Brawl Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The site was just updated with Bowser's Final Smash, which transforms him into Giga Bowser. Although I usually don't mind about character's FSes, I honestly wanted Bowser to use that Clown Copter from SMW for his Final Smash.

The site was just updated with Bowser's Final Smash, which transforms him into Giga Bowser. Although I usually don't mind about character's FSes, I honestly wanted Bowser to use that Clown Copter from SMW for his Final Smash.
same, but Giga Bowser works too lol.

Some information on the controls, interesting..

Standard Attack - generally speedy

Strong Attack - have a greater reach than standard attacks and presumably stronger

Smash Attack - Powerful and can be charged

The Wiimote only is looking interesting. I wonder how wavedashing and such will be handled.
Wavedashing might not even exist. It was reported a long time ago that the game was slower than Melee (probably to help the fact that it should include online play).

Wavedashing is there cuz air dodging is there, without the wavedash, the airdodge would be too glitchy, and wavedashing made the game even more popular, so they could have let that in the game.

Wavedashing is there cuz air dodging is there, without the wavedash, the airdodge would be too glitchy, and wavedashing made the game even more popular, so they could have let that in the game.
Wow, that sounds like such an expert opinion... How would you even know that the air dodge would be glitchy without wavedashing? Do you have exp with the game mechanics of Brawl?

Regardless I don't want to turn this into a wavedash debate; we'll see if it's in or not when Brawl comes out.

Wow, that sounds like such an expert opinion... How would you even know that the air dodge would be glitchy without wavedashing? Do you have exp with the game mechanics of Brawl?

Regardless I don't want to turn this into a wavedash debate; we'll see if it's in or not when Brawl comes out.
Sorry, just to explain: Nintendo said. Lolz

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

You don't need experience with the game mechanics of Brawl. You only need to understand physics. Wavedashing is the result of air dodging into the floor. An air dodge is like a rocket propelling you. When you airdodge diagonally down, it's like a rocket pushing you diagonally down. When you hit the ground, that force keeps going. The vertical force is transferred to horizontal force. You keep sliding due to that. The distance you travel depends on your characters traction and the friction of the ground. Some characters have more traction than others (compare say Peach to Luigi) while some areas have more friction than others (compare the UFO on Fourside to the buildings on Fourside).

Way to "fix" this? Allow air dodges to go through the ground. This would mean that you'd die every time you did an airdodge and were too close to the ground.

Edit: I might have gotten some of the physics a bit wrong. Forgot how exactly vectors add up and stuff. Someone correct me if so. I haven't taken a physics class in two years.

I'd love to see Spinni from Kirby's Squeak Squad get in. His chances number at about 0.5%, but I need a small and fast character. Kirby is awesome, my main man during Melee, but he falls to slowly and the only salvation for him was falling with his sword attack.

...atleast leave Ice Climbers in.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It was reported a long time ago that the game was slower than Melee (probably to help the fact that it should include online play).
When was slower game play confirmed?

Note: Technically, online play hasn't been confirmed either (Oops, spoilers).

It's also visible in the few videos we've gotten. There are more freeze frames when a character lands an attack now. Not as many as ssb had, but noticeably more than melee.

I don't think it really matters since it has customizable controls.
The smash attack update made me wonder if the customizable controls referred to full customization, or simply choosing your control scheme (Wii mote, GCN controller, etc). Of course, this could just be default, but it's hard to tell at this point.

I've also noticed the significant stun on attacks. TO be honest it does have me worried to an extent, but also, my fingers worked too slowly in melee, restricting my play to slower characters such as Doc, or Ganondorf. I'm wondering if I'll be able to finally use the fast, technical characters such as Fox (If he's still top tier.) However, all I want is some love for Kirby. What? No. SSB64 wasn't enough. I'd just like him to be at least mid tier, to have something other than Kirbycides. In my opinion multiple jumps and hte ability to copy Neutral B moves are not enough to justigy makiong a character slow, weak and light.

Sonuis

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bridge of Eldin

I haven't seen anything much of the like (viewing movies at 30 AND 60 fps here).

Also, flat stages make me sad :(

The smash attack update made me wonder if the customizable controls referred to full customization, or simply choosing your control scheme (Wii mote, GCN controller, etc). Of course, this could just be default, but it's hard to tell at this point.

I've also noticed the significant stun on attacks. TO be honest it does have me worried to an extent, but also, my fingers worked too slowly in melee, restricting my play to slower characters such as Doc, or Ganondorf. I'm wondering if I'll be able to finally use the fast, technical characters such as Fox (If he's still top tier.) However, all I want is some love for Kirby. What? No. SSB64 wasn't enough. I'd just like him to be at least mid tier, to have something other than Kirbycides. In my opinion multiple jumps and hte ability to copy Neutral B moves are not enough to justigy makiong a character slow, weak and light.
This time, names are extremely important. That’s because we’ve included personalized button configurations.

Sonuis

I really don't like the hold "Normal Attack" button to get your character to go crazy. It could cause some serious issues. Hope they include the feature to turn it off and make you manually tap your registered button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)