Did you like High School?

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i am not sure what counts as high school but once i finished compulsory education, i had the best time ever. sixth form was brilliant, so much freedom and so few worries! scrounging off my parents but not actually having to spend any time with them, heh. excellent.

Hated it. Was put into a male only Grammar School where the teacher's had insane expections and the majority of people were pricks. I ultimately ended up quitting 3 years into it and moved to a different school, which I ultimately dropped out of again. In all honesty, much of it was own fault, I had my own issues and they didn't gel well in a high pressure enviroment. I'm one of those who, if they could go back in time, would kick their own ass.

I enjoyed it a lot. High schools here, at least mine, didn't have any groups like the jock group, the nerd group etc. Everybody in one class got along really well, we goofed, we partied but still kept our good grades. I also had incredibly good teachers throughout my three highschool years like my Math and Biology teacher, who I still keep in touch. Going to the Uni didn't change my relations much. I made lots of new friends and still hang out with my highschool classmates.

I don't think I could put in words exactly how much I love my high school.

It's a really small school (~70 users), so everybody is on pretty much good terms with everybody else, the work is easy because our students are underachievers (giving me time to piss away on whatever I feel like at the moment), and our teachers are... quite a strange crew. Which is good, they make school less boring.

The only thing that bothers me is that I still have another seventy-five or so days until it starts again. :/

I have effectively finished 9th grade (last quiz was today, so nothing of importance for the rest of the year) and so far, if high school is hell, then death is a pansy.

I don't know what to say about high school so far but it being amazing. I'm a senior next year and i can't wait. I've met so many good friends although alot will be graduating this year so that kinda sucks. But alteast i have the summer to look foward to graduation parties. School in it self has been fun. You just have to make the best of it. Some of my best memories are at the football games just getting together with a bunch of kids getting drunk in the stands and watching our team get crushed. Next year is going to be sick and i really can't wait. I got two finals left as a junior and then i'm a senior plus since i can already graduate my classes are cake well some of them anyway.

I fucking loved high school, there were groups like jocks, punks, artists, etc but I personally never let that stuff get to me so it was all good. NYS has Regents curriculum which is retarded and you get no freedom in what you learn but whatever not like I took high school seriously anyway. Lotsa friends, good parties, prom's are always good, more girls than I could count, all in all it was cool.

Moved to a new school in my sophmore year, and didn't adjust properly until this year (Senior Year). It sucks that I didn't get to finish "growing up" with the kids that I'd known for most of my life, but I guess it makes the transition to college much easier.

I guess I really can't complain, most of the kids here were nice, if a bit unwilling to accomadate me inititally as a new student.

I loved high school. I went to a military school in Japan, and everyone there was pretty close.

I started skateboarding during my freshman year, mostly because my other friends skated. By 11th grade, the people in my skate crew were some of the best friends I ever had.

But I had to move back to the States the summer of my senior year, which pretty much fucked things up since I didn't know anybody at my new school. Working on the school newspaper and playing varsity soccer helped me meet a lot of new people, but I still missed my old crew.

People say your Senior year is supposed to be your best, but it kind of sucked for me. It's all good though, since I'm planning to go back to Japan over the summer before I start university.

My high school was a piece of shit. Insanely competitive, all anyone (including myself) ever did was study. It's ranked on the top 100 HS in the nation (yeah what a joke) but who really cares? I have no fond memories of that hellhole. About the only positive thing is that it prepared me well for college, although I attribute that to the insane work ethic of students and not to our piss-poor faculty and administration. It's kind of sad when 90% of the students are self-tutoring themselves more effectively than than the teachers YOUR tax money pays for.

My high school is really fun, so far. I definatly like it. My middle school was a piece of shit, however until they rebuilt it. I'm not really talking about the fact that the school itself was terrible, as much as I'm talking about the assholes who went there. Getting spit on is probably one of the worst memories I've had from that place.

I loved it. I don't know if I'll be able to live that worry-free of a life again. All I did was get high every day, and get really drunk on friday and saturday(and sometimes thursday and sunday my senior year). School was so fucking easy, I didn't do shit and just cheated on anything that I had to do, and still pulled excellent grades and good college admission test scores.

Now that I'm graduated, I have to worry about getting a job. Once I start college, I'll actually have to apply myself.

I loved high school just because it was so worry free.

High School was a big thing in my life. There I met people from all over the State, learned to count on myself rather than depending on others, matured a lot, made friendships that will last my entire life, found out that I'm a good actor... so many stuff that I can't remember everything now.
Definitely one of the best parts of my life was High School. I miss it.

I didn't really like being at school. I would go every day because I hated the house more, however. Even then, I'd ditch like half my classes, do insane amounts of drugs and screw random girls in the bathrooms, and still somehow have As and Bs. It wasn't until the second semester of my 11th grade that it started catching up to me and my grades started to slip. I held on enough for my senior year, and i don't know how considering how much speed i used to do. i go visit occasionally cuz i still have friends there. after this year though, they'll all be gone so that'll be the end of that.

Hello everyone, I have been lurking on this site for a few months but haven't posted yet.

So yeah middle school (or junior high what we called it) wasn't really that great. I was so shy and insecure, but by the time grade 9 came around I started being more social so that year wasn't too bad. Grade 10-12 were the years of my high school and they were really good.

I went to a big school (1750 students) which was good because we didn't really have the stereotypes seen in films. I played guitar in band and we had an awesome band program and I'm still friends with a lot of people I met through the band program.

Our school also had really high standards of education which made first year university really easy. I did really well in high school and university with grades (85% average in high shcool, 3.67 GPA in university.)

In terms of social aspects though: the summer going into my last year of high school and my last year of high school and the summer before university was the best time of my life, I did so much fun stuff that I don't do anymore, I miss it so much.

Those were the years when I started getting into punk and ska music, skatin, doing random stundts like stealing signs, driving around and shooting pedestrians with squirt guns, breaking into our school, video taping a whole bunch of antics, playing risk, actually being in a band, going on crazy road trips, etc.

I still do a lot of that stuff now, but it's not the same. I'm pretty sure I had the most innocent high school experience ever, I didn't have a girlfriend, I didn't drink or drugs and still had the best time ever.

It's what I hated most about university (I just graduated from my undergrad). All people ever wanted to do was get drunk and go to bars and it got old so fast. The best thing about university was the amount of music I discovered and the amount of shows and concerts I went to which is probably close to 150 now.

I'm moving to a new city to do my master's in the fall so I'm hopeful I'll better luck in a new city.

Anyway, I enjoyed reading everyone's high school experiences. Good luck to all of you starting university in the fall.

High School wasn't the worst thing in the world for me. It was the time I finally got to realize who I am, what kind of a person am I, etc. I made a lot of friends, some of which are pretty close to me. Class-wise I felt I was spoon-fed in all but my math and AP classes.

The only thing I liked about high school were my friends, period.

The school lunches were abyssmal, the building was well over 50 years old and needed some serious rennovation, social cliques and their dramas were irritating, school dances were hardly what I would call a dance (more like a giant orgy), the variety of classes/electives to choose from was pretty disappointing, and so on, so forth. Oh, and I also absolutely HATED people that did resume padding for college... people that joined 20 afterchool clubs but never showed up for club meetings... yeah, those people.

I did have a few excellent teachers in my four years, but most of them were mediocre at best. I'm just glad I'm in college now.

I don't care who you are, what your school is like, what the people there are like, the courses, the profs, etc. etc.

High school is the exact same as anything else you will ever have to deal with in your life: you get out of it what you put into it.

I have people telling me after graduation that they're glad to be out of high school because they didn't have many friends, or everyone there was an asshole. Of course, I went to the same school they did, and had a blast. High school is an environment that's extremely kind to sociable people, and extremely unkind/unforgiving to people who aren't sociable.

I've only been to one high school, so maybe I don't know enough, but from all that I've seen, this is how high school - no, not even high school - all of life works. Any community you are a part of will be shit if you don't participate.

"That's it, that's all I gotta say, it's in your court now."

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
High school is the exact same as anything else you will ever have to deal with in your life
I liked high school, but I find it quite amusing that someone who has never lived life outside of high school is trying to get away with saying this.

ZOMGHIGH SCHOOL FREAKING ROCKS AHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! CAN NOT EMPHASISE HOW MUCH IT DOES!

i live in sydney, go to a pretty normalish school i guess, 1000 kids, with pretty much the usual lot of everyone- ie good/bad teachers, losers/jerks, BUT SCHOOL IS FREAKING AWESOME, like i dont want to sound illogical, or some pot smoker that doesnt care, but just the socializing! school events! classes! (ours are pretty easy i admit), the respect u get from teachers in highschool! how everyone is cool about anything, the sick lunchtimes, the times when we roll around the floor laughing in Mr Batch.'s english classes.. throwing 'projectile missiles' at the old maths teacher (paper planes)...

sure, its 2am right now and im finishing a physics assignment, but so what? power nap 3 hours, down some up n go, and your right! exams? siick, no homework, just study and going home early!

you have no real responsibilities, and can do whatever you want to get out whatever you want. im doing 15 terms of extra curricular activity or something, and im loving it. im hoping to achieve high 90's by the end, and ive got a YEAR and a HALF left (IM GOING TO USE EVERY MINUTE!), and despite some small things in my life (mum dying), i am happy.

im happy i can appreciate this time to go, im truely going to try to make the most of it.. ST PIUS X COLLEGE FOREVER

/rant above love for highschool/my school

ps- i truely believe high school is the best time anyone can have. the only people who dont enjoy it at all are those who get bullied for some reason, those people with an attitude problem, or just dont do anything for their school. you really get out what you put in i reckon.

What can I say... high school is a total bitch. You put together overly-smart geeks with no social life together in a highly competitive academic environment, and that's my school life. It doesn't help that I'm not that smart and like to have fun either. Sometimes I wish for more fucking brains.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)