RPmons Metagame Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
After a while of theorymonning and test battles with a few of my acquaintances, I've finally gotten around to posting this thread. :>

RPmons, short for Role Play-mons (also because Role Play-mons sounds stupid and the hyphen looks pretty awkward), can essentially be seen as a parallel to Glitchmons. In RPmons, any Pokemon capable of learning Role Play ordinarily (by either level-up, breeding or move tutor), is allowed to have any ability it wants. All Pokemon, however, must have perfectly legal movesets; EV spreads should also still total 510.

Before I go any further, let me just say that this is not an actual glitch in the game, unlike Glitchmons. Don't waste time fooling around with Role Play ingame; you won't get anywhere.

Although RPmons may just seem like BH or Hackmons with way fewer options, let me assure you that it is much more balanced, and as my test battles with users rlyn99 and Snowflakes have shown, more enjoyable for that. For example, the only Prankster-Spore user in RPmons is also one with one of the worst stats: Smeargle. The two users capable of utilising No Guard-OHKO have speeds of 60 (Abomasnow) and 70 (Bisharp). Furthermore, Bisharp's OHKO move, Guillotine, doesn't even work on Ghost-types.

The current banlist for RPmons is as such:

Abilities

• Multitype (cannot be copied by Role Play; doesn't even work on Pokemon besides Arceus)
  • Wonder Guard (cannot be copied by Role Play)
  • Pure Power/Huge Power (balancing purposes)
  • Moody [pending, not banned as of yet] (balancing purposes)
Pokemon

• Mewtwo [pending, not banned as of yet] (balancing purposes)
  • Deoxys (all formes) [pending, not banned as of yet] (balancing purposes)
  • Thundurus-N [pending, not banned as of yet] (balancing purposes)
  • Everything in Ubers which can't learn Role Play [pending, not banned as of yet] (balancing purposes)

RPmons can currently be played only on Debug Mode or Hackmons; as such, Team Preview is off. Make sure you choose your lead properly!

After you've played this metagame a bit, we need your help. Is Moody balanced enough to stay in? Should Mewtwo, Deoxys and Thundurus be banned? What about all the other Uber Pokemon incapable of learning Role Play? Your opinion *actually* matters! :o

To end off my post, below are two of my battle videos from duels with the two aforementioned users. Enjoy!

Level 51 vs rlyn99
Snowflakes vs Level 51

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
For reference, the list of Pokemon capable of using any ability within RPmons:

Code:
Clefairy
Clefable
Vulpix
Ninetales
Jigglypuff
Wigglytuff
Psyduck
Golduck
Mankey
Primeape
Abra
Kadabra
Alakazam
Machop
Machoke
Machamp
Gengar
Drowzee
Hypno
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Mr. Mime
Jynx
Tauros
Mewtwo
Mew
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Sudowoodo
Aipom
Houndour
Houndoom
Stantler
Tyrogue
Hitmontop
Smoochum
Blaziken
Makuhita
Hariyama
Sableye
Meditite
Medicham
Spoink
Grumpig
Spinda
Cacnea
Cacturne
Kecleon
Shuppet
Banette
Absol
Latias
Deoxys (all formes)
Chimchar
Monferno
Infernape
Ambipom
Bonsly
Mime Jr.
Chatot
Riolu
Lucario
Croagunk
Toxicroak
Snover
Abomasnow
Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf
Victini
Purrloin
Liepard
Pansage
Simisage
Pansear
Simisear
Panpour
Simipour
Audino
Lilligant
Yamask
Cofagrigus
Gothita
Gothorita
Gothitelle
Solosis
Duosion
Reuniclus
Elgyem
Beheeyem
Mienfoo
Mienshao
Pawniard
Bisharp
Tornadus (all formes)
Thundurus (all formes)
Landorus (all formes)
Meloetta (all formes)

Assuming this is with the No Ubers at all ban in effect( I know we discussed this before but still), I would like to list out a few threats in this metagame if it were to come into effect.

Abomasnow@Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
- Sheer Cold
- Grass whistle
- Worry Seed
- Earthquake

As the only user of both Role Play and Sheer Cold in RPmons, I guess you could say abomasnow has quite a *puts on sunglasses* role to play. Jokes aside, Abomasnow is no joke, as No Guard sheer cold kos practically every non sturdy pokemon in this metagame. Grass whistle gives it a 100% accurate sleep move, while worry seed is to catch pesky Sturdy users on the switch. Earthquake can be swapped out for any move really; in this case it is used to beat fire type Sturdy users(e.g. Infernape and Blaziken.)

Mew@Anything
Ability: Literally anything
- Anything
- Anything
- Anything
- Anything

Whats with the weird set you ask? Well it's Mew. Mew, having balanced 100/100/100/100/100/100 stats, can fit in like a glove on any team. You can use it as a set-up pokemon abusing prankster, or you can use it as a Magic Bounce SubSD set, abusing the immunity to taunt and Will-o-wisp. Really, anything is possible with Mew

Smeargle@Lum Berry
Ability: Prankster
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Baton Pass
- Spore

Ah, everyone's favourite wildcard. Smeargle functions similarily in RPmons to in Standard, as with that jaw-dropping support movepool and those shitty base stats, running a support set is practically a must. (Although Belly drum Smeargle with Espeed is pretty good but that's not the point here.) Spore is on this set, and +1 priority spore is absolutely devastating. This set functions to pass Belly Drum to a much more dangerous sweeper, and with priority Substitute and Spore, it's nigh impossible to prevent this set from setting up. The Lum berry is to prevent pesky Magic Bounce users from switching in and using your own spore against you. Once again, as with Mew, there are no limits with Smeargle, and any set is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)