Chris Benoit found dead with family

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
holy fucking shit. that's um...psychopathic. as heartless as this sounds, i rather have it him kill his family rather than another serial killer, who would still be on the loose btw.

p.s. at the wwe hall of fame last year, lol i know, fake wrestling has a hall of fame, chris talked for eddie..who talks for chris now?
After watching the Raw last night, I'd say Chavo. He seemed to be very close with Benoit as well.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
yeah. those 3 were very, very tight.

and i hate when people who commit suicide decide they can't do it on their own and have to take someone with them. I really hope Benoit isn't a suicide. That would be very disappointing if it was.

I don't understand wrestling anymore, didn't Mr.McMahon give his condolences yesterday even though he "died?" Wondered what cause Benoit to commit double murder suicide.

Damn dude, I never thought Benoit out of all people would kill his own wife and kid and then himself. That's fucking crazy..... I don't think anyone with a right mind would do this. I think it's probably due to steroids because even if he was stressed, I doubt he'd kill his own familiy. I'm 99% sure it was due to steroid use...or he could of been psycho.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
holy shit. he really didn't seem like a dude who would go and do something like this. this sucks though ; i liked benoit.

Ugh, this sucks greatly. I always thought Benoit was a quality wrestler.

RIP, man.

PS: I haven't watched wrestling in about five years and missed the whole Vince thing... but surely even WWE has limits; there's no way they'd fake this. :/

It really pisses me off that it ended up being the worst case scenario pretty much. I wasn't a huge Benoit fan, infact I probably disliked him since he really has absolutely no personality, but he was great to watch in the ring. Yeah wrestling is fake, but they do really get hurt on occasion and its not easy by any stretch of the mind. I wonder what all of those wrestlers that said how great of a guy he was and how much he loved his kid (that from the sounds of it smothered with a pillow in his sleep) feel now and what they think? Take back what they said maybe? It's a shame that he would have been in the fall of fame for SURE, but if they do put him in there I will be the first to make some sort of petition.

I heard the news earlier today and it left me shaken. As a pro-wrestling fan, losing a great wrestler before their time is hard to take, but after hearing what he did and how he did it, I can't even bring myself to grieve his death. Nothing justifies what he did and I don't think I'll ever be able to look back at his career without remembering how it ended. It's a shame, I was a huge fan of his.

Quoted from another forum:

I love how some people are getting on their high horse about this without knowing the full truth. All people are seeing is "he killed his wife and son, ergo, he should burn in hell" which is christian-like in it's jumping to conclusions about his state of mind at the time. All we know are the fact that, for some horrific reason, he bound his wife before strangling her with a cord, and smothered his 7-year-old son with a bag.

Look at the big picture: he's lost many of his closest friends (Owen Hart, Eddie Guerrero, and his trainer Stu Hart). He's taken many bumps to the head, which are known to cause depression and suicidal tendencies (as seen with Mike Awesome). In 20 years of wrestling there has never been any indication of a temper or difficulty with depression, apart from in the past few years. They found needle marks on his son, and there is speculation that he could've had Fragile X, which the family kept secret. Finally, there have been reports that a WWE superstar was on "suicide watch", so it seems logical that Benoit was suffering from it.

I defy most people shitting on him now to say that they could cope with repeated head trauma, the death of their dearest friends and a son with Fragile X and not run the risk of severe depression. I severely doubt that he was abusing Daniel, as such a high-profile figure could not have been abusing his kid for so long without anyone noticing, and if he was, then society utterly failed that child as much as Benoit and Nancy.

I can speak from experience too. My aunt and uncle lived next door to a couple for 40 years in a flat. They were very amiable and considerate, never making undue noise. I went round there, and had tea with them occasionally. Then one day the husband came home and hospitalised his wife through a hideously violent assault, who died as a result. It was revealed that an accident at work had caused the blood flow to his brain to slow, and he was beginning to suffer from Altzheimer's. We don't look back on him and think "wow, all this time he was a monster", because he wasn't. He suffered from a terrible affliction.

I do not believe in evil, I believe in sickness. Chris Benoit was a very sick man, and has obviously experienced some terrible traumas in his life, both physical and psychological. Depression and head injury can drive people to terrible and unfathomable ends, and it SICKENS me for the public to continue to demonise such people as monsters, preferring to think "we could NEVER do that" when in actuality it is extremely possible that they could.

"Oh, but you're a Chris Benoit fan, your opinion is automatically invalid because of bias". I was indeed a Chris Benoit fan, and I will continue to admire his work, which has nothing to do with me "condoning" his sick act in any way. Caravaggio was a murderer, and we don't burn his paintings. We don't burn Jack London books or Wagner LPs because they were gigantic racists. We don't destroy all copies of "The Naked Gun" because OJ Simpson killed his wife.

I pity Chris Benoit, and I mourn the senseless loss of Nancy and Daniel.

I think that is a great post and you should all read that before you go and judge him.

Edit: R.I.P

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
It's a great post, yeah, but I personally think that nobody has any right to pass judgment on this situation, whether it be positive or negative, until the blood tests and autopsies are finished. We, the laymen, have no right to jump to conclusions yet.

Personally, I could never forgive someone for killing their kid and wife, even if they were "sick". Then again it's all speculation right now but going by what the current status is I wouldn't feel bad for Benoit at all.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I think some people may be interested to hear this:

http://rajah.com/base/node/8380

ABC News and CNN are reporting that they talked with District Attourney Scott Ballard, and he said that the investigators believe Chris Benoit killed his seven-year-old son, Daniel, with a wrestling choke hold.
Daniel was found face down on his bed, but authorities said they do not know whether he was sleeping when he was killed. Ballard said authorities believe the child was asphyxiated using a choke hold. The DA didn't offer anymore details.
Surely, it wasn't the...Crippler Crossface? That's just too staggering for words. The fact that he was found lying face down would suggest it may have been. I guess we'll have to wait till the autopsy to see if it reveals damage to the shoulder as well.

As for now, I reserve judgement...solely because I don't want to believe it.

I agree that it was a good post, Balou, but regardless of his state of mind, I'm unable to look upon him any differently to any other murderer. Whether it was through rage-filled intent or delusional madness, the act was unforgivable. The best I can hope is that I’ll be able to look back at his career and remember him for what was, rather than what he ended as.

As far as the chokehold is concerned, I hope it's just a wrong conclusion. Not only is it creepily symbolic, but the negative backlash it would have on pro-wrestling is undeserved.

I personally think thats one of the dumbest posts I've read in quite a while
..because he disagrees with you?

Ah, it would be so much easier if we could just get into Benoit's head and read his thoughts and stuff, but because we can't, god only knows why he did it.
But I believe he didn't do it just for fun, I think that a) he went mad or something or b) something had happened, something that we don't know about.

And even though he has lost my respect as a man, I still respect him as a wrestler. I don't really care if he's a murderer or if he was a terrorist or anything, it doesn't take away those evenings I spent watching him beating his opponents. He sure deserved his death for what he did in real life, but he still was a great wrestler and that's what I respect him for and what I'll be missing for sure.

No its not because he disagrees with me

Except for that one mention of a wrestling chokehold on that one site I haven't seen anything else of that nature. I think that relates pretty well to that post the dude made about sensationalism though.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but there is still some hope that he didn't do a murder - suicide. There was an article about Wikipedia's page being edited about Chris Benoit's death 13 hours before the police claimed that he and his family died. I'll edit this post if I can find the link again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)