Other Inverse Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.
My head hurts like hell right now with all these inverse things.. I feel like I'm gonna throw up..

Seriously though,This'll be hilarious. I hope this will be pushed as a tier or something. ( I dunno how though)..

Nintendo/Gamefreak/whoever decides these things might have inverse battles available as a battle spot special in an upcoming season. That'll be a good way to push it.

When I made this thread it got locked without anybody giving a reason why. Sure.

I still like the idea of it and would like somewhere to simulate the environment. I keep thinking about how awesome Sawsbuck would be in this tier for having Normal/Grass STAB.

Oh, man, now I'm excited for Choice Band Cinccino's Tail Slap/Bullet Seed coverage.
(Also, don't forget Megahorn's new great coverage. Sawsbuck will love this.)

How do immunities work if the Pokemon would be weak to the immunity without it. For example, Drapion is immune to psychic, but would be weak to it if miracle eye was used. In an inverse battle would it be weak to psychic, would it resist it, or would it just take neutral damage?

How do immunities work if the Pokemon would be weak to the immunity without it. For example, Drapion is immune to psychic, but would be weak to it if miracle eye was used. In an inverse battle would it be weak to psychic, would it resist it, or would it just take neutral damage?
Drapion is Weak to Psychic thanks to Dark and Resist it thanks to Posion slit would take neutr

I can see some underwhelming threats in standard suddenly becoming Ubers or even banned altogther. Bellydrum ESpeed Linoone seems like a good bet. CB Last resort Ambipom sweeps whole teams as well.

Snorlax likes Inverse battles as well, as it can now have a Return/curse/rest/sleeptalk set which has no resistances and is only weak to ghosts. As a huge special tank even Gengar's shadowballs do hardly any damage, and risk getting hit by a boosted SE return. He will be back to OU (in inverse at least)

But every team ever will carry Ghost-type moves because they need to be able to kill Normals. It'll be more omnipresent than Fighting-type coverage in Gen V.
Yet how many Ghost types are actually good physical attackers? I can see Blissey being overused in this metagame, with everyone running the same Ghost types to counter it. Aegislash, who else? MegaBanette?

Yet how many Ghost types are actually good physical attackers? I can see Blissey being overused in this metagame, with everyone running the same Ghost types to counter it. Aegislash, who else? MegaBanette?
Let's not forget that Aegislash is a Steel Type that has a quadruple weakness to normal.

Other than the ones mentioned, Trevenant, Gourgeist, Giratina and Golurk are ghosts that have (relatively) high Attack. Though I still think that a non-Ghost/Steel/Rock with Shadow Claw TM would still be better, just so you aren't threatened by Return/Facade/Extreme Speed.

But every team ever will carry Ghost-type moves because they need to be able to kill Normals. It'll be more omnipresent than Fighting-type coverage in Gen V.
The scary thing is though, Fighting had powerful moves in Close Combat and SuperPower that could actually take Blissey down. The best physical Ghost move is Shadow Claw. Is blissey really taking substantial damage from that? Maybe with STAB, but being Ghost type is risky business...

252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 390-459 (59.81 - 70.39%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I think a lot of you have forgotten that Blissey takes physical hits like wet tissue paper regardless. CHANSEY will be absolutely atrocious to take on, yes, but Blissey will not be that bad, plain ol' powerful physical attacks will still do it in.

I couldn't be bothered reading through all 5 pages of the thread but you need a way to include immunity and here's my idea

Fighting types are now immune to Ghost type attacks, because in the regular game ghost are immune to fighting moves. Ghost types take neutral damage from fighting type attacks, because in the regular game fighting types took neutral damage from ghost type attacks

Poison types are now immune to steel type attacks, steel types take neutral damage from poison type attacks
Psychic types are now immune to dark type attacks, dark types take super effective damage from psychic type attacks
dragon types are now immune to fairy type attacks, fairy types take super effective damage from dragon type attacks

As for ghost being immune to normal and normal being immune to ghost. It could go two ways. It stays the same as the regular game or just make them super effective against each other. Although I'd still like to add the immunities from above though.

I couldn't be bothered reading through all 5 pages of the thread but you need a way to include immunity and here's my idea

Fighting types are now immune to Ghost type attacks, because in the regular game ghost are immune to fighting moves. Ghost types take neutral damage from fighting type attacks, because in the regular game fighting types took neutral damage from ghost type attacks

Poison types are now immune to steel type attacks, steel types take neutral damage from poison type attacks
Psychic types are now immune to dark type attacks, dark types take super effective damage from psychic type attacks
dragon types are now immune to fairy type attacks, fairy types take super effective damage from dragon type attacks

As for ghost being immune to normal and normal being immune to ghost. It could go two ways. It stays the same as the regular game or just make them super effective against each other. Although I'd still like to add the immunities from above though.
This isn't CAP type stuff, this is an actual ingame thing. We can't just go changing around the type chart how we want willy nilly.

This isn't some made up thing we're coming up with from scratch
This is an actual battle style that exists in the games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)