Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega Things aside, it was truly the "Scoop of the century" like CoroCoro promised. I really want to see how this all will affect the Metagame. Hopefully not derail it.

The funniest part? Mega Mawile/Absol don't sound OU viable just based on their abilities. If these don't come with stat boosts, I can't see them moving any higher than UU MAYBE.
You must be joking? Azumarill gets by with base 50 attack, passable defenses, and pure water typing. If this MegaMawile evo even just keeps Mawile's attacks, it'll have a great offensive type (fairy), coupled with the best defensive type (steel), and the ability to reach an attack stat of 590 without an item. Even if it isn't OU staple, I doubt it wouldn't be OU viable. It certainly would be in today's OU though obviously that will change.

Serebii & Bulbapedai say on twitter that the new gym leader is Dark type
truly the end times are upon us
I've been waiting for this. If it turns up true, these may end up being my favorite games after Ruby and Sapphire.

What the hell happened to Lucario's design? It looks awful. Blaziken's at least makes sense with the wrist fire and Absol's is decent, but Lucario is atrocious. I think it's the tail that throws me off.

Ugh, I'm not seeing the tweets saying the leader is Dark type

nevermind, I don't think we actually know ye

Just noticed in the facebook comments someone mentioned Blaziken having Kyurem's design, Lucario to Giratina and Mawile to Darkrai...interesting...

AZ
Mega-Ampharos has the hair of the genies.
Mega-Absol has the wings of Articuno / the other form of Tornadus.
Interesting indeed.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
hmmmm yeah y'know I wonder if these megapokemon like "get" their power from legendaries or something. Like as some dudes have mentioned some of the megadudes have things that sorta match the vibe of some legendaries. I mean the theme of the game is DNA or genes or something so this could be that thing. Probably is no shit. And I want to say that I do see the X and Y on Blaziken and Lucario but it seems a little out there. But then again there's fucking megapokemans so anything goes I guess.

Wait they're battle only uuuhhhh well if they are then I guess everything is fine. But in that case I don't think they should call them megaevolutions if they are more like Power-up forms.
No, they are all from the tool 'Mega Stone' / "Mega Rock".

Battle only mega forms worry me. I want Mawile to be useful, not another Darmanitan-Z gimmick. Hope the way to access them is not as bad.

I wonder if all pokemon would get a "MegaEvolution", is MegaEvolution really a new evolution for pokemon or a new form for pokemon, which I am guessing.

Wait, maybe Mega Evolutions are activated only when battling specific legendaries? For instance, Lucario could go Mega Lucario while battling Yveltal. NewTwo could become Mega MewTwo while battling Genesect.

So basically these mega forms can change abilities and typing. I can also assume that all the awesome concept arts of new evolutions of crap pokemon will not come true D: And how many "Mega forms" will there be? Will every single pokemon get one? There may potentially be over 1000 different kinds of pokemon+forms which will be madness. Not sure what to think atm

Wait, maybe Mega Evolutions are activated only when battling specific legendaries? For instance, Lucario could go Mega Lucario while battling Yveltal. NewTwo could become Mega MewTwo while battling Genesect.
They're clearly linked to items

And creating all new formes that you can only use in 1 circumstance is...

So you maybe I'll have better luck here than on serebii since it's a slower thread

See the image right next to megaabsol

what is that? It doesn't look like mega absol or absol, but I doubt it's an all new Pokemon

I'm loving how MegAbsol has the whole two sets of wings as commonly seen in designs for light-dark monsters.

EDIT: @R_N: Might be Xerneas deploying an attack? Not sure though.

I think that these "evolutions" will be linked to held items, like Arceus's plates and Giratina's griseous orb. Also am I the only one that doesn't like MegaAbsol? Oh.. okay.

Megamawile has the unfortunate combination of being frail and slow. Sucker punch being it's likely main offensive move makes it the biggest will-o-wisp bait ever. Mawile's typing may help it switch in on Dragon moves if there is indeed an immunity, but otherwise it struggles to enter even on resisted moves. I adore Mawile, and I want it to be good, but right now this has such Slaking feel to it. Some stuff that sounds amazing on its own, which is ruined by another aspect of the pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)