Gen 3 Rate My Team? Maybe?

I wanted to make a new team that was fun, but at the same time was decent. I have seemed to have ok results with it, but it's lacking in some departments and just seems to be missing some stuff. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Slaking @ Choice Band
Trait: Truant
Evs: 252 speed, 252 attack, 6 spdef
Adamant Nature
-Earthquake
-Fury Swipes
-Return
-Shadow Ball

Basic Slaking. I need a little more experience so I can make the wiser choice with his moves, but he definitely is fun and gets enough kills to be worth it. Fury swipes has gotten me numerous wins vs jolteons, ninjasks, even brelooms.

Gengar @ Lefties
Trait: Levitate
Evs: 80 Atk, 176 speed, 252 spatk
Mild Nature
-Destiny Bond
-Ice Punch
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt

Main mixed attacker. Dbond is in there because it works. Ground, fighting, and normal immunity make him really valuable to me. :x

Magneton @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
Evs: 138 speed, 252 spatk, 119 spdef.
Modest Nature
- Hp Grass
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Boltbeam resistor. HP grass for swampert, obviously. Slaking will have humongous troubles with skarmory, so magneton is here to take skarm out, of course.

Swampert @ Lefties
Trait: Torrent
Evs: 252 Hp, 136 def, 122 spatk.
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Protect
Mixpert. The rock resistance is valuable ont his team, as is being a counter to non hp grassing electrics, salamence, and metagross. Hydro Pump proves to be extremely useful. Nothing out of the ordinary here. Swampert probably stays because it counters so many things beautifully.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 132 hp, 180 attack, 56 defense, 140 spdef
Careful Nature
-Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

The useful sleep eater. My team was also low on special sponges as well as physical attackers. Snorlax is much better than blissey and celebi in that regard, so I chose him.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 hp, 82 Attack, 152 speed, 20 spatk
Hasty Nature
- Haze
- Sludge Bomb
- Surf
- Toxic

Pretty much a general utility. I couldn't use weezing, becasue my team would have no water resistance. Tentacruel seemed fun. liquid ooze rocks. Sceptile is always happy to be twice as much down after a subseed chapade. I had to decide between haze and rapid spin here. I have no other pseudohazers, so haze was very important. Spikes are also taken out in general by maggy, anyway.

Basically, I like this team, but will change it up. Slaking stays, but most anything else can be messed with or be replaced.

I wanted to make a new team that was fun, but at the same time was decent. I have seemed to have ok results with it, but it's lacking in some departments and just seems to be missing some stuff. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Slaking @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
-Earthquake
-Fury Swipes
-Return
-Shadow Ball

Basic Slaking. I need a little more experience so I can make the wiser choice with his moves, but he definitely is fun and gets enough kills to be worth it. Fury swipes has gotten me numerous wins vs jolteons, ninjasks, even brelooms.

Gengar @ Lefties
Mild Nature
-Destiny Bond
-Ice Punch
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt

Main mixed attacker. Dbond is in there because it works. Ground, fighting, and normal immunity make him really valuable to me. :x

use +spd nature instead. also, sludge bomb will do more damage than shadow ball

Magneton @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Hp Grass
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Boltbeam resistor. HP grass for swampert, obviously. Slaking will have humongous troubles with skarmory, so magneton is here to take skarm out, of course.

you should just max speed

Swampert @ Lefties
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

Mixpert. The rock resistance is valuable ont his team, as is being a counter to non hp grassing electrics, salamence, and metagross. Hydro Pump proves to be extremely useful. Nothing out of the ordinary here. Swampert probably stays because it counters so many things beautifully.

you just need enough spatk for 220
also, sub wouldn't be a good choice. you could use roar for phazing or protect

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
-Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

The useful sleep eater. My team was also low on special sponges as well as physical attackers. Snorlax is much better than blissey and celebi in that regard, so I chose him.

get more defence instead. at least 200

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Hasty Nature
- Haze
- Sludge Bomb
- Surf
- Toxic

Pretty much a general utility. I couldn't use weezing, becasue my team would have no water resistance. Tentacruel seemed fun. liquid ooze rocks. Sceptile is always happy to be twice as much down after a subseed chapade. I had to decide between haze and rapid spin here. I have no other pseudohazers, so haze was very important. Spikes are also taken out in general by maggy, anyway.

weird, but druidcruel is more useful overall i think

Basically, I like this team, but will change it up. Slaking stays, but most anything else can be messed with or be replaced.

I would put a physical wall (jira, skarm, weezing, etc) over Tentacruel to patch up the team a bit. Btw, snorlax is a good enough water resist/counter on his own.

IMO substitute on swampert is useless. Its far too slow to block any of the status moves or scout for HP grasses. I would put protect in its place, giving you the advantage of being able to protect on the exploding gross. Also, i personally would rather get Focus Punch over either Earthquake or Fury Swipes, depending on my team, which in your case i think getting rid of Eq is better since you have ttar and meta covered.

Oops, swampert has protect, not substitute. My bad :o.

On slaking, earthquake hits ttar, while fury swipes gets through the subsitutes, which is entirely necessary for slaking because he only getss one attack. But yeah ditching eq for the punch keeps them at bay. I like it. :o

Also, snorlax may be able to resist waters, but if a calm minding cune comes up, he's done for. Cruel can haze and resist the water attacks all in one.

I think sludge bomb over shadow ball is a good idea on gengar.

I'll think about putting a wall over cruel, weezing would basically be the exact same think, only without that nasty ground weakness and without the water/ice resist. And less leech seed sapping. But that's novel anyway.

Slaking @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
-Earthquake
-Fury Swipes
-Return
-Shadow Ball

Slaking doesn't need to be that fast in my opinion. Many people forget that this Pokemon has one of the highest HPs in the game and that it has decent defenses as well to switch in [base 100 defense, for example]. But if your good at predicting, you don't have to worry much about the switching-in part, unless it's NEEDED. Anyway, I run my Slaking at 252 att, 236 HP, 20 speed. These speed evs are important to out speed all base 70 Pokemon that don't run a speed + nature. Just use this like any other CB by predicting accordingly.

Gengar @ Lefties
Mild Nature
-Destiny Bond
-Ice Punch
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt

Main mixed attacker. Dbond is in there because it works. Ground, fighting, and normal immunity make him really valuable to me.

Gengar evs vary considerably and they are really dependent on the kind of team that your running. In my opinion, I would run max hp and enough defense to reach a stat of 166. This is because your team has a DD mence weakness somewhat; and the previously mentioned EV spread will enable you to survive a one DD Salamence HP Flying every time in order for you to OHKO it with Ice Punch the next turn.:x

Magneton @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Hp Grass
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

"Boltbeam resistor", but with that EV spread it won't get that job done very well. It will have trouble switching in to regice anyway, due to Maggi's slow Sp.def and HP. I would recommend running a more defensive Maggi [starting with Max HP] spread to take advantage of it's bolteam resistance. You can start by taking some evs from sp.att since you don't need to add so much there anyway.

Swampert @ Lefties
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Mixpert. The rock resistance is valuable on this team, as is being a counter to non hp grassing electrics, salamence, and metagross. Hydro Pump proves to be extremely useful. Nothing out of the ordinary here. Swampert probably stays because it counters so many things beautifully.

As said with Gengar, Swampert spreads vary based on the team being used. The spread that you are using is good to counter DD ttar, which is a huge threat to team at the later stages of a battle.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
-Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Very Important to use earthquake here, since it covers DD ttar [A big threat to this team once Swampert is out. So if you don't have swampert left, you can earthquake it to kill it [assuming tyranitar is weakened though]. It should be a 3HOKO to Tyranitar.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Hasty Nature
- Haze
- Sludge Bomb
- Surf
- Toxic

Spikes are only taken out if you use HP Fire on Magneton, since many people have been inclined to using Forretress now. And the water resistance here isn't important because you have Snorlax with rest and has high sp.defense to take on whatever water type coming [except calm mind cune, of course]

Overall, the team has a good Dragon Dance mence/ttar weakness when your pokemon are at low health. I think you should consider making gengar defensive to take out salamence if it dragon dances and swampert is weakened.

for slaking i think hyper beam or return would be better than fury swipes
or better yet, replace it with slack off.. for recovery.. but you have to replace CB if
you'd put slack off..

for slaking i think hyper beam or return would be better than fury swipes
or better yet, replace it with slack off.. for recovery.. but you have to replace CB if
you'd put slack off..
Bad idea imo. He already has Return, and Hyper Beam would be almost useless. Slaking is basically an in/out poke due to his trait, and he certainly would find no time to recover off damage with slack off. Fury Swipes is good enough imo. It'd prolly just be filler in some matches, but it could be handy for taking care of subbers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)