Apprentice Program: Round Seventy Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Crashman
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: OkamiShuffle
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:20PM - 1:00AM (Weekdays), 1:00PM - 4:00 AM (Weekends) (GMT + 1)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an 18 year old College Student, coming close to the end of my final year there. I have been playing Pokémon since 2005 and I started playing competetively at the start of the D/P metagame. Back in 4th Gen, I would say I was a pretty good battler. I was in the 1700-1800 points range at the end of 4th Gen UU, and in a similar range in 4th Gen OU.

When 5th Gen came out, I didn't have the time to continue battling, and IO had to drop it for a year or two. As a result, when I came back into the battling scene, I was completely thrown off by how much had changed since the 4th Gen metagame that I was so accustomed to. My typical strategies for building teams were no longer working, and I'm not sure what needs to be put into a team for it to be good nowadays, and as a result, I have been having a lot of trouble getting back into the game. I would really like to get back into competetive Pokémon, since I had a lot of fun with it in 4th gen, and I'm really hoping that I will be able to regain my understanding of competetive play before I have to ajust to even more changes with X and Y coming out.
Will you be willing to do tutee threads on your tutors?: Yes

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
Username: 725roy
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: 725roy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 Generally Weekdays between 6-9 and weekends 10-5
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a freshman in high school who wants to get better at BW2 OU. Just cause.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Most definitely.

I was Skipped in Round 70 and my tutor didn't tutor me in round 71

Username: knowmenot
Pokemon Showdown: NoNameNown
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 8:00pm - 2:00am weekdays; subject to change depending on work schedule. Weekends are better.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm currently in my 2nd to last year of college studying pharmacy. My final year is all rotations and my first one starts in the middle of this month which is why my availability may be subject to change. I enjoy watching anime/reading manga, reading, writing and playing video games.

I was introduced to competitive battling through NetBattle back in gen 3 from a friend. However, I didn't start playing competitively until gen IV post-Platinum and only played OU. I played BW2 (the game) a few months back and want to experience the competitive scene in gen V before VI starts.
Why I should be tutored(25 posts): I've been a long-time lurker back in gen IV when I started playing competitively. I was mainly playing for fun and to see how it was which is why I never created an account nor posted. But now I want to get better. I'm a decent battler in OU but prediction has always been my weak point. My friend helps me with OU and UU since he plays both. I've gotten really interested in ubers though, and want to get good at it but no one I know plays ubers.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors? Sure

Username: abbie
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: abbie_
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 (EST), usually after 4 PM until the wee hours of the morning >>
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a nerd, I like fire, I've been playing competitively for a year or two and I'm striving to get better. I'm a writer, but I'm also a battler. I spend a lot of my time (too much) watching competitive battles on youtube and the PO server. I want to get better at team building most of all.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure thing.

Why less than 25 posts? I'm new to smogon (usually lurk around PO), created an account specifically for the apprentice program. I'm a good listener, an avid learner, and am ready to fight for the cause!

Username: TheSuperSaiyanBreloom
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:TCBB
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Weekdays most likely or maybe the weekends if i'm lucky. 2:30AM-9:00PM Usa, Pacific
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W 2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a guy who's terrible at battling and would like to be a good player.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes

Username:speed ghilliesniper
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: speedg, mud machine, few other alts but those are my main 2
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST/GMT-4 available 5-10 weekdays Saturdays are hit or miss and noon-12 Sundays
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 RU 1st
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm probably a bit different than most users, I'm 18, live in Florida and in my spare time like to work on trucks, fish, hunt, and chill with my friends. I'm about 2 weeks away from graduating High School and a month and a half away from starting summer semester at college. The main thing I'd like to do is build a Hail team in the new meta as that's one archetype I'v never been able to really get a grip on, although I could use improvement on my other teams so any style would be fine.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:I would be more than happy to.

I was ignored by my tutor last round.

Username: Kodikan
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Kodikan
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6, usually available from 5pm till 8pm (weekdays) and 3pm till 9pm (weekends)
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing Pokemon since I can remember. I enjoy the main storyline and I've gotten into competitive battles but I'm not so good at them. I want a tutor in hope that I may better myself.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes I would be willing to.

I don't have more than 25 posts because I'm not really that great at competitive battle, so I'm afraid to post something wrong. I hope that a tutor can help me better myself in order to contribute more to the community.

Username: Shiruba
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Shiruba
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Mountain Time/GMT-6 (going through DST): between 4:30 and 11 on weekdays, most of the day on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: My reasons for being here are twofold. First, about four years ago, I was challenged by my friend to a Pokemon battle. Fair enough. I beat his lead Infernape with my Empoleon, and then he sent out his Garchomp.
Long story short: 5 - 0.
Not only that, but this battle was watched by a few morons, and when I lost, they bullied me about it for a long time. It was unbelievably embarrassing, and I never really got over it.

The other reason is that... My best friend (different person) and I used to be really close. But then... He started spending more time with his girlfriend and with his various duties. As such, I rarely see him now, and... I miss him. However, when I do get to be with him, we tend to partake in one of the things that brought us together in the first place - Pokemon battles. I'm more experienced than him, and know much more about the game, but at the same time, I feel like I'm not a good one to learn from, as I'm no master. I'd like to learn more about my favourite metagame (Ubers) so I can really teach him and maximize the benefit of our time together, no matter how short. Therefore, I have emotional investment in this on both ends. I will not waste your time.

Also, I'm Canadian and speak some French. As such, if my tutor would find it easier to explain in French, I will likely be able to understand.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, definitely.

Username: Lunatic Lies
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Contrail
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, after 4 PM weekdays, pretty much all times on weekends. School ends for me May 24th
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 LC
Tell us a little about yourself: Enjoy music, soccer, and basketball. Been playing competitively for almost a year now. I started playing LC a lot about a month ago, and have developed a real love for the tier. I just want to improve in the tier and get some more help in battling.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

Username: Ashley11
Pokemon Showdown Username: Ashley11
Your TimeZone/Usual Hours of Activity: GMT-4 I am usually on during weekends and am on from around 6-9 on weekdays
What Tier Do You Want To Learn? BW2 OU
Tell Us a Little Bit About Yourself: I am a 19 year old female that enjoys playing soccer, and basketball. I play the piano, flute, and violin as well, and sing. I started playing pokemon competitively last year, and I am pretty good at NU and LC. I also play RU and UU as well, but not as much. I have never really tried making an honest effort at OU, so I think now is the time to try it!
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors? Of Course

I need a tutor!

Username: iBeN4te
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Pokemon Online: iBeN4te
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central Standard Time, Usually after around 4:00
What tier do you want to learn?: Any
Tell us a little about yourself: I want to get back into the Pokemon scene competitively loved it as a kid casually and really looking forward to playing more.

I have less than 25 posts because I want to get back into the Pokemon scene. I had just found this site today and decided to start up. I will eventually post more as I begin to be tutored, but as of now I don't have many ideas of where to start

If you want to tutor me you can call me on skype my username is nate_scobie.

Blizzard

@ NeverMeltIce
Username:pkblizzard
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown: pkblizzard
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT + 5.5, 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM or more
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU, BW2 OU (in order of preference)
Tell us a little about yourself: I like to sketch, listen to good music, read comics, play football. I started competitive battling a year ago and i still don't find myself doing very well. i now wish to take my Battling skills to the next level with help from you guys!

I'm on IRC almost everyday at the given time, so that will make it easy for me and the tutor to communicate.

Molk has kindly agreed to tutor me.

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: ShellShocker
PO / PS! / Shoddy username: ShellShocker (PS)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +11
* 5:30pm-9:30pm (During school)
* 12pm-9:30pm (Holidays / Weekends)
Tell us a little about yourself: Hey, I'm a fifteen-year-old guy that has been playing Pokemon since I was four years old and I've loved it ever since. I started playing on Showdown late last year and I'm interested in gaining more knowledge about the OU tier and expanding my play to a more competitive level. Apart from video games, I enjoy playing Soccer and love writing.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course!

I was skipped in round seventy-two.

Username: D4RR3N
Pokemon Showdown: D4RR3N
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8 5pm to 12 am on weekays, pretty much anytime on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I used to play pokemon a lot and was pretty good at it, but then due to my ban i didn't play it too much. Wanting to learn ADV because it's a tier a never really got good at and is interested at playing.

I talked to Danilo, he seemed cool to be taking me as his tutee. So yeah, requesting him if possible.

Username:lokt
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:lokt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:gmt-8, 6-8pm weekdays, 12-8pm weekends
What tier do you want to learn?:dpou
Tell us a little about yourself: I suck at playing dpou. I can't teambuild well, I'm not familiar with common threats, and I am unable to deal with the common explosion in the tier. I'm a stall player. I had no lessons with my past dppou tutor because he never replied to any of my messages.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:yes
I was skipped the last 2 rounds.

Username: AncientBone

Pokemon Online username: AncientBone (only an account i do not actually have the program)

Your time zone and hours of availability: GMT -5 (eastern time) and hours of availability weekdays 6 pm - 11 pm and weekends 5 Pm - 12 PM.

What tier do you want to learn?: RU BW wifi

About me: 16 years old and have followed pokemon sense the start but never played the games till recently. More interested in trick room teams as they seem fun to play with. Musically, i play the violin.

Wil li do tutee talks? Possibly. Depending on how busy I am.

WHY I HAVE LESS THAN 25 posts: JUST MADE THE ACCOUNT TONIGHT SO THAT I COULD HOPEFULLY GET A TUTOR AND LEARN COMPETITIVE POKEMON AND ONLINE BATTLES MORE. ALSO, I WOULD REALLY ENJOY LEARNING MORE ABOUT POKEMON IN GENERAL.

Username: sora13
What tier would you like to learn?: BW2 UU, BW2 RU (I really want to learn BW2 UU, If i can learn RU that'd be great but definitely not necessary)
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showodown/ Shoddy Username: MachUber
Your timezone and hours of avaibility: GMT -7 Usually free anytime after school (school ends around 1:45), except when i have cc classes(Tuesday and Thursday from 4:45 to 6). I am free the whole weekend as well except for Sunday morning.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an avid juggler and a senior getting ready to graduate. I've been playing Pokemon since R/S, started competetive around D/P. I really want to learn other tiers than OU!
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely!

I was skipped the last round.

Username: Gordth
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Gordth(PO)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 8:00 pm - 2:00 am GMT -4(most days)
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I haven't been a competitive player for long and I seriously need some major help. I enjoy doing a variety of things, from playing video games to flintknapping. Currently I'm a student, so my schedule might change a bit.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.

And since I need to post a small reason why I should be chosen, I really don't have a good reason, I just want to learn more about the competitive aspect of Pokemon, plus I'm a pretty cool guy. *flexes muscles*

Username: The Sarcastic Ralts
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: PokeFan13
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Central Time and whatever time your available, i got lots of free time.
What tier do you want to learn?:I don't know a lot about tiers, anyone whose part of the VGC.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'am 13 years old, i live in Missouri, and sadly i am the only kid in my town that plays pokemon, and i get teased for it, also, i enjoy classic movies and hiking.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Sure, what are those?

The reason i have less than 25 posts: I just recently found out about this site, and i found out about the tutor program, it looked pretty fun so i'am giving it the old collage try.

Username: gnoudv1
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: gnoudv1
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 (EST), 7:00pm - 6:00am every day.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a final year student of a science university. I like video games, mangas. I've played pokemon games for 5 years but i've just started with competitive battling. I'm only a novice in competitive battling.I have a dificult to create a team and predict in battle, and i want to learn from an experienced player.
Why I have less than 25 posts As I mentioned, I’m new to competitive battling, and I’m more comfortable lurking than posting something that doesn’t make any sense and most likely embarrassing myself. I can promise that once I learn enough, I should be able to post comments that actually contribute to the discussion topic at hand. In addition to, I've just sign-up to forum one day ago, My post will increase soon over time.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors? yes, of course

Username: TyranitarTerror
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: TyranitarTerror
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
Weekdays: Sporadically till 7 pm-1 am GMT-7 time
Weekend:Pretty much anytime
Tell us a little about yourself:I am an aspiring battler, but feel stuck in mediocrity and would like to improve my battling skills to get a couple more wins on my record. I also love BW2 OU, especially using teams of 1'st Gen to compete in the modern OU metagame.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure

Username
Box

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username
Bauxe. I main PS.

Your timezone and usual hours of availability
+8 GMT, 10pm to 1am on weekdays and 11am to 1am on weekends.

What tier do you want to learn?
BW2 OU or UU.

Tell us a little about yourself
I've been here since '10 and most of you know me as a post count whore back in the day. If it matters, I attend college in Singapore. I used to play ASB here but spend most of my time nowadays playing League of Legends and making stupid shit on Showdown like SubHarvest Leppa Tropius to troll because of post-DeoD ban depression. I want to either get into something new or have someone tutor me on the OU meta.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?
Sure.

Username: Geno
Pokemon Showdown Username: RotomPoison / dbzmariogeno YT
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 3-10pm weekdays 11am - 11pm weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU, BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I really want to try DPP OU, since I played about 5 battles in my whole life and honestly it seems fun. Ubers is listed only because it's my favorite tier right now, and i'm pretty good at it, though of course want to get better.

Username: Dietcoke101
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Dietcoke101
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST Usually from 4am-11pm. Best time for battling is 10pm-11pm
Teir wanted: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 15 year old guy. I'm in grade 11 in high school. I skipped a grade, so I guess I'm pretty smart. I really like Pokemon and have been playing since I was little. I was 5 when I got my first Pokemon game (Pokemon Yellow) and have played ever since, but competetively only about 1 year. I have a game from at least every generation. I really wanna learn BW2 OU, I have some experience in BW OU but none in BW2 OU. I was ok at BW OU, but not at all top-notch. I wanna step it up and maybe actually win a tournament for once. The main thing I need help with is teambuilding.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely

Kidogo has agreed to tutor me in BW2 OU!

Username: Nykro
Pokemon Showdown Username: Nikro
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST 5-11pm weekdays 7am - 5pm weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W(2) ou
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is John I have been playing Pokemon since I was little. My intersts includemusic, Pokemon, frisbee, and quiet time alone under this one tree. I got into competitive batteling 3 years ago and while I am good enough to obliteriate my friends in real life I fare only decently aginst other true compeditive players. I missed the last two sign ups because I do have a job at a hamburger joint. If there is a tutor that enjoys gimmick teams I would love to have them tutor me. Also I really perfer wifi but I can showdown if that is Perfered.
24 posts seem to be missing... Sorry as I only win about 1/4 of my battles smogon intimidates me a little but my one post is actually just in music. because i recently found out that forum exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)