Gen 3 BP's Bane

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers ** Flying Tin Can
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 126 Def / 132 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rest
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Leads because Spikes are important. I usually switch straight to Steelix or something in case of Magneton. I love my SDef, because I have Steelix as a secondary physical wall.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Leftovers ** Al Capone
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Spd / 82 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Rock Slide
- Sleep Talk
- Whirlwind

lol. Helps with Boah more than you'd think.

Steelix (M) @ Leftovers ** Wise guy
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 234 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Roar
- Toxic

Toxic Zapdos, Roar if it subs. Genius! DDTar counter (It takes EQs like a champ).

Dusclops (M) @ Leftovers ** Fat Tony
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 52 Spd / 180 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Blocks Rapid Spin. Tons of SDef because really, look at my team. Steelix, max HP Aerodactyl, Skarmory. I need that SDef to help with Jynx and stuff. Will-O-Wisp protects me on the physical side, anyway.

Celebi @ Leftovers ** Jimmy Hoffa
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Perish Song
- Psychic
- Recover

Perish Song for BP teams and last Pokemon Curselax (a team based on phazing has trouble otherwise). Leech Seed hits Mr. Mime and heals my dudes. =)

Starmie @ Leftovers ** omg triad lolz
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Spd / 122 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

This is the weak link. Used to be Articuno with Rest, Sleep Talk, Ice Beam, Roar, but I decided I wanted Rapid Spin for Dusclops, Celebi, and Steelix. I was considering Armaldo to make life hell for Ninjask, but ultimately, the lack of Recover pushed me in favor of Starmie (Rock Blast, EQ, HP Bug, Rapid Spin @ CB is what I would have used).

I have a huge Jynx / Regice weak now that I lost Articuno. Armaldo would help with both somewhat. Considering Forretress here with an awesome set, but then I'm absolutely slaughtered by Fire moves.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
sleep talk snorlax over aerodactyl maybe? A rock move is useful but...

that would be for starmie then because aerodactyl gets more defense and special defense as hariyama.

and then a question what do you do about things that witstand spikes?
because if ssomeone has 3 pokes that witstand spikes does your team make it to kill all of those?

and secondly tell me is this a team that has to play against every type of team or is its only purpuse to play against bp teams

that would be for starmie then because aerodactyl gets more defense and special defense as hariyama.

and then a question what do you do about things that witstand spikes?
because if ssomeone has 3 pokes that witstand spikes does your team make it to kill all of those?

and secondly tell me is this a team that has to play against every type of team or is its only purpuse to play against bp teams
Well he made it to the top 8 of the Smogon Tour last night and lost to quite a bit of luck.

as i expectet from a team build by him most of the time he builds good one's but if i look at it on paper it doesn't look that good to me but how many people did he played against in that tournament?

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I played that last night, its really good.

No beam though anywhere :(, not that it needs it anyways.

i have to tell could you explain to me i whas just playing with a steelix against a tyranitar and tyranitar without DD did a eartquake and whas faster and would kill me with 2 so it does not counter it

i have to tell could you explain to me i whas just playing with a steelix against a tyranitar and tyranitar without DD did a eartquake and whas faster and would kill me with 2 so it does not counter it
It was probably a CBtar, and/or you just didnt max hp on your steelix.

i am not english so i dont care about my spelling you understand what i say and else dont read it i could take the time to wright it better but some things i dont know and i dont want to take the time either.

might have been a choice band version indeed and the ev's where the same so.

</p>but still on paper it looks like there are allot of things out there wich can beat this team but well cant tell that for sure until i played it myself.</P>

i also think this team would have problems with gengar if starmie is out of the way and even if starmie is still there it will be hard tough celebii might be abel to do something about that but still

i am not english so i dont care about my spelling you understand what i say and else dont read it i could take the time to wright it better but some things i dont know and i dont want to take the time either.

</p>but still on paper it looks like there are allot of things out there wich can beat this team but well cant tell that for sure until i played it myself.</P>
I'm not a native english speaker either, but my typing is still readable. I'm quite sure that whatever language you normally speak uses punctuation.

Also, just saying that 'something can beat this team, but i don't know what' is pretty useless and obvious.

Meh, I'm going too offtopic now.

i also think this team would have problems with gengar if starmie is out of the way and even if starmie is still there it will be hard tough celebii might be abel to do something about that but still
Celebi can come in and take the Ice Punch and Recover and hit back with Psychic. Dusclops can take numerous hits from Gengar and hit back with Shadow Ball. Gengar should not cause a problem for this team. If need be Steelix can even come in and take any move Gengar can throw at him and just Rest it off.

Sub/Punch/HP bug/Rock slide Tyranitar problems, imo

I also wouldn't push your luck against DDtar, steelix may take a few hits, but skarm and Celebi (And dusclops too, to an extent) give it free switches

Sub/Punch/HP bug/Rock slide Tyranitar problems, imo

I also wouldn't push your luck against DDtar, steelix may take a few hits, but skarm and Celebi (And dusclops too, to an extent) give it free switches
Why would you switch Tyranitar into Dusclops? Especially something as valuable as Dragon Dance Tyranitar. You risk a Will-O-Wisp or Focus Punch on the switch, both of them being extremely destrimental to your sweep. Even if you have Taunt you risk getting Focus Punched and if you do not decide to Taunt and they Will-O-Wisp you are hurt ethier way.

Lexay

I could be boned!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's not as BP proof as you think it is. Celebi must outspeed Mr. Mime to work. If Smeargle gets roared out via Skarmory or Steelix, they cannot OHKO Smeargle, actually nothing but Dusclops can tbh. So let's just have a scenario.

Say Smeargle Ingrains while you switch to I'd assume Aerodactyl or Starmie, given they are both faster and best sleep takers. As you hit them, they'll Spore. Assuming that Leftovers and Ingrain brings it back to health, it now gets in a Sub as you switch to the other fast poke you didn't use, or risk the 33% with Aerodactyl. Once it gets up that Sub, wouldn't you be unable to Leech Mr. Mime with Celebi? And should you break a sub on the switch to Mime against Celebi, it's pointless if they're faster in which case just setting up another Substitute. Also, if it's a full base Baton Pass Team, why not just sacrifice Umbreon with Mean Look to Celebi stop it from further creating havoc, as it is easy without the worry of PSong.

Other than that, the only real weakness is, if you can even call it one is, Dugtrio trapping Celebi and something like last Poke Cune/Lax rapes you.

ah i love teams with sense and logic in them, opposed to a bunch of standards put together, that only complement each other superficially.

this is a whole team with a clear strategy, that makes it very pleasing to the eyes to read.. keep up the solid RMTs..

regarding improvements:
-im only a lowly noob, but i disagree with people above in regards to DD tars and CB tars, what more can you do, you have skarm/steelix and dusclops, which isnt too shabby at all.. however boah/tar variants with rock slide to take our aero, arent pleasant..
-also i know they're hardly seen, but houndoom looks like it could hurt, with crunch / flamethrower, which is super effective vs 5/6 of your team..
-apart from that general slight special def weakness, looks very solid, cant really fault it, even thought it doesnt matter if one can.

++10 points for using sleep talk aero.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I noticed the Houndoom weakness (if it has HP Ice it would screw over Aero, too), but with Hariyama, any Tyranitar weakness I had is reduced (only by using Claydol over Starmie could I improve it while still being the same team, really), as well as Houndoom in particular and Fires in general (slightly worse vs. Moltres and now I have a huge Charizard weakness, but oh well).

Now that I think about it, that Charizard weakness is huge. Only Starmie can stop it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)