Apprentice Program: Round Seventy Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Bad Luck Brian
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Supermann68
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, available most days
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, BW2 UU, BW2 Uber are my main choices, though any other tier is fine tbh
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 16 year old high school student that's been playing pokes since I was 5. I discovered the smogon forums a couple of days ago, mostly reading stuff such as articles and looking up helpful information such as sets on the analysis pages and this tutoring program. I'm interested on learning how the top smogon battlers do their stuff, and I think I will finally get good at this game :c. I have little experience with competitive pokes, so I could use some support from this place. My hobbies are hanging out with friends and listening to music.
25 posts: My lack of experience with competitive pokes is gonna hinder me from posting because otherwise I will sound like a complete dumbass.
I joined today, and I wont be able to get 25 posts in today, because I've got loads of real life stuff to do so I'l have to leave it at just this 1 post for now.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

Princess Bri agreed to tutor me

Name: Heath Arnold
Pokemon Online/Showdown/Shoddy Username: LegendOfRoika
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 Anytime Really
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU (Standard)
Tell us a little about yourself: Pokemon was practically my life when I was younger, and I have never stopped playing. Only recently have I gotten interested in competitive Pokemon, and thought it would be a neat thing to do, so yeah... here I am. I'm pretty easy to get along with and am eager to learn, so I don't think I'd be too difficult of a tutee to take on. That being said I do not know the first thing about competitive Pokemon so ill need to get the basics.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Certainly.
Why I should be tutored despite having less than 25 posts: My lack of posting is mainly due to the fact that I don't have much to contribute in the first place. I've only just came across competitive Pokemon and Smogon and a YouTube video i watched about competitive Pokemon mentioned this program, if that counts for anything, and really only made an account so I can sign up for Battle 101. I'm really hoping that, by being tutored, I'll be able to make some friends here and become a part of the community.

Username:DarthChocoboz
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Darthcocoboz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 12pm - 2am GMT
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 16 year old whos been playing pokemon since just after Mence was banned in DPPHGSS. I quit for the last year and a half because i couldn't play on wifi but i'm really enjoying showdown right now. I'm extremely sexy and i request a tutor who is also very sexy. I was also assigned a tutor once before however they never responded to my messages.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course

Username: zwab

Pokemon Showdown User: zwab

Timezone: GMT

Usually Online: I'm generally available any time of the day up till' 12:00 AM GMT, however I'd prefer to be tutored 8-10 PM GMT

What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU

Tell us a little about yourself: I've been a fan of pokémon since the first games, I enjoy playing video games competitively and taking my game to the next level, I play a bit of guitar but am not very good yet, I like listening to Nirvana, I'm a an English guy who's just finished college (UK college not US college), I'm here to become better at general team-building and being generally better at the game with an emphasis on NU, I'm hoping to improve my analysis abilities and expression so that I can contribute analysis and help analyse people's teams to improve them.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure, if I can give back to these guys for their time I'd be glad to.

Less than 25 posts explanation: Honestly, I've lurked Smogon over the years (see my join date) as my pokémon interest keeps coming and going every few months, I don't really post because I don't really feel I can contribute anything due to my poor analytical skills which also means I'm not very good at explaining why something works, I'm hoping part of this tutoring will help me become better at both of those things so I can both apply those skills to other tiers, and use them to analyse pokémon and their sets to contribute to Smogon, and analyse people's RMTs to help them out there.

Username: Ninja-Persian
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: PS: Ninja-Persian
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Preferably GMT -3 or EST, all day every day
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU or BW2 UU (preferably OU)
Tell us a little about yourself: Hello, my name is Bernardo and I am from Brazil. As any Brazilian, I am an avid football fan. I also speak English fluently. f I have been battling pokemon for three years now but with a hiatus during the past 6 months. Since I started playing again earlier this month, I have not been able to quite 'grasp' the state of the metagame, hence the fact I reach around 1600-1700 in PS but can't break the 1850 barrier. With this, I hope that this battling 101 round can help me understand the intricacies of the BW2 metagame so that I can improve my battling, in addition to also meeting new people and getting more involved in the community.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes and constantly

I think it is important to note that I will not be able to apply for the next battling 101 rounds this year due to School and College, so I would really appreciate if I could be placed in this round.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Username: Dr Ciel

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown Username: Dr Ciel (PO) Lady Samantha (PS)

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5. Available everyday after 12 PM on weekdays, very flexible weekends.

What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU

Tell us a little about yourself: Hello there, I'm a 23 year old nurse from the town of Venice Italy, I'm an avid fan of 80s Music, and follow the NFL and MLB.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yere

Username: Skamory7
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: PS is Skamory7 or Skarm
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (Eastern Time) and from 5:30-10:30
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a young person that was never good at OU. I'm pretty good at LC, but I'm making my return to OU soon and want to be better at it. I lie in two seperate houses, and one of them I can't battle at. I switch houses every Sunday, so one week I can battle and one week I can't.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely.

Try to give me a tutor with the same timezones please.

Username: crashandcortex
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: crashandcortex
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 0, pretty much any time between 9:00-21:00/
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU (though any metagame will be fine honestly)
Tell us a little about yourself: Just your average video game obsessed British nerd who's lurked Smogon for around 6 years but never fully "gotten" competitive Pokemon. Recently, I've really became interested in it though, and have attempted to get into BW UU, with little success. So now I have the opportunity to apply for the Apprentice programme, I figured "why not?", it'd be the perfect opportunity to potentially finally understand and be able to contribute towards competitive Pokemon!
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely, I always feel that the best device for a programme such as this is criticism and sharing opinions, it plays a vital role not merely to understanding and valuing a paired contribution, but in improving them too.
Less than 25 posts explanation: I suppose it's all just a case of wishing to actually make something of my constant lurking and potentially contribute towards the competitive battling scene. I've loved Pokemon since 1998 essentially, and have wanted to get into it competitively since 2007 but with minuscule success as you can tell. Being able to properly understand prediction, risk-reward and other concepts I've heard of but not fully comprehended or executed as well as I could are things I feel would benefit me in real terms in addition to within the mechanical field of Pokemon battles.

As a note, it'd likely be preferable to find a tutor with a GMT0 timezone, but I don't mind overtly what happens. Additionally, due to A Level exams as well as a holiday occurring over the next week, contact likely will be rather sporadic and not guaranteed in any way, although I'll certainly try to be as active as possible!

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Hulavuta
Pokemon Showdown Username: Hulavuta
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 10:30 AM - 12:00 AM on Weekdays. 10:30 AM to 5:30 PM on Saturdays and 2:00 PM to 12:00 AM on Sundays. At the moment, I am really busy finishing up school, but after the 5th I will be very free. I stay up very late so time zone isn't too much of an issue.
Tell us a little about yourself: Almost 17 years old Asian-American living in Florida. My hobbies (aside from playing children's games) are mostly writing, playing saxophone, watching movies/tv/anime and chatting online.
Although I am not really "new" to Smogon, I haven't done much to contribute to the community. I really want to though; I love Smogon, and Pokemon in general! I have recently gone through the Smogon Mentorship program so I suppose this is the next step to take. I really want to learn and I think that I have the proper attitude and respect when it comes to being taught, so I don't think you'll be disappointed!
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Ya

Trinitrotoluene has agreed to tutor me

Username: ReshiRampage
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:ReshiRampage
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT+1. I'm usually available any day between 5PM and 7PM
What tier do you want to learn?:BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 14 year-old guy from Sweden. I've played pokemon since gen 3 came out and started playing on Pokemon Showdown last year. I'm solid at OU now and I wanted to learn another tier adn I thought Ubers would be fun.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:No, I will go on vacation when the round is over.
Less than 25 posts: I mostly play on Pokemon Showdown and I almost never have anything intelligent to say so I don't post that much. I've done a few RMTs though. When I feel that I can contribute to a thread, I post. But this doesn't happen often though.

Username: King
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: jasonpwn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6, a lot since it's summer
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been a member for a while, and yeah.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure why not.

Blarajan has agreed to Tutor me

Username:Scotti
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Scotti
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Central Time Zone (GMT -5:00) availability:4:00-9:00 Everyday
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU or BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself:Well i like to read, play pokemon, play sports, workout, try new things, make RMT's, post alot,get better at anything i do.I hate the pokemon anime(used to like it before BW came out and some of DP).I am pretty good at the Uber Tier.I really want to make a Warstory, and make something that can really help the Smogon Community.I want to earn a badge on hear and become voiced on Pokemon Showdown.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors:Of course i love to do alot of things and this seems like it is good for smogon and my tutor.

Username: Houndoomsday
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Houndoomsday
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 6:00 PM-11:30 PM GMT-4, but as soon as school lets out (June 14th), I basically can do 9:00 AM- 11:30 PM GMT-4.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU is obviously a big tier I want to focus on, but ADV OU would also be neat. One of the things I really want to focus on is Team Building in general.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a decent battler at the BW2 OU casual level (think around 65% win rate on Showdown using borrowed teams from RMT), and especially given a potent team I can hold my own- however I have trouble constructing teams and picking up other tiers, both of which I feel could be solved with a focus on team building. However I easily can improve my battling skills.

On a more personal level I have always been a fan of pokemon- in the last year or so I have begun to dive into competitive battling but improved my activity around March when I signed up for Smogon. I also have been running local tournaments in my school (it's full of nerds!:happybrain:) and would like to be able to give better advice to many of the participants in those tournaments, which I don't really feel qualified to give. This is also why my participation in Competitive forums has been limited thus far- a lack of confidence in my knowledge of many common metagames.

Overall what I hope to get from tutoring is less focused on the micro level of battles (specific predictions and choices) though that would benefit me greatly. Instead I want a great macro sense of OU and other teams. This would aid me in discussion of metagame, as well as strong teambuilding.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Certainly!

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just wanted to thank everyone for the great turnout. As always, some of the time zones were hard to matchup, but we did the best that we could. If you are having issues meeting with your tutee, mention that in your tutee thread, and we'll give you priority next round.

You are required to make a tutee talk thread within one week, no matter if any lessons have taken place or not. You will be subbed out for another applicant if no thread is made.

Tutor - Tutee [Metagame]

Ace Emerald - Alibi [BW UU]
Annoyer - InsaneDragoniteHD [BW NU]
blarajan - Treecko [BW RU]
blarajan - King [BW RU]
Delko - ScoobyDoom [BW OU]
dragonuser - Dakar [BW OU]
EBeast - Axaj [BW NU]
Elevator Music - cxinlee [BW LC]
Funkasaurus - dashunicorn [ADV OU]
H-C - dbzmariogeno [DPP OU]
Harsha - Issues [BW OU]
Hot N Cold - blaaz [BW RU]
idiotfrommars - Box [BW OU]
JabbaTheGriffin - Houndoomsday [ADV OU
Jirachi - gnoudv1 [BW OU]
Lavos Spawn - Psylink [BW OU]
M Dragon - Metal Sonic [ADV OU]
Moet - Slowking12 [BW OU
Molk - Tetz23 [BW RU]
Ojama - Spyder [BW OU]
prem - ShadowJester66http://www.smogon.com/forums/member.php?u=190173
Princess Bri - nykro [BW OU]
Silvershadow234 - PK Freeze [BW RU]
Skynet - Audiosurfer [DPP OU]
syrim - Yomegami [BW Ubers]
TEzeon - Lunatic Lies [BW OU]
Trinitrotoluene - Ace Trainer [BW OU]
Trinitrotoluene - Hulavuta [BW OU]
Windsong - Keshaluv [BW OU]
yee - Ninja-Persian [BW OU]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)