Counter that 'mon (a team-building game)[Team 2 VOTING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys i have been a little busy and i haven't had time to tend to this post. i am slightly disappointed with the lack of votes but anyway...

The voting for Team 2's first member is now closed. The voting results were:

Unitas' Wobbafett- 0

WaterBomb's Nidoking- 0

Joeyboy's Gengar- 2

I Am's Scizor- 3

HolyAvatar's Latios- 0
and
CrackinSkulls' Gliscor- 1

The polls have resulted in an outstanding winner. Congratulations to I Am's Scizor!! The suggestions for team 2's second member will now be open. It will close in 72 hours.

~Starmie @ expert belt
~252spA/252spe/4 hp
~timid / natural cure
~hydro pump, thunder bolt, ice beam, hidden power-grass

Scizor's main problems are bulky waters, skarmory, heatran, fire & gliscor. This thing aims at countering all of these. It also resists fire type attacks scizor's biggest enemy. It hits every water type except ludicolo super effectively. It has problems with the pink blobs and scizor is there just for this. It has good synergy with scizor. Although we could use a choice item or LO but the flexibility and the extra life are too much for me to give up.

blunder

the bobby fischer of pokemon
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 25 Championis a defending SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
I believe Indian is on the right track, but Starmie is pretty frail and pretty weak without at a Life Orb. Do my proposition is, can I say Keldeo? It's out in three days so I might a well include it. Is it alright CrackinSkulls? I day we go for a standard Keldeo set of

Keldeo @ Life Orb
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spd
Nature: Timid

- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden power Ghost / Ice

Keldeo does what Starmie does, but becomes a boosting sweeper with a much higher spec attack and better typing. I would also like to say if we include Keldeo, that our team would benefit immensely from rain with the power boost and Scizor's weakness halved.

So if we can't use Keldeo, I reccomend a more bulky approach

Celebi @ Leftovers
80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spd
Nature: Timid

- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Fire
- Earth Power

Celebi is a great partner for Scizor with decent synergy and the fact that it muscles it's way through most of scizor's counters. Celebis speed is great and let's it outspeed many fire types in OU and eliminate them with Earth Power. It's coverage is pretty great, and it's inability to touch dragons is finished by Scizor. If we do pick this guys, next pokes gotta be something for fire types

I told this starmie set coz w/o hp-grass we have two pokes who are weak to gastrodon. It also has a surprise factor. You can also bluff a choice specs set.

blunder

is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 25 Championis a defending SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
I told this starmie set coz w/o hp-grass we have two pokes who are weak to gastrodon. It also has a surprise factor. You can also bluff a choice specs set.

Scizor isn't exactly weak to Gastrodon. Sets up SD in it's face an OHKOes in Return with LO Bug Bite

@thunderblunder keldeo is fine i have been using it in the dream world and it is an absolute boss. thanks for your suggestion.

@ indian the opponent can see our teams and all there sets so i don't know what surprise factor you are looking for and with starmie the opponent can just choose a ferro who walls both starmie and scizor but i will include it in the coting anyway

@thunderblunder keldeo is fine i have been using it in the dream world and it is an absolute boss. thanks for your suggestion.

@ indian the opponent can see our teams and all there sets so i don't know what surprise factor you are looking for and with starmie the opponent can just choose a ferro who walls both starmie and scizor but i will include it in the coting anyway
Umm....swords dance Superpower OHKOs Ferrothorn.

blunder

Big Chungus Winner
I just realized that Keldeo can OHKO Terrakion and mess with Ferrothorn too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)