a regnerator team that kicks ass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone this is a team i came up with quite recently that iv had some good success with i,m about 12-8 on showdown and it works pretty well. the main gimmick of this team as you can see from the title is its a team based on regenerater pokes well here we go

slowking Life orb

Regenerator
modest nature
252 Hp
252 spA
4 SpD
nasty plot
surf
fire blast
ice beam

Slowking and Mienshao are my two main leads and function as sweepers. slowking usually sponges special hits for me with his high natural special bulk and great typing he will often come in on special sweepers such as latios take a Draco meteor and either switch out or set up. he will then proceed to repeat tanking special hits or go on and take one to two Pokemon down with him. nasty plot allows him to set up for the sweep and helps out allot. surf is there as a strong reliable stab attack that can deal great damage. fire blast is there mainly to take out bulky steel and grass types such as ferrothorn venasaur and scizor who will come in and try to set up. last but not least ice beam is there to take ou any dragons that get in his way.

Tangrowth Leftovers

Regenerator
Bold nature
252 Hp
252 Def
4 spA
Stun spore
leech seed
giga drain
hp fire

Tangrowth makes an excellent and my first physical wall me able to switch in to half the physical attackers in the game tank a hit and switch out or put them to sleep. he laughs at other walls and leech seeds them. Hp fire takes out any grass types that decide to come in and stops the seeds (ferrothorn) giga drain is a move that helps him with recovery and stay around much longer while stun spore has great synergy with slowbros thunder wave and greatly crippls many pokemon it walls. Tangrowth is a amazing physical wall and will often tank quite a few hits and set up a few leech seeds before he goes down.

mienshao Life orb

Regenerator
Jolly nature
252 att
252 speed
4 def

swords dance
drain punch
dual chop (need help here)
u turn

Mienshao is my other main lead and often can set up and sweep on the likes of ferrothorn and others and proceed to sweep away u turn abuses regenerator and swords dances abuses my high attack stat. drain punch is there for a good stab move that gives recovery which i need for life orb. dual chop is kinda there as something to hit ghosts with/ break subs and sashes though i am open to discussion about it and need input.

Reuniculus leftovers

calm nature
Regenerator

252 Hp
252 Spd
4 SpA

psyshock
shadow ball
calm mind
recover

Reuniculus is my first special wall and can effectively sweep late game with calm mind recover is instant recovery and helps him sweep much better later. shadow ball hits other psychics and ghost types for super effective damage while psyshock is a good stab move that destroys the blobs. overall reubiculus plays much like slowking and i love him for it.

slowbro Leftovers

bold nature
Regenerator

252 Hp
252 Def
4 SpA

slack off
scald
ice beam
thunder wave

slowking is my second physical wall and man does he do the job well he takes hits for days and spreads paralysis all over the other team allowing for my slower pokes such as slowking and reuniculus to sweep
slack off is instant recovery and further increases his walling potential. scald is a stab move that does some damage and has a nifty chance to burn while ice beam allows me to take out dragons such as garchomp dragonite salamence etc. over all between him and tangrowth i wall nearly ever physical attacker in the ou meta game.

Amoongus leftovers

calm nature
Regenerator

252 Hp
252 SpD
4 SpA

Spore
clear smog
sludge bomb
giga drain

Amoongus is my second special wall and he has great synergy with reuniculus he often times catches many people off guard as they either expect the special attacking variant or the physical defensive variant. spore is a 100% accurate move that basically takes someone out of the game. clear smog basically says no to set up sweepers that aren't poison types which helps out so much preventing a potential sweep. sludge bomb is a powerful stab move that can do decent damage while preventing him from being taunt bait and giga drain helps him wall further helps him stay in as it recovers health.

Thank you for taking the time to read this Rmt and please leave feed back in the comments.

Last edited:
Hi CS! I remember playing this team in an unofficial tournament once, I must say, intense game! The Regenerator cores really add ALOT of pressure to the opposing team, whilst of course, keeping yours healthy!

Firstly, by taking a first glance at the team, I notice you tend to struggle dealing with Scizor. He can U-Turn freely on nearly your entire team! Not to mention can, if given the chance, pressure every member through one means or another (Mienshao w Bullet Punch) I did notice HP Fire on Tangrowth, this aids in dealing with physical threats such as Scizor, however cannot stop it from U-Turning freely. A method to alleviate this a little would be by adding a dedicated physical wall to the team, which in turn helps dealing with physical pressure, not to mention, can offer your team much needed Entry Hazards, which based on your teams current nature to force many switches, would rack up extremely nicely. I would recommend something like Skarmory to fill this spot, since not only can it Spike/StealthRock, it can also reliably recover through means of Roost, which aids in your teams longevity. Here's a set I may recommend, the standard spike stacking Skarmory,

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 32 SDef / 224 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird / Whirlwind

The preference of Whirlwind or Brave Bird are dependant whether or not you'd like it to be setup/taunt bait or not.

Of course I find it difficult to replace a member of the team, since I don't want to take away from your offensive pressure (If it be Slowking replaced), or your teams synergy (If Tangrowth were replaced) since Ferrothorn would then become an issue, so Skarmory is just a suggestion.

Should a phazing move like Whirlwind be chosen, Clear Smog on Amoonguss could be changed for Hidden Power: Ice or Stun Spore (Which when coupled with Slowbro's T-Wave pressure, can make for a nice para-duo with excellent synergy between them). This simply adds to Amoonguss' options, HP Ice has a 87.5% to OHKO Salamence after rocks, whilst dealing approximately 50%+ to Dragonite, ending in a 2HKO.

With Mienshao, something as simple as Stone Edge can work over Dual Chop, since Rock has nice coverage, it aids in Mienshao's ability to sweep after a Swords Dance for your team.

Despite any suggestions made, I believe it's actually a very annoying team to face! A few other suggestions people may want to help with could include; other possible walls or Regenerator Pokemon to add and perhaps Rapid Spin or Heal Bell support for your team. Otherwise awesome team man with an awesome idea of abusing a great ability! Best of luck :)

Thank
Hi CS! I remember playing this team in an unofficial tournament once, I must say, intense game! The Regenerator cores really add ALOT of pressure to the opposing team, whilst of course, keeping yours healthy!

Firstly, by taking a first glance at the team, I notice you tend to struggle dealing with Scizor. He can U-Turn freely on nearly your entire team! Not to mention can, if given the chance, pressure every member through one means or another (Mienshao w Bullet Punch) I did notice HP Fire on Tangrowth, this aids in dealing with physical threats such as Scizor, however cannot stop it from U-Turning freely. A method to alleviate this a little would be by adding a dedicated physical wall to the team, which in turn helps dealing with physical pressure, not to mention, can offer your team much needed Entry Hazards, which based on your teams current nature to force many switches, would rack up extremely nicely. I would recommend something like Skarmory to fill this spot, since not only can it Spike/StealthRock, it can also reliably recover through means of Roost, which aids in your teams longevity. Here's a set I may recommend, the standard spike stacking Skarmory,

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 32 SDef / 224 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird / Whirlwind

The preference of Whirlwind or Brave Bird are dependant whether or not you'd like it to be setup/taunt bait or not.

Of course I find it difficult to replace a member of the team, since I don't want to take away from your offensive pressure (If it be Slowking replaced), or your teams synergy (If Tangrowth were replaced) since Ferrothorn would then become an issue, so Skarmory is just a suggestion.

Should a phazing move like Whirlwind be chosen, Clear Smog on Amoonguss could be changed for Hidden Power: Ice or Stun Spore (Which when coupled with Slowbro's T-Wave pressure, can make for a nice para-duo with excellent synergy between them). This simply adds to Amoonguss' options, HP Ice has a 87.5% to OHKO Salamence after rocks, whilst dealing approximately 50%+ to Dragonite, ending in a 2HKO.

With Mienshao, something as simple as Stone Edge can work over Dual Chop, since Rock has nice coverage, it aids in Mienshao's ability to sweep after a Swords Dance for your team.

Despite any suggestions made, I believe it's actually a very annoying team to face! A few other suggestions people may want to help with could include; other possible walls or Regenerator Pokemon to add and perhaps Rapid Spin or Heal Bell support for your team. Otherwise awesome team man with an awesome idea of abusing a great ability! Best of luck :)
Thank you very much for your suggestion but unless there's a good way to check scizor with a sturdy physical walk then it goes against the point of this team same thing with rapid spin but I will take it under consideration also I wouldn't know who to replace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)