Pokémon The Best Fairy Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
azumarill is very weak
Are you playing the same game I am?

Ruling out Megas and the obvious Ubers Xerneas and Arceus, the best OU Fairy will probably be Azumarill, although Togekiss looks better than ever as well. Clefable is flying under the radar but is just as viable as Sylveon or Florges, in my book.

As for Megas, MegaMawile will see plenty of use and has amazing power as well as solid defenses, and I bet MegaGardevoir will show up in OU too.

I like carbink because its a rock with eyes.
Can't argue with that reasoning.

My bets are going to be on Gardevoir, it's always been a decent poke but with some better competition. With the fairy typing added it now has something unique over its competitors by having less weaknesses and more resistances.
Though Azumarill, Togekiss, Slyveon (which I feel outclasses Florges) and Mega Mawile may all see light in OU as well.

Togekiss I'd say. Those immunities and resistances make it pretty much literally impossible for a lot of Dragons to do much, where as I think against most other Fairies they largely have a shot and can 1-2 HKO things so they can't reliably switch in, but I think Togekiss can do it better (SR weak or not, it's IMMUNE to both Chomp STABs).

No love for Whimsicott?

Let me learn you guys a thing or two.

This little bastard is annoying as ever when it comes to stopping set up sweepers, and now it walls Garchomp, Keldeo and Breloom, among others.

I was using this homemade set to great effect on a rain team:

Whimsicott (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp Attack, 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hurricane
- Stun Spore
- Encore

I know what you're thinking: no one uses Whimsicott to attack. Well, that's where you're wrong. This Whimsy is so hard to beat, specifically because it can hit back.

I originally took the idea from a Bulky Special Attacking Tomohawk I was using in CAPs to similar effect.

First Whimsicott can switch in on any boosting move, powder move, Leech Seed, Substitute, or dragon, fighting, dark, water, electric, grass, or ground move and nail its opponent with a priority Encore. From there the enemy is stuck in an undesirable situation and Whimsy is free to do near anything it wants.

It can use priority Stun Spore to hit its foe or attack it with the decent coverage GD and Hurricane provide. With no priority and no speed EVs on GD, it will often recover any lost HP along side Leftovers. If the opponent switches out, that mon will be hit by Stun Spore, or you can always out predict with the appropriate attacking move, or switch out to a set up sweeper of your own.

If Leftovers has done its job to fool to opponent into thinking Whimsy is purely a support mon, it might switch to a grass type to absorb the Stun Spore, it might be met with a speedy Hurricane instead. It is also worth noting, Whimsicott outspeeds Breloom and OHKOs with Hurricane even without speed investment.

In a similar situation, if the opponent switches outgoing electric type to absorb the Stun Spore, most electric types can only hope to use the now nerfed HP Ice against Whimsy, and once again, bulky, a slow Giga Drain and Leftovers will usually leave Whimsicott the victor one on one against an electric type, not named Thundurus.

And as always, when ever it is in a situation where it cannot win, against a steel type or something, Whimsy can always suicide bomb them for with a Stun Spore, or just run and come back to wreak havok later.

Spread nearly unblockable stunnage and/or murder fools and stop set up sweepers?

Did I even mention the chance for parafusion between Stun Spore and Hurricane?!

Move over Jirachi. Rain Whimsicott has taken your place.

I can't say I've ever encountered such a well-versed type as Sylveon. It handles special attacks very well, can resist most non-super-effective attacks, and can deal considerable damage back.

Of course I'm biased because Eevee and I haven't made wide usage of the other fairies.

Carbink occupies the great niche of being a rock with eyes.

Klefki's actually pretty insane too. It's the only Steel/Fairy besides Mawile, and unlike Mawile, it doesn't need to Mega-Evolve to carry its weight (not saying that it's bad because it relies on its Mega forme, but there are currently several superior Mega-mons to it)

Prankster + Spikes/Toxic/Substitute lets it reliably get 2+ layers of hazards up or use Toxic + Sub to wear down foes it can't directly beat. 10 resistances and 2 immunities for a Prankster user is absurd. Not to mention it gets dual screens and Thunder Wave.

Poor thing is hard countered by most Heatran, though.

There should be a disclaimer, leaving out Xerneas and Arceus fairy, as they are clearly leaps and bounds above the rest.
252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Mawile : 152-179 (50 - 58.88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Mawile : 108-128 (35.52 - 42.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD (custom): 215-254 (70.72 - 83.55%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Rough Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Xerneas : 517-610 (142.81 - 168.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO (+1 to simulate Fairy Aura)
+1 0 Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Rough Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Xerneas : 379-447 (104.69 - 123.48%) -- guaranteed OHKO (+1 to simulate Fairy Aura)
0 Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Xerneas : 450-530 (124.3 - 146.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Xerneas : 205-242 (56.62 - 66.85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

I don't know what I'm trying to prove here. But Mega Mawile can destroy Xerneas 1vs1.

Huh, I wonder who would win a 1vs1 Fairy tournament. That's totally not the way to decide which fairy is " the best " but hah.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Mawile : 152-179 (50 - 58.88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Mawile : 108-128 (35.52 - 42.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD (custom): 215-254 (70.72 - 83.55%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Rough Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Xerneas : 517-610 (142.81 - 168.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO (+1 to simulate Fairy Aura)
+1 0 Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Rough Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Xerneas : 379-447 (104.69 - 123.48%) -- guaranteed OHKO (+1 to simulate Fairy Aura)
0 Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Xerneas : 450-530 (124.3 - 146.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Xerneas : 205-242 (56.62 - 66.85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

I don't know what I'm trying to prove here. But Mega Mawile can destroy Xerneas 1vs1.

Huh, I wonder who would win a 1vs1 Fairy tournament. That's totally not the way to decide which fairy is " the best " but hah.
You're using a mega mawile that gets +atk and +SpD along with the option to use 756 evs againnst a xerneas only getting +SpA and only 252 evs? Good god that was fair.

You're using a mega mawile that gets +atk and +SpD along with the option to use 756 evs againnst a xerneas only getting +SpA and only 252 evs? Good god that was fair.
That's 2 different Mawiles.

The ones with Sp.D are rolling with the Bulky Careful Mawile build and the other with Adamant 252 Atk/Hp.

Anyway! To make it fair.

+1 0 Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Rough Play vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Xerneas : 262-309 (57.45 - 67.76%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Rough Play vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Xerneas : 351-414 (76.97 - 90.78%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Xerneas : 416-492 (91.22 - 107.89%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Huge Power (custom) Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def (custom): 312-368 (68.42 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
lol remember when everyone hated the idea of the fairy type but it turned out to be kinda useful :P I think azumaril will be the best with that belly drum + aqua jet. Back it up with some rain and forget about it. Nothing tanking that except water absorbers and typhlosion (with his awesomeness)

I'm seconding the fact that Whimsicott needs some love and attention. Grass/Fairy is an awesome type combination that seems to be combining two of the most easy-to-synergize types we have. It's not too bulky, but can take a lot of hits with its new fangled resistances, and loves the new immunity to Spore and Co., making yet another counter to all things Breloom. The fact that is can steal momentum like nothing else really can and provide great setup opportunity and recovery through Leech Seed for its teammates is always welcome. I'm just anxious for one to appear somewhere, and hope it does before December 27th; as of now, I don't think it's available at all (strange to have to hold off another Fairy). Whimsicott needs a thread...

EDIT: Mind you, I'm not saying it's the best, just to be clear. I'm just saying it needs love.

Last edited:

Well of course. Were talking about a general spectrum, not which fairy counters which.

Even then, Mawile is fearsome.

It's extremely hard to switch into her without taking a huge risk because of how awesome her coverage is and how even resisted attacks deal a lot of damage.

If she gets behind a sub it's even more hilarious.

Ok... let's see every single Competitive Fairy (in my point of view of course)

Clefable: Now this poke actually does have some nice resistances instead of a ridiculous Immunity to Ghost, and now have a true STAB to wreck havoc (I'm Absolutely sure that this thing it's going to have Moonblast). Also it's Special attack got a Buff and with Calm Mind, Magic Ward and Unaware (the last one i'm just taking it from Serebii) we have a huge UU poké threat at least...

Wigglytuff: NO... this i don't really think that this one can get even out of NU...

Mr Mime: If this thing can have Technician + Draining Kiss, maybe we can have a nasty Sp Defensive Fairy... Psychic Type it's going to scare Poison Types out and HP Fighting can get a nice power because of Technician. Probably can get into RU since it's really outclassed by Mega Gardy.

Azumarill: Actually this one can be a good OU poke. Water type has always been a nice type, and paired with Fairy only gives one more Weakness and adds 3 resistances and one immunity. Yep it's really sluggish but i think it should be able to deal with the dragons if you manage to switch in safely.

Granbull: It's outclassed heavily by Azumarill so, probably it's going to be one or two tiers lower than it... So, expect RU at best.

Gardevoir: This one it's going to have a really huge support in OU since it got the tools to a huge success... Mega Evolution - Strong STABS - Nice Coverage. I Can see a good usage of Metagross with Meteor Mash or Jirachi with Iron Head just to beat MegaGardy, even with those two new weakneses Probably OU as well but it's low Physical Bulk and relatively mediocre speed, it's going to prevent that thing from going further.

Mawile: This is another one that can be seen in OU since having the HIGHEST NON BOOSTED ATTACK IN THE GAME it's something, and it does have a nice bulk, even with that poor HP, since it can intimidate in the switch and then getting it's Mega Evolution. Also, even unSTABed, Sucker Punch it's going to deal with a LOT of pokémons that normally can handle it.

Togekiss: I really hope this one can get a little bit more speed... If get at least 90 Base Speed, this is going to be the best Fairy Outside of ubers, since now it does have more resistances, and also have all the tools to be a demon...

Whimsicott: Now this one have more resistances in exchange of that 4x weakness to Poison. I think it's going to be even more annoying but is not going to be a really huge force outside of the thing that we already know of it. RU or UU at best.

Florges: It's similar to Gardevoir but doesn't have mega evolution, have less Speed and less Special Attack in exchange for a little more physical Bulk and a lot more of Special Bulk... But the really bad part is that this poke doesn't have a nice movepool. It does have Wish but i can't see any other usefull support move and it's attacking options are only Grass and Fairy Type Attacks, so we have a Lilligant without Sleep Powder, Own Tempo to Spam Petal Dance or Chlorophyll to have an amazing speed in sun and doesn't even get Quiver Dance. So this one it's probably going to be a really huge force in NU replacing Gardevoir unless it got a bunch of options by breeding.

Aromatisse: Do you remember about a poké named Musharna? Give it a new name a new type, a little bit less bulk, some other coverage moves and no direct Recovery and you are going to get this one... Also... you remember which Tier it's Musharna? Yes, Aromatisse it's also going to that tier...

Slurpuff: This one it's like a mini Clefable, so probably it's going to be played like it in RU now that we can expect Clefable in UU. Also, Unburden can be nice to patch that mediocre speed.

Sylveon: Many people thinks that this one it's going to have a huge success and i think they are a little bit wrong. Sylveon it's really like a Vaporeon but with less physical bulk and no ways to patch it (Vaporeon have two ways in Acid Armor and Scald Burns which can from a STAB Move). I think it's going to be a nice addition to UU.

Dedenne: Really? are you expecting me to say something about this? forget it...

Carbink: It's similar to Deoxys D but with less attacking stats (which include speed) and a not so hot Supporting movepool (at least it got SR). Maybe can be played with Sandstream support to became annoying to bring down specially and racking passive damage with SR, Toxic and Sandstorm. Even with that, i think isn't going to be higher than RU.

Klefki: Who cares about not having a huge speed when you have nice bulk, a nice Defensive Typing and Prankster which can let you get a Calm Mind, a Thunder Wave, a Sub or some Spikes without barely any problems? We can expect this one to be in UU or OU...

So, my prediction is:
1.- Mega Gardy
2.- Togekiss
3.- Mega Mawile
4.- Azumarill
5.- Clefable / Sylveon / Klefki
8.- Whimsicott
9.- Slurpuff
10.- Carbink
11.- Mr Mime
12.- Florges / Togetic
13.- Aromatisse
14.- Granbull
15.- Wigglytuff / Dedenne

If Togekiss got the Extra Speed, you are free to swap it's place with Mega Gardy... Why? Timid 90 Base it's going to be a huge boon, being able to speed tie or outspeed at least some pokes like non Mega Lucario, the Slower Ubers, Heracross, and getting the upper hand on many usually Adamant and Modest Dragons like Hydreigon and Haxorus.

Cya!!!

Obviously Diancie.

Ignoring the obvious, my first thought goes to Azumarill, with Togekiss as a solid competitor. I'd love to see Clefable jump up, but sadly I don't think it'll improve that much.
Clefable may not be quite as good as Azumarill and Togekiss... but I think you're wayyy off when you say it won't improve that much.

Pure Fairy typing is a great asset for Clefable. Immunity to Dragon, resistance to Fighting/Bug/Dark, and only weak to Poison/Steel.

GameFreak also buffed Clefable's SpAtk from 85 to 95.

With STAB Moon Blast, Magic Guard (+maybe Unaware), great typing, and one of the most diverse movepools in the entire game... what's not to love about Clefable?

Clefable's biggest problem last generation was being weak to fighting moves, which were everywhere. Now Clefable resists fighting!

So I'm not saying Clefable is necessarily the best Fairy type - however, it definitely is MUCH improved for Gen 6, and I personally think it will be a great Pokemon even in OU.

Azumarill, easily one of my favourite fairy types this gen. Its power is just disgusting with a wide variety of moves to compliment. Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Play Rough, Ice Punch, Focus Punch, Return, Double-Edge etc etc. Its bulk is actually pretty decent with a good base 100 HP stats, and its unique typing allows it to resist a lot of OU's dual STAB such as Keldeo, Charizard-MX, Blaziken and a couple more significant ones.

Clefable may not be quite as good as Azumarill and Togekiss... but I think you're wayyy off when you say it won't improve that much.

Pure Fairy typing is a great asset for Clefable. Immunity to Dragon, resistance to Fighting/Bug/Dark, and only weak to Poison/Steel.

GameFreak also buffed Clefable's SpAtk from 85 to 95.

With STAB Moon Blast, Magic Guard (+maybe Unaware), great typing, and one of the most diverse movepools in the entire game... what's not to love about Clefable?

Clefable's biggest problem last generation was being weak to fighting moves, which were everywhere. Now Clefable resists fighting!

So I'm not saying Clefable is necessarily the best Fairy type - however, it definitely is MUCH improved for Gen 6, and I personally think it will be a great Pokemon even in OU.
Oh, I'm glad about all that. I just meant not enough to be the best Fairy, that's all.

One thing to note with Togekiss is it can no longer paralyze its Electric type checks, so the whole 'paralyze those that outspeed me so I can continue to abuse flinching' that you used against foes like Raikou and Zapdos doesn't work anymore.

One thing to note with Togekiss is it can no longer paralyze its Electric type checks, so the whole 'paralyze those that outspeed me so I can continue to abuse flinching' that you used against foes like Raikou and Zapdos doesn't work anymore.
In fact, the best way to exploit flinchax is not paralysis but Sticky Web support, which makes faster threats like Garchomp and Terrakion slow enough to be steadily Air Slashed to death, and works against Ground- and Electric-types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)