Mario Kart Mafia (NOC) END: VILLAGE WINS

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay guys, I’d like to begin this game with a foreword to all of you.

I’ve received (a lot) of negative feedback about the way in play in games, and I genuinely feel very dejected and discouraged by these rancid remarks. In fact, I felt very heartbroken when I saw this
Vonfielder said:
I really wouldn't mind if Metal Sonic left smogon too to be honest
… which is obviously attributed to my mafia play.

And then I see this…
woodchuck said:
jumping in to say fuck metal sonic and his #1 scumhunter bullshit
, it makes me feel so sad to know that my playstyle is unappreciated :(

All I am trying to do is to be a great scumhunter and lead the town to victory, is that so bad? I’ve hunted and nailed down 2/3 of all the scum immediately even at Day 3, which is rather early; is that so bad? All I’ve been doing is to help town win, it’s not entirely my fault when unfortunate circumstances happen; I’ve done the best I can.

I am very sad to hear this, so I tell you what; I’m quitting the role of #1 scumhunter. THAT’S RIGHT, NO MORE #1 SCUMHUNTER BULLSHIT.

I’m just going to be an ordinary townie; an ordinary civilian. I’m not taking a lead role anymore, I’m stepping down to “political pressure” and just going to be an ordinary town citizen and not be obnoxious or whatever.

I’m still going to hunt scum, don’t worry. But you all are going to have to find another #1 scumhunter to replace my spot, and worthy candidates are [Aura Guardian, Spiffy, Jalmont and Woodchuck]. Go find your #1 scumhunter this game.

With a new avatar, and a new forum, comes a new me.

I’m going to be extra lame and ordinary from this game onwards. See what you’re gonna do when I step down. Bah.

Ok Metal, I'll give you credit for attempting your strongest to help the town eliminating all mafia in the previous games, no matter how odd the method has been.
And I agree. You have done a good effort in the past, especially in the RNG mafia (only mentioned because it is the one I read for fun), even though the fact that it could be hard for the rest of the town to understand your true intensions.

Also, the fact that you mentioned this, made me think twice about Marquis. He could, like belived by some, be a BB, but he could just as easily be a member of the MC, who wants to get something done. Anyway, I hope you get treated better for what you have done in the future Metal. And sorry for calling you out as an example in my first post.

Now, let's do what we can, both as a team and as individuals, to eliminate these BBs.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Metal Sonic could also be a mafia buddy with Marquais and is trying to protect him by doing that. Marquais could have observed Metal Sonic trying to clean himself like that in other games and took after his example. Metal Sonic, by saying he will not act like that, makes Marquais look less scummy.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
Nobody can be a true "Metal Sonic" except me.

Marquis is just a wannabe

Celever stop trying to be funny I can see you're town because of the similarity of how you play in RNG mafia, but if you keep this up the scum are going to lynch you hard and fast.

Stop making baseless accusations. It's an easy ticket to a lynch.

Celever

i am town
o_k whatever that was pretty baseless actually.

I'll just be quiet now (o'_'o)

Oh, but a good feature of xenforo is the ability to watch threads. To keep up good activity I would say everyone watches this thread, I have.

Blackhawk11

one on one
On random voting: What else are you going to say that early in the game? Obviously I have no serious intentions of lynching Aura Guardian (yet).
On Metal Sonic: If he was mafia he probably would have gone and tried to do the same stupid crap from last game to try to fool us all. On the other hand, he could have assumed that we'd think that so instead is going with this mild-mannered alter-ego approach. Metal Sonic is probably a lot smarter than a lot of us think, so let's keep an eye on him.
On hawks/crows: Obviously, HonchKROW is not a hawk. So I guess I have both attributes heh.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
o_k whatever that was pretty baseless actually.

I'll just be quiet now (o'_'o)

Oh, but a good feature of xenforo is the ability to watch threads. To keep up good activity I would say everyone watches this thread, I have.
It's ok celever, don't need to be scared <3

Just, all I'm saying that the way you're acting now will make you a very easy target to get voted and lynched, most probably by the mafia :eek:

Keep posting, your intentions are good but execution is wrong!

Don't be discouraged~

Celever

i am town
ok, let's summarize the day so far:
Marquais votes Jalmont once... then twice.... but it only counts once anyway.
Marquais is clearly a troll.
Blackhawk holds grudges well.
Woodchuck didn't like Metal Sonic last game.
Spiffy and I got talking about things that he clearly knows more about than me.
I showed off my noobiness.
Metal Sonic has decided to play well and contain hearts in his posts.

Summary of this:
This is gonna be a looooooooooooooooooong day.

In general: Ok, my concentration is mostly frazzled, but I can probably say a fair bit of small stuff if I don't look at the thread wholistically.

@Marquis, post #13: Though I'm fairly sure you vote was a troll, I'm not RVSing because adding even more votes to the pool would be redundant - there has been enough to stir up conversation already.
@Celever, post #15: No, let them stealth early-game. It would give away many of them, and hand us an easy victory.
@Celever, post #20: Bad tactics early game because of RVS. (Redeemed with post #32, sort of, I guess...)
@Celever, posts #22, 25, and 27: Wait, how do you not know what RVS is after Twilight Princess/RNG NOC?
@Blackhawk11, post #33: Thank you.
Overall: Metal Sonic's behavior seems a little... off. I can get most of it, but my concentration's starting to come back, and a wholistic view just seems a bit... wrong.

As for Marquis, posts #6 and 8: Uh... I'm really tempted to vote him for that. Claiming Jalmont is a BB in his PM is either a brilliant play (not likely), or a downright horrible play (likely). ... Marquis, do you stand by that claim Jalmont is mafia, or was it a joke (asking because I want it on the record)? There is likely a follow-up to this.

FoS on: Marquis (most, because seriously, what?), Celever (acting a bit noobish in a little scummy way, then calling it out in post #32, which is, aside from the noobish thing, how I went through most of Twilight/RNG NOC), Metal Sonic (least, just seems a bit off)

Still not voting yet, though, but if I did, it would probably be for someone who hasn't posted much (my excuse is the game started near night for me).

not voting yet as enough pressure is being thrown around but ms seems to be acting weird. bringing outside stuff in and all that. not suspicious enough to warrant any votes but it just seems a little sketchy and ill be keeping an eye on him

marquis post seems like an excuse to stir up lynches, and again im not voting because i dont have a good enough reason but i am very close and any weird behavior will definitely warrant a vote from me.

barty made a solid post but i dont know what to think of him yet

celever seems to be really defensive about lynching people but that isnt a big deal this early. later on obviously it will become much more important. right now though its probably just 'rather safe that sorry' as we basically have nothing to work off of. also we could subscribe to threads on the old forum which was roughly the same thing but no alerts.

but yeah my FoS is basically Aura Guardian's at the moment (marquis, ms, celever in that order) but its too early to do anything too bold imo.

Celever

i am town
@Aura Guardian, I didn't really notice one in the RNG NOC but looking back I see it.

Anyway player list:
Player List
1. Celever
2. Solar Vapor
3. Metal Sonic
4. Spiffy
5. Houndoomsday
6. Jalmont
7. Woodchuck
8. barty the beetle
9. Aura Guardian
10. Blackhawk11
11. Marquis
12. FireMage

People on there who have not posted yet:
Player List
12. FireMage

FireMage is always very busy, but I know that he is british like me so it is around 5 PM at the time of this post. Now I am going travelling over to France now so I won't be able to post for like 7 hours or so, maybe longer but I will have access to a computer and where I am going is pretty laid back, so I can catch up easily (a.k.a do not sub me out ;)).

So bye everyone, if Marquis starts idling lynch him ;)

not voting yet as enough pressure is being thrown around but ms seems to be acting weird. bringing outside stuff in and all that. not suspicious enough to warrant any votes but it just seems a little sketchy and ill be keeping an eye on him

marquis post seems like an excuse to stir up lynches, and again im not voting because i dont have a good enough reason but i am very close and any weird behavior will definitely warrant a vote from me.

barty made a solid post but i dont know what to think of him yet

celever seems to be really defensive about lynching people but that isnt a big deal this early. later on obviously it will become much more important. right now though its probably just 'rather safe that sorry' as we basically have nothing to work off of. also we could subscribe to threads on the old forum which was roughly the same thing but no alerts.

but yeah my FoS is basically Aura Guardian's at the moment (marquis, ms, celever in that order) but its too early to do anything too bold imo.
Although I do agree with you that Metal Sonic has been acting rather weird, why is pressure an excuse to not vote? If you feel someone is scummy don't hesitate to vote and put forth even more pressure.

@Aura Guardian especially: Can someone please explain why everyone is so averse to voting? What is the point of voicing suspicion if you will not vote for someone to back it up? There is no FoS function in this game like there was in Twilight Princess NOC so there is no reason to "use" it instead of actually voting for someone.

@Houndoomsday You say your FoS is on Aura Guardian but don't give any reason for backing it up. You talk about other players your entire post and then bring up Aura Guardian out of the blue without an explanation. Please explain?

Barty the beetle is my most confident town read because he seems to post whatever is on his mind (much like a new townie would) but it's pretty tough to gather a list of reads because NO ONE WILL VOTE FOR ANYONE ELSE.

@Metal Sonic's first post seems so out of place and unnecessary, but then again it's MS so you never know with him. I agree with Aura Guardian that that post in particular strikes me as odd. It almost sounds like he's saying "I won't bring as much attention to myself this game so don't bother paying attention to me".

Unvote Celever (Although we should take note that he claims to not know about RVS when he's played an NOC before?)
Vote Metal Sonic

and about not voting the benefits of voting this early (more pressure is pretty much it), are outweighed by the costs (lynching someone with basically no evidence besides random accusations) this early in the game. i wont hesitate late in the game to vote, but right now i want to be cautious. that being said ill go ahead and vote marquis until he defends his opening statement as that seems seriously scummy to me, and just an excuse to stir up random lynches.

and about not voting the benefits of voting this early (more pressure is pretty much it), are outweighed by the costs (lynching someone with basically no evidence besides random accusations) this early in the game. i wont hesitate late in the game to vote, but right now i want to be cautious. that being said ill go ahead and vote marquis until he defends his opening statement as that seems seriously scummy to me, and just an excuse to stir up random lynches.
The point of RVS isn't to get a lynch off but more to put pressure on opposing players to gather information.

YO it's like the very beginning of the game, I don't really see how people can definitively label people "scum" or "village" when the game's literally only just started. At this point, I think it's safe to say we are out of RVSing and can actually start "playing" the game now.

we have an unlimited deadline so there's no need to go around saying "lets lynch THIS DUDE RIGHT NOW" because there's not enough to go off of - it's better to use up as much time as we need to decide on who to lynch

don't take this as me saying "sit around idly" but let's just not get too overzealous here

also activity is good so far, i hope we keep that up as much as possible. don't be afraid to chime in with thoughts etc

This is amazing. Thanks for giving me so much to work with, you guys~

FOR GOODNESS SAKE PEOPLE STOP VOTING. Why should we? Early votes always give you something to look back on near the end of the game psychologically- would that player who flipped scum vote a partner like that so early, was that vote a reason why that town player was killed, etc., etc.? This irrational fear when faced with only like 5-6 separate votes flying around is typically attributed to scumplay, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since so much of what I'm about to comment on later sounds really... new, to say the least.

We don't know where some of the Mario Crew is at with their L-[numbers], if we fling votes around immediately the mafia could probably stealth us. Lmao. Because mafia would really suddenly place their 3-4 votes suddenly and with rushed reasoning onto the biggest bandwagon currently in the game. And if they were already on a bandwagon, it's not like town would "stealth us". Quickhammers are blatantly obvious and easy to spot, and I'm even going to go as far as warning scum not to do it, because I actually want a good game here.

The only thing I have taken from this so far is Marquais is probably noob mafia, I doubt it is going to tell him Night 0 that someone is a member of the Bowser Boys, so he is probably trying to fling accusations himself. Why do you react so strongly to my "accusation"? Just so everyone knows, my statement and vote on Jalmont were completely fabricated. In other words, I was joking to see how people responded to it, as I've never played on these forums before. The fact that you're either so gullible as to believe that I was being serious right off the bat, or so eager to jump on and convince others that I'm "noob mafia", is going to be a detriment to which alignment you're really on.

Either Marquais has no idea what is going on or he is trying to take the 'noob to clean himself' route that I admittedly took to a lesser extent last game (even though I was village). I really don't know what to say to this. Are you saying you're not a noob? Because your reasoning and statements make you look awfully guilty :(

I say that we all take our votes off and do what people do on these days, And just what is it that "people do on these days"? You'll have to clarify, because apparently I'm "noob mafia" and don't know D: ...in all honestly, do explain what Smogon's general policy toward Day 1 is. And I'd like a link to that game of yours which you mentioned earlier, to check out your fake noob play.

I know that was all for fun but it seems like Aura Guardian and I are the only people with sense in this game. This is buddying, simple as that. Though I'm not sure mafia would risk alienating the rest of the playerbase like you just did. (Then again, most of your post has been giving off the most basic and blatant scumtells...)

Ignore or just lynch Marquais for now, simple as that. So you go from "HOLY cRAP STAhP VOTING U GAIZ!" and "TAKE UR VOTES OFF" to "lynch Marqauis now"... in the span of what, four or five sentences? That's an amazing flipflop if I ever saw one. Congrats, you've managed to make your way onto an actually serious scumlist from your very first post.

And by the way, it's Marquis, not Marquais. Thanks in advance, babe <3
Thank you Barty.

@Spiffy I know that the lynch is our most powerful tool, obviously we can use it later, but using it immediately for no reason isn't using our most powerful tool powerfully, it's abusing the power of it to no avail. I fail to see how a few unrelated, random early votes constitute "abusing the power" of a lynch.

The bold was do what people do do in mafia games like assessing posts etc. Then assess my post which so offended you on a deeper level rather than taking it at face value. Would mafia do that? Ask yourself meaningful questions. "OMG SCUM" isn't exactly the right way to go about playing this game.

Nothing will be accomplished by people removing votes other than playing safely. What would be accomplished by randomly flinging votes around? Getting people to talk, and getting scum to slip up in their reactions to the votes. It worked just fine, thank you very much.

I'm not saying we don't agree on one single target as a group since as barty said that could be easily manipulated. I am saying we at least think before we lynch though. Ofc we think before we lynch. Again, why are you so afraid of a few votes being randomly placed? Nobody's saying we're automatically going to lynch Jalmont, or Aura, or whoever. Also, diplomatically and unilaterally agreeing with a lynch before we lay our votes down is incredibly naive. You vote as you suspect. Anything else that allows scum to wait for the right moment and blend in with the crowd of sudden town voters is just plain bad.

Do other people understand me? I'm not speaking bullcrap am I? Partially, to both questions. But that's ok, I'm going to enjoy playing with you anyway! ;D
Also, the fact that you mentioned this, made me think twice about Marquis. He could, like belived by some, be a BB, but he could just as easily be a member of the MC, who wants to get something done. Anyway, I hope you get treated better for what you have done in the future Metal. And sorry for calling you out as an example in my first post. Well, isn't that nice.

Now, let's do what we can, both as a team and as individuals, to eliminate these BBs. Congrats, you're scumread number two. Anyone want to tell me why?... Never mind, I'd get attacked for criticizing such an obviously town individual such as this guy without explaining first.

The last line puts you in a kind of "cheerleader" position, as I often call it. You're using the generally agreed-with and liked pronoun and PoV with "we", which is subtly placing yourself amongst the town while distancing. And you call on us, the town, to "eliminate these BBs". When... in that post, you're not doing anything but profusely apologizing to Metal Sonic, and setting yourself up to have a good relationship with me.

If you were town, it only makes sense to actually add something new to the conversation yourself, rather than sitting in the backseat, shouting "go get them!" Your post is all fluff and hiding in the background.

Hey, guess what. This isn't bullshit. It's an actual scumtell.
Ever heard of Random Voting Stage? Thank you for knowing something.
Metal Sonic could also be a mafia buddy with Marquais and is trying to protect him by doing that. Marquais could have observed Metal Sonic trying to clean himself like that in other games and took after his example. Metal Sonic, by saying he will not act like that, makes Marquais look less scummy. I can't even follow your reasoning here. So you're saying Metal Sonic is mafia with me and and by defending me or whatever he did against you, he's just outed himself as such? And you say I've also looked through Metal Sonic's games, and in doing so realized that the only logical course of behavior was to copy Metal Sonic's posting style and actions, believing his play to be the best in every game? ...ah, now I get it. This is confirmation bias. You're apparently so convinced I'm "noob mafia", that everything I do and everything other players do relating to me is absolutely incriminating, with no doubt about it. Great job, you're either locked into your tunnel vision as town or you're stretching to find every possible fake scumread you can make on someone as scum.
Nobody can be a true "Metal Sonic" except me. according to them, I'm trying hard enough...

Marquis is just a wannabe well, OUCH

Celever stop trying to be funny I can see you're town because of the similarity of how you play in RNG mafia, but if you keep this up the scum are going to lynch you hard and fast. Link please; I want to see if they're like this every game, and whether town or scum.

Stop making baseless accusations. It's an easy ticket to a lynch. What do you even mean by this?
ok, let's summarize the day so far: oooh, summaries. I love summaries, they're so telling.
Marquais votes Jalmont once... then twice.... but it only counts once anyway. and why was this so important compared to everything else
Marquais is clearly a troll. awww :c
Blackhawk holds grudges well. awwwwwwwww :C
Woodchuck didn't like Metal Sonic last game. I could say the same for a few other people where we're from~
Spiffy and I got talking about things that he clearly knows more about than me. yes, put him on a pedestal, my dear ;o
I showed off my noobiness. in what way because I'm not sure if you've realized all of it
Metal Sonic has decided to play well and contain hearts in his posts. what a way to let scum know you're easily susceptible to buddying

Summary of this:
This is gonna be a looooooooooooooooooong day. Stop complaining. This is Mafia, and it's not easy.
In general: Ok, my concentration is mostly frazzled, but I can probably say a fair bit of small stuff if I don't look at the thread wholistically. holistically* that's right, I'm antagonizing you by correcting your minor spelling error

@Marquis, post #13: Though I'm fairly sure you vote was a troll, I'm not RVSing because adding even more votes to the pool would be redundant - there has been enough to stir up conversation already. calling my vote a troll vote while knowing what RVS is... wat
@Celever, post #15: No, let them stealth early-game. It would give away many of them, and hand us an easy victory. at least this is good
@Celever, post #20: Bad tactics early game because of RVS. (Redeemed with post #32, sort of, I guess...)
@Celever, posts #22, 25, and 27: Wait, how do you not know what RVS is after Twilight Princess/RNG NOC? this is interesting, I actually read part of that game
@Blackhawk11, post #33: Thank you.
Overall: Metal Sonic's behavior seems a little... off. I can get most of it, but my concentration's starting to come back, and a wholistic holistic* view just seems a bit... wrong. I'd like for you to make comments on Metal Sonic later on now that you've hinted at it here.

As for Marquis, posts #6 and 8: Uh... I'm really tempted to vote him for that. Claiming Jalmont is a BB in his PM is either a brilliant play (not likely), or a downright horrible play (likely). ... Marquis, do you stand by that claim Jalmont is mafia, or was it a joke (asking because I want it on the record)? There is likely a follow-up to this. There were two parts to my post. First and foremost, it was a joke. Secondly, and perhaps less obviously, it was an RVS vote made to get reactions... which I can safely say there are a satisfactory number of.

And believe me, I want you to follow up on this. What do you really think?

FoS on: Marquis (most, because seriously, what?), Celever (acting a bit noobish in a little scummy way, then calling it out in post #32, which is, aside from the noobish thing, how I went through most of Twilight/RNG NOC), Metal Sonic (least, just seems a bit off) no comment other than that this little section is good and town-leaning

Still not voting yet, though, but if I did, it would probably be for someone who hasn't posted much (my excuse is the game started near night for me). Hey. You should vote someone you find suspicious. Actual pressure brings out the real scum.
So bye everyone, if Marquis starts idling lynch him ;) lmao what the hell even is this, a push for a policy lynch? "idling" isn't a scumtell, but "lurking" is a null to minor scumtell. Never mind the fact that people sleep and work and eat and poop, I don't see how you can legitimately call on everyone to lynch a person who hasn't been able to post for a few hours.
not voting yet as enough pressure is being thrown around but ms seems to be acting weird. bringing outside stuff in and all that. not suspicious enough to warrant any votes but it just seems a little sketchy and ill be keeping an eye on him parroting what other people have said enough times already, and in a vague "ms seems to be acting weird" way. I don't get how multiple people can post "something's off" about a player and not actually explain what it is. I legitimately want an explanation later from you and Aura as to why this suspicion is warranted.

marquis post seems like an excuse to stir up lynches, and again im not voting because i dont have a good enough reason but i am very close and any weird behavior will definitely warrant a vote from me. "any weird behavior will definitely warrant a vote from me"... was my post not "weird" enough for you to vote me, given how you're talking about it now? And if you found Metal Sonic to be so weird already, why aren't you voting him?

For the record, I'm not trying to stip up lynches. I'm stirring up a great deal of reactions, and the most interesting ones are coming from the people who are parroting/mimicking what others say and jumping on me without a second thought.

barty made a solid post but i dont know what to think of him yet fair enough but do you mean "solid" as in town-leaning or "solid" as in acceptable and sounding pleasant?

celever seems to be really defensive about lynching people but that isnt a big deal this early. later on obviously it will become much more important. right now though its probably just 'rather safe that sorry' as we basically have nothing to work off of. also we could subscribe to threads on the old forum which was roughly the same thing but no alerts. Just commenting to say I've read this and while I agree with the first part, as for the part starting with "right now", I either don't get what you're trying to say, or I disagree with the implication that the safest thing to do is not vote until we can get everyone (remember, "everyone" includes the mafia!) to agree on some target.

but yeah my FoS is basically Aura Guardian's at the moment (marquis, ms, celever in that order) but its too early to do anything too bold imo. Why not bold a vote? Voting is never something too "bold" to do.
and about not voting the benefits of voting this early (more pressure is pretty much it), are outweighed by the costs (lynching someone with basically no evidence besides random accusations) this early in the game. i wont hesitate late in the game to vote, but right now i want to be cautious. that being said ill go ahead and vote marquis until he defends his opening statement as that seems seriously scummy to me, and just an excuse to stir up random lynches. This post reads as such: "Pressure is the only benefit of voting early, but it's better not to vote because there's no valid reasoning so early on. So that's why I'm voting Marquis."

Thanks for finally putting your money where your mouth is, but you're not making sense.

Also, you've repeated the phrase "stir up random lynches" twice now. While I appreciate the commitment to your reasoning, it irks me.
unvote Aura Guardian
vote barty the beetle

While Celever's posts were sketchy as hell, I haven't yet decided what alignment of "noob" she is. In any case, it's better to vote someone who's not generating any interactions or pro-town actions of his own, especially when taking into account the passive backseat cheerleading he's doing.

thank you marquis for doing such a good job of explaining yourself. now that i know some of your reasoning my suspicions have been somewhat averted, and feel confident in unvote.

now you asked for some reasoning of my suspicions of ms. while i dont have solid evidence (again its early as hell, so we dont have much to work with beyond reactions), something about his post just raises a few red flags. first of all, from watching him interact on the forums, i simply dont believe he would back down from his "persona" if you will. ive noticed from previous mafia games and other non-circus maximus postings he is very stubborn. i simply dont believe because of some namecalling he decides to completely shift how he acts. then he keeps claiming how he is just vanilla town and not number 1 scumhunter, which is suspicious because a) he seems to be trying hard to convince us he is town, and b) by stepping down he is hurting the village, and despite what people may think hes pretty damn good at scumhunting, and i dont really see a reason for stepping down from that role. again i cant really put my finger on what specifically is tipping me off but i just refuse to believe he would step down if he was truly village.

by solid post by barty i just meant it was a well thought out, vanilla reasoning that i really didnt have an opinion on but just wanted to let him know it was good work. i was refering to his first post, not any future ones.

the reason why i voted you in my second post was pretty clear- it was a temporary vote that i would lift up once you explained some of your thoughts to me, hence why i lifted it.

ill go ahead and analyze a few other people while im at it

jalmont: seems to be panicking a bit over the lynches (probably because they were aimed at him), especially in the last post, but hasnt actually contributed much, which he attributes it to the game just beginning or whatever, which is a little hard to believe seeing as we have plenty of talk already.

celever: seems to be playing noob-cautious (STOP VOTING OR MAFIA WILL STEALTH!!!!!) which is a little weird because iirc celever has played in at least a couple of previous games, again still suspicious

marquis: seems to be defensive because everyone started lynching, im still detecting a bit of scum (ill surely be attacked because of this now), but he has enough pressure on him that im fine unvoting.

barty: looking back he hasnt done much besides make an informative post about whether to vote or not. the rest was just small talk that doesnt help the village at all. it seems weird to me that 2/3 post were stuff like "sorry ms" and "eagle is scum lol", when again we still have plenty of discussion topics

auraguardian: he and i are getting mostly the same reads, so i cant see him being that scummy. he hasnt posted much though (not a criticism because he posted quality), so i just cant analyze much

solar vapor: good knowledge of mafia but i would like him to post some more detailed stuff, he has posted 1-2 sentences a post pretty much. a little sketch just from a lack of posting but nothing outright suspicious. good on him for calling me out though (ironically i may vote just to get him to post some reads)

spiffy: fairly neutral/slight town postings, everyone seems to be riding his dick for whatever reason because he really hasnt posted much meat, another potential vote but w/e, and while i have other people to vote i do want him to post so more detailed stuff.

firemage:

alright then, vote Solar Vapor. Please give me a couple reasonable scumreads.

While Celever's posts were sketchy as hell, I haven't yet decided what alignment of "noob" she is. In any case, it's better to vote someone who's not generating any interactions or pro-town actions of his own, especially when taking into account the passive backseat cheerleading he's doing.
Of course, I can actually understand why you see my "passive backseat cheerleading" as an efficient attempt of, if I was a BB, to both clean myself and attempt to provide someone who ties the town together, and therefore leading into a role which makes it easier for a possible BB to both survive until the end and as a result, win while nobody actually would suspect me of being a BB. Of course, this is all hypothetical. The main difference between this and the truth is that I read nowhere in my role PM of being a BB.

Another of the primary reasons you have written for the suspicion against me is how I've not done "any interactions or pro-town actions of his own", and although the fact that my only mafia experiences are through the underground mafia and the StarCraft 2 custom game Mafia, I've not done much such attempts to make any sort of alinment analysis before. However, as an attempt to put my perspective on what I can see from the posts currently made, I will do my best to make one.

@Marquis: You did make the first post today, and with the clear intention of initiating either a mass vote on a single person, or to initiate a RVS. Based on your later posts (by this, I mean the WoT above this), I see that a RVS was your goal, and you did manage to make your view on the major posts until now visible. You have gone a bit defensive after the RVS-noobiness, but I honestly consider you a MC, although this is a noobs analysis.

@Houndoomsday: You have, in my opinion, made a strong vote early in order to attempt to get more information from Marquis, which has in its own ways provided some reading that I believe to be strong. All in all, I think that your posts do not show any BB traits as of yet, but as stated earlier, I'm a noob at this and its still early in the game.

I might not have made the most detailed analysis, and it is still early in the game, but I have decided to agree with you all. Making minor votes to be lifted after a response that can aid in providing more information on individuals seems to be a plausible solution at this point in the game. The people I'd like to have a response from would be Solar Vapor and FireMage. As Houndoomsday has already provided a pressure based vote on Solar Vapor, I'll go ahead and vote FireMage, I'd like to hear what you say.

Finally, for all of you who think this might be a suspicious, sudden switch of my initial attitude, I'm still gonna provide a supportive role for us MC, but as stated above, we also need more opinional statements. I'm only trying to help us as a group.

by noob are you referring to yourself or me?

Why vote someone then say it's just for pressure, I mean that completely defeats the point of a pressure vote... :x I'd say that's cutting it way too close to just being too nice to someone (a hesitant vote trying to see where other peoples' feelings lie on it), like "I'm voting you but please don't worry and counter/suspect me back it's just for pressure"
and ffs posting like that still looks super scummy with the unnecessary extra emphasis on "we also need" and "us" and "as a group" and just... asdf why

Sure.

Celever - Not really too suspicious of him. He's had some sketchy posts but I think he is just confused about the RVS. Seems to try to be informative to try to get people to applaud him or something. I mean he really didn't need to repost the player list.

Jalmont - Hasn't really posted much but he had a point that we were still in RVS so town read for now.

Spiffy - Town read. He's made some good points (i.e. lynch is our most powerful tool) although hasn't posted much either.

Aura Guardian - Being a fairly experienced mafia player I was surprised he didn't random vote to get some pressure. To add to that, I really didn't like that he said in a later post "adding even more votes to the pool would be redundant" even though he had a chance to vote for someone else in the beginning of the game but just decided to not do anything! Suspicious.

Blackhawk11 - Has pretty much done nothing other than rand voting for Aura so not sure yet.

Marquis - Have never seen him play but judging by his last post I'd say he knows what he is talking about. I don't want to pull out the word scum on him just yet but I've got my eye on him.

Barty The Beetle - States that Spiffy has a point that by not lynching we lose our most powerful tool. Then he proceeds to say he is not going to vote yet because he wanted to see more information? Really? A bit suspicious at this point.

Houndoomsday - Thought it was a bit suspicious for not voting but I liked that he posted some reads so leaning town atm.

Woodchuck and FireMage have basically contributed nothing for me to base off of. So yeah Vote Aura Guardian for the reasons stated in my read. I'd like to hear more from him.

By noob, I'm referring to myself.

I do see the point in what you say, and in fact, you're right. When it comes to the wording in my previous posts, I have been a bit of a idiot. And although I can easily claim to be a part of the MC, the only people sure are myself and eagle. My posts, made to attempt to unite the MC, have had the effect on you that it seems as a nooby attempt to clean myself from suspision. If someone like you, who seem to not have that many games of experience just by looking at your postcount, believes the latter to be the true story, what will then a skilled mafia player think? Of course, the posts are out. I made a mistake which can cause me to be mislynched at day 1. All because of the same reasoning you placed in your last posts.
Why, did you ask? Because I happen to be a noob, and as a result, I used the inclusive vocabulary in a way that made my position suspicious. Perhaps it would be smarter to go the "full short sentence noob way", although I'm sure it would make people like you suspect that I used it to copy from previous games, in order to clean myself.

If you consider me a BB, then go ahead. I've already done the damage to myself, and now all attempts of my trying to prove my innocence to you would only help increase the suspicion. Of course I can't claim a certain role, but I'll tell you this: If you lynch me, you will regret it.
However, if you don't lynch me, I will do my best in order to help the MC win this game. Trust me, I hope to win this just as much as you do.

I know I'm not providing any sort of direct proof that I should not be lynched, but trust me on this one; I made a mistake, and all I ask for is a second chance, which can in turn lead to a positive effect on the MC.

EDIT: I'm to go to bed now. I'll be back in about 10 hours, so please don't lynch me by then.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)