Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Chespin's line will be something like the Bagon line, which means an awesome final evo after the pupa-like middle evo. In this case, I'm wishing for a knight-like one.
If not... guess I'm going with Ninja Froakie or Witch Fennekin...

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ghost actually is the best attacking-type now, most notably Gengar who has Focus Blast unlike Mismagius.
Still Pursuit weak though, and frail as heck (but so is Mismagius).
Gengar is actually less Pursuit weak than before. It has far less to fear from Metagross now that Shadow Ball is SE, it can smack Scizor hard with a neutral Shadow Ball, and can still use Focus Blast on Weavile/Tyranitar.

now if it only got Aura Sphere and Nasty Plot.

Last edited:
So, is now ice officially the worst type?
Not anymore the only type (outside of dragon) to be SE on dragons, and still only one resist, itself. Its good offensive display is matched by its weaknesses (and trolled by every single water type that can learn ice attacks). Rock at least has several resistances.

And now they made a rock/ice finally :D And worse, it seems to be kinda slow and defensive lool

Poison is now a type, yay!
Buff to defensive psychic and [EDIT] fire, yay!
Another fighting resist and dragon immunity, yay!
Nerf to defensive steel, yay!
Buff to offensive steel, yay!
Ghost/Dark now have a weakness, yay!

I think the fairy bug resist was unnecessary, and ice was crying for another resist. I also think normal should have another immunity to compensate for their lack of SEs.
I also don't see the point of the dark nerf, dark was fine I think. I need however time to see that change, as the lack of steel resist to dark may open up several viable offensive combos.

Fairies come in and bitchslap several previously good combos. Dragon/Fight is loled, just as Dark/Fight.
Ghost looks very powerful, they were already good and got better: defensively two immunities are awesome and 2 weaknesses - itself and a nerfed type this gen - and a huge neutral offensive coverage, one immunity and a resist by a nerfed type. Wow this is strong, dark types may be important in this gen even with their nerf after all.

Now someone must go to the chartmobile to check the new awesome (TM) type combos!

I don't like where Fennekin is going, I hate most bipedals - but oh well, at least it seems to be going psychic. Froakie 2nd is the best 2nd by far, while Chespin 2nd looks horrible.

MegaEvos are horrible things to me as a concept, I hate them. Fusion was already stupid, but hey it was only for 1 poké. Now temporary (unnecessary) evolutions for everyone are too digimon, I prefer 10000x times the pokémon permanent "evolution". I don't think I will use them - just look how they pick good ol' Chomp and turn it into an overdesigned digital steroid beast screaming "LOOK AT ME ME! MEGAEVOLUTIONS CRUSH POWA!". Even for pokémon that needed something more (like Absol and Mawile), they could simply evolve them, but now they're ruined and stuck with "MegaEvalatians!". The other ones are ruined, because now Mewtwo is never anymore the "ultimate" Mewtwo, one will always go "meh his ultimate super badass battle warriors sorcerors crushing OMG raping forms are better".

Yeah I don't like MegaEvos :p Use them as you wish and I respect that, but I won't.
The only one I may consider using is MegaPidgeot if it exists, and because of several factors put together: it's my favourite Pokémon, it sucks (seriously 3 useless abilities??), and can't evolve anymore.

Last edited:
Gengar is actually less Pursuit weak than before. It has far less to fear from Metagross now that Shadow Ball is SE, it can smack Scizor hard with a neutral Shadow Ball, and can still use Focus Blast on Weavile/Tyranitar.

now if it only got Aura Sphere and Nasty Plot.
True.
I'm more used to Skuntank/Absol being the Pursuit trappers since I played NU mostly, and these don't give a fuck about Shadow Ball, and Skunk is neutral against Focus Blast as well. If a fast Poison/Dark type appears, it might not be as bad.

If Gengar has Aura Sphere and Nasty Plot, it gets a new home.

Gardevoir also really profits. Quad-resisting Fighting greatly helps her (she was 2HKO'd by most physical Fighting-moves), and no longer Pursuit- and Bug-weak, leaving only Ghost-, Steel-, and Poison weaknesses.

But Psychic did not get the Fairy-resistance which sucks. Psychic could use the buff.

Stone RG

Megas are broke
just read through the entire type chart

BDSKDNQW;LDQEK;F
;'EWF
;EWF
';FEW

WTF MAN

JIGGLYPUFF CAN NOW ACTUALLY SWITCH INTO RAYQUAZA AND HAVE A CHANCE EATING A HIT EASILY.
ok, caps off.
Im serious, this is the single biggest bull shit GF has pulled out of their ass this gen, ok maybe not as much as Mega Mewtwo X but more on that later. I havent ever played RBY OU but Fairy now seems to be on par with psychic types there.
Holy **** dont even get me started on megachomps horrible over-design. On the other hand it now seems haxorus wont be the non-legend dragon with the highest attack.
Also, pseudo-legendary mega evos are coming.

OMG I GOT TO GET OUTTA HERE ;NWD;FMLE'FW

P.D. im still plannning on getting froakie even though its second evo sucks in terms of design. And i suppor the inb4 fire/fighting fennekin base.

I see, Chespin is obese know. I knew it would learn Rollout, but they are taking the things fare too literally now with the chestnut mon. Also the Japanese name refers to candy company "Haribo". Ahhh I see, the name comes from "Haribo" + "oger"..... Still will choose chespin though. Also: it's unofficially confirmed now that the guy with the machine on his back (Gym Leader) is electric type, now he uses the gen VI pikaclone alongside ash and pikachu. Love the new fossils. Team Flare on making the world more beautiful, don't think that would be their main "idea" just like team plasma.

Betting on the scientist names for localisation:
-Giorgio (Armani)
-Ralph (Lauren)
-Pierre (Cardin)
-Donatella (Versache)
-Leader Karl (Lagerfeld)
Making the world more beautiful since 2013....

so basically.

Gengar, already great OU mon gains 1 resistance, gains one super effective matchup and no longer has to carry focus miss to hit steels

Garchomp, a pokemon so fucking amazing it was banned in DpPT, gets a mega-evo because why not

Lucario, another amazing OU Mon gets adaptability, one of the best abilities in the game and even BETTER stats through Mega-Evo

Blaziken an uber pokemon gets a mega-evo, keeps its god-tier ability which is what made it get banned.

Charizard, a shit tier NU gets mega-evo, keeps flying type and needs a turn to set up droguht so it's still fucking worthless.

All steels lose two resistances so Jirachi, Metagross and ESPECIALLY Bronzong (oh god poor bronzong you're going to be in RU or worse this gen) lose their biggest redeeming factor because MUH HYPER OFFENSE.

Honedge presumably confirmed to be piece of shit because it now has to worry about Dark/Ghost attacks on top of fire and ground attacks.

oh and Scizor. haha Scizor.yeah, technician STAB boosted BP now gains another SE matchup. yeah. he totally needed that.

and all those shitty NU/UU bug types. now they have to deal with ANOTHER nve type matchup. I guess hitting FUCKING SIX types NVE was simply not enough for GF. I mean, It's not like they were already castrated by Stealth Rock enough and shitty stats. NO. they needed more shit thrown at them because they're all SOOOOOOOOOO broken.

Gen VI is basically Fuck You UU: The Game.

I'm surprised GameFreak would take that step to nerf Steel types and Dragon types. It's reassuring to know they're paying close attention to the Metagame.

Woke up about an hour ago to all this news. Have been just reading through serebii and everything here for an hour just so excited. The changes to the type chart look wonderful and have me really excited for the upcoming gen. Chespiniata looks really derpy, but I'm sure they'll be some final evolution to make him more exciting ala Pignite -> Emboar.

Also ROCK DRAGON T REX HOLY SHIT, FINALLY.

Gen VI is basically Fuck You UU: The Game.
You really ought to calm down. Gamefreak usually takes measures to make previously bad Pokemon have some sort of niche like what happened to Cloyster in Gen 5. You're measuring an entire ruleset and environment based on bits and pieces of information and a one Pokemon per battle transformation. Wait until we have the whole picture. I've been here since shortly after Gen 4's release and people are usually hilariously wrong about the influence new Pokemon will have on rule sets. Most of the time, this is because they're considering new mechanics in a vacuum as if they're playing with them in the last gen.

Last edited:

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Why the hell is everyone saying that Dark-types are the new best offensive type? Instead of Steel-types resisting them, they have Fairy-types to worry about now, which are going to be everywhere as Fairy is undoubtedly the best all around type.

Ghost-types and especially Gengar will become offensive menaces now though. Only Normal and Dark-types resist Ghost-types and we all know how good defensive Dark-types will be now that they gained another horrible weakness (and Tyranitar still dies to Focus Blast). Gengar will also be able to revenge kill the majority of the Fairy-types with Sludge Bomb, meaning that this little fucker will be everywhere and not just as an offensive spinblocker anymore.

But damn, GF really has no sense of what balancing means though... They take some nice steps like nerfing Dragon and Fighting-types, both offensively and defensively, and then they ruin it by nerfing Dark and Bug types, the first both offensively and defensively while the latter only offensively. The most important thing though now is that Fairy-types have a big chance to become the new Dragon-types. Fairy + Dark coverage is resisted only by Fairy / Steel and Fairy / Fire making it one of the best offensive combos ever. Not to mention that Fairy-types have very useful resistances, excellent super effective coverage, and really minor and easy to cover resistances. At least Scizor will still be able to fuck them up with Bullet Punch so that's something i guess...

It would have been awesome if Fairy-types didn't resist Bug, Ice-types resisted Fairy, and Fairy wasn't super effective against Dark-types. This would have been the perfect type chart!

From the looks of it, Fennekin will be a Mixed Attacker? Chespin is Defensive, which is ironic in itself. Froakie is quick and probably an Attacker. Also, WPM's source has predicted the type chart perfectly. So, no error on their part.

Is it such a huge Neri to Metagross or Jirachi?, I think both are still more than capable of taking one pursuit and retaliate back their defenses are solid and dark moves have low BP, though I hope they get something to make up for gaining those weaknesses (At least Metagross is still the only Pseudo-legend Not weak to Fary types)

Tormian learns a Fairy Type move called Puppy Dog Eyes, it seems to involve pressing the A button and lowers the opponent’s attack.
-Pokejungle

So yes, while bashing the A Button in battle may not help you increase a Pokemon's catch rate, it will be used in Gen VI as "Puppy Dog Eyes".

EliteTrainerXeos (Pokejungle) said:
Something interesting from Pokebeach.com

"For some reason Parting Shot, Geomancy, and Oblivion Wing are listed as unknown types (???) even though Geomancy was originally announced as a Fairy-type move and Oblivion Wing was announced as a Dark-type move. Hmm... our leaker strikes again? Dual-typed moves?"

Just like to point out that Meowstick is real, looking forward to seeing Espurr.

It's laughable how the rumors from Pokebeach we're almost correct with everything from months ago.

I'm not sure if I should be worried about Grass/Dark anymore.

He will get shit on by fairies, fighting types, fire types, flying types, poison types, ice types, and bug types twice over.

Meanwhile dark STAB is only resisted by basically dark and fairy, right?

It's gonna be shitty if Chespin is super slow.

IN OTHER NEWS:

One of the images from the fake leaks from yesterday is actually real.

Confusing.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I should be worried about Grass/Dark anymore.

He will get shit on by fairies, fighting types, fire types, flying types, poison types, ice types, and bug types twice over.

Meanwhile dark STAB is only resisted by basically dark and fairy, right?

It's gonna be shitty if Chespin is super slow.

IN OTHER NEWS:

One of the images from the fake leaks from yesterday is actually real.

Confusing.
None of the leaks from the yesterday were real because they were like a week old

Celitran, noooo!
Jellythorn, noooo!
Skarmbliss, noooo!

Chespin: If that doesn't become a knight...
Fennekin: Kitsune... sounds about right.
Froakie: That's uh... really normal looking.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
And on that day, Politoed rejoiced, having received no notable nerfs whatsoever.
Indeed, it lives to see another day from the peak of usability.

However, Gen. VI is far from fully revealed. We might have seen an approximate third of the evolution families, and know only a few percent of the new moves and abilities. That still leaves plenty of new Pokémon in the shadows. Among them, there could be threats that would topple the entire metagame. Such things tend to happen in every generation shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)