Apprentice Program: Round Seventy One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
Username: 725roy

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: 725roy

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6 (Central) usually 2:30 to 9:00 depending on the day. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are my weekday options, seeing as I'm busy most Tuesdays and Thursdays. Weekends also work really well.

What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU

Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a studious guy from Minnesota who does legitimate Let's Plays and I want to get better at battling. I started playing Pokemon for fun during Emerald, and caught every Pokemon on fifth anniversary of playing. I also play certain series' like Mario, the Legend of Zelda, Kirby, Fire Emblem, as well as some othe stuff. I have a 3.945 GPA, and for what I'm doing in high school, I'd say that's pretty good. I like to work hard on things that interest me, and I like to be able communicate with my peers, especially of they're trying to communicate with me. I am very cooperative, but occasionally I do slip, but its rare. I'm also an honors student and a varsity tennis player. That said, I hope to learn a lot here!

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: After looking it over, definitely. It's a great idea.

Skipped in Round 70

Username: kaps

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: papermario/guest whatever/NA

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: US central time (Chicago). Not available Monday/Wednesday/Friday from 8:30 am -1:30pm and Tuesday/Thursday 11 am- 3 pm. all other times I can make work unless there are specific events

What tier do you want to learn?: preferably B2W2 OU, however I would be fine with learning any B2W2 tier

Tell us a little about yourself: I've been off an on with battling on PO/Showdown for a little over a year, although I've never gotten that good. All I've really done is read a few smogon articles here and there on some of my more favorite pokemon, and talked with a few of my friends over (very) primitive strategies. However, I have wanted to change that for a while. Last year I applied over the summer once because I wanted to learn before I went to college, assuming I would not have time. However I was too late signing up and did not receive a spot. Fortunately, after experiencing college thus far I think I actually do have time to pursue learning competitive battling now, and don't have to wait until the summer to learn. And I especially want to learn now before the sixth generation comes out so that I can apply my knowledge when judging new pokemon and experience the drastic changes the metagame will go through with complete understanding.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes!

I have less than 25 posts, yes. This is because last year when I registered I did not have confidence to post my opinions in metagame sections, and did not feel I knew people well enough to post in the non-related forums. When I wasn't accepted into the program, I sort of 'gave up' and did not try again because of perceived time constraints or other reasons. As I said though, I have found I have much more free time to devote to these forums now. You may even be able to see this, as I've been trying to be more outgoing and have actually made posts in other areas. Especially now that I've found threads which draw my interest such as the baseball and health threads in the 'eh' section.

Thanks for your consideration!

(The round I was skipped in was 63)

Username: NahimC
Pokemon Online Username: NahimC
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT-5) 4-9 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: Im not the best/worst battler but I think I'm better then average and I want to step it up to the next level with the amazing battlers of smogon. I like to hang out with my friends, destroy noobs on COD, play soccer and football, and weight lift XD Thank you kind sir :D
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

Giga Punch agreed to tutor me

Username: SubakSupreme
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: SubakSupreme, Monsey
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, weekdays 4pm-11pm weekends: free
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: i having been play competitively since the beginning of 5th gen. I consider myself a good OU player but would like to expand my knowledge on other tiers. Outside of Pokemon I like to watch an assortment of animes as well as participate in martial arts.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

Skipped in Round seventy

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
Username:MCBarrett
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:MCBarrett on PS!
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT-5 I'm usually free between 6-11pm.
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 NU
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm currently a senior in high school. Love playing basketball and I'm finishing up my season right now. I've been playing OU for over 6 months now and I've gotten pretty decent, usually around the 1800's and have peaked at #1 once but that doesn't really mean much on PS. Basically I've heard some good things about NU and some of my friends play it so I thought I'd try to get some help starting off.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes

Username: ReqRep
Pokemon Online: ReqRep
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST; however, I'm available nearly only the time when I'm not working.
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I've been playing Pokemon competitively since around October. I've been a part of the NeoSeeker Pokemon community since around that time. I've grown a lot since I started thanks to some tutoring on there. However, i feel like there is a lot I have left to learn. A member on there told me of this program saying I could likely learn a lot from your members. I'd like to work on team building a good bit more. As well, I feel like I could greatly benefit from some experience battling with someone who is at the op of their game!
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely :].

While I am completely new to these forums, I plan on sticking around from this point forward. I do hope the lack of posts doesn't prevent me from being chosen for this. I'm incredibly dedicated to learning this game and perfecting my skills as best i can. AskJeevs as well as Fluffysk1lls can both attest to this as i know them both and have spent time working with each of them. While i might be new to the Smogon community, this is no way means i'm new to pokemon community. I would love the opportunity to hone my skills and push my self to my utmost potential.

Thanks for your time!

Username: Mettking
Pokemon Showdown: Mettking
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: US Centeral: Sunday, Tuesday, Friday after 6pm
Tell us a little about yourself: In my final semester of college and mainly looking for something to help keep me sane for the rest of the year. I've played since gen 1 but took a break after gen 2, but never had any sence of balancing a team, both with team building and exp balancing. Got back into it for Heartgold and began reading into the metagame after finding pokerus. While I'm begining to understand how EVs and IVs, I still need help creating a team. I have been better at variaty, both for moves and types, I still keep building teams that have one major weakness on multiple members and focus on attacking moves with little to no status changes or weather effects.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I'm willing to try.

Why I should be considered with under 25 posts: I'll more then willing to admit I'm usually more a lurker then a talker, but I feel like I have nothing to say about what I read. Whether I'm unexperenced in the subject or just don't have an opinion on it, I'd like to know what I'm saying or have an actual thought then just post for posts sake.

Username: Justhavinfun
Pokemon Showdown Username: Gubs
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: M-Th: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM PST ; Friday & Saturday Available pretty much any time
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 20 year old student (right now taking a semester off from college) who has played pokemon since it came out in America. From a competitive standpoint I have played pokemon off and on for almost 5 1/2 years. I was actually a pretty good player in 4th gen but when 5th gen came out I really struggled to get the hang of it so I haven't played it very seriously. I hope that collaborating with a tutor will help me refine my skill not only in BW2 OU but just make me an all around better player.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yeah
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. The reason my post count is so low is because I originally created this account to view suspect test threads and threads of that sort. I hope to use the tutor program not only as a vehicle to refine my skills in BW2 OU but also to use this program as a way to breakthrough into the smogon community and become a contributing member. I realize that these tutors have other things to do than just tutor those who feel they need it so I will try my best not to waste their time.

Username: Terraquaza
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Terraquaza,
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, wednessday, friday + weekend
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: plays pokemon since 08/09, wants to reach top16 at stour one day(!!), i have a ps3+wii and my favourite modes are dpp ubers and vgc
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: ya

(i'd like to have ojama/m dragon/dracomalfoy, i hope they are still tutoring ppl)

skipped in round 70+67

Ojama agreed to tutor me!

Username:AbsoluteMonarch2k50
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:AbsoluteMonarch
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:(GMT-6) 12pm-6pm
What tier do you want to learn?:Standard OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hello i have been playing competitive pokemon for awhile about 3 years and i haven't improved at all i would really appreciate it to learn from you tutors
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes i would

Username:lokt
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:lokt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:gmt-8, 6-8pm weekdays, 12-8pm weekends
What tier do you want to learn?:DPP OU, if that's not available bw2ou
Tell us a little about yourself: I had started learning dpp ou a few rounds ago with my tutor, and I would like to continued to be tutored in the tier. I still need to learn alot about the metagame and the teambuilding in general.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:yes
In my last round, my tutor only responded to my first pm/vm and then didn't respond after I told him how I could contact him. So I didn't really get tutored at anything.

Username: MultX
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Mult, MultX
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+4, 7:00PM-1:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: Adv OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am long-time pokemon competitive player, but last time I took a long hiatus from the game. I want to participate in this, I believe, fantastic program to find out what I'm missing and how to fill this. OU and Ubers are the tiers I love. BTW, I am also fond of Pokemon TCG and I am russian.
Reason to be tutored (under 25 posts): I have so low post count because I don't feel myself to make good-quality contributions to Smogon, but hope after this program I will think better in the game.

Username: niku
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: niniku
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Weekdays - 4:00-10:00pm EST | Weekends - All day
Tell us a little about yourself: I enjoy using underrated Pokemon, usually in lower tiers. I'm not one to bash on tiers and instead I try my best to make things I like successful. I'm not very good but I know the difference between what could work and what wouldn't. (Like not using a Beedrill, full team of UUs / NUs, etc) I've seen RMT threads like "Weird Fish" and "Twister", both with some interesting ideas. I've always wanted to make a team with something that sets it apart from the rest. But I know I can't do it by myself. If it matters, (which it probably doesn't) the highest I've been on Pokemon Showdown is around 1950 in OU.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

Reason for under 25 posts: I realize that I'm a very, very unlikely person to be picked. To be honest, I've browsed this site since 2009-2010 but never made an account because I felt that I had nothing to contribute. There are tons of people better than me and it doesn't help that I often try out things people would never give a chance. I thought this would be a good place to start so I might as well post an application. It's a lot better than never even trying.

Thanks for your time.

Username: ProfessorToxic
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: ProfessorToxic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -8:00 GMT/PST. I'm usually avaiable Monday-Friday 6:00 PM - 10:PM and nearly all day on Saturday and Sunday.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a very friendly and happy member. I've been into Pokemon ever since my young years. I got into competitive battling a few years ago but was lacking skill and the ability to build a good solid team. Outside of the internet I like to hang out with my friends and also enjoy playing Basketball and Soccer. I'm always a good sport when it comes to battling and enjoy good and close battles. I want to become much better than I am now and be able to be a contender in Smogon tournaments.

I was skipped in Round 69

Reason for less than 25 posts: I feel as I have nothing to contribute to the site because I have very little knowledge is team building and battling in general. I believe if I become a better battler than I am now, I will able to provide my insight of things and be able to post more.

Username: jmorris
Pokemon Showdown Username: jmorris

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT + 13 I'm on holiday so any time works for me. Beggars can't be choosers.

What tier do you want to learn?: I'm really interested in BW2 NU and RU as I've had some decent success there and somewhat understand the metas. BW2 UU or LC would be fine too.

Tell us a little about yourself: I've loved Pokemon since I got Blue for my 5th or 6th birthday. In the four or so months I've been a member here my knowledge of the metagames has really grown and I'd love to be able to further my knowledge so that I can confidently pass on what I've learned to others. The other reason that I signed up here is that I love to talk Pokemon and what better way to do that then by being taught about it at the same time. I can teambuild to some degree but like everything else I'd love to improve it.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.

I was skipped in round 69 and my round 70 tutor made no effort to contact me over the course of the month, so nothing happened there either.

Username:Darknesscrusher
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Pokémon Showdown: Darknesscrusher
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT+1, most of the day, but mostly the end of days and the whole day in weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?:UU or Ubers, but I just started in Ubers. I don't really mind wich one.
Tell us a little about yourself: I like Pokémon, and all that's around it. I'm kinda new to the whole competitive schene and I want to learn new things about all that. Videogames are my hobby, and I like doing roleplays, although I'm not really doing one now. I also do field hockey, and I come from the Netherlands. I also do a pokémon Pearl scramble.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure.

I was skipped in round 70

Username: Gerhard

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown: Gerhard

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1 until march 31st, +2 onwards. I'm available between 11 pm and 1 am, so I can have tutors on other timezones

Tell us a little about yourself: I grew playing Pokémon and old habits die hard. I'm a quite ok player, as I am able to detect the majority of mistakes I make afterwards, but I really need to improve team building. I'm studying abroad in Germany, so I don't have as much time as I want to learn Pokémon by trial and error, so these kinds of programs are the things I'm looking for.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely.

Why less than 25 posts?: I just recently found about the battle 101 program and signed to Smogon to participate on it, to learn from the best guys.

Username: chaosakita
Shoddy Username: fishspeakers
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 9:00 PM - 12:00 AM GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: This is a weird request, but I'm really wanting to learn BW2 Random Battles. Barring that BW2 UU or BW2 OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been in and out of the competitive Pokemon scene for about a decade, but I've never been very good. I hope by getting a tutor I hope I can apply the knowledge I've learned into results (ie, winning). Recently, I've only played Random Battles, but I'd like to go into a constructed format if that's not an available option here. I'm currently a freshman in a college in the South, and I'm planning on going into Economics.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: FireMage
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username FireMage/Bland/Limited
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - Fairly accommodating of all timezones.
What tier do you want to learn?: (Preference order) BW(2) UU/RU/OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I look forward to improving my game, whether it's in a new tier or improving team-building in a tier I've played previously. I'm a fairly laid back guy with a myriad of different interests.

I was Skipped Last Round
Requesting Bloo
Blarajan has agreed to tutor me (RU) If I don't get a Tutor for ou/uu

Mr. Uncompetitive

What makes us human?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Username: ThisMysteriousGuy
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Mr. Uncompetitive
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Fridays 4:30 PM - 9:00 PM. All day Saturday. (EST)
What tier do you want to learn? (order of preference): DPP Ubers / DPP OU / ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Your typical video game/anime nerd. I'm okay at most of the BW2 tiers and relatively decent at BW2 Ubers. I've been wanting to get into the past metas for a while, so I figured the best way to do it would be by expanding the knowledge I already have of the Ubers tier. Of course, if the metagame is something too obscure to be taught here, I wouldn't mind learning past gen OU.
EDIT: Oh and yes I wouldn't mind doing a tutee talk thread

Username: ThOnly1Lft
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: ThOnly1Lft
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST noon-10PM
What tier do you want to learn?: B2W2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've played pokemon my whole life and have been wanting to get into the competitive scene for a while. I have a wife and son that demand my attention but other than that I'm free all the time.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors? sure.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Username: Level 51
Age: 14.73972602739726027397260273972602... (as of day of post)
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Level 51
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8, 5~7pm. From 19-22 March I'll be free probably 10 to 10 ^_^
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a pretty average Singaporean high-school equivalent student. Being a dabbler, I'd like to become (at least somewhat) experienced with all the tiers, and I've covered most of the ground except for OU, Ubers, and LC. Hence this application which you are reading now.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely.

Skipped over in Rounds 67, 68, missed Round 69, had my tutor reassigned before the first lesson in Round 70 due to weird timezone thing :(

Username: sickweare
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: weighty/w8er
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5; Daily 10:30 - 11:30 AM and 6:30 - 10 PM, Weekends usually all day.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU/RU/NU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I've been playing competetively for a little bit but I never was all that good and I was hoping someone could help me do a better job of battling. I've played Pokemon since I was 5 and every year I tell myself I'm too old for Pokemon, but I still play anyway xD Anyways, I hope someone would be willing to help me out!
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yeah no problem

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Username:Raiza/Mothisma
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Raiza
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT +1,I'm available every day in the evening
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm from Italy,My name is Giovanni.I play mostly BW2 OU but I game decently DPPt OU.I play since March 2011 at the beginning of BW1.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes

Reason for less than 25 posts:Because I started a few days ago to frequent Smogon and
and as soon as I heard about the 101 I subscribed to it.

Extra: I'd like to have Hellpowna as tutor,Hellpowna agrees to tutor me.

Username: TheTsBasic
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Black Flags
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 (Rome) I'm on From 3 p.m to 9 p.m (GMT +1)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a competitive pokemon player since a few years ago and now I'm one of the leaders of the italian Team Sky. A reason because you should tutor me? Because I want to improve significantly my battling skills to become a stronger player. I do not usually do a lot of posts, but I read about every topic that gains my attention.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I think yes

Extra: I'd like to have Hellpowna as tutor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)