México gets VGC for 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.facebook.com/pokemex?sk=wall&filter=2

The post that informs reads:
"Datos para la liga oficial de Pokémon en México de las versiones Black & White se revelarán las primeras semanas de Septiembre."

Which translates to:
"Data for the Official Pokémon League in México of Black & White Versions will be revealed by the first weeks of September"

==============

Pokémex is the only Mexican "association" that gets direct contact with TPCi. They have been trying to get the event since 2009 and they finally did!!!

==============

I think one of the main reasons TPCi decided this is because of Mexican TCG player Josué Palomino (aka Ecruteak in Mexican forums) getting to the Semi-finals in 2011 Worlds, losing to the eventual champ.
==============

México has had an official TCG league for a long time, but we had never had one for the VGC.
==============

The event will probably take place in México City (D.F.).

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Someone correct me if I"m wrong but Official Pokemon League isn't synonymous with VGC is it?

And if true, this gives me hope that Canada will also get a VGC site.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
I think one of the main reasons TPCi decided this is because of Mexican TCG player Josué Palomino (aka Ecruteak in Mexican forums) getting to the Semi-finals in 2011 Worlds, losing to the eventual champ.
It sounds a bit weird to start a VGC event due to success in the TCG. I mean Canada had a TCG World champion last year and we didn't get anything.

In any case, it's great to see Mexico join in on VGC.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think if this is true it probably has nothing to do with the player doing well in worlds, these plans had to be in place before worlds. I think it does fall in with the other thread about us regionals, VGC is expanding.

Mirroring the TCG more like. If we based VGC events based on Worlds finish then France and Germany would not even have a VGC.

Also Canada.

Brazil won Junior TCG world championship and probably will stay ignored from nintendo. But I wish good luck to Mexico, as we have the same Nintendo distributor.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If it's an expansion of the official VGC competitions - like South Korea got this year - we will see Mexico represented at the Worlds competition next year in Hawaii. It has not been confirmed whether or not this will be a part of the VGC competitions.

Someone correct me if I"m wrong but Official Pokemon League isn't synonymous with VGC is it?

And if true, this gives me hope that Canada will also get a VGC site.
We've had an "Official Pokemon League" of TCG and every year the winner goes to Worlds.

There has been a little bit of too much imagination here. League & VGC are not the same. We could have a league, but no representation in the WCS.
No official statement has been released, so everything said is still unofficial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)