The Next Best Thing v3

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
Man, this is hard.
Thundy-t is such a dried-up mon that coming up with /good/ unique sets is difficult

msox though obvs

I'm like the last person to do this... But I do feel like my set is the best this round so I gotta vote for myself

msox

I mean no offense to the posters of any of the sets, but Wild Charge Thundurus-T is a gimmick at best, and Charge Beam is also fairly useless.

When I saw the Expert Belt set, I thought I'd immediately vote for it, because I've always stumbled over finding a good mixed attacker as good as Hydreigon on my rain teams due to Fire Blast being neutered, and was thrilled to find that Thundurus-T has the same Superpower, awesome off of 105 Atk stat, even uninvested. However, I ended up gravitating more towards the on site Expert Belt set because most pokemon on stall teams opt to attack Thundurus-T straight up than use leech seed or something like that. Taunt is good, but on something so frail that won't be around too long, not that great. I don't see what the extra Attack EVs are doing, as 252HP Tyranitar is KOed with 0 Atk EVs, and Blissey is still 2HKOed with 0 Atk EVs.

Rain Dance Thundurus-T seems usable on Swift Swim teams, but not for the reasons provided. Unlike Prankster Tornadus, Thundy-T isn't going to fire off a +1 Rain Dance, but instead has to tank a hit from Banded Stoutland or +2 Venusaur/Sawsbuck before he gets to change the weather. Sadly, Thundy-T doesn't have the bulk to take advantage of the weather he brings, and is much better chilling with Politoed and Co. I could certainly see this set used on a weatherless Rain team though.

msox

kumiko

formerly TDK
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Voting @SnowCristal!'s EBelt set

Just a note, a 32 HP / 52 Atk / 252 Spd / 172 SAtk set up will be able to do everything SC mentioned and OHKO bulky waters 100% of the time instead of usually OHKOing.

96 SpA Expert Belt Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Politoed: 362-427 (94.27 - 111.19%) -- 68.75% chance to OHKO
96 SpA Expert Belt Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Jellicent: 346-410 (85.85 - 101.73%) -- 93.75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
96 SpA Expert Belt Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Tentacruel: 312-370 (85.95 - 101.92%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

vs

172 SpA Expert Belt Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Politoed: 384-454 (100 - 118.22%) -- guaranteed OHKO
172 SpA Expert Belt Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Jellicent: 367-432 (91.06 - 107.19%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
172 SpA Expert Belt Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Tentacruel: 326-389 (89.8 - 107.16%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

152 Atk Expert Belt Thundurus-T Superpower vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 492-581 (75.46 - 89.11%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
152 Atk Expert Belt Thundurus-T Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 461-542 (114.1 - 134.15%) -- guaranteed OHKO
152 Atk Expert Belt Thundurus-T Superpower vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 314-372 (81.98 - 97.12%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

vs.

52 Atk Expert Belt Thundurus-T Superpower vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 449-530 (68.86 - 81.28%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
52 Atk Expert Belt Thundurus-T Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 418-494 (103.46 - 122.27%) -- guaranteed OHKO
52 Atk Expert Belt Thundurus-T Superpower vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 288-341 (75.19 - 89.03%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

The winner is msox's Rain Dance set! It'll be added to the OP as soon as possible. The next subject is Haxorus.

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

Haxorus (M) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Reversal
- Outrage
- Endure

Haxorus is one of the most underrated dragons. Hehas a strong Atk and a common speed. But it's outspeeded by other dragonz like Latios, Lastias, Garchomp, Salamance. This haxorus is in one of my best teams. The power of Outrageafter a Sword Dance is OMGBroken. Use this Haxorus on rain and win weather war against sand/hail. After that Haxorus is a broken pokemon who can, eccept for priority, destroy wholes teams. Anyway after a SD this haxor can use Endure to tank a move(of specstios for example) and use his Salac Berry to boost his speed. With 1 hp haxorus has reversal, a fight move with 200 power(20 more than outrage+stab).
This dragon is fucking cheap o.o

Last edited:

LilOu

PO poopyhead

Haxorus (M) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Rivalry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Reversal
- Outrage
- Endure

Haxorus is one of the most underrated dragons. Hehas a strong Atk and a common speed. But it's outspeeded by other dragonz like Latios, Lastias, Garchomp, Salamance. This haxorus is in one of my best teams. The power of Outrageafter a Sword Dance is OMGBroken. Use this Haxorus on rain and win weather war against sand/hail. After that Haxorus is a broken pokemon who can, eccept for priority, destroy wholes teams. Anyway after a SD this haxor can use Endure to tank a move(of specstios for example) and use his Salac Berry to boost his speed. With 1 hp haxorus has reversal, a fight move with 200 power(20 more than outrage+stab).
Rivalry is because Mold Breaker is useless on that set. Outrage destroy dragonite also with Multiscale. Rivalry is to boost his move vs a male pokemon(for example Skarmory,ohko after SR by a Reversal).
This dragon is fucking cheap o.o
Rivalry also decreases its attack by 25% if it's facing a Pokemon of different gender, so it's useless. Change the ability to Mold Breaker or Unnerve to prevent Custap Skarmory / Forretress to eat the berry.

Haxorus @ Salac Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
Evs: 4 Sp.Def/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Jolly Natutre
-Substitute
-Swords Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake/ Aqua Tail

Sub salac + swords dance has been a proven strategy with abusers like garchomp and terrakion. Haxorus can pull this off at the sacrifice for a little speed compared to other users for an absurd amount of power. after salac and swords dance boosts, Haxorus reaches a ridiculous 786 attack and 483 speed. In other words, eliminate scarfers with base 98+ speed (though substitute can help), trap steels with Magnzone, set up and gg, because basically nothing is stopping a boosted STAB outrage off 786 attack. earthquake or aqua tail fill to fourth slot to eliminate mons without wasting a turn of outrage. Eq nails steels which are not trapped, and aqua tail can hit hippo, gliscor, landorus-t etc.

Last edited:

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Rivalry also decreases its attack by 25% if it's facing a Pokemon of different gender, so it's useless. Change the ability to Mold Breaker or Unnerve to prevent Custap Skarmory / Forretress to eat the berry.
Oh sry. I didn't know this=)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)