Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you just use compound eyes and thief, and just avoid catching it? Its what I do with Heart Scales.
Compoundeyes increases the chances that Pikachu will be holding the Light Ball, but Pikachu is still somewhat rare. A better option is to use an Electrode with Static, which increases the chance of finding wild Electric types. I say Electrode because it also learns Thief, which Pikachu, Emolga and Ampharos (the other Static Pokémon in this game) do not. (Pokémon logic, the only one who can steal items is the one without arms.)

Well when its your last pokemon its not like you have a choice is it ^^. Would be nice if having aggron last wasn't a guaranteed loss against such pokemon.
You could say that about any Pokemon though...

On another note, are Sky Plate and Sharp Beak essentially the same in terms of boosting flying attacks? Are there any advantages (no matter how little) to having one over the other?

Thanks for the response folks! On the super training, is there a limit to how many times you can do it with a specific pokemon or can you do it as many times as you want...?

Also, if you are infected with Pokerus, does it still work like it would with normal battles?

Thanks for the response folks! On the super training, is there a limit to how many times you can do it with a specific pokemon or can you do it as many times as you want...?

Also, if you are infected with Pokerus, does it still work like it would with normal battles?
You can super train as much as you like. In fact to get things like dusk stones, you need to do secret super training, which requires a full trained Pokemon.

Pokerus behaves just like it did before, doubling EV gains from battle. It has no effect on super training.

I have the Master Ball and I'm possibly heading to Yveltal's location in a few moments, so I have three questions:

For what you've figured out already, what's his best nature, which stats I should get him with 31 IVs and what's the perfect stats numbers for me to know he's in this perfect IVs?

Thanks.

Hey all I been told this is possible atm .. but not sure how.

How would you get Stealth Rocks, Leech Seed and Spikes onto a Ferrothorn in X/Y at the moment?

How would you get Stealth Rocks, Leech Seed and Spikes onto a Ferrothorn in X/Y at the moment?
You can get Stealth Rocks from Dwebble, Leech Seed from Bulbasaur line, and Spikes from Cacnea line. Leech Seed and Stealth Rocks have other options, but those two I know for sure are in the game. Just breed one on until you get a female, then use that as the mother to breed a second one. Get another female, it will have both, then just get the third one bred on.

Breed a Ferroseed/thorn with any Pokemon that learns Stealth Rock in the Mineral Group like Graveler or Onix, and use that female with Stealth Rock to breed with a male Roselia that has both Leech Seed and Spikes (Spikes bred onto it from Cacnea).

Edit: Just to elaborate on milkmimo, since I was preempted.

Well Castform is unavailable. What do you think is a good path from Fairy to amorphous?
Fairy -> Marill (Fairy, Water 1) -> Stunfisk (Water 1, Amorphous) -> Amorphous
or
Fairy -> Hoppip (Fairy, Grass) -> Phantump (Grass, Amorphous) -> Amorphous

Those are the two easiest paths, as they are the shortest to not require Friend Safari.

What balls would be good for the Fennekin line? (I'm catching female Braixens in the Friend Safari.) I was thinking Repeat and Premier.

Fairy -> Marill (Fairy, Water 1) -> Stunfisk (Water 1, Amorphous) -> Amorphous
or
Fairy -> Hoppip (Fairy, Grass) -> Phantump (Grass, Amorphous) -> Amorphous

Those are the two easiest paths, as they are the shortest to not require Friend Safari.
Ty. I'll haz my perfect Ralts!
Then i'lll Matsuda for the rest of my life with it.

Can aegislash's ability be changed with worry seed, simple beam, etc.? Just wondering as it seems like Stance Change is pretty integral to its design and pokemon like Slaking couldn't have their ability changed like this in Gen 5

How do I get spikes on a Chestnaught? I thought it was through the Move ReLearner but Chespein can't learn it. Do I have to wait until it evolves?

Are Sky Plate and Sharp Beak essentially the same in terms of boosting flying attacks? Are there any advantages (no matter how little) to having one over the other?
The plates and the type enhancers (Miracle Seed, Charcoal, Soft Sand, Poison Barb, Magnet, Mystic Water, Hard Stone, Sharp Beak, Never Melt Ice, Silver Powder, Spell Tag, Black Belt, Dragon Fang, Twisted Spoon, Black Glasses, Metal Coat; not sure what Fairy's is) are identical. The only advantage to there being multiple ones is to bypass the Item Clause, in a similar way to using both Black Sludge and Leftovers. Since the plates are more common, you could always use the Sharp Beak and hope that any opponent who finds it using Frisk has never heard of it before!

The boost is also identical to the one given by the Expert Belt, as well; they're all 20%.

Last edited:
What are people using for calculations? I've been doing them manually but there seems to be a calculator of some sort everyone else is using (I'm assuming, based on consistency in formatting) and that I am unaware of.

What are people using for calculations? I've been doing them manually but there seems to be a calculator of some sort everyone else is using (I'm assuming, based on consistency in formatting) and that I am unaware of.
Manually? Man, that's intense. Honkalculator is always the goto calculator for us. It's even customizable, so there's no problem tweaking things for Gen VI Pokémon and moves that they don't have yet (especially useful for Mega Evolutions, since you can edit base stats).

Been trying to google for how to get more leftovers but not finding anything useful.

As far all i found is maybe a pokemon that is level 91+ with the ability may find it

So does anyone know how to get more then 1 leftover without buying a 2nd 3ds and game?

Been trying to google for how to get more leftovers but not finding anything useful.

As far all i found is maybe a pokemon that is level 91+ with the ability may find it

So does anyone know how to get more then 1 leftover without buying a 2nd 3ds and game?
Have you really searched for it? We wouldn't call it a reliable source, but one of them at GameFAQs says that the Pick Up table appears to be the same as in BW2 except for the Prism Scale he has not found yet.

We have to confirm this eventually, but still, a Pick Up above Lv 80 is the best bet when not having a second console.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So what's the deal with Blaziken? Why do we keep treating it as if it's an OU Pokemon, yet it has been insta banned from both 6th Gen ladders without any sort of test? Seems almost like a waste that we're giving it a preview and everything if it's just going to be banned until PokeBank is released (or that's what I'm assuming at least).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)