Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little confused on what they mean by "illegal" Pokemon. Pokemon with illegal stats/moves/abilities? Or does this include someone who hacked their Pokemon with legal stats/moves/abilities so they could battle on wifi? because if it is, then that blows.

I'm a little confused on what they mean by "illegal" Pokemon. Pokemon with illegal stats/moves/abilities? Or does this include someone who hacked their Pokemon with legal stats/moves/abilities so they could battle on wifi? because if it is, then that blows.
Even if you use action replay/pokegen to create pokemon with legal stats/moves/abilities, their internal data structure changes or is irregular. So they can easily be detected as being hacked. The only thing that is legit is RNG, because that is a natural encounter within the game that is unmodified by external means.

Ok, no one seems to be talking about a major feature of mega-evolving that this Nintendo direct seems to have revealed. I may be way off base here, but the Game Freak director seemed to really emphasize forming a bond with your pokemon to get it to Mega-evolve, in fact I think he flat out stated a pokemon mega-eveolves when you have a strong bond and the appropriate item. This possibly means that you need to have max friendship with a pokemon before mega is possible, which means you cannot just trade for a pokemon that mega-evolves and then start fighting with it
After seeing this and the new commercial, I figured you'd have to put the work into Pokémon Amie before you can MEvo a Pokémon. Perhaps you need to max out both the Friendliness and Play stats in PokeAmie to get synced up with your Pokémon.

i'm mainly pissed about how i have to pay for something that has been free in 2 previous versions, so a free application is by no means out of the question. they actively thought 'hmm, we could probably make MORE money off of pokemon! all we have to do is specifically target people who have played our games before and voila, easy cash!' nevermind about how cheap it is, why should i even have to pay for this in the first place?
Okay check it
The reason you have to pay? Because it's not just a transfer utility. It's storage that any of your games can access, and that FUTURE games will access.
It's all stored in the cloud/servers that they have to maintain religiously so people can access their Pokemon and will need to continue to be around for the remainder of gen 6 and likely well into gen 7.

And it's $5 *a year*. Pokemon Box & Pokemon Ranch were, I think, $20 & $15 respectively; you have to be subsrcibed for 3 to 4 years before you meet/exceed the prices for roughly equivilant software.

The fact it also doubles as a transfer utility is a bonus. And for people who don't have a second DS or 3DS this is suddenly a much more accessible and cheaper method.

AND EVEN ALL THAT ASIDE: There is a free trial period between its launch in December and January 31st where you'll be able to use the Bank for free.

I'm really annoyed that none of the Sinnoh starters were revealed to have mega evolutions but instead they buffed two of the most overrated starters and giving Venusaur a mega evolution that nerfs him. Ah well they are fan favorites after all so it makes sense.

Even if you use action replay/pokegen to create pokemon with legal stats/moves/abilities, their internal data structure changes or is irregular. So they can easily be detected as being hacked. The only thing that is legit is RNG, because that is a natural encounter within the game that is unmodified by external means.
Damnit! Even if I use Pokegen and Pokecheck to get these mons a "legit" way (through the GTS)? This seriously blows. And I suck, suck at RNGing

But it's never been free >.< You've always needed a second console to transfer. Why is this worse??
good point, but there's always borrowing someone else's ds, which is what i've been doing for years now. i like the prospect of an app to transfer them using one ds, but it should be free, period. the fee is for server upkeep, but you wouldn't even need that if you just bundled the app with the game (which would self-install via a menu of course) and have the mons kept temporarily in its save file. my point is that you really shouldn't be paying for this, or even waiting for it. it should be available at launch and it should be free. 5 bucks a year is still more than free.

Okay check it
The reason you have to pay? Because it's not just a transfer utility. It's storage that any of your games can access, and that FUTURE games will access.
It's all stored in the cloud/servers that they have to maintain religiously so people can access their Pokemon and will need to continue to be around for the remainder of gen 6 and likely well into gen 7.

The fact it also doubles as a transfer utility is a bonus. And for people who don't have a second DS or 3DS this is suddenly a much more accessible and cheaper method.
it's a bonus? really? connectability and backwards compatibility has been a staple of all games that don't suffer from hardware constraints while extra storage (pokemon box/ranch) has always been a bonus. it's all well and good if the app tacks faster migration on vs slower 6 at a time, but again (i'm repeating myself a lot today) we shouldn't be paying to transfer our pokemon, and we certainly shouldn't be paying AND waiting to transfer our pokemon.

I dunno if I'm allowed to post this, but it's some sort of X Y related.

Anyway I did a real quik and real rough (especially around the lines, sorry for that, but didnt want to waste to much time on it) to create a shiny mega charizard based on charizards shiny color scheme from gen V sprite, to see how it looks like shiny.

Do we know at what point in the game we receive the Kanto starters? Serebii says from Sycamore, but hoping for an early game timeframe rather than a post-game addition. The tone of the announcements as a big feature leads me to assume it will be show up sooner rather than later. What do we think?

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
it's a bonus? really? connectability and backwards compatibility has been a staple of all games that don't suffer from hardware constraints while extra storage (pokemon box/ranch) has always been a bonus. it's all well and good if the app tacks faster migration on vs slower 6 at a time, but again (i'm repeating myself a lot today) we shouldn't be paying to transfer our pokemon, and we certainly shouldn't be paying AND waiting to transfer our pokemon.
You're throwing a sissy-fit over what will probably end up being $5 per year, judging by the Japanese annual price of 500 yen. $5 per year is such a small sum that you may as well just give them your money; plus it's definitely cheaper than the whole "need two DS's to transfer" mechanism the Generation V games used (at least my friends never let me borrow their DS's)

Actually the bank solution is elegant and with the way everything digital these days seems to end up on a cloud somewhere I think it's time pokémon joined the revolution.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm really annoyed that none of the Sinnoh starters were revealed to have mega evolutions but instead they buffed two of the most overrated starters and giving Venusaur a mega evolution that nerfs him. Ah well they are fan favorites after all so it makes sense.
Mega Venusaur, nerfed? With Thick Fat? Wut...

Damnit! Even if I use Pokegen and Pokecheck to get these mons a "legit" way (through the GTS)? This seriously blows. And I suck, suck at RNGing
Lrn2RNG. So simple in 5th Gen.

And for people who don't have a second DS or 3DS this is suddenly a much more accessible and cheaper method.
Why does everyone act like there would be any need for a second 3DS? The Dream Radar didn't require you to insert Heart Gold into one 3DS, then wirelessly transfer the data to a second 3DS playing B2/W2 in order to get Ho-Oh, and it didn't require wi-fi to upload the data to the cloud either, it saved the data on the memory card (which I believe comes standard with all 3DS) and then allowed you to recieve it when you played B2/W2. They could do the same thing for transferring Pokemon to X/Y with no need for cloud storage or multiple systems.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Why does everyone act like there would be any need for a second 3DS? The Dream Radar didn't require you to insert Heart Gold into one 3DS, then wirelessly transfer the data to a second 3DS playing B2/W2 in order to get Ho-Oh, and it didn't require wi-fi to upload the data to the cloud either, it saved the data on the memory card (which I believe comes standard with all 3DS) and then allowed you to recieve it when you played B2/W2. They could do the same thing for transferring Pokemon to X/Y with no need for cloud storage or multiple systems.
They are talking about trading between two cartridges without the existence of Pokémon Bank. In order to trade from one cart to another, you would need two 3DS systems.

They are talking about trading between two cartridges without the existence of Pokémon Bank. In order to trade from one cart to another, you would need two 3DS systems.
I'm talking about transferring from a B/W/2 cartridge to an X/Y cartridge, which (as explained in my post) wouldn't require 2 systems.

Transferring between multiple X/Y cartridges on a single 3DS could be done in the same manner btw:
1. insert X
2. open (free) app on the 3DS
3. use app to select and store Pokemon from X (saving this data to the SD card)
4. close app
5. take out X
6. insert Y
7. open (still free) app on the 3DS again
8. use app to transfer the Pokemon you selected in step 3 to your Y cartridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)