Does this sound like a good tier?

• Yes.

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • No.

Votes: 24 77.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As some of you may know, I have been mentioning the Acid Rain glitch on the Pokemon Online server as an actual tier. Acid Rain works as such:

After activation, all of the effects with priority over any other moves means the move and all moves with priority under it will be permanently active and having their effects take place (although in this case all would be active). Since all of them would be active, the field will always be under these effects:
Trick Room,
Gravity,
Uproar,
Fog (deals damage),
Hail (deals damage),
Sand (deals damage),
Sun (deals damage),
Rain (deals damage).
Any other multiple-turn move must be activated manually and will last the usual amount of turns they are active for.

Pokemon that are immune to either Hail or Sandstorm damage with be dealt 4/16 of their HP a turn instead of 5/16. However, Pokemon that are immune to both Sandstorm and Hail (such as Mamoswine or any Magic Guard user) take absolutely no damage at all. Pokemon with abilities that recover HP (such as Rain Dish) will instead heal four times a turn instead of being hurt by the weather and will only be hurt if they have full HP during a recover process. However, abilities such as Dry Skin (which heals in rain and hurts in sun) will only heal on the weather they would normally heal on, and would be injured by all other weather effects.

Thunder and Blizzard have 100% accuracy, due to rain and hail being on the field, respectively. Solarbeam has no charge time, but it deals half the damage it usually does due to other weather being present.

The reason I am proposing this is because many players have not been able to experience such a glitch, and even those who have were likely unable to play competitively due to the activation trigger. Aside from that, it would make Pokemon such as Clefable, Ludicolo, Regice, Walrien, etc. see more use due to Acid Rain's unique weather effects. Pokemon such as Choice Band Scizor and Multiscale Dragonite would be forced out of their spots as top-quality OU Pokemon because of the rapid damaging effects of Acid Rain. The permanent effects of Gravity and Trick Room would also affect low-accuracy moves slightly (due to fog lowering accuracy a little) and encourage slower Pokemon instead of faster sets, allowing more bulk to be added on each monster.

So, what do you all think of this? Good or bad?

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While cool in theory Acid Rain only exists in HG/SS and can only be activated on a very specific set of circumstances. The first being that some weather needs to be started previously, and the host of the match (which is a 50/50 chance) needs to KO a pokemon on the switch out with Pursuit.

The most common example of this was Tyranitar using Pursuit on a Starmie (I guess) in 4th gen, meaning that we'd really only see Sand, Sun, Rain acid weather. To get the other ones requires a ton of set-up prep and on top of that it isn't even 100% likely, considering you only have a 50% chance to be the host of a match.

To put it bluntly, no, not a good idea.

What I meant was that Acid Rain would be automatically started upon both players sending out their first monster. No obnoxious sets to activate the effects would have to exist, nor would any players have to actively attempt to trigger it. Instead, they would be creating a team designed to survive in such an environment.

There would be some crazy sets in your proposed tier. Imagine Ludicolo with Rain Dish. Not only would it regain 1/4 of its total HP every turn from its ability, but it also has Leftovers which puts you at 5/16 every turn which means 2 Protects and anything else will heal you almost fully, or you could go over full in 3 turns with Leech Seed. And Giga Drain is also an option. Just imagine Walrein with a major healing buff too

Maybe I just hate stall too much, but this would be a very stallish tier, considering that the only offensive boosts would be to slow types that utilize Ground well, such as Steelix

Also no sleep is weird

I think this would be a really cool idea, sadly this would be impossible to duplicate in the actual game (having the weather conditions start up). Pokemon Online is supposed to emulate the actual game, not create an entirely new one. If Smogon were to make an exception to the rule and create this tier I'm sure it would get a lot of attention though, it seems like a really cool tier that many people would like.

Anything not immune to Sand AND Hail would get wrecked in this tier. You really wouldn't even need to attack, just wait for the after-turn weathers to destroy your opponent while your Mamoswine/Magic Guard Pokémon don't get scratched, stall with Protect/recovery move, then attack, and everything would drop. So while this is a good idea in theory, it takes a good 1/4th of health from a good chunk of the metagame's Pokémon. Magic Guard Pokémon and Mamoswine would be practically essential for this tier.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Is this a Cup or a tier. If it's a Cup, then you'll get shit experience because lol rigged rules ("everyone must have a means of activating Acid Rain!!!"). If it's a metagame, then... fine I guess. But I'm sure it wouldn't differ much from DPPt.

Magic Guard Pokémon and Mamoswine would be practically essential for this tier.
Please, enlighten me as to how would a Hail team be the host of the battle 100% of the time, have a Pursuit user 100% of the time and use Pursuit on a switching pokémon, killing it, 100% of the time.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
@Mario: Dagger was saying that Acid Rain would be an automatic weather the second that the game started.
Somehow I overlooked that tiny bit part.

Yeah, this would suck. Zero information on the "real" metagame, but could be as fun as (BAN ME PLEASE) Cup or Terrorist Cup, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)