's a DD version, I immediately switch to Rotom-W to force it out. CB versions are a pain in the rain - haven't seen one, but I would have to sack a mon to revenge it with Landorus or Latios.

Haxorus
:Annoying sometimes - CB versions can't really be tanked, so I usually just sac a Pokemon and revenge it while it's locked into Outrage, usually Latios.

Heatran
:Rotom-W takes a piss on on it, and Specially Defensive versions are handled by Landorus.

Hydreigon:
Can be annoying to face, though I usually see LO which means I bring Latios in on the Focus Blast if I have Tyranitar in, then Draco Meteor.
Infernape
: Latios.
Jellicent
: Latios Psyshocks it, while Rotom-W Thunderbolts.
Jirachi
:Can be annoying to face solely because of Body Slam paralyzing. Rotom-W quad resists Iron Head so I usually switch it in and use a combination of Pain Split and HP Fire or Hydro Pump. If I get the chance somewhere in there Landorus comes in.
Kingdra:
I don't usually have much trouble with this if I have even faced it before, but Latios can Draco Meteor it.
Kyurem
: BS Hail - Scarf versions usually spam one of Blizzard or Draco Meteor so I switch to Tyranitar, and then Flamethrower to nail the switch-in, which would probably be Abomasnow.
Landlos:
Scarf can be annoying, though Rotom-W handles it nicely. Swords Dance is handled by Latios while Rock Polish, again, is met with Rotom-W.
Latias
: Tyranitar can tank a Draco Meteor, though I wish I had Pursuit to trap it sometimes.

Latios: See Latias.
Magnezone: Can't really do anything if it catches Scizor, so if i see it in Team Preview I try to keep Scizor out until its completely necessary. Latios can revenge it, as can Landorus and Excadrill in the sand.
Mew: Mothertrucker, I usually send in Latios to take a Will-o-Wisp and Draco Meteor it. Big threat if Latios is down.
Ninetales: Ninetales itself is dealt with by Tyranitar fairly well, seeing as I get sandstorm up - I usually set up SR on it. Otherwise, Latios to Draco Meteor it.
Politoed: Rain teams can be annoying, though tag team of Latios + Rotom-W is usually enough to take care of the bigger threats. If I can get Politoed down I immediately send in Tyranitar.
Reuniclus: Scizor.
Rotom-W: Can be a threat to face, though Latios can come in and Draco Meteor. Doesn't like to take WoW though.
Salamence: Glad this thing is rarely seen because boy it can do a number if played right. If I have sand up Excadrill can revenge any DD versions, but with MixMence I can tank a Draco Meteor with Tyranitar and switch to Latios to take the Brick Break to force it out.
Scizor: SD versions are met with Rotom-W; CB versions are a bit tougher to handle; if they Bullet Punch Rotom-W's good to go but i have to be wary of U-Turn so I scout with Landorus.
Scrafty: Excadrill revenges in the sand, and if its not killed by that I BP it with Scizor. Any other version besides DD is handily dealt with by Latios.

Sigilyph: Can be a huge pain in the ass to face if its set up right; If it has Flame Orb I send in Latios to take that and Draco Meteor it; Otherwise, Landorus comes in on the Cosmic Power and Stone Edges.
Skarmory: Rotom-W faces it easily, and so does Tyranitar and Latios.

Slowbro: Latios Draco Meteors, and Rotom-W T-bolts it. If either is weakened it can be annoying though.
Starmie: Difficult to face if played right. Rotom-W is the only surefire switch-in I have, but Excadrill can revenged it if its weakened in the sand. Definitely a threat.
Terrakion: If Latios is down it can be a major pain, though otherwise I can handle it fairly easily since if they Rock Polish I survive the initial attack and if they Swords Dance I outspeed. Scarf versions can be tanked, but band versions I have to sac something to revenge with Latios.
Thundurus: You little bitch. If sand isn't up it can wreck all sorts of shit on my team especially if Rotom-W is weakened, seeing as it's my only real safe switch in, and if it carries both Grass Knot and Focus Blast, I have my work cut out for me.
Tornadus: Less annoying thanks to lack of NP, and Rotom-W makes a much safer switchin, though sometimes I wish Rotom was just that much bulkier. Its usually not that big of a problem though.
Tyranitar:A Landorus of my own kills it, though it deep sixes my Latios, which can be a problem. Otherwise I can take it out with everything not named Latios and Tyranitar.

Victini: He's a cute one, but V-Create can be tough to tank. Tyranitar's my best bet.

Virizion: While many say he is a man, real men don't get OHKO'd by Psyshock, making Virizion officially gender-confused.

Volcarona: Big bitch in charge if SR isn't up - if sand is up, I can revenge it with Excadrill easily. Otherwise its a huge bother.

also, per his request

joshe :D

Hey there NatGeo, pretty solid team you have here. I was only find a few problems on this team. One thing that really caught my eye was that your team is very weak to opposing Excadrill. You would either have to rely on a speed tie with your Adamant Excadrill or lose to a Jolly Excadrill. A Life Orb Excadrill would really cause harm your team when your Landorus or Rotom-W is weakened. Or an Air Balloon Excadrill can pose a sweep to your whole team. Another big problem I saw your team has is Conkeldurr. The only Pokemon that can try to come in to do some damage is Latios. But after 1 Bulk Up, a Psyshock from your Latios will do 62.99% - 74.02% damage. Which isn't very safe. To fix both of these problems, a Gliscor would help. Replacing Landorus for Gliscor will solidify your team a lot more against not only Excadrill and Conkeldurr, but also DD Dragonite/Salamence, Breloom, Bulk Up Scrafty, Terrakion, Toxicroak, etc. Here's the set:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb -- Poison Heal
Nature: Impish - EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Ice Fang

Next, I see a problem against opposing Latios that can easily switch out from your Tyranitar after dealing damage and OHKO your Scizor with HP Fire. This is optional but you could replace Ice Beam, since it's not helping you that much as Gliscors won't even come in on Tyranitar and you would have DD Dragonite/Salamence covered with Gliscor. Replacing Ice Beam for Pursuit will allow you to take out opposing Lati@s with ease. This will allow you to invest your SpAtk EVs to Tyranitar's SpDef. You really don't need to invest so much SpAtk as Fire Blast would 2HKO Ferrothorn and SKarmory regardless and OHKO Scizor and Forretress.

One final problem I notice is that you have a really hard time coming in on opposing Rotom-W's. As Latios would be crippled by WoW, Sandstorm damage, and Life Orb damage. Your opponent can easily defeat your Latios by crippling you this way as you lack any way of recovering back your HP. Thus, Recover is pretty important here if you don't wish to be so weak to opposing Rotom-W. Latios doesn't really need Surf for too much reasons as Draco Meteor does enough damage as a super effective Surf attack. So you can replace Surf for Recover.

Good luck!

Nice team. You seem to have enough ways to deal with Ferrothorn, and Latios dies pretty quickly to attacks, SS and LO. I'd recommend Recover over HP Fire, which also lets you tie with opposing Latios. Next, Excadrill seems to be the main sweeper of your team. How about testing a CB Landorus over your current one? You can completely smash up shit with Earthquake and SE, kill opposing Excadrill with Hammer Arm. I've tried your current set before, and it seems a little hard to set up. Expert Belt is also an option if you want to lure in Gliscor and kill it with HP Ice.

Heh I used an identical squad in the r3 suspect test. It's a pretty solid team, though it is about as glass cannon as you can get in a meta filled with excadrill and thundurus (tbh you'd get wrecked by swift swim). As far as threats in the current meta go, I think eternal hit the nail on the head about your weakness to opposing excadrill. However, I never found it necessary to run a gliscor on this team. Both rotom and landorus are bulky enough to take a +2 hit and ko/pop back against a balloon excadrill, and if you just run balloon on your own excadrill (like i did), LO excadrill cannot sweep you without a flinch. Also you aren't even that weak to conkeldurr. Landorus is still going to beat standard bulk up one on one even if it comes in on a boost, and you always have latios to revenge with Draco or possibly rotom if it's not within Mach range. I hope that made sense, but if you really want to test gliscor, run it with taunt+sd otherwise you lose to skarm. The whole point of iconics sd gliscor and scizor duo was that they broke through each others counters, and protect + sd (BAN ME PLEASE)s just don't realize that.

Edit (comp acting up on me): You should definitely consider recover on latios because its resistances are crucial against rotomw/infernape and LO recoil compounds too much upon the residual you take every time you are forced to switch in. I would probably replace HP fire with it because rotom is already luring nattorei anyway and you can still hit scizor with surf.

As a final suggestion, I think a chople berry on Tar would make things a lot easier against thundurus and deoxys with superpower, but that's more up to preference. I even used shuca on it back in r3, but gliscor is a lot more cautious now so it's not as effective.

I have a simil team in the past, i can suggest you to run Life Orb on Scizor, is a good surprise for the opponent like Lum berry is.

Recover on Latios is usefull since he dies so quick.

For the rest, it's a solid and awesome team, GL with that :D

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'd personally give Rotom-W Volt Switch or Will-O-Wisp to switch out or cripple Latis that would otherwise come in, cuz that's really the only member that the opponent can safely bring in the dragon (assuming Landorus has Substitute).

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey,

Well this is a very solid team, but as everyone above has said opposing Excadrill can really give you a lot of headaches since Landorus and Rotom-W aren't the most reliable checks around. So, you could go with Eternal's Gliscor as it gives you a valuable status absorber and an excellent counter to many physical threats. It also breaks stall, and can utilise Swords Dance so that you don't lose offensive momentum. If you want to keep Landorus, an easier option would be to replace Life Orb on Excadrill with Air Balloon. This will ensure that you almost always beat opposing Excadrill, and is also nice as an extra check to Landorus. Since without Life Orb Return drops in power, I would recommend trying out Rapid Spin instead. Rapid Spin is very useful against stall teams, since Excadrill, Scizor and Landorus are basically fodder for Skarmory to set up Spikes. Jellicent is comfortably 2HKOed by Earthquake allowing you to spin as and when you please. Removing hazards takes a lot of pressure of your Pokemon and gives them more freedom in switching.

If you decide to replace Ice Beam on Tyranitar with Crunch, definitely use Hidden Power Ice on Landorus. An effective way to lure and defeat Gliscor would be to Swords Dance as it switches in, Stone Edge on the Protect/Ice Fang and finish it off with a HP Ice. Also, I definitely support Eternal's suggestion of Recover on Latios, you really need it for Latios to be able to continuously switch in to check Celebi, Rotom-W, Infernape and the like.

As for other options, the only other thing really worth trying out is Will-o-wisp on Rotom-W over HP Fire. Scizor and Ferrothorn are still heavily crippled, but WoW is an excellent insurance against DD Dragonite, who has the potential to cause this team some problems. Rotom-W comfortably survives a +1 Dragon Claw from standard Dragonite. It also helps out a lot against specially defensive Jirachi, who could really annoy your team if it starts spamming Body Slam. If you decide against using Gliscor, it would be wise to use a more defensive spread on Rotom-W. A spread of 252 HP | 212 Def | 44 SAtk with a Modest nature is specifically tailored to allow it to tank hits from Excadrill and Landorus, and the drop in power isn't too significant.

Good luck!

San_Pellegrino

the eternal dreamer
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hi,

As most others have noted already, you face problems with opposing Excadrill. The least invasive way to fix this would be though putting Balloon on your own Excadrill, which will be at the least insurance for a speed tie. If you choose to do this, I'd echo IB93's thoughts of replacing Return on Excadrill with Rapid Spin, since hazards and SS do take a cumlulative toll on your team.

Giving Rotom-w Will-o-Wisp is also really recommended to cripple scizor, ferrothorn, and other physical threats. Additionally, Latios really wants Recover in place of surf, since you're not running this in rain anyway and the recovery is vital to do its purpose of wall breaking.

As a minor nitpick, Chople Berry on Tyranitar can be more helpful than leftovers, imo.

Good luck

joshe

the best
You have problems with Volcarona, Terrakion, and other fast frail sweepers such as Thundurus in the rain, and Excadrill in sand. If either one of them sets up with the right weather in place it could very well be GG for you. So as I said on #ratemyteam an Azumarill would work well on this team with checking the aforementioned threats with Aqua Tail. It also provides a STAB waterfall and a powerful ice punch which helps you take care of Gliscor and other walls which prevent Excadrill and Landorus (or Gliscor if you do go that route) from sweeping. I would suggest you place it over Scizor as it really only helps check Reuniclus and things like Tyranitar and Lati@s.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall
- Superpower
---

With Scizor gone I'd suggest changing Tyranitar's set to a more physically based set with a Chople Berry which allows you to take on Reuniclus as well as Lati@s with tar's powerful STAB Crunch. Mixtar isn't really the most effective tar set anymore due to opposing players having pokemon other than Gliscor / Ferrothorn to check Tyranitar. Adamant with 32 Atk EVS allows Tyranitar to 2HKO 252 / 252 Bold Reuniclus 89.5% of the time (with Leftovers and no hazards up) and with Stealth Rock it always 2HKO's with Crunch: 343 Atk vs 273 Def & 424 HP (80 Base Power): 218 - 258 (51.42% - 60.85%). The choice between Superpower and Stone Edge is up to you and whether you want Tyranitar to try and check Tornadus and Thundurus with Stone Edge. Superpower hits ferrot etc.

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 220 SpD
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower / Stone Edge
---

Also with Haxorus you really can't do much but let it kill the weakest or most unneeded pokemon on your team. Gliscor would get 2hko'd by a non Rivalry Outrage and the only thing that can really take an outrage is Skarmory which I suppose could be placed over Landorus, but you do lose a valuable sweeper and the synergy Landorus has with Excadrill is too good to not use. Just let something die and revenge it with Latios / Exca / Lando imo.

Good Luck with your team, mr. NatGEOnoob :)

Okay, this is a very cool team.
Standard Draco Meteor / Fire Blast / Brick Break / Roost MixMence can do huge damage to your team though while Roosting off any damage he can take, so wearing it down with Sand, Life Orb and Stealth Rock won't work.
Nasty Plot Thundurus on a Rain team can destroy you when played right. Excadrill can revenge, but when Sand isn't up, +2 Thunder / Focus Blast / Hidden Power Ice can KO all of your team members.
Finally, Life Orb Starmie with its great coverage can sweep your team. Rotom-W is an okay answer, but it can't switch in forever without reliable recovery.

To fix these problems, I recommend using a Choice Scarf Tyranitar over your current set. He can revenge MixMence and Thundurus with Stone Edge, and Starmie with Crunch / Pursuit. Note that you would lose Stealth Rock, so maybem it's best to use Stealth Rock / Stone Edge / Crunch / Pursuit, even though Choice Stealth Rock isn't as effective, it's kind of a staple. EVs are pretty obvious, 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe Jolly.

Solid team, good luck!

PS: A Cresselia would also work very well on your team (also checks Terrakion), but I don't think it's worth replacing a member.

Sun teams have the potential to give you alot of trouble, as do powerful physical attackers. I definitely don't want you to drop Landorus, as it's one of the things making it so easy for your Excadrill to sweep, so to fix the issue with physical attackers, how about using a Slowbro in Rotom-W's place? It retains the role of bulky water while countering these threats extremely reliably; it also lures and 2HKO's Skarmory, paving a path for an Excadrill sweep.

Slowbro @ Leftovers | Bold | Regenerator | EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Scald | Psychic | Fire Blast | Slack Off

Now to address the issue with sun: I'd like you to consider using a set of Calm Mind | Recover | Dragon Pulse | Hidden Power [Fire] on Latios (Leftovers preferred but Life Orb works as well). Sun teams often have very little that can defeat this set once it's grabbed some boosts on Ninetales or Dugtrio. This set can also sweep against non-sun teams, being able to break past two big counters (Scizor/Ferrothorn) as long as you eliminate the Tyranitar first.

Lastly, try a Chople Berry > Leftovers and Rock Slide > Ice Beam on Tyranitar. Chople+Crunch guards you against Reuniclus, Chople+Rock Slide guards you against Thundurus / Tornadus, and Rock Slide gives you a decent check to Volcarona, since switching Excadrill in on an assumed Quiver Dance / Bug Buzz is a bit dangerous. Gliscor is really cautious around Tyranitar now so Ice Beam generally isn't too useful; Rock Slide hits flyers as well, so you're not missing on much. Cool team and good luck!

One final problem I notice is that you have a really hard time coming in on opposing Rotom-W's. As Latios would be crippled by WoW, Sandstorm damage, and Life Orb damage. Your opponent can easily defeat your Latios by crippling you this way as you lack any way of recovering back your HP. Thus, Recover is pretty important here if you don't wish to be so weak to opposing Rotom-W. Latios doesn't really need Surf for too much reasons as Draco Meteor does enough damage as a super effective Surf attack. So you can replace Surf for Recover.
I agree with him. Once latios is KO, burns due to scald/ WoW cause you troubles. You will have to sacrifice one of your Pokemon to the burn.
Anyway good team and good luck to you :)

EDIT :
I suggest you this

Latias
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Recover
move 3: Dragon Pulse
move 4: Refresh
item: Leftovers
nature: Timid
evs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Speed

He can be a sponge for all status , and he can setup on all toxics users .
f you put it in place of Latios, I advise you to spend Landorus BC to keep the strike force

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)