Mario Kart Mafia (NOC) END: VILLAGE WINS

All right, I promised reads, but it's late enough that I'll only do one read (Solar Vapor, interactions with Jalmont), and save the other two (Metal Sonic and Marquis/Snaquaza, interactions with barty) for tomorrow (probably)

Analysis of Solar Vapor, interactions relating to Jalmont:
Votes Marquis for his RVS, but it also seems sort of RVS-y, and given Marquis's methods, it seems reasonable. Except that he joined Jalmont in that vote, when it would have been better to rand someone else, and he voted the guy who RVS'ed Jalmont. This is despite knowing about RVS stage, and calling out Celever for advocating bad tactics. Agrees with Houndoomsday that Metal Sonic is acting weird, but given the situation, that seems reasonable. However, he also ignores the others mentioned, not even a "no comment" or anything related.

Next, he posts some concise reads, disagreeing with something I did, and giving Jalmont a Town read. Finds barty suspicious, though, and other reads don't seem to be lacking much. Jalmont then sats Solar Vapor seems suspicious to him, and asks for no lists of reads unless something thought-provoking included. (Though that last part might have been talking to Marquis, but I think it was at Solar Vapor then...) Claims Jalmont isn't contributing much, which Jalmont refutes and votess him for. Calls out me for my not RVSing (I've explained this enough...) and asks Jalmont to post more. Claims Spiffy had no reason to vote Jalmont, and asks barty about why he views Jalmont and Houndoomsday as suspicious. Later accuses Celever of trying to deflect attention.
Conclusion: Scummy, but could be a townie on to something regarding Jalmont. Or both of them mafia, but distancing themselves from each other. Last one isn't too likely, though, IMO.

Given how much of a link there is between him and Jalmont, and given what I saw linking both him and Jalmont to barty, I'm gonna go out and say one - probably no more and no less - member of @Jalmont, @barty the beetle, and @Solar Vapor are mafia. Pending elaborate interactions planned out Night 0 - which I would not put past Jalmont - maybe a second (only if one of them is Jalmont, of course). So, yeah. I'd like you three to explain your connections with each other to my satisfaction. And everyone else's, too. That connection is too much to ignore. Solar Vapor is at no votes atm, so I'll apply some pressure: Lynch Solar Vapor.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Anyway, this barty lynch has been handled very poorly. I understand that it is mostly his fault for being so vague about his role, but a lot of us have tunneled barty so hard that there exists pretty much no other lynch option. What happens when he claims? Everyone will unvote and we'll be back to square one. I still think it's too early to have someone (especially a claimed power role...) at L-1 when we could have several votes on multiple players and get responses from all of our suspects.

me said:
Barty said:
Ok, including what I mentined above, it seems I'm, for now at least, just a vanilla villager.
NOT OK

Why do you insist that he is a "claimed power role" when 1. It's a softclaim 2. Its vague 3. He later says he's a vanilla villager?

I personally surmise that he's a vanilla villager with one of those silly items that you get in the Mario Kart boxes and we're being led on a wild goose chase here.

All right, I promised reads, but it's late enough that I'll only do one read (Solar Vapor, interactions with Jalmont), and save the other two (Metal Sonic and Marquis/Snaquaza, interactions with barty) for tomorrow (probably)

Analysis of Solar Vapor, interactions relating to Jalmont:
Votes Marquis for his RVS, but it also seems sort of RVS-y, and given Marquis's methods, it seems reasonable. Except that he joined Jalmont in that vote, when it would have been better to rand someone else, and he voted the guy who RVS'ed Jalmont. This is despite knowing about RVS stage, and calling out Celever for advocating bad tactics. Agrees with Houndoomsday that Metal Sonic is acting weird, but given the situation, that seems reasonable. However, he also ignores the others mentioned, not even a "no comment" or anything related.

Next, he posts some concise reads, disagreeing with something I did, and giving Jalmont a Town read. Finds barty suspicious, though, and other reads don't seem to be lacking much. Jalmont then sats Solar Vapor seems suspicious to him, and asks for no lists of reads unless something thought-provoking included. (Though that last part might have been talking to Marquis, but I think it was at Solar Vapor then...) Claims Jalmont isn't contributing much, which Jalmont refutes and votess him for. Calls out me for my not RVSing (I've explained this enough...) and asks Jalmont to post more. Claims Spiffy had no reason to vote Jalmont, and asks barty about why he views Jalmont and Houndoomsday as suspicious. Later accuses Celever of trying to deflect attention.
Conclusion: Scummy, but could be a townie on to something regarding Jalmont. Or both of them mafia, but distancing themselves from each other. Last one isn't too likely, though, IMO.

Given how much of a link there is between him and Jalmont, and given what I saw linking both him and Jalmont to barty, I'm gonna go out and say one - probably no more and no less - member of @Jalmont, @barty the beetle, and @Solar Vapor are mafia. Pending elaborate interactions planned out Night 0 - which I would not put past Jalmont - maybe a second (only if one of them is Jalmont, of course). So, yeah. I'd like you three to explain your connections with each other to my satisfaction. And everyone else's, too. That connection is too much to ignore. Solar Vapor is at no votes atm, so I'll apply some pressure: Lynch Solar Vapor.
When did I ever say Spiffy had no reason to vote Jalmont?

Jalmont called me out on having a useless post for not helping the town out. Am I not supposed to defend myself in that situation? It seems by your logic I should've just ignored it, right? Including the post Jalmont had called me out on he had only posted three times at that point -- none of which really contributed to the town either. So why was I being accused of not helping the village out by someone who wasn't either. I had a full right to defend myself and if you are going to act like I did the wrong thing then what would you have done? Asfor

For the Jalmont thing... coulda sworn it was there. Might have mistaken it for something else, though.

Oh, wait! There it is! I just confused which user you were talking about, sorry
@Metal Sonic: The problem with you is not that you are a good scum hunter but the fact that you won't shut the fuck up about it and constantly proclaiming yourself the number one scum hunter. By the way, you said you really did not barty's post and found it scummy but then ended up voting for Jalmont without any reasoning behind it.
Ok, that was at Metal Sonic, not Spiffy. My bad. As for the other... I'd say this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black, but Jalmont's post putting suspicion on you also had a good amount of other stuff, I'd estimate about 3x as much worth of contribution to the town as your refutation did. Emphasis on the worth. So, you should have defended yourself by being a better villager, contributing a lot more. That's what I would do; I would prove that I am a villager by being a good one and helping, and defensive finger-pointing for bad reasons (he had contributed, as I said, about 3x as much as you had beyond RVS after your refutation post).

That defense you posted to my question seems lacking. My vote stands for now.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
@Metal Sonic if you think he is a vanillager why are you voting for him?
Sorry, I'd like to clarify

"The worst case scenario of lynching barty is a vanillager w/ some silly item"

not some PR which you and jalmont or etc are freaking out about.

I am mainly voting him to make him put some work into this game

according to his posts we can already see that there is a large probability that he is scum anyway.

i think people are confusing putting people at l-1 with actually lynching them

right now im not trying to lynch barty im trying to make him actually explain himself. my goal isnt to get him killed, its to get pressure

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Just putting here I wil have p much no internet access today (gmt).
Also @barty the beetle congratulations you officially have diverted the town's attention away from scum hunting for almost 3 irl days, you've been a good help to your mafia buddies, now what is your role......

Celever

i am town
Oh right I didn't see this page e_e.

Actually Metal Sonic brings up a good point, over irc Eagle was being defensive telling me stuff about his game as he knew I would be playing in it, but at one point he had items planned and then he went to "icncnd". Obviously a lot of us don't have items (I think anyway) so I would think barty could have an item only usable late game, and that is why he can't say any more since it's not a role as such it is just an ability he has.
I'd still like a post though...

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
131: Celever is practicing multi-quoting in which he tries to say that he has answered some of Spiffy’s questions (I think) and answers the general boy/girl problem that he has (believe me it happens really often)

132: Celever says he sucks at multi-quoting, he also lynches Spiffy

133: Metal Sonic says barty plays unacceptable and would lynch him if it wasn’t for L-2

134: Metal Sonic unvote Jalmont

135-137: For me it seems like an useless conversation between Marquis and Metal Sonic

138: Marquis quotes an earlier post of him for Metal Sonic

139: Metal Sonic says why they aren’t questions

140: Metal Sonic extra comments on post above

141: Comment that barty wasn’t at L-2 by Houndoomsday

142: Celever tries helping Fire Mage to post I think

143: Metal Sonic lynches Barty to make it L-2

144: Celever says to Fire Mage that if he does not have time, he should be subbed out, as it would be hindering

145: Spiffy responds to Celever, says he is lying, said he lynches without reason and said Celever said he denied things what he didn’t deny.

146: Metal Sonic says that Spiffy misread one of Celever’s comments.

147: Spiffy said he labels Solar Vapor as town, even though he acts scummy, he acted the same in another mafia.

148: Celever agrees with post 146 and says he is on holiday so his posts are short.

149: Houndoomsday says the only thing Celever discovered was Jalmont/Blackhawk connection.

150: Celever asks why Houndoomsday says something teneous in the previous post.

More coming up and after them my scumreads/discoveries :D

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sorry Spiffy will have to do what you want tomorrow, but barty is confirmed vigilante I think??

Going to sleep now.
Just saying but if you read the RNG NOC I'm always quick to jump to conclusions.
On that note I thought that vigilantes only came into play later in the game but maybe not? Honestly I can see this as an excuse for Barty to stay late-game just so that we can see him use this role, however I want to direct attention to the OP: "And I cannot emphasise this rule enough: You cannot reveal your role name (character) or any flavour which would imply your role name. You can, however, reveal your ability."
@barty the beetle , what is your ability?
@Houndoomsday I am checking here and we need no vote count. The only changes from the last vote count, which had Barty at L-2, was me unvoting Barty and Metal Sonic voting him, and FireMage getting a vote and I getting a vote, but Barty is still at L-2. Whilst I agree with you that sending him to L-1 is silly(I'm one of the players in the game who may wish to do so, but I won't for now) it is something to note.

Also this is quite late but Aura Guardian said that he would love an inspect on me, I would too since it would clean me ;).
Spiffy what you want is coming up... for the second time...
I'm still looking at this post and trying to understand why Celever jumped from barty saying he had something that comes into play later to "barty is confirmed vigilante". To me, anyone drawing a conclusion that seems totally out of the blue usually indicates that person has access to more information. This is why I made the fake claim jibe, but really, making such a huge leap of logic without justifying the thought process behind it seems really scummy. Add this on to the fact that Celever was bandwagoning on barty just a day before:

"Get your final questions in the next 45 minutes!"
"Actually nvm I'll answer them in like 8 hours"

This just seems like he wants to ask his mafia buddies how to answer this. Unvote Blackhawk, Lynch barty the beetle.
@Blackhawk11 please give an honest read on Jalmont, assessing him etc..
@barty the beetle Your posts right now are absolute BS. You are the only person in this game everyone has decided you are scummy, except for.. Aura Guardian and FireMage in the least. Something to note is Spiffy early in the game, where he says "barty is my most confident town read!" where Solar Vapor rightly pointed out that he makes Spiffy look good but then not using the adivce Spiffy said. The other two people I noted are simply inactive. I mentioned Aura Guardian because the only time he mentions Barty is to say "I agree with the claims but don't vote him" and that is it. I am going to say here though, giving a list of reads where every result is null or null-town except for a bandwagon is: 1) Absolutely useless and 2) It makes you seem like you have no idea what is going on -- you'd like that, wouldn't you.
I may post more tomorrow/a drink etc.
Here, Celever voted to lynch barty because everyone else decided he was scummy. And then he takes the opportunity there to... cast suspicion on Spiffy? This doesn't look like town behavior, this looks like a mafia either going for a mislynch or bussing a partner and trying to make other people look scummy all at the same time. That is a bit of a stretch to come from that one post, though- my main point is that Celever made this sudden switch between "barty is mafia, everyone thinks he's scummy" to "barty is confirmed vigilante". If Celever was an actual villager, watching the game develop and forming conclusions about barty's alignment, I just can't think that he would switch attitudes so mercurially.

Dear co-players of the Mario Cart Mafia,

First of all, I wish to apologize for not posting for the last day. This is because I happened to have two birthday parties for me over this weekend, and due to some miscommunication I ended up being without my computer for the last ~30 hours.

Secondly, due to time constrains from IRL events coming up, I wish to ask to be subbed out of the game. There are several reasons for this, but I do not want to list them all here (unless you want another post #60). If anyone wants to take over a vanilla villager that is at L-1 due to accidentally wasting the towns time like an idiot, then go ahead.

Finally, I wish to appologise for all other members of the town for taking up your time with questions, analysises and pressure that has diverted you from your goal. I hope for your victory. Good luck have fun.

-Barty the Beetle

Celever

i am town
I'm still looking at this post and trying to understand why Celever jumped from barty saying he had something that comes into play later to "barty is confirmed vigilante". To me, anyone drawing a conclusion that seems totally out of the blue usually indicates that person has access to more information. This is why I made the fake claim jibe, but really, making such a huge leap of logic without justifying the thought process behind it seems really scummy. Add this on to the fact that Celever was bandwagoning on barty just a day before:

Here, Celever voted to lynch barty because everyone else decided he was scummy. And then he takes the opportunity there to... cast suspicion on Spiffy? This doesn't look like town behavior, this looks like a mafia either going for a mislynch or bussing a partner and trying to make other people look scummy all at the same time. That is a bit of a stretch to come from that one post, though- my main point is that Celever made this sudden switch between "barty is mafia, everyone thinks he's scummy" to "barty is confirmed vigilante". If Celever was an actual villager, watching the game develop and forming conclusions about barty's alignment, I just can't think that he would switch attitudes so mercurially.
Woodchuck, I am naturally very indecisive. Add that on with an oddball like Barty and I simply don't know how to act. Also I hae no idea why I thought vigilantes came in later??? It makes much more sense than like a tracker or something and I must have thought it because of Eagle's claim in the RNG NOC or something? I don't even know.....

Celever

i am town
It would have been best if you subbed out 3 days ago .-..
So Barty has run away because he had a lot of pressure on him (biiiig scumtell) and the least useful player in the game is subbing out because he would turn less useful. This game is going well e_e.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)