do you put ketchup on your eggs

well do you?

• Total voters

AJers

Your typical e-wench
I don't always eat scrambled eggs....

But when I do bitches know there's some ketchup with them. Haha, I definitely grew out of it (and typically prefer green chilli or other spicy substances); but every once in awhile ketchup just does it for me.

Also, don't mention mac and cheese (not the box kind, mind you) unless you have green chilli attached to it. :D

Ketchup on macaroni and cheese is just plain silly. It sounds like a great way to ruin a perfectly good food.

Parmesan cheese on macaroni and cheese is a much better choice.

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Ketchup on macaroni and cheese is just plain silly. It sounds like a great way to ruin a perfectly good food.

Parmesan cheese on macaroni and cheese is a much better choice.
Might as well add some Gouda while you are at it :]

come to think of it, when I was a kid, I would smother my steak in ketchup. And my fish... maybe I should try it on eggs haha

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@Macaronni-- hmmm... maybe... I would generally prefer to put in straight up vinegar in there (or Tabasco to get the needed vinegar content). If I wanted a tomato element, I'd also prefer to have grilled tomatoes than pure'd (ketchup) in there.

My mac and cheese rep:
1. Start by grilling chopped onions, ham (or bacon..), and cherry tomatoes in olive oil in a skillet. I might also throw in peas/carrots in there if I want extra veggies. If using chopped mushrooms, they also go in at this point.
2. once you got some grill marks on those veggies/ham, and the pork oil is mixing all nicely with the olive oil, put in some milk or cream
3. bring it to a boil before putting in the sauce packet
4. the noodles come in next
5. As things thicken a bit, you put in vinegar and more olive oil to loosen things up (and get that kick!); you also mix in seasonings such as Oregano, Red Chili Pepper flakes, and Black Pepper. If more salt is needed (probably not) u consider it at this point too. Chili powder is interesting...
6. Put it in a bowl, and top it off with Parmesean (or Gouda, lol) cheese, and maybe a shot of Tabasco

Oh~yeah~

Another cool thing to do with mac and cheese is to start with Canned Chili. Think about it-- Chili has ground beef, beans, and spice-- all things that go well with Mac & Cheese.

@Spaghetti-- while I wouldn't put Ketchup on finished Spaghetti (it's ok, but not optimal), it's something I would consider mixing into tomato sauce for a more asian-fusion spaghetti with shoyu.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
my mac and cheese recipe:

1) add water
2) microwave

it amazes me that a gourmet chef like chou would have such a boner for ketchup which is basically the universally recognized 9-year-old-whose-only-vegetable-is-canned-corn condiment and then you grow past it

blitzlefan

shake it off!
What the fuck? I don't get it. Are people seriously arguing that they're too mature for ketchup? I understand if you don't like it on eggs, or don't like it in general, but... acting like you're too old for ketchup or something just reeks of insecurity.

Speaking of Parmesan cheese... don't ever try to make a cheese sandwich with it, trust me that shit don't melt. It doesn't even melt if you light it on fire.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
What the fuck? I don't get it. Are people seriously arguing that they're too mature for ketchup? I understand if you don't like it on eggs, or don't like it in general, but... acting like you're too old for ketchup or something just reeks of insecurity.
Sounds like something a baby who still eats ketchup would say

i relish the fact i never mustard the courage to put nasty ass ketchup on my eggs when i was young. i hope all of you that voted yes ketchup to the rest of your peers in your food maturity.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Huh, I hated ketchup as a kid but eventually grew up to like it. My parents thought it was bizarre that I didn't like ketchup on my eggs (or anything) until around the 3rd grade.

ok this is entirely irrelevant but steak was brought up so:

every time i see someone eating steak with ketchup i die a little

i hate having steak with my dad and little sister...both ketchup that shit and it kills me to watch

YES I'M INDIAN BUT I'M NOT HINDU SO FUCK OFF

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Someone mentioned before that they'd only recognize using ketchup on crappy eggs at college. This is actually very similar to my feeling on ketchup with steak.

I feel like a really good steak shouldn't need ketchup (or any sauce). If it's tender and perfect, than just some salt and basic seasonings suffice. Oh, and the necessary copious amounts of white rice to go with it of course. (can't eat steak without white rice...)

However, shitty steak is shitty, and guzzling on some A1 (which is just manlier ketchup remember) goes a long way in making it go from bad to good.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
How can you eat meat without rice? A mouthful of meat just isn't the same unless it's shared with rice (or at least pasta or a hamburger bun or something).

Oh yeah~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)