League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

nukeduck noticed that san used his rocket jump to get to his turret and tried to capitalize on it by forcing a fight while rocket jump was down

unfortunately things kinda went south after that because his team was in no position to follow up

basically nukeduck saw an opening and went for it, but the coordination wasn't there

yes man im sure if he wanted to leech skill out of someone he would hug reginald of all fucking ppl

korean circlejerk is bad but tsm retard circlejerk is worse
No, I disagree completely with the second part of the statement.

Remember Dade's Gragas on Monday? If Reginald had played like that, people would be saying

"GG Bronze-level Barrels."
"F*** noob Regi needs to be benched."
"NA is worst."

But because Dade was playing it, the reaction was

"Ozone is having an off-day."
"Maybe they're jetlagged." [And apparently EU, which also traveled across the world, wasn't!]
"Ozone needs an older man like Homme to set them straight."
"Dade needs Homme!"
"Ozone was playing badly on purpose to dispel scouting attempts." [Multiple people said this on reddit.]

Like wtf. When Korean teams do poorly, people are convinced that it's just a one-time thing, that there are excuses for it, or even that they threw a game on purpose. When an NA team does poorly, everyone shouts about how NA teams all suck, how Reginald is a loser, etc. Huge double standard.

I blame Monte, who has spent the better part of 2013 dickriding these Korean teams and making it seem like the Koreans are the Chosen Ones who write the holy books of LoL.

I just hope that an EU or Chinese team wins the finals so the Korean circlejerk will finally stop. It's gotten so bad that people would rather believe that a Korean team throws a game on purpose rather than just that they can play poorly sometimes. Similarly, the anti-TSM circlejerk is so bad that nobody credits TSM for their successes anymore, only claiming that "the other team threw" when TSM wins.

Last edited:
mtr: the anti-monte circlejerk makes me angrier than the korean circlejerk

everyone has been hyping up korea, not just monte. monte hasn't even been active on reddit for about half a year - and it's not exactly like he's a diehard korea fanboy; that's just how the community perceives him

if anything, monte is the one that's been most critical of the korean teams and their performances. he was optimistic about how they were going to do going into worlds, then pointed out flaws in both skt1 and ozone - ESPECIALLY ozone

monte was the first to call out imp on imitating genja; he was the first to call out ozone as "running out of ideas" and the first to say that they're adapting especially poorly to 3.11 compared to fnatic and gambit. maybe it's because he's rooting for the korean teams and that's why he's so critical of their mistakes - because he expects better from the likes of ozone and SKT1

watching the NA/EU LCS and OGN, it's rather clear that korea is the most competitive region in the world - yet though monte was almost certainly surprised by how poorly the koreans are doing, he's not making excuses to defend them whatsoever

i've been a "korea fanboy" for several months and i won't hesitate to say that ozone is playing like garbage (if you've seen me around IRC or if you talk to me on skype then you'll know firsthand how disappointed i am with them). i think dade's gragas was absolute shit and that impact's kennen was pretty terrible in the SKT1/OMG game. i'm sure that there are people who will defend korea no matter what, but the fact is that the greater portion of the korean-supporting reddit community recognizes korea's weaknesses (see: TLiquidFionn, Savi0r, myself) and, if anything, are the most disappointed in how they're playing

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
mtr, I didn't read your rant because when Dade played Gragas, people very much said how bad he was and how he's bringing down the level play of Ozone, he was a 1 trick pony etc. Tons of people criticized him and he's by far recieving more criticism then any other LoL player right now. haha

mtr, I didn't read your rant because when Dade played Gragas, people very much said how bad he was and how he's bringing down the level play of Ozone, he was a 1 trick pony etc. Tons of people criticized him and he's by far recieving more criticism then any other LoL player right now. haha
You missed my point. I agree that people are criticizing Dade quite harshly, but everyone assumes he is supposed to be "the best" because he is Korean, and the criticism reflects that. Nobody ever questions that maybe, just maybe, Dade isn't that great.

Regarding TSM, even in this thread we see people complaining about how Dade is "playing like Reginald"...because even after the Lemondogs game, Reginald is synonymous with "bad."

When an AD Carry underperforms, why doesn't anyone say that he is "playing like Zuna"?

Maybe I was unfair to Monte though...his writings and tweets just annoy me though.

Last edited:
People forget the pressure on these guys. I can't remember who but one of the players vomited from anxiety before a game. Dade misses Gragas ult, Peke is 50 cs up, his confidence is shot. Misses another Gragas ult and everything keeps going downhill. I am not one to defend Koreans but this can happen.

i feel like part of it is just that xpeke is a god
imo it wasn't so much dade missing the ults as peke juking them
people don't seem to be giving fnatic much credit, instead saying that their opponents are playing bad or having off days

Last edited:
i'm sure that there are people who will defend korea no matter what, but the fact is that the greater portion of the korean-supporting reddit community recognizes korea's weaknesses (see: TLiquidFionn, Savi0r, myself) and, if anything, are the most disappointed in how they're playing
goddamn fionn so salty

so salty

You missed my point. I agree that people are criticizing Dade quite harshly, but everyone assumes he is supposed to be "the best" because he is Korean, and the criticism reflects that. Nobody ever questions that maybe, just maybe, Dade isn't that great.

Regarding TSM, even in this thread we see people complaining about how Dade is "playing like Reginald"...because even after the Lemondogs game, Reginald is synonymous with "bad."

When an AD Carry underperforms, why doesn't anyone say that he is "playing like Zuna"?

Maybe I was unfair to Monte though...his writings and tweets just annoy me though.
"going full zuna" is actually a pretty common phrase

as for the assumption that dade is a top-tier mid laner, it's because we know what he's capable of. remember that ambition was the all-star laner for the koreans, and DESTROYED the rest of the world at all-stars. dade is the player that single-handedly broke ambition and is arguably still the best zed in the world - so when he whiffs 3 gragas ults in the span of 10 minutes, of course we're disappointed - because we expect so much more

Thorns what did fionn do now

https://www.facebook.com/events/536701693068226/

@ Sydney-ers. MOBAR happening in inner city October 5

Sydney MOBAR is an event where you can get together with friends and other League of Legend players/spectators and enjoy quality League of Legend matches straight from premier leagues, all while grabbing a meal and drinks together.

The Regional Qualifiers have concluded and six regions are sending their 14 strongest representatives to compete on the world stage. The entire tournament will be played in front of a live audience, starting with the group stage at Culver Studios, moving to the semifinals at the Galen Center (the venue for the Season 2 Championship final), and wrapping up the finals at the Staples Center, the prestigious sports arena in Los Angeles. The top two teams will battle for a $1 million grand prize, their name etched onto the Summoner's Cup, and the right to be hailed as the best League of Legends team in the world.

We're holding MOBAR events for the Semi Finals and the ultimate Grand Finals of the World Championships. With a new venue in the heart of Central, Sydney MOBAR returns with a bang! Huge wide screen TV to catch all of the catch on, plenty of League of Legends giveaways and a special surprise in the works, Sydney MOBAR for the World Championships is going to be the best MOBAR yet.

Time: October 5th, 12:00PM (Event Start) 01:00PM (Broadcast Start)
Event: 2013 League of Legends S3 World Championship
Venue: Palace Hotel (Entrance from inside Capitol Square)
730-742 George street, Haymarket, NSW, 2000

Last year was pretty fun! Screens were kinda set up weirdly if i remember...
atmosphere is pretty good after a couple of drinks with my friends, I'll be going with friends and wouldn't mind hanging around with smogoners~~~~~~~~`xoxoxoxooxox

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm so tired of these Korean apologists talking about how "disappointed" they are in their babies opening worlds 5-3. Hey guess what maybe the other regions aren't trash and can legitimately compete. There is this assumption that the Korean leagues are leaps and bounds beyond the LCS and honestly I just don't see it.

The Korean teams are good and certainly among the best in the world-they've gone 2-0 against NA thus far, for example. But they are not gods and are not significantly better than any of the teams from the major regions (China, EU, NA). Why is it so hard to accept that the LCS leagues are not trash.

Still think C9 or Gambit/Fnatic are going to win it all.

unfortunecookiely, I still rather c tsm circlejerk die more than kr. i stop being tsm fan wen I realized how 99% of their fans r so dum + annoying

is like dealing w/ 1 of those christian preachers who com 2 ur door. wont shut up + rly rly annoying

ps : as a full blood kr, I can tell u guys dade apology was fake :<

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
omg jeb h8s me. i am loyal TSM fan.

anyways first half of group stage done, starting to think C9 was real this whole time, because the koreans vs foreign teams hasn't been impressive. Ozone really needs Homme back today or else I am just going to write them off.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
i'm sure that there are people who will defend korea no matter what, but the fact is that the greater portion of the korean-supporting reddit community recognizes korea's weaknesses (see: TLiquidFionn, Savi0r, myself) and, if anything, are the most disappointed in how they're playing
wait like savior the best broodwar player ever?
edit oh I guess savior is stylized sAviOr so I guess not? googling savi0r isn't getting me anywhere

oh and clearly the reason that the koreans aren't dominating is because lol is an ez noskill game

Last edited:
Even though I am an otaku at heart this is the first time I have seen anyone ever use an anime-related collectible card as a means for gambling.
is a win-win deal, i win + i get w/e valk gambles, i lose -> back 2 jp 4 another card :D

ozone vs gambit (I am not convinced Ozone has what it takes to succeed at the World Stage)

fnatic vs vulcan (NA PRIDE)

gambit vs mineski (poor Mineski)

ozone vs fnatic (Really a tossup IMO, but I think Gambit is a superior team to Fnatic)

vulcan vs mineski (needs no explanation)

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
ROUND 2
ozone vs gambit
fnatic vs vulcun
gambit vs mineski
ozone vs fnatic
vulcun vs mineski

HISTORY WILL REPEAT ITSELF.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Damn Gambit made me sad. But it's k my Russian comrades still have fighting spirit!!

Ozone: kassadin? let's not ban kassadin. what has xpeke ever managed to accomplish on kassadin
Ozone: oh yeah and let's not ban zed either hopefully fnatic won't first pick him and dade will finally be useful
Ozone: i mean it's not like they can pick zed and kassadin right because that would be silly
Ozone: while we're at it let's leave aatrox open cause nobody plays him especially cyanide
Ozone: haha fuck it man let's give them corki too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)