The Top 10 Titans of the 5th Gen NU Metagame [General Discussion]

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
bs no snover????

Do 2 days imo, voting doesn't need that long

Scolipede because it is THE Pokemon that makes Spikes-stacking teams 100 times better, it can easily set up 2 layers a match, can go bulky, can hit things really REALLY hard and has amazing coverage, can become an unstoppable force with SubSalac, decreased the viability of CMMush and Tangela, increased popularity of Jolly Carracosta, Swellow, Serp, Missy...

etc

Jynx
Alomomola
Scolipede
Ludicolo
Amoonguss
Musharna
Sawk
Zangoose
Golurk
Cryogonal

EDIT:
The Pokémons are listed from one to ten.

Jynx
Alomomola
Scolipede
Ludicolo
Amoonguss
Musharna
Sawk
Zangoose
Golurk
Cryogonal

EDIT:
The Pokémons are listed from one to ten.
you were only meant to do that last stage. Now, we're voting for the number one spot, and nothing else. The choices you have are on the last post oj the 4th page of this thread. I assume you want to pick Jynx, but please post reasoning.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Magmortar

ill edit reasoning later. also end this before xy imo or people will lose interest quickly.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Jynx, let's see what she has done to the tier.

Set the new Speed to beat.
Special Samurott run Megahorn much more often.
Seismitoad started to run Earthquake.
Gorebyss now run Signal Beam.
Metang sees much more use.
Liepard started running Pursuit.
Ludicolo runs Fire Punch (not really)
Wartortle running Gyro Ball (well it did happen)

Ice resist became much more important.
Pokemon that outspeed Jynx gain a new lease in life, a big part of the reason for the speedier meta.
Sleep Talk not unheard of on possible Jynx checks.

In order:

1)Jynx - Most influential, sleep move+high SPA+high Spd+nice STABs+Nasty Plot
2)Magmortar - Awesome coverage, incredible pkmn, hard to counter
3)Amoonguss - Incredible wall with 100% sleep move, awesome defensive ability, recover move, pretty much immortal
4)Cincinno - Fast and hard hitter with an awesome offensive ability and a wide choice of items to use
5)Emboar - Incredible wall-breaker with very good offensive STABs
6)Sawk - Another incredible wall-breaker and SR stopper thanks to Mold Breaker
7)Musharna - Awesome physical wall, good setup tank and utility/glue mon
8)Scolipede - THE Spikes setter ! Very good Spd and nice ATK. Possible setup sweeper and SD passer
9)Snover - Very annoying with his weather ability that power up a lot of threats like Walrein and Rotom-F
10)Alomomola - THE physical wall, probably the definition of defense and she can fit in pretty much any kind of team thanks to wish, good defensive type and ability
11)Golurk - SR setter+Spin-block+he can also sweep with a CB equipped

If i've to decide only the first, it's Jynx

I'm gonna vote for Sawk then. It is the gold standard for physical attackers in this tier, and nothing can call itself a physical wall if it can't eat three Close Combats.

smh amoonguss & cinccino in top 10

anyways

jynx

scolipede is a slightly better pokemon now imo but jynx has been around for longer and was the only pokemon to be banned from nu

Last edited:

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Jynx

Jynx has had a big influence on NU during its time in the time in the tier from what i've seen/played (i don't NU much now but i played plenty in BW1 when jynx was as its prime). combination of great special attack, speed, good STABs, and a good sleep move made her a top offensive threat, and Dry skin was just another great boon for her. She's the only Pokemon to have ever been banned from the NU tier for being too powerful, and even after she got retested she was a bit controversial, although she ended up staying in the tier, definitely worth the #1 spot imo.

(BAN ME PLEASE) jynx

"I'm gonna vote for Sawk then. It is the gold standard for physical attackers in this tier, and nothing can call itself a physical wall if it can't eat three Close Combats."

Regirock, Tangela, and Alomomola aren't physical walls ;_;

"smh amoonguss in top 10"

shroom wrecks fuck off

more like smh cinccino in top 10

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
"I'm gonna vote for Sawk then. It is the gold standard for physical attackers in this tier, and nothing can call itself a physical wall if it can't eat three Close Combats."

Regirock, Tangela, and Alomomola aren't physical walls ;_;
That means Shedinja is a physical wall!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)