XY Omnibus Information Thread

Rank 10 Defense cannot be obtained naturally on anything else? You have not heard of Shuckle, have you?

On the side though, I do think the Huge Power increase for Megas might be a little much, considering Rank 10 Attack can't be obtained naturally on anything else (neither can 10 Defense, but that's not nearly as much of an issue as Attack). Tyranitar, Abomasnow, and Scizor I think we can keep the proposed buffs for and if they turn out to be broken, then we can fix them.
Suckle gets Rank 10 naturally. I think you should see the stats, MMedicham gets +1 SpA, +2 Atk, +20 Spe, not gain in bulk and actually not a significant increase in damage either (5 Atk -> 7 Atk = +2.5 dmg) along (and this is the most important part) no new ability, compare to MGarchomp which gets +2 Atk, +1 Def, +2 SpA at the cost of 10 Spe with potential +2 to Ground/Rock/Steel moves, remember you can only have 10 Atk if you go + Atk, which means you either sacrifice Bulk, Speed o (more likely) SpA which means that you end up with a mon with subpar bulk (90/3/3) and with two abilities, rank 7 Atk is nothing special when Mega and you're better with other alternatives

MMawile is actually the biggest winner here since she has 4 abilities but her bulk is still only ok (good defense along Intimidate but 90/3 SpD is not gonna make her any favors) and again she forfeits any chance to go mixed if she goes +Atk (and she really needs the boost since otherwise her stats are awful for a mega with 90/6/5/2/3/xx compared to something like Scizor's 100/6/5/3/4/xx or Lucario's 100/6/3/5/3/115 it's severely outclassed on the rol (and it's unfair she misses on the Atk boost only for the wording of the ability), also remember, rank 10 Atk is +3/+4 BP respectively, which is in like with gaining an ability akin to Though Claws (compare to Houndoom and Manectric and they get a similar boost)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Changing the topic I guess, but a few policy issues I guess we should handle:
  • Pokémon who previously did not have Hidden Abilities that gained Hidden Abilities this Generation.
  • Gen VI Pokémon with Egg Moves.
The first point should be resolved by making those Pokémon go from N/A AC (Ability Counters, the replacement to Dream Counters) to 0/5 AC, i.e., their new abilities should not be unlocked. Since they never received any AC throughout the time they have been in the game, & hence it makes sense. This will affect the following Pokémon with their new abilities:
  • Plusle - Lightningrod
  • Minun - Volt Absorb
  • Kecleon - Protean
  • Duskull - Frisk
  • Dusclops - Frisk
  • Starly I guess? idk - Reckless
  • Dusknoir - Frisk
  • Ferroseed - Anticipation
  • Ferrothorn - Anticipation
The second point should be resolved by the precedent of Staryu through making them learn as many Egg Moves as possible up to 5, but if they do not have 5 Egg Moves, then make the last few moves extra TM's or Level-up moves or whatever (Deck's choice I guess?). For reference, the below Hide Tag has a list of confirmed Egg Moves for each Pokémon:
Chespin: Belly Drum (?), Curse, Quick Guard, Spikes, Synthesis
Fennekin: Heat Wave, Hypnosis, Magic Coat, Wish
Froakie: Camouflage, Mud Sport (?), Toxic Spikes, Water Sport
Bunnelby: Defense Curl, Rollout, Spikes
Fletchling: Quick Guard
Scatterbug: Rage Powder
Litleo: Entrainment, Fire Spin, Snatch, Yawn
Flabébé: Captivate, Copycat
Skiddo: Rollout
Pancham: Foul Play, Me First, Quick Guard
Furfrou: Captivate, Refresh, Work Up
Espurr: Assist, Barrier, Trick, Yawn
Honedge: All Known Egg Moves are pre-25 moves
Spritzee: Captivate, Disable, Refresh, Wish
Swirlix: After You, Belly Drum, Copycat, Yawn
Inkay: Camouflage, Destiny Bond
Binacle: Helping Hand, Tickle, Water Sport
Skrelp: Acid Armor, Haze, Play Rough, Toxic Spikes, Venom Drench
Clauncher: Endure, Entrainment, Helping Hand
Helioptile: Agility, Camouflage, Glare
Tyrunt: Crunch, Curse, Dragon Dance, Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Poison Fang, Thunder Fang
Amaura: Discharge, Haze, Mirror Coat
Hawlucha: Ally Switch, Baton Pass, Entrainment, Me First, Quick Guard
Dedenne: Covet, Helping Hand
Carbink: N/A
Goomy: Acid Armor, Counter, Curse, Iron Tail, Poison Tail
Klefki: Iron Defense, Thief
Phantump: Bestow, Grudge, Imprison, Venom Drench
Pumpkaboo: Destiny Bond, Disable
Bergmite: Mirror Coat, Mist, Recover
Noibat: Switcheroo
Xerneas: N/A
Yveltal: N/A
Zygarde: N/A

If I missed anything, let me know & I will add them if possible.

Who agrees with these, etc.

Last edited:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Spikes is also an Egg move for Froakie. I'll keep trawling /Research.
Noted and added. I had doubts given it was a heart scale move on greninja iirc? But yeah.

I also added a few more, like Defense Curl Bunnelby, Belly Drum Swirlix, and a few others.

Moves whose spelling has changed this generation:
  • AncientPower -> Ancient Power
  • BubbleBeam -> Bubble Beam
  • DoubleSlap -> Double Slap
  • DragonBreath -> Dragon Breath
  • DynamicPunch -> Dynamic Punch
  • ExtremeSpeed -> Extreme Speed
  • FeatherDance -> Feather Dance
  • GrassWhistle -> Grass Whistle
  • Hi Jump Kick -> High Jump Kick
  • PoisonPowder -> Poison Powder
  • Selfdestruct -> Self-Destruct
  • SmellingSalt -> Smelling Salts
  • SmokeScreen -> Smokescreen
  • Softboiled -> Soft-Boiled
  • SolarBeam -> Solar Beam
  • SonicBoom -> Sonic Boom
  • ThunderPunch -> Thunder Punch
  • ThunderShock -> Thunder Shock
  • ViceGrip -> Vice Grip
These are the ones I have found so far. If anyone finds any more, let us all know.

Also, in keeping with these spelling changes, I believe ShadowStrike should change to Shadow Strike, but since it is a CAP-exclusive move, I won't do that until I get the A-OK.

EDIT:
  • Sand-Attack -> Sand Attack

Last edited:

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Unobtainable Pokemon TMs Ruling:

Currently, some previous Pokemon in Gen VI are not obtainable, and therefore we don't have their learnsets. Until we get better data, they will have access to any repeat TM / Tutor from previous generations they have had access to.
This came up on IRC and needed clarification. Therefore:

When selecting your TMs for a new Pokemon that is unobtainable in XY at the moment and is thus lacking substantial data on it's movepool, assume that any move the Pokemon learnt in Black/White and is a TM in XY will be a valid TM choice for your new Pokemon, and will also cost only 2 MC to purchase.

This should resolve any confusion in the quote.

I'm sorry if I'm out of place here, but when will you guys add Hyperspace Hole and Steam Eruption, Hoopa's and Volcanion's respective signature moves? I know they haven't been released, but Metronome IS a thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)