Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder!

Why the HELL did he earthquake a dragonite? Also no spore on smeargle?
If you use banded Dnite then earthquake is pretty common

I just saw a freaking Pikachu. And no, it didn't have light ball, it had air balloon. If they wanted an electric type, use like thundurus T or Jolteon.

Misdreavus... That sucker wrecked half of my team before losing to Alice (Vaporeon).
As odd as it is Nasty Plot Lucario is pretty decent. Replaced him with Terrakion.

The amount of dumbness you see while spectating is hilarious.

Example, first turn of a match, Tyranitar is out against Starmie. Tyranitar mega-evolves and Rock Polishes while Starmie tries to burn it with Scald, but fails. Mega-Tyranitar, a Pokemon with 164 base Attack, then tries to hit Starmie with Foul Play.

Starmie won through Recover spam and Scald.

Unfortunately, I think I myself did something deserving of this thread. My friend normally plays Doubles, and I never had, so I used my OU team instead. So I thought hey, if it's doubles, I should open with an Earthquake Excadrill and something that's immune to ground.

The Pokémon I paired it with was an Air Balloon Heatran. The Excadrill had 0 speed EVs.

It was only when I had ordered the first attack that I realised the flaw in my plan.

I just saw a Charizard with a moveset consisting of Flamethrower, Air Slash, Dragon Pulse, and ANCIENTPOWER (Does Zard even get Ancientpower?). It did not have a choice item or a life orb, and it was not the mega on the team, so... I think I found a true Charizard fanboy...

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
I just saw a Charizard with a moveset consisting of Flamethrower, Air Slash, Dragon Pulse, and ANCIENTPOWER (Does Zard even get Ancientpower?). It did not have a choice item or a life orb, and it was not the mega on the team, so... I think I found a true Charizard fanboy...
Yea, it's an egg move. Also, a true Charizard fanboy would use 4 Fire moves.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankoubeta-60084805

Heatran used Earth Power!
The foe's Granbull lost 71.1% of its health!
The foe's Granbull used Charm!
Heatran's Attack harshly fell!
Jonesing: >not iron head
muh shekels: >charm
Doing Research: WHY
NightosphereKing: what are you doing
muh shekels: >CHARM
kuyashii: not a physical attacker, champ
Chimp of Tomorrow: so charming
muh shekels: FUCK JEWDY WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

I love the Showdown community!

(I still don't know what so many were doing watching the one match.)

(I still don't know what so many were doing watching the one match.)
That would be Showderp. For those of you who don't know, it's a series of threads on 4chan's /vp/ board, where users suggest (usually) troll mons to a "champ" and watch him try to beat OU teams.

Speaking of which, I spectated a recent Showderp match where the final battle was a CM Sylveon (champ's) against a cleric Sylveon. The champ won.
Edit: This same match also featured the champ's Mantine stalling out 2 or 3 of his opponent's Pokemon, including 3 crit Scalds on one target.
Edit 2: "threads" should be plural up there, not possessive. I can't grammar anymore.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)