Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image is relevant. Those with Japanese fluency are also invited to try and translate on their part.

Original Credit: The Pokéjungle Team.
I'm not sure if these theories should be considered to hold any water, especially since the people who came up with them also think Dedenne is a mole, despite the fact it looks nothing like one...

Also, a lunar moth? What does that have to do with a frog...?

Pokemon: Random edition.

Then again critical hits are already random, status effects are a common random side effect, you have accuracy, etc. Uhhhhh I want to say auto focus band, status removal , etc. are terrible but stuff like that already exists soooooo uuhhhhhh yeah it just counteracts that stuff I think.

Did Fairy wind knock out Exeggutor in one hit?
Yes, it's also a much higher level than the Exeggutor.

I'm pretty sure the message just says that it's out of energy/fainted, though. Even without translating, there's only one message and usually effectiveness and fainting are separate. So it seems to have just hit normally.

It didn't say anything about it being super effective that's for sure.
Maybe it's resisted by one of it's types and super effective to the other one?

yeah lol it could still be resisted by psychic but is good against grass

but i don't think they would do that to grass. uuuhhhhh i hope at least. but that would be some funny shit if grass got another weakness.

It didn't say anything about it being super effective that's for sure.
Maybe it's resisted by one of it's types and super effective to the other one?
It's possible. It'd be easy enough to check, though- all we'd need to do is have someone use Fairy Wind against a rival's Chespin- pure Grass- and see what the effectiveness is.

This means that parts of the Pokebeach rumour is wrong. Maybe because GF have updated the type chart after the leak or because the leaker remembered wrong. Hopefully this means that Fairy isn't SE against Dark :)

This means that parts of the Pokebeach rumour is wrong. Maybe because GF have updated the type chart after the leak or because the leaker remembered wrong. Hopefully this means that Fairy isn't SE against Dark :)
All I can say is, the part about Poison being super effective against it BETTER be right.

Maybe it skips the super effective/not very effective message if you KO it in one hit anyways? Like, to cut down on all the messages you need to read to finish a battle. Would make it quicker to get through a ton of weak Pokémon or something.

I really don't want steel to be super effective against fairy. They should buff posion but they shouldn't buff steel. I'd rather have grass be super effective against fairy or grass have resistances to fairy, but hey pokebeach's rumors haven't been false so far. And besides, its gamefreak's game, who am I to criticize, its not like they'll listen. We'll just have to adapt.

I really like the idea that just as we have critical hits in the game to increase offense, we have the chance to survive a hit with 1 HP, to increase stall. That seems so logical. I just hope the chances are the same as critical hits. Yes, it brings luck rather than skill into the game....but we've dealt with critical hits since gen 1. I'm sure we can deal with the chance to survive with 1 HP. But then it could just be an in-game thing...but then so should critical hits if that were the case. So I think we'll have to deal with this competitively.
I'm not sure why poison is rumored as super-effective against fairy, but the steel weakness makes sense as magic beings are supposedly vulnerable to cold iron and/or silver

Maybe it skips the super effective/not very effective message if you KO it in one hit anyways? Like, to cut down on all the messages you need to read to finish a battle. Would make it quicker to get through a ton of weak Pokémon or something.
No, in the same video you can see Fennekin KO'ing Exeggutor with a Fire move and it says Super Effective.

All I can say is, the part about Poison being super effective against it BETTER be right.
It most likely is, considering that Pokemon Smash did imply this in their Pokemon skit before Fairy type was confirmed.

This isn't true, but I wouldn't mind this at all.

@prettycureXD

omg Precure thank you. That Marco's such a character, and I'm glad that the two of them, of all people, thought to test out Fairy Wind. Also, the demo has a seven-some odd minute time limit? I suppose that keeps the line moving.
No, in the same video you can see Fennekin KO'ing Exeggutor with a Fire move and it says Super Effective.
It most likely is, considering that Pokemon Smash did imply this in their Pokemon skit before Fairy type was confirmed.
It's been said before, you can't take anything they do on Pokémon Smash seriously. If Sylveon has some sort of correlation to Fighting and Ice types, then maybe they were trying to make a point. However, it appeared that they were showing off Shoko-ninfia's abilities instead of Sylveon's itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)