Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honedge showed as male is kind of weird. It is an inorganic steel sword, it should be genderless like Magnemite or Klink IMO. I hope it will get some good egg moves.
It's not the sword itself that has a gender, but the ghost who has possessed it. Most other Ghost-types have genders as well, with only a few exceptions like Rotom anad Giratina.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
It's possible that they work similar to Psyshock and Psystrike; dealing, say, Poison damage but given the user Water STAB.
As I've stated a few times earlier, the most likely way they'll implement dual-type moves (if at all, it' still just a rumour at this point), is multi-hit-moves where the different hits of the move are of different types. As an example, a Water/Electric move where the foe first is sprayed with water (doing Water damage), then shocked (doing Electric damage). If the foe is immune to Electric, only the first move would hit. If immune to Water, only the second would hit. Basically, two weak moves fired after another in the same turn.

It's not the sword itself that has a gender, but the ghost who has possessed it. Most other Ghost-types have genders as well, with only a few exceptions like Rotom anad Giratina.
Wouldn't make sense if a posessed piece of metal gives birth to another posessed piece of metal, though.

On the topic of Froakie gaining Flying-type upon evolution, anybody ever heard of water-leaper? It's a flying frog in Welsh myth. Just look up google images.

Wouldn't make sense if a posessed piece of metal gives birth to another posessed piece of metal, though.
In fairness, possession doesn't make sense to begin with. There aren't any established rules or mechanics. Perhaps the ghost itself can replicate & divide asexually and the resulting ghost possesses the new sword. I have a feeling the gender will be of importance, as egg moves are a big deal to me.

...water corrodes rocks in real life, like erosion...
I should had been specific enough earlier to elaborate: Rock-type attacks = not very effective VS Water-types, with the aforementioned reason.

Should Honedge not get Levitate as its 2nd Ability, Heatproof is acceptable. Besides, Japanese ghosts have some sort of mythological affinity with Will-O-Wisps, no?

I should had been specific enough earlier to elaborate: Rock-type attacks = not very effective VS Water-types, with the aforementioned reason.
Rock attacks do normal damage to Water-types. Are you saying that they should be not very effective on Water-types? Flavorwise, I definitely agree that they should be not very effective on Water Pokemon.

Rock attacks do normal damage to Water-types. Are you saying that they should be not very effective on Water-types? Flavorwise, I definitely agree that they should be not very effective on Water Pokemon.
Let's stop discussing this before mods get angry - it's more wishful than actual X and Y discussion.

Didn't we have a second ability for Honedge confirmed already? Or am I thinking of a different Pokemon?

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
So fishing is returning. Do you think something like Generation I's "The hooked [Pokemon] attacked!" will replace "A wild [Pokemon] appeared!" for fishing encounters? After all, for legendary battles, the line is replaced with "[Pokemon] appeared!", so it is entirely possible.

It only says "Wild Octillery appeared!" on the Poke Smash video.
(The one Pokebeach linked to, at 1:55 minute)

Guys after the last set of rumor discussion was deleted, that should be a hint not to discucss these

As of now the only rumors with validation to them are the Pokebeach source rumors, Hiro, and the pokeexperto/trademarked names leak/rumors what i don't know

Don't Talk About These Rumors
"A three stage dolphin line with Water/Psychic typing"
I want to believe! I was just today thinking of Water/Psychic Pokemon. I almost forgot Slowbro/King existed.
And Starmie as well.

"Eevee receives a Poison-type evolution known as Toxeon"
This seems REALLY off to me, but it would make sense with how every group of Eeveelutions has one that is SE against the other. Electric > Water
Also Water (Vaporeon) itself beats Fire (Flareon).

Uhmmm that's why a baby Honedge would hatch out of an egg.
When you think about how all Pokémon have babies, it makes perfect Poké-sense
Duh.

So you could already tell that Fennekin could do some moderate hairbending with her ear tufts, but now she sneezes embers out of her ears? This is one step up from Tepig, somehow.
(Also Fennekin looks best in 3D JUS SAYIN)

In multi battles, each Pokémon gets their own personal battle platform. The platforms of allied Pokemon are connected by a small band of the same color of the outermost ring of the platform. I think it's kinda cute, like each Pokémon has their own world control.
They weren't very specific, but it looks like Oblivion Wing does not take two turns to fire off, and the "flying up high" part of the description is just for show.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Uhmmm that's why a baby Honedge would hatch out of an egg.
When you think about how all Pokémon have babies, it makes perfect Poké-sense
Duh.

So you could already tell that Fennekin could do some moderate hairbending with her ear tufts, but now she sneezes embers out of her ears?
I always thought the ear fluffs of foxes in anime look like fire... especially Espeon's.

Yveltal, sure, by 'giving birth' I meant 'reproducing in whatever way', which is awkward as Honedge is hardly organic at all, hence why Pokémon like Magnemite and Kliklang are genderless.

I always thought the ear fluffs of foxes in anime look like fire... especially Espeon's.
I always thought Espeon had high-set whiskers, or something, but the point I want to make is that I would find it funnier than Tepig sneezing a Flamethrower if Fennekin were exuding large amounts of fire from her ears.

Yveltal, sure, by 'giving birth' I meant 'reproducing in whatever way', which is awkward as Honedge is hardly organic at all, hence why Pokémon like Magnemite and Kliklang are genderless.
Geodudes are rocks, and they come with genders. I won't deny that it's goofy, but we've had similar stuff for a while now.

GF are a bit inconsistent when giving genders to non-legendary pokemon, although there seem to be some general patterns.

All genderless non-legendary Pokemon are in the mineral egg group (Beldum, Baltoy, Bronzor, Cryogonal, Voltorb, Golett, Klink, Lunastone, Solrock, Magnemite, and Porygon lines) with a few exceptions (Ditto, Starmie, Unknown, Rotom and Shedinja). But, in the mineral egg group you also have the Geodude and Roggenrola lines (and a few others) that do have gender even though they also are based on inanimate objects.

In the amorphous egg group you have most of the ghosts and many of them do have gender. To point out some of the inanimate Pokemon in this group we have Banette (possessed doll), Gastly (possessed gas) and Chandelure (possesed chandelier) which all have genders.

I guess this means Honedge will most likely be in the Amorphous egg group (as a ghost with gender). Although it wouldn't suprise me if it also is part of the mineral egg group, just like Yamask and Cofagrigus (both of which have genders btw).

Ghosts are allowed to have genders. A lot of media and folklore use gendered spirits, so if a dead lady possessed a sword and created an Honedge, it shouldn't be hard to picture it speaking with the woman's voice, were it capable of speech.

I would hazard a guess that Honedge will solely be in the mineral group. Thanks to the fact that it's mostly an object, unlike Yamask who's mostly ectoplasm, it looks more relatable to Klink and Bronzor.

Chespin frowns when froakie's cloud grows as if he is scared of the possible flying type! Probably doesn't help prove anything but it's kinda funny.

I honestly don't see how Froaki could end up being part Flying. Aside from the probably true Pokebeach rumors regarding the starters' type. Froth/bubble =/= cloud. Sure it's plausible, but I don't see it as the most likely type.

However, that collar/beard foam seems like it might either be reduced or increased upon evolution. I speculate there'd be foam around its wrists upon evolution ala Blaziken with fire.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Well it isn't the first time we've had a Pokemon with an inflatable flotation sack around their neck

With could-have-been budding wings and two tails perfect for Sonic logic, it seemed more Flying-type than Froakie but they took it in a pure-water direction.
I attribute bubbles and foam to water more than anything else so, while I see why you'd go with Flying-typing, I couldn't imagine it actually going that way.
Starters have always been pretty impossible to call. Who would have guessed Charmander would sprout wings, Torchic would grow into a Kung Foo chicken, or Tepig would become a bipedal sumo? The starters never tell anything of their evolutions aside from Gen 2's boring "bigger versions" for all 3 starters.

Should Honedge not get Levitate as its 2nd Ability, Heatproof is acceptable. Besides, Japanese ghosts have some sort of mythological affinity with Will-O-Wisps, no?
It's gonna get Light Metal, don't even kid yourself. The weightless Ghost in a small sword is going to get Light Metal. Rotom-Fan will be proud.
But on a more serious note, I would settle for Mummy with that creepy arm but I'd put money down on it getting Infiltrator instead. Cut right through those defenses. Unaware would be awesome but Game Freak would have to feel really generous and so far...well...
The Pokemon with No Guard shows off Aerial Ace as one of its first moves. This is shaping up fantastically for Honedge. He's got a shining RU UU career ahead of him. Assuming he gets a move with more than 60 Base Power and UU stays a fighting-type paradise (altho I can see current UU becoming Gen 6 RU).

Somehow, seeing Fennekin do that fire-dust thing and Chespin's needles sharpening up like that, I'm convinced that Fennekin will be Fire/Fairy and Chespin will be Grass/Steel. I know, WPM's source is probably right about the typing. Well, if I'm right, Fire/Fairy gains a good load of offenses (Assuming it does get Solarbeam).

Somehow, seeing Fennekin do that fire-dust thing and Chespin's needles sharpening up like that, I'm convinced that Fennekin will be Fire/Fairy and Chespin will be Grass/Steel. I know, WPM's source is probably right about the typing. Well, if I'm right, Fire/Fairy gains a good load of offenses (Assuming it does get Solarbeam).
Hmm, I didn't even notice the needles sharpening, I guess I was too engrossed in his facial expressions (which are adorable). I honestly thought he was just flexing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)