Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I know this question is stupid, But for some reason, Whenever I've been using Scald (ON A DS, NOT PO.),
I haven't burned ANYTHING WHILE I WAS IN THE RAIN.
Was this just ~30 matches I've been haxed??? Or Does rain stop the burn from scald???
I tried it and i got a burn on the 3th scald.
So u have bad luck my friend :)

What would be a good IN-GAME moveset for Seismitoad? I was thinking Surf, Earthquake (not breeding for Earth Power), and Sludge Wave, but I don't know what to use for the last move. Grass Knot wouldn't work because there aren't that many heavy Pokemon used in-game. Focus Blast gets extremely redundant coverage with Earthquake, so I don't see the purpose of that. So I have no idea what to use as a fourth move. Anyone have any suggestions?

whats a good specially defensive fire type? no heatran please.
Ho-Oh has some pretty crazy SpD, but I assume you aren't too interested in Ubers.

Looking at a list of Fire types, the only ones that really jump out at me for being fairly capable Special Walls are Volcarona, Rotom-H, and possibly Calm Mind Ninetales. Zen Mode Darmanitan would be good if it weren't for the fact that you need to lose 50% HP to even get access to it.

Edit @GMLW: I'd go either Rain Dance or Rock Slide depending on ability.

Is poison regarded as the worst type in the game? What are the pro's and con's of it? I kinda like poison for it's niche aspect, wondering if there are any viable good poison types in the metagame.

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone know where I can find animated sprites of shiny Pokemon?

I need one for Slowbro :/

Is poison regarded as the worst type in the game? What are the pro's and con's of it? I kinda like poison for it's niche aspect, wondering if there are any viable good poison types in the metagame.
Poison's Pro's:
  • Can absorb Toxic Spikes
  • Resistances to Fighting, Grass, Poison, and Bug
  • Good neutral coverage
  • Only 2 weaknesses.
Poison's Cons:
  • Weakness to the ever present Ground type
  • Resisted by Ground, Rock and Poison.
  • Best defensive type (Steel) is immune.

Notable useful Poison types are Tentacruel, Toxicroak, Nidoking, Venusaur, and Gengar.

If a base 90 Speed Poke with a -speed nature, 31 speed IV, and 4 EVs invested in speed uses a +two speed boosting move, what base speed of Pokes can it out speed...

Considering all opposing Pokes to have a neural speed nature, and are fully invested in speed?...

and...

Considering all opposing Pokes to have a +speed nature with and are fully invested in speed?
You would be at 390 speed with those investments.
You will be able to outspeed base 127 speed pokes. So you wont outspeed Jolteon and Aerodactyl.
So I would need to invest a total of 20 Speed EVs for the +2 speed boost to out speed Aerodactyl by one point, correct?

*EDIT*

In other words, how many EVs must be invested in Speed for a base 90 Speed Pokemon with a minus speed nature need to out speed positive speed natured base 130 Pokemon that are fully invested in speed after a plus 2 speed boost?

Math calcs it.

There is a 57% chance to flinch (.95 * .6).
There is a 25% chance of full paralysis occurring.

The odds of your opponent moving is .75 * .43 = .3225 or 32.25%.
Accordingly, you have a 67.75% chance of not being hit, or roughly 2/3.

In essence, 1 - odds of breaking free is your chance of not getting hit.
Odds of breaking free would be .75 * .43, right? He needs not to be fully paralyzed, and needs not to be flinched.

This works the same with an opponent with sand veil who is paralyzed when you use Air Slash, or something.

You would have a .95 * .6 * .8 chance to flinch the opponent then, or 45.6% chance. 1 - .456 = .544. 1 - .544 * .75 = .592, or a 59.2% chance of not getting hit when your opponent is paralyzed but has sand veil when using the move Air Slash.
Thanks alot for the help.Really appreciate it.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
What are the Pokemon you (kinda) need to remove in order to attempt a Terrakion sweep?

With the standard Double Boosting set. >.>

The only threats I could think of is Scizor / Gliscor / Tangrowth / Slowbro / Conkeldurr / Infernape

Meh. :/

So I would need to invest a total of 20 Speed EVs for the +2 speed boost to out speed Aerodactyl by one point, correct?

*EDIT*

In other words, how many EVs must be invested in Speed for a base 90 Speed Pokemon with a minus speed nature need to out speed positive speed natured base 130 Pokemon that are fully invested in speed after a plus 2 speed boost?
Base 130 Pokemon have a maximum speed of 394. You would want your speed to therefore be 198 because 197*2=394. With a -Spd Nature, that requires 20 EV's as you stated. Therefore, you are correct.

In case you care, it would also require 68 to outspeed Electrode, 88 to outspeed Accelgor, 116 to outspeed Deoxys-a and -n, and 164 to outspeed +0 Ninjask. You also can't outspeed max-speed Deoxys-s at +2 as max investment gives you 502 after the speed boost compared to its 504 max.

I know real life =/= In game

BUT

How does a pokemon carrying an Air Balloon use physical ground moves, I doubt they can even touch the ground unless the balloon is just levitating them something like 1 cm from the ground.

It's just strange seeing a Metagross with an Air Balloon using Earthquake, someone could think of a scenario of how this would work, maybe it's just an in game thing.

It would be interesting if Troll Freaks implemented that a pokemon using a Air Balloon can not use ground moves until they lose the Item.

Base 130 Pokemon have a maximum speed of 394. You would want your speed to therefore be 198 because 197*2=394. With a -Spd Nature, that requires 20 EV's as you stated. Therefore, you are correct.

In case you care, it would also require 68 to outspeed Electrode, 88 to outspeed Accelgor, 116 to outspeed Deoxys-a and -n, and 164 to outspeed +0 Ninjask. You also can't outspeed max-speed Deoxys-s at +2 as max investment gives you 502 after the speed boost compared to its 504 max.
I gotta learn how to calculate this stuff for myself someday.

I gotta learn how to calculate this stuff for myself someday.
Just Google stat calculator. There are plenty of free ones online, and it's generally not to hard to make an educated guess of about how many EV's you need for something if you know how they work. Honestly, all I did was use one of those and Serebii's list of the fastest Pokemon. It saves a lot of time, since this is the actual stat formula:

Edit: Apologies for the error Joel. Thanks for the correction UpsideDownHitmontop. I could have sworn I checked that, but I must have forgotten to.

Just Google stat calculator. There are plenty of free ones online, and it's generally not to hard to make an educated guess of about how many EV's you need for something if you know how they work. Honestly, all I did was use one of those and Serebii's list of the fastest Pokemon. It saves a lot of time, since this is the actual stat formula:

You used that formula? If you did then you did the math wrong. He only needs a minimum of 16 EVs. Yes 20 EVs also gives you 198 speed but 16 is the minimum needed (as found from the formula).

EDIT: Oh, you didn't use the formula. Well anyways, he only needs 16 speed EVs.

When it's not being used on any given turn, why does Chandelure "teleport" up/down constantly when attack animations occur in Rotation battles? Is it just a graphical glitch that Game Freak didn't notice? Example: 89-61513-46781.

When it's not being used on any given turn, why does Chandelure "teleport" up/down constantly when attack animations occur in Rotation battles? Is it just a graphical glitch that Game Freak didn't notice? Example: 89-61513-46781.
Isn't the teleportation part of Chandy's animation though?

Regardless, I'll go and check it out.

EDIT: Nothing seems wrong with Chandelure's animation...

What is the best possible IV spread to use for a Thundurus if I want it to have HP Ice? I want it to have as many flawless IVs as possible.

What is the best possible IV spread to use for a Thundurus if I want it to have HP Ice? I want it to have as many flawless IVs as possible.
31/30/30/31/31/31. Speed is the most important IV; out of the four total viable ones, I believe two other HP-Ice 70 spreads only have 30 Spe and the last spread for HP-Ice 70 has less 31's than this one does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)