Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
As with every generation some old niche things will fall from grace, like Mamoswine likely will tbh. Sadly we don't have enough info yet to really get in to the meat of that topic though.

Long time reader, first time poster, so hopefully I don't come off too newbish.

So, I know it's been mentioned briefly, and I hope this doesn't fall into the "Wishlist" category, but does anyone else hope that by them adding Fairies to counter Dragons that wreck havoc in the current metagame. That they may also add a turn list to moves such as Spikes, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes, ect? It seems like not only is the entire metagame based around countering Dragons before they setup and sweep, but also about building teams around certain hazards, and therefore losing a potential needed spot on a team for a spinner (which lets face it, spinners are usually the weakest part of the team). I'm not suggesting that they remove them entirely, but why can weather be a 5 - 7 turn event, but hazards cannot?

I honestly lost interest in most current metagames due to hazards. Not being able to use Pokemon I like due to a massive Stealth Rock weakness is particularly bothersome. I hope I don't come off making it seem like I want the metagame to have less strategy to it, because I feel as though knowing when to place Hazards instead of dropping and forgetting has more of a strategic perspective anyway. For example, suicide leads that just drop hazards and die, wouldn't really be needed anymore, and spinners would be completely optional instead of almost needed depending on the Pokemon you choose to use.

Thanks for reading, and again I hope this isn't "Wishlist" material, since I did provide evidence that it would make the metagame actually more of a mind game. Also WOW, for 5,000th post in this forum :)

A Fairy-likely Mamoswine would be totally different facing dragons, if it's true they're immune it could just come in w/o fearing a Draco Meteor / Outrage unlike Mamoswine, which needs to switch in in a safe condition (like after Volt Switch or something being defeated just before).
But IMO, if they really want to cripple dragons, the best thing to do is taking advantage of that immunity to make a Fairy type Pursuit, is just the same as Dark with Psychic; honestly, using a coverage Poison/Steel move would work against Fairies but it'd be useless with the rest of the pokemon.
I don't wanna get too much into this because I don't even know the Fairy resistances/weaknesses chart.

But IMO, if they really want to cripple dragons, the best thing to do is taking advantage of that immunity to make a Fairy type Pursuit, is just the same as Dark with Psychic; honestly, using a coverage Poison/Steel move would work against Fairies but it'd be useless with the rest of the pokemon.
I don't wanna get too much into this because I don't even know the Fairy resistances/weaknesses chart.
Here's a recap, as confirmed:

DEF: x0 Dragon; x2 Poison, Steel
ATK: x2 Dragon, Dark, Fighting; x1/2 Fire, Psychic

Yes, this is apparently what many sites have said.
Yet, it hasn't been confirmed, so watch out.

On the other hand, does anyone else think that Spritzee/Flabébé/Swirlix will evolve?

Last edited:
Judging by their size and generally simple designs, I feel pretty comfortable in saying that Spritzee and Swirlix will evolve. Flabebe, however... for some reason, I feel that she'll be a standalone. I wouldn't mind for her to evolve, and she is pretty small and simple but... eh, I dunno.

Reactions: PME

*technically* the only one actually confirmed is SE against dragon
Assuming all the calculation and sound analysis is right, Dark is also probably true

But the rumor could always be partially wrong (especially since this WAS recalled from an early build from February from memory).
Personally I think it's spot on, but until it's actually confirmed by official sources, its best to err on the side of caution.

I'm thinking that the 'scoop of the century' will be the revelation of Fairy-type's full resistances/weaknesses, plus a list of all the Pokemon becoming Fairy-type, for some reason.

If, that is, it isn't Newtwo.

I'm thinking that the 'scoop of the century' will be the revelation of Fairy-type's full resistances/weaknesses, plus a list of all the Pokemon becoming Fairy-type, for some reason.

If, that is, it isn't Newtwo.
If, that is, it is one singular scoop and not, you know, a ton of information that together form a big scoop

Or perhaps two medium sized scoops?

I like how the dicusssion has become largely of the time and nature of the next leak more so than anything else.

So I totally brought up this video a while ago, but it seemed to be very readily ignored. I really am curious to hear some thoughts on its contents.
BS? Maybe, though we'll know if it's true within a leak or two.

It was ignored because there is no validity to it

Same reason the billion other rumors that come and go aren't talked about

well let's see!
http://www.corocoro.tv/corocoro/hobby/index.html
translate google if you would do the honors

OKAY THANKS GOOGLE TRANSLATE PLEASE STOP

but yes its legit
god i hope "new evolutions" means evolutions of old pokemon and not new evolution methods
Exactly what happened with me oh google translate, someday you will be useful. I also hope for new old evolutions and not what we all expect that inkay evolves in malimar by rotating the DS.

The date doesn't matter, someone (slowkingsly on serebii) who actually knows how the website is set up confirmed as much.
Too bad, I was hoping it was true and that we could get some info about the leaks.

In comes the Fairy-type, Game Freak's solution to future competitions.
One Swords Dance in, this guy is where Fairies go to die

If they really were watching the Metagame closely, they should be aware that Steel types resist a whole bunch of types, including Dragon. And now if they make Fairy weak to Steel, Steel types will become the new OP type. And don't even get me started on Jirachi and Excadrill.

Last edited:
And don't even get me started on Jirachi and Excadrill.
+1 to Jirachi being the most OP and annoying thing which should be banned from OU.
On another note, they might introduce more Fire types and Ground types to counter steel in the 6th gen.But I don't think that will make any difference in countering the most tanking steel pokemon, ie: Skarmory.I don't think it is going to die from any physical attacks any time soon.

If there is something I want in X&Y, it's a better storyline. The three best storyline IMO, are G/S/C, Emerald, and FR/LG. These storylines faced issues not yet seen in games at the time. II Generation games taught us about criminals, how they worked, and forced us to stop them(same as FR/LG, but they were more complex). Emerald was amazing. It was like watching a grown-up version of your plight to save the world as two rival teams clashed together. You even get a ton of legendaries! I also like tag-teaming with important characters. The Battle Frontier is possibly the best thing that has ever happened. (I frikkin' love the Battle Dome!)

Now, about X&Y. Maybe we'll actually be facing a real moral dilemma in X&Y? Like Team Flare, out to get $$$, teaches us how certain things work in life. Like earning $$$ is better than stealing it. (XD I've no idea what I'm talking about!) I really want something moral in X&Y. If this region is based off of beauty, why not make the moral of the story about life? Life is beautiful. I'm also hoping you can name 1 Rival. I want the Gary/Silver feel in at least someone. (Maybe a mid-game douchey rival). I am wanting, and speculating. lolol

http://www.bing.com/translator/ is way better than Google Translate, btw.

Last edited:
If there is something I want in X&Y, it's a better storyline. The three best storyline IMO, are G/S/C, Emerald, and FR/LG. These storylines faced issues not yet seen in games at the time. II Generation games taught us about criminals, how they worked, and forced us to stop them(same as FR/LG, but they were more complex). Emerald was amazing. It was like watching a grown-up version of your plight to save the world as two rival teams clashed together. You even get a ton of legendaries! I also like tag-teaming with important characters. The Battle Frontier is possibly the best thing that has ever happened. (I frikkin' love the Battle Dome!)

Now, about X&Y. Maybe we'll actually be facing a real moral dilemma in X&Y? Like Team Flare, out to get $$$, teaches us how certain things work in life. Like earning $$$ is better than stealing it. (XD I've no idea what I'm talking about!) I really want something moral in X&Y. If this region is based off of beauty, why not make the moral of the story about life? Life is beautiful. I'm also hoping you can name 1 Rival. I want the Gary/Silver feel in at least someone. (Maybe a mid-game douchey rival). I am wanting, and speculating. lolol

http://www.bing.com/translator/ is way better than Google Translate, btw.
No offense, but I don't think criminal organizations work by losing their leader and then desperately trying to get him back with a half-baked plan to impress him. It's cool that you can find deeper meanings in your childhood games though.

I do wonder if they need that money for something though

I found something interesting while roaming through Bulbapedia's Elite Four Articles.

Elite Four Member Caitlin states in B/W2 in Cynthia's villa:
"I used to own Battle Castles. Then I became one of Unova's Elite Four. Will I be a Champion somewhere next? You never know!"

I don't really think this hints at much, but given the fact that B/W2 is the newest game in the generation, I'm hoping to see "Champion Caitlin" in X/Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)