Get Butchered, My OU Team

Yo ,Suspect here again with my second rate my ou team
Ive had alot of success with this team i win most of my games but seem to sit around the 1750-1800 mark
ou 1800 80 1860 ± 43 78 48 1
oucurrent 1720 74 1771 ± 36 143 73 0
im looking to improve my game i believe i have 5/6 of my team members set in stone but im still not sure with kingdra any advice would be greatly appreciated

my team is pretty focused on setting up as much hazard support as i can then butchering teams with fast hard hitting attacks, if i can get at least 1 spikes and my stealth rock up its usually a pretty one sided game
i use heatran and skarmory as my walls/phazers
alakazam keldeo and latios are all special attackers but with secret sword and psyshock hitting the defensive side of a poke is huge

i really only loose games where a team has a spinner or hazard blocker then proceeds to simply out play or out switch me

so here is my team

Simply the best hazards setter out there, i run sandstorm on him as my anti rain/sun strat
i run def and hp so skarmory can tank hits or will either be knocked into sturdy so i can custap another entry hazard.
usually the first to die on my team as if he cant set up hazards then i have no use for him
ive tried running roost and brave bird but i find this set to be the most effective for my team

Big bird (Skarmory) @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 SAtk / 0 Atk
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Sandstorm

Ive run alakazam since day one and have never thought about changing him, he is my answer to scizor ferrothorn, keldeo, starmie, espeon and a whole load of other big threats
usually my second choice of a lead if i know skarmory will get taunted or if they have a spinner
possibly change energy ball to focus blast as tyranitar and heatran wall me pretty hard

Got Hazards? (Alakazam) (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Energy Ball

keldeo is god, the only real problems i have is jellicent which is 2hko by hp elec after hazards anyways
icy wind shuts down latios switch ins with the speed drop which is OHH SO good
Hp electric shuts down anything water which gives great coverage to whatever secret sword and surf dont hit

not OP (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]

ill let you in on a secret... its a wall
and a great one with all the hazards usually set up roar is great
its hard at times not running earth power to deal with other heatrans but toxi/protect does its job
has great synergy with skarmory as they block each others weaknesses pretty well
walls the shit out of scizor volcarana and venasaur
20 speed is run to out speed most scizors super power

Not a Wall (Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 232 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef / 20 Spd
Serious Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Toxic
- Roar

im happy to get rid of ice beam
ive used surf tbolt hp fire earthquake ( yes i know EQ what a nub but its surprisingly effective )
and im still at a loss on what to use on that spot
scarf latios out speeds all dragons for a 1hko and beats most venasaur in the sun
trick cripples things like chansey/umbreon or anyone i just wanna piss off
an absolute monster of a poke
OutRag3 (Latios) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Trick

now kingdra is either great or mediocre
nothing is better than when your opponent leads with politoad but other than that its hard to use and hard to set up
ive used about every poke in OU and some UU in this spot and im still undecided on what my team needs
without kingdra im thinking maybe either mamoswine because my team lacks ice and eq
or maybe a jolteon for volt switch and hp ice
i really dont know

painful poke (Kingdra) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Dragon Dance
i can even keep kingdra and change the ev spread
any help would be appreciated i want to get better
feel free to steal the team and have a play with it
the highest ive hit is 1860 :)
keen for 1900 :D

Hey, cool team.

Your team has a really though time getting past Celebi, as well as the increasingly common FerroCent combo and Jirachi. Keldeo lacks Hidden Power [Bug], the best Heatran can do is Toxic it and Latios lacks the power to do any significant damage as well. Heatran's set is way too defensive for a HO team as well so im going to suggest changing Heatran's set to a more offensive one. A set of 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef, Timid , Leftovers with the moves Fire Blast / Earth Power / Hidden Power [Ice] / Toxic will do your team good in my opinion. The combination of Fire Blast + Toxic will let you either take out Ferrothorn or badly poison Jellicent, while Fire Blast also deals with Celebi and Jirachi. In rain Fire Blast will still do little damage (39-46%) to Sp Def Celebi. To solve this you can change the 4th moveslot of Keldeo so it becomes a Celebi lure. Changing Hidden Power [Electric] to Hidden Power [Bug] will give you means to get past Celebi in rain. Hidden Power [Electric] only does significant damage vs Gyarados which gets KO'd by Stealth Rocks + Draco Meteor.

Now i'd like to fix some smaller problems.
Your whole skarmory set is wrong. You're running a hyper offense team with a hyper offense strategy. What Skarmory does is lead turn 1, get Stealth Rocks and / or Spikes up and sometimes Taunt the opponent preventing it from laying down hazards or Taunting your Skarmory and sometimes get some damage off with Brave Bird. Logically this set goes paired with a 252 Atk / 252 Spe EV spread. You dont want to run any bulk since Skarmory's HP should be in Custap Berry range after 1 hit. So try the above set on Skarmory. Now, for Latios, Ice Beam is useless on any set and especially on a scarfed set since it fails to do more than half to Celebi, which is the only significant thing you'll hit with it. I suggest you run Surf in that 4th slot. Surf still OHKO's Landorus-T after Stealth Rocks while you can now also do some damage against Jirachi (not very much but it's something) as well as 2hko weakened Tyranitar without having to be afraid of a scarf set. Now for Kindra. I really don't get why you run Careful nature. I suppose it's a mistake. The set you should run with the moves you chose is an Adamant nature with an EV spread of 152 HP / 96 Atk / 32 SpD / 228 Spe. This allows you to outspeed everything in OU (without a scarf) at +1 and and most scarf users (up to Latios) at +2.

Hope I helped. Good luck.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi susspect

This is a pretty solid offensive team that mixes in some cool weapons. I do have some suggestions however. On Skarmory, I suggest going with the Offensive Lead set. This Skarmory has a moveset of Taunt / Brave Bird / Stealth Rock / Spikes, an EV spread of 252 Atk / 252 Spe with a Jolly nature and a Custap Berry. The purpose of this Skarmory is to lead off and get off as many hazards as possible and then get out of the way while using Taunt to prevent your opponent from setting up. The quick hazards really benefit your offensive team.

To help with your Celebi weakness, I suggest changing Alakazam's moveset to Psyshock / Signal Beam / Focus Blast / Hidden Power Fire. Signal Beam is a solid replacement for Shadow Ball as it hits Celebi a lot harder and still gets the super effective hits on things like Lati@s and Reuniclus. By taking out Celebi with a surprise Signal Beam from Alakazam, it really can open up your opponent and allow Keldeo to go on a roll.

On Latios, I agree with using Surf over Ice Beam. Surf provides you with the best coverage, mainly allowing you to hit Heatran and is your best option usually against Tyranitar.

Lastly, I'm gonna suggest changing Kingdra to a Dragon Dance Dragonite. Kingdra is cool if your opponent is bringing a Rain team, but he still has trouble getting past Ferrothorn which is all too common on Rain teams. Dragonite gives you a form of priority in Extremespeed and can hit much harder which makes him a sweeper with better utility.

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Extremespeed
- Outrage
- Fire Punch

yeah i will definatly change ice beam on latios
it was just something i was experimenting with
same with kingdra
i know both need changing

eranu ill give your skarmory and heatran a go
the reason i run roar and whirlwind is to get rid of anyone setting up and it racks up the residual damage and roars out any threats switching in
but im here for help so ill most definatly give it a solid go
despite being a tad skeptical cause i love my dual phazers :P

nova... thats a much better set for alakazam
will most definatly be running signal beam from now on
and ill give dragonite a crack

thank you very much for the advice/help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)