Apprentice Program: Round Seventy Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Level100Afroman
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Level100Afroman, Lvl100Afroman, Afroman-Test, KG05
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 EST; 11 - 4, 8 - 11 weekdays, all day weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been around the metagame since 4th gen, and would like to become better equipped when it comes to competitive pokemon. I have mediocre battling skills, and would like to improve my team building aspects since that is a weak part of my skill set.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

Why should I be tutored even if I have less than 25 posts: I have been a part of the competitive scene since 4th gen. I have not held an account on these forums because I left the competitive scene for awhile and came back, and started new with a new username. I have been around the competitive scene with 5th gen for a couple months now, and decided this summer to create an account here. Also I'm not the most active person around forums just because at times I tend to get busy and don't linger around all the time. Also I'm willing to learn pokemon from a new perspective & will listen to any advice anyone gives me. I'm here to learn which is why I'm posting here.

Last edited:
Username:Noctri
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: It will be Noctri or Noctrius. My computer should be back later this week.*
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: eastern time zone. Between 9pm and usually later or earlier. It's a little erratic right now because I don't have my usual computer. But I should be available at 9pm for sure.times are subject to change as I will be in school soon. But none of my classes should go beyond 9pm.
What tier do you want to learn?:über, ou, uu. Honestly if I can learn more about general strategy of the game and what to look for in team building for competitve play I'd be happy but if I have to choose I,ll go with OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am currently in College. I am working on a general AA with a focus in arts. I have a pet bird named Honey and he is fat. I have been playing pokemon since my dad bought me crystal in fourth grade. I fell in love with it and even went back and played through yellow after that. I played through at least one of each generation but didnt really have any friends that played soon ever learned how to playit competitively. Now I have friends that play competitively and I'm rather behind and hope to catch up that least be able to stand up in battle for more than a few seconds.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I should be, yes.

Why should you tutor me with under 25 posts? I hang outin the irc and sometimes speak up. Id like to contribute more, but it's hard to when I've never really been introduced to competitive play before maybe a year ago... Not formally introduced anyway. I am a pretty fast learner if a little scatterbrainedand I just have a great general appreciation for the game and want to learn about a different side of it. I'd really appreciate a tutor because I learn faster with guidance and all the information is usually a little overwhelming on ones own.

Thank you for your l consideration!

* I had to send my computer off to get fixed. I will be available until I get it back via Skype. So I will be able to maintain communication i just won't have an actual computer for shoddy/showdown until it gets back laterthisweek or early next week.

Oh and here, i'll be on here too!

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This feels awkward...

Username: EonX-
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: EonX (or some RU Ladder alt I happen to be using at the time lol)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5; availability varies by day
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Already tutor in RU and am one of the more recognizable members of the RU Community. Hoping to learn UU so I can contribute to another tier here. I primarily need to learn more about the top threats in UU and the best way to deal with them.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors? Of course! ^.^

Username: Lasagne21
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Lasagne21
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+12, available 7 or earlier - 9 PM on weekdays, all day (once I've got up) on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 LC
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi, I'm a 15 year old English boy who moved here to New Zealand 2 years ago. I play a lot of NU regularly, and think I've become adept at that, so I now want to move onto another tier I haven't had much experience with yet. I've played a little bit of LC, but hardly any, and primarily with joke teams (Restalk Cubchoo owns), so it would be nice to learn more about the tier.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yeah sure

Last edited:

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Metal Sonic
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Metal Sonic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8, normal school hours is 4pm onward, free for whole of saturday
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 LC / BW2 NU / BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I love Sonic the Hedgehog. I suck at LC and NU. I'd like some help for LC or NU. I have usually problems meeting East Americans due to timezone (Wests are fine)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yeah sure

Last edited:
Username: BananaShoes
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: BananaShoes on Pokemon Online or Pokemon Showdown, whichever is preferable.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (UTC-05:00) I'm generally available from 9pm - 3am and 8am - 11am; however, i can be flexibile and work whenever my Mentor is free.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: While I've been playing Pokemon since Gen I, I've only been into the competitive battling scene for about a year now. After DPPT my interest in the games started to dwindle as i felt that Game Freak was really starting to tap out their creativity. As such, i took a short break from the games until a friend of mine introduced me to the competitive aspect of such. I had always known a bit about the Meta; however, it wasn't until about a year ago that i really took interest in it. Since then, I've been on PO almost daily working on really learning the Metagame and trying to hone my skills as a competitive player. While i know I've come a long way since i started (boy was i bad), i feel like there is only so much i can personally teach myself. I feel like I've more or less reached a plateau: and, i'm hoping that being mentored by someone will really help to get me past this wall that I've hit. I still have so much to learn, and i feel that this program is exactly what i need to truly become decent at the game.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely!
Why I feel i should be tutored: This will be my first post on the forums, a friend of mine recommended this program to me, and I immediately knew this was the solution i had been seeking. While i'm brand new to these forums, i do expect to become an avid member. I'm a fast learner, and i am extremely dedicated to anything that i set my mind to. If given the chance to be tutored, you can rest assured that i will be putting forth my utmost effort. My schedule is flexible and i am happy to work with any tutor you can give me; long story short, i will do anything that is asked of me to help better myself as a battler, and to make sure my tutor is satisfied with the work they are doing. I'm happy to work in a Tutee Talk Forum, and i'm happy to fill out any kind of Mentor review or recommendation that i need to after this is all said and done. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to be mentored by one of your members. Thank you for this opportunity!

Username: MrWinters, both in here and in pkmn showdown
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: MrWinters (yeah)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GTM +1 (I'm Spaniard) and usual hours of availability... at night, 00-04, although I could manage to be in here at almost every hour.
What tier do you want to learn?: LC mostly. Other than that, OU and NU. But, yeah, LC.
Tell us a little about yourself:Uhm... I am a college student, and I'm studying tourisim. I love music and movies, and going out, and making random "tell us about yourself's". Other than that, I've been in competitive for about... a month? Yeah, kind of. But I like it, and I think I'm not doing bad. I have found my niche in LC, and I get to win, idk, like 3 out of 4 combats? Maybe a little less, but about that.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely.

Why should I be tutored even if I have less than 25 posts: I do have less than 25 post, as this is my third. Nevertheless, I think I should be tutored, as I am a fast learner: But, mostly, because I don't understand a lot of what is talked in this forum. Like gimmick, what the hell is gimmick? You guys have a specific slang that I don't get. Maybe because English is not my first language, but idk. And I should be tutored because there are not that many people that play in LC, and I'm willing to do so and to revitalite the tier!

Username: Ulriken
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Ulriken/ GammaRayCharles
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +3/ Central Europe, Weekends, and most evenings and nights. Pretty flexible outside of morning class
What tier do you want to learn?:BW RU, but OU is cool too
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m an American student currently living in Norway. Obviously I like Pokemon. I listen to a ton of music, especially metal, some indie, dream pop, and whatever else comes my way. Basically if it’s recommended to me, I’ll try it. Not too much else to say, except I’m very excited to be getting better at Pokemon!
Will you be willing to do
tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Fa sho

Under 25????: Although I have fewer than 25 posts, I’m working on getting my count up. Since I’ve been focusing on RU more lately there’s fewer teams to rate, but I’m working on acquiring the base of knowledge necessary to post intelligently. I know that as I become more knowledgeable about the game, I will post more, and I am looking forward to contributing to this community.
Also I should mention that I have been around longer than just the week since I officially joined, I've played on and off for about 6 months and am now trying to rededicate myself and really get into it.

Username:crocjoe18
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:crocjoe18
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I am in the Eastern Time Zone
What tier do you want to learn?: All BW tiers
Tell us a little about yourself: well I stopped playing pokemon after platinum. Started again with Pokemon Black and White 2. I love playing the game but never paid attention to competitive battles until now, I have tried making teams and have battled but I have had no chance at all, I think my teams aren't all that balanced and I don't know when to use attacks and build a strategy. So I decided to learn and I know there's quite a lot to know and I am eager to start learning. I am excited to build my team and give it another try I won't give up
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, sure
WHY I SHOULD BE TUTORED IF I HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS? Well, I am a fast learner, have the desire, confidence and motivation to do all it takes. I want to actually know how to battle, know the mechanics, strategies of the game since I've always done what worked for me in the game but when I tried to do it with people in wifi battles or pokemon online well let's just say I need a little work and some good information. 0

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Audiosurfer
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Audiosurfer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, available from 4pm my time onwards
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive Pokemon for about a year now, and I wanted to be able to play in some of the DPP tournaments that I've seen, so I figured it'd be a good time to learn about the metagame, especially since it seems cool. Other things about myself are that I play NU, PU, and am one of the leaders of the Doubles project, I like music (for specifics check my sig) TV shows, reading books, acting, and hanging out with my friends (Also, if you need any other reason to tutor me, it's my birthday today :) )
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely

Also I'm pretty sure my tutor last round talked to someone and said I'd be able to get another tutor since he wasn't able to get much done with me due to IRL conflicts

Username: Moony
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Moony
Your time zone and hours of availability: GMT - 4, 9 AM to 6 PM, 9 PM to 12 PM on weekdays. 9 AM to 12 PM, 8:30 PM to 12 PM on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?
: Wifi Ubers / Wifi OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive Pokemon for a year. Entering High School this year. Favorite subject is Math. I have a basic knowledge of Ubers and OU but I would like to learn how to teambuild in both.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure.
Why should I be tutored if I have less than 25 posts?: Even though I don't have more than 25 posts, I've been stalking the competitive discussions here for a while now. I want to learn how to improve and polish my game.

Only had 1 session with tutor 2 rounds ago.

Last edited:

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Laga
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Lagalaga
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Timezone is GMT+2, and I am usually on from 4 PM to midnight depending on school / irl stuff etc.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi, I am a 15 year old dane that just started in 10th grade here, I like playing guitar, listening to music (literally whatever I think sounds good), and hanging out with friends.. Pokemon-wise, I have been playing competitively for about a year now, and the past 4-5 months or so, I have been playing a lot of doubles and being a part of the community around it, and when it got (semi) official writing analyses, QC member for the tier etc. I have wanted to get back into singles, mostly NU since it is the tier I enjoy playing the most, but my knowledge of the meta is lacking, and thus I feel that I predict wrong often, and that the teams I build are kinda meh.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure!

Last edited:
Username: Deoxymoron
Pokemon Showdown Username: Deoxymoron
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central Time. My schedule is fairly flexible, as long as it's after 3PM on weekdays.
What tier do you want to learn? BW2 UU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been into Pokemon for as long as I can remember. I got interested in Smogon and all that a few months ago. I'm incredibly nerdy and like to get excited about things. I'm a pretty nice guy, I like to talk to people.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors? Totally.
Why do I think I should be tutored? I like to learn, I catch on fast, and it'll be fun!

I was skipped last round.

Last edited:

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Username: Soulgazer
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Soulgazer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6, free most of the time.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU / BW2 LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive Pokemon for the past 2 years, but only recently decided to create an account on these forums. I've mostly played the NU tier lately and enjoyed it ever since I tried it a few months ago, but I really want to learn more about the tiers I didn't have the chance to fully experience: RU & LC. I'm quite active on IRC, especially on #neverused so I should be easy to find! :toast: I also learn quite fast and always listen to people, so I should be a 'good' student :D!
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

Last edited:
Username: Terraquaza
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Terraquaza
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, depens lol
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Trying to improve my skills for Stour, luv Lindsey Stirling

MD was my tutor a while ago but we just had 1 session (lack of time), so i sign up again.

Last edited:
Username: Hichez
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:hichez
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -5 I'm going to be transitioning into college soon so times will very, but I will have time as long as it is planned.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU/Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student. I am extremely fascinated by competitive Pokemon, and would love to really get the foundations down. I'm looking forward to participating in X/Y in the Fall.

My tutor failed to provide me with a single lesson last round. Therefore, I am re-applying.

Username: dbzmariogeno
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Geno or RotomPoison
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -5 Almost anytime (It's not like I can do much since I won't be able to walk for a while)
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Huge fan of Ubers since OU has gone to... yeah. Just had really bad surgery that's going to stick with me for a while, so might as well learn 4th gen since it's the best tier i've tried and don't know much about (and my signature is only half serious lol)

Last round my tutor did not reply to me at all and I was skipped the round before that, so Limitless said I had priority this round.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: VN.
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: espeon45
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5
What tier do you want to learn?: DP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: i want to learn dp ou from the maste,r to become better for the smogon tours also hva a few questions about bw from him with teambuidl
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yep i guess

BKC AGREED TO TUTOR ME

Username: nerdling101
Pokemon showdown! Username:
wahoo
Your time zone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10 from 4:00-5:00 pm on weekdays and 11:00-12:00 on weekends
What tier do you want to learn:
bw ubers, bw ou
Tell us a little about your self: well, I started getting interested in pokemon a few months ago, and found smogon. I love this site, it gives info on anything about competitive battling which I find a great video game time waster, as it constantly changes, not the same old, same old.
Would you be willing to do tutee talk threads with your tutors: yeah, sure. That's something else I will learn about
Why do I think I should be tutored: well, my teams keep failing, so I'd like some help with that. I'm also young for smogon ( apparently this is a college site) so I can give you a unique experience?

Username: Nicktaco
Pokemon showdown! Username:
Nicktaco
Your time zone and usual hours of availability: EST 8:30-10:30 PM
What tier do you want to learn:
VGC13
Tell us a little about your self: well, I started getting interested in VGC a few month ago so i want to get better
Would you be willing to do tutee talk threads with your tutors: yeah,
Why i you should Tutor me because i have less than 25 posts: it created the smogon account for this but do plan to get into smogon later

Last edited:

Scotti

we back.
Username: Scotti
Pokemon Showdown Username: Scotti
Your time zone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 8:00AM - 9:00PM everyday before my school year starts on August 27. During School Days 8:00PM - 9:00PM everyday
What tier do you want to learn: BW2 OU or BW2 UU
Tell us a little about your self: I got into pokemon after i got my first pokemon game when i was 3. Then i learned about competitive battling when i was 12 and found smogon. I made a account at 13, then my account got deleted when smogon was down. Now i made a new account and played pokemon showdown. I got hooked on BW2 OU and UU and wanted to get better at it.
Would you be willing to do tutee talk threads with your tutors: Of Course

Username: keninblack
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: keninblack
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, anytime after like 9 EST unless something comes up.
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC 2013 and soon VGC 2014
Tell us a little about yourself: I use to be a really strong DPP player 4 years ago, now with a 4 year hiatus I can't remember anything really. I got a pretty cheap team set up and I'm doing alright on Showdown but I just need as much as I can to be a competitive threat in VGC. Also, if someone can tell me how VGC works outside of the game, like what the format of the tournament is and what I need to do to qualify in stuff, etc. Also I need to learn where to go to get my team made for me without hacking or whatever.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah bruh I'd be finna.

I'm a competitive fighting player in Skullgirls (top 8 at EVO2013, and winner of many majors) and Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (Top 64 at Winter Brawl 2013.) So... if you have any interest in fighting games, I will gladly return the favor of your tutoring with fighting game tutoring.

Username: Sinister Sundown

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: SinisterSundown

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT-5 My times are good usually after 4pm all week. Off on weekends.

What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, VGC (this one I want to learn the most)

Tell us a little about yourself: I'm just a regular guy that works at fedex. A good portion of my store happens to play pokemon too. Lucky me haha. I like to skate a lot in my spare time. I'm in college for a B.A. in nursing.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely

Why you think you should be tutored: I want to get better at playing pokemon so I can have a good understanding of the game before X and Y come out. I also want to help contribute more to Smogon.

Last edited:
Username: Tetsuya
Shoddy Username: Tetsunii
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pst I am available pretty much all day even in the morning's for example right now its 12:55 a.m
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I haven't played pokemon in a few years and came to learn there's a competitive side instead of beating the pokemon league and training your favorites to level 100. So I became very interested in learning the game. I have 0 knowledge on it so far and I just got bw2 yesterday. So i'm playing pokemon again but this time hoping to be competitive. I like to watch anime and play video games also going out to asian festivals listening to K-pop.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS : I want to have a better understanding of the competitive gameplay of pokemon before X and Y come out. Also even if I have to start from the bottom with 0 knowledge and am a slower learner, I have a burning passion to learn that's hotter than Ash's Charizard's flamethrower.

Username: Gkhan
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: GrandKhan
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern, 4 pm - 11 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college senior looking to brush up on my competitive skills. I used to play rather frequently but missed out on much of the BW2 battle scene and the new Pokemon Online. I have ample experience with 4th and 5th Gen RNG and I want to learn how to put my skills to good use in competitive battle.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)