5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Anybody have a link to RNG reporter 9.96.6 for Win7? Also, what is the difference between 9.96.6 and the version I'm currently using which is 9.96.5 beta ?

My friend wanted to start RNG abusing in B/W, he has a DS Lite and a DSi available but he would prefer using the DSi. I remember that there was something with the DSi, but I can't remember what it was.
So, besides the time needed to boot up a game, what are the differences on RNG abusing on DS Lite / DSi? Is one easier/harder to manage?

My friend wanted to start RNG abusing in B/W, he has a DS Lite and a DSi available but he would prefer using the DSi. I remember that there was something with the DSi, but I can't remember what it was.
So, besides the time needed to boot up a game, what are the differences on RNG abusing on DS Lite / DSi? Is one easier/harder to manage?
A bit harder, but nothing too dramatic. You will probably get more than two Timer0 when using a DSi and the time difference between pressing A to boot the game and the actual booting is a bit bigger.
He can keep the anormalies at a minimum by using a good timer like EonTimer.
As for the time difference, calibrate as if it was a DS Lite. The Calibration Tool will tell you then when the game boots so that you can take the difference into account the next time.

Just a quick question, it's been a while since I've touched BW2 RNG. Do you start the DSLite one second before the time like you did with BW or is it longer? I cannot remember

Just a quick question, it's been a while since I've touched BW2 RNG. Do you start the DSLite one second before the time like you did with BW or is it longer? I cannot remember
It depends on how you interpret the timer. The safest method is you trying to aim for a specific time, calibrate and see for yourself how many second you have been off. The calibration tool will tell you.

The EonTimer actually expects you to press after the timer runs out, not before. We, of course, still prefer to press A before the timer runs out and therefore have to adjust it to match our liking.

Do I need to do anything different when not using international parents? I've been trying for a while today to get the shiny pokemon I want, but it hasn't been right once. I'm using the latest version of RNG reporter, and the seed I'm using is 9C95E609EDB0E57E and my target frame is 85.
Yesterday I was able to hatch a non-shiny from the parents with no problems, but today I'm having no luck. Is my timer0 acting up?
Also, does RNG reporter use your internet? Silly question, but it seems whenever I'm searching for seeds, my internet slows down.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Do I need to do anything different when not using international parents? I've been trying for a while today to get the shiny pokemon I want, but it hasn't been right once. I'm using the latest version of RNG reporter, and the seed I'm using is 9C95E609EDB0E57E and my target frame is 85.
Yesterday I was able to hatch a non-shiny from the parents with no problems, but today I'm having no luck. Is my timer0 acting up?
Also, does RNG reporter use your internet? Silly question, but it seems whenever I'm searching for seeds, my internet slows down.
My guess it you're just getting unlucky.

And as far as I know, RNGR doesn't use the internet connection.

It depends on how you interpret the timer. The safest method is you trying to aim for a specific time, calibrate and see for yourself how many second you have been off. The calibration tool will tell you.

The EonTimer actually expects you to press after the timer runs out, not before. We, of course, still prefer to press A before the timer runs out and therefore have to adjust it to match our liking.
I know how the RNG works, I've never used eon timer to RNG on my ds lite before as I've always used the seconds timer on the in-ds clock.

All I want to know is whether the difference between the time RNG reporter (eg. 11.25.25) and the time pressed (11.25.24) is longer for bw2 than it is bw (which like the example, was 1 second). I've done RNG in bw2 before, I just cannot remember what i did because the amount of RNG-ing I done it was minimal.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It's because there are more timer0s within that second than BW1, not that there's a difference between the time of RNGR and your DS Lite (it's still one second).

Regarding B/W2 entralink IV frames:
CGear seeds no longer exist, turning on the CGear advances the IVRNG by 2 frames and advances the PIDRNG like usual.

Entralink starts on IV frame 25
I'm a bit confused in this. When I start the game and turn on the C-Gear, am I on IV frame 1 + 2 = 3?
From there, when I transport to entralink I start at frame 25 regardless of the IV frame I was or I will be on 3 + 25 = 27 IV frame?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Regarding B/W2 entralink IV frames:

I'm a bit confused in this. When I start the game and turn on the C-Gear, am I on IV frame 1 + 2 = 3?
From there, when I transport to entralink I start at frame 25 regardless of the IV frame I was or I will be on 3 + 25 = 27 IV frame?
You'll be on frame 25.

ManlySylveon

Banned deucer.
Hi everybody,

Made an account specifically to query this as I've been having some trouble.

I'm trying to acquire a shiny Sandile as it's my favourite shiny. I'm using White version and a 3DS (previously was using White 2 but then found out about Timer0). I've calibrated and consistently got the same result, which is a Timer0 of 12BB, a VCount of 90, a VFrame of 8 and a GxStat of 6.

According to my search I can hit a shiny jolly 31 speed Sandile at 07:12:16 on the 1st of November. My starting frame is 44 and my target frame is 153 so with the difference being 109, I do 108 advances with the Chatot(s) and then use sweet scent, right? I'm confused because after multiple attempts the only quality of the Sandile I can get to match my target frame is the 'alert to sounds' trait. The natures aren't good. I aim to start the game at 07:12:08 to account for the delay that comes with using a 3DS. I've tried hitting slightly under and over my target frame with Chatot(s) and I've also tried a slight early/late hit timer wise, but to no avail. Sometimes I find Yamask instead of Sandile, despite setting the encounter slot to 0.

Any ideas as to where I'm going wrong? I've been calibrating using my laptop clock. The only issue I had was the timer fluctuates between 7 to 9 seconds delay, though 8 is the most common. This didn't affect my 3DS calibration information though.

Is breeding RNG easier in terms of achieving shininess? That's the most important thing to me. If there's an easier way to RNG where I can guarantee the shininess despite timing issues, I'd appreciate knowing how. The closest I got was on White 2 when I managed to hit my Timer0 and encountered a Jolly Sandile but again it wasn't shiny, which was frustrating.

I've looked thoroughly at the guides and can't understand where I'm going wrong. I use the IVs (Standard Seed) feature on the time finder and Gen 5 PIDRNG on the main reporter, following the guides advice.

I have a question. After completing RNG abuse via breeding does trading the Pokemon revert the IVs or is something else the cause? I breeded two Pokemon via RNG abuse and traded them over to someone, and they reported that the IVs were different from what I got, and I made sure everything was good to go. I also RNGed an Eevee yet I didn't trade that and its IVs are exactly what I RNGed for. Could trading an RNGed Pokemon mess up the IVs or is there something else contributing to this?

I have a question. After completing RNG abuse via breeding does trading the Pokemon revert the IVs or is something else the cause? I breeded two Pokemon via RNG abuse and traded them over to someone, and they reported that the IVs were different from what I got, and I made sure everything was good to go. I also RNGed an Eevee yet I didn't trade that and its IVs are exactly what I RNGed for. Could trading an RNGed Pokemon mess up the IVs or is there something else contributing to this?
Not possible. Trading an Egg only affects it's chances of being Shiny, not it's IVs.
This most likely because you did not hit your correct Timer0/Frame.

If you want to verify, then make a copy of the Egg you RNG'd for using AR. Then, trade the copy to someone.
Hatch both the eggs, and compare their IVs. You'd notice they're the same.

Not possible. Trading an Egg only affects it's chances of being Shiny, not it's IVs.
This most likely because you did not hit your correct Timer0/Frame.

If you want to verify, then make a copy of the Egg you RNG'd for using AR. Then, trade the copy to someone.
Hatch both the eggs, and compare their IVs. You'd notice they're the same.
Alright. Thank you.

Hi everybody,

Made an account specifically to query this as I've been having some trouble.

I'm trying to acquire a shiny Sandile as it's my favourite shiny. I'm using White version and a 3DS (previously was using White 2 but then found out about Timer0). I've calibrated and consistently got the same result, which is a Timer0 of 12BB, a VCount of 90, a VFrame of 8 and a GxStat of 6.

According to my search I can hit a shiny jolly 31 speed Sandile at 07:12:16 on the 1st of November. My starting frame is 44 and my target frame is 153 so with the difference being 109, I do 108 advances with the Chatot(s) and then use sweet scent, right? I'm confused because after multiple attempts the only quality of the Sandile I can get to match my target frame is the 'alert to sounds' trait. The natures aren't good. I aim to start the game at 07:12:08 to account for the delay that comes with using a 3DS. I've tried hitting slightly under and over my target frame with Chatot(s) and I've also tried a slight early/late hit timer wise, but to no avail. Sometimes I find Yamask instead of Sandile, despite setting the encounter slot to 0.

Any ideas as to where I'm going wrong? I've been calibrating using my laptop clock. The only issue I had was the timer fluctuates between 7 to 9 seconds delay, though 8 is the most common. This didn't affect my 3DS calibration information though.

Is breeding RNG easier in terms of achieving shininess? That's the most important thing to me. If there's an easier way to RNG where I can guarantee the shininess despite timing issues, I'd appreciate knowing how. The closest I got was on White 2 when I managed to hit my Timer0 and encountered a Jolly Sandile but again it wasn't shiny, which was frustrating.

I've looked thoroughly at the guides and can't understand where I'm going wrong. I use the IVs (Standard Seed) feature on the time finder and Gen 5 PIDRNG on the main reporter, following the guides advice.
Deserves a separate post in my opinion.

If you could post your full SEED it would certainly help a lot.

Here's what I think is the cause of your trouble: your startup time.
I always subtracted 7 seconds from my Target Seconds on my 3DS, not 8. I've tested this, and can assure you that 7 is more accurate for a 3DS.
Thus, I can say that you are most likely missing your desired seconds, even though you are hitting the correct Timer0.

Also, it may be that your TID/SID is incorrect.

Use EonTimer's 4th Gen Timer to RNG for Standard Seeds in BW(2).
So, since your Target second is 16, you'd wanna aim for 9 seconds. Now, change the Inputs in EonTimer's 4th Gen Tab, such that you get 69:00 on the Screen (one min + 9 s = 60 s + 9 s = 69 s). If I set the Calibrated Delay to 527, and the rest to 0, I get 69:00 in the Timer.

I don't know if I should be asking this here, but...

Soooo I decided to finally hunker down and try this RNG thingy for BW (non C-Gear). I purposefully didn't catch any legendaries or start the Thundurus event in-game so I could do this at some point. My question is does the rain that Thundurus makes advance the PID frame by about 60 seconds or is it just "normal" rain that does that?

Reason I asked is because I shot for this seed:

9A87A167E2B7C986 | Frame 1 | IVs: 31/24/30/31/27/31 | HP Ice 68 | 2/17/2012 @ 2:58:04

I saved right at the front door inside the old couple's house where the event takes place so I could basically press down on the D-Pad and the event would finish. I had 2 Chatot just in case, though. I hit my seed and, when I caught Thundurus, I was shocked that I hit exactly what I posted above with a Calm nature. I thought for sure the PID frame would be stupid high thanks to Thundurus' rain and that I'd have to find my SSF, do frame advances etc etc etc.

I don't know if I should be asking this here, but...

Soooo I decided to finally hunker down and try this RNG thingy for BW (non C-Gear). I purposefully didn't catch any legendaries or start the Thundurus event in-game so I could do this at some point. My question is does the rain that Thundurus makes advance the PID frame by about 60 seconds or is it just "normal" rain that does that?

Reason I asked is because I shot for this seed:

9A87A167E2B7C986 | Frame 1 | IVs: 31/24/30/31/27/31 | HP Ice 68 | 2/17/2012 @ 2:58:04

I saved right at the front door inside the old couple's house where the event takes place so I could basically press down on the D-Pad and the event would finish. I had 2 Chatot just in case, though. I hit my seed and, when I caught Thundurus, I was shocked that I hit exactly what I posted above with a Calm nature. I thought for sure the PID frame would be stupid high thanks to Thundurus' rain and that I'd have to find my SSF, do frame advances etc etc etc.
To answer your question, the Rain that the Roamer causes advances the PID RNG by 60 frames (approximately) per second. Now, the "normal" rain/snow also cause the PIDRNG frame to advance.

BTW I'm not sure what you mean by this:
I hit my seed and, when I caught Thundurus, I was shocked that I hit exactly what I posted above with a Calm nature
I think you are getting confused. There are two separate RNGs in BW(2). One is the IV RNG which decides the IVs of the Pokemon in question and the other is the PID RNG, which determines what will be the Nature, PID, Ability, Gender, etc. of the Pokemon.

ManlySylveon

Banned deucer.
Forgive me as I don't know how to quote you directly CodeBreaker, but I'm back after no success to ask for help again. This time I have all the information about my target seed. Just reassurance that I'm doing the process right will be motivation to keep at this. I calibrated again with identical results for Timer0, VCount, GxStat and VFrame (12BB, 90 6, 8).

I'm using Pokemon White and a 3DS XL. The target seed is 24DC49FBD131F6B3 for a Jolly Shiny 31 Speed IV Shiny Sandile (Encounter Slot 0 at Relic Castle). The target date and time is 6th November 2013 at 4:26:18. I don't know if this is useful, but the target Pokemon PID should be 8B0B8CDF. The target frame is 76 and the starting frame is 45. The target pitch is a noteable low(0). I've got my ID which is 58297 and SID which is 58473.

If I've understood the guide correctly, I press A to start the game at 4:26:10 (4:26:11 instead since I'm following CodeBreaker's advice on the timer being closer to 7 seconds delay). I then flip between Chatots 30 times to reach frame 75 and then sweet scent to hit frame 76 and encounter the correct Pokemon, right? I've followed this logic checking back to the guide in all my attempts to RNG so far to no avail but I'm going to keep trying.

Thanks for the advice so far and any further help is greatly appreciated.

I just managed to hit a Jolly Sandile with a 31 speed IV. However the nature is Moxie and I believe it should be Intimidate (though I may be wrong, not sure how ability 0/1 works) and it also wasn't shiny which is the main thing I'm concerned about. Any reasons why this could be the case? I've used the White SID code to generate my SID so if there's a more reliable way that'd be appreciated, however I read about someone else in the same position as me where they missed the shiny factor so there may be another reason.

Last edited:
You can easily check if you have got the timer-offset right by checking the Sandile's IVs: Correct IVs = Correct Seed. Otherwise you could have found out your offset when you were calibrating. It is the difference between the actual time displayed at the calibration tool and the time you have pressed the button.

I then flip between Chatots 30 times to reach frame 75 and then sweet scent to hit frame 76 and encounter the correct Pokemon, right?
Sweet Scent does not advance the PID frame. You need to be on the actual frame when using Sweet Scent.

Also, the pitch on the target frame is completely useless apart from telling you that you have overshot your target by exactly 1 frame. Listen to the frames before the target, they are quite notable:

71 - Mid-High (75)
72 - Low (17)
73 - Low (15)
74 - Mid (58)
75 - High (82)

Do not go any further! When you have heard all of them that means you are on your target 76. The stark contrast between 71/72 and the ascending pitch at 73-74-75 makes it especially easy to recognize your frame.

Your beginning is not bad either. You can almost immediately find out if your seed is correct.

45 - Mid-Low (38)
46 - Mid-Low (29)
47 - Low (10)
48 - Low (12)
49 - High (80)

Very easy to notice: Two lows and a very high one as a followup. Try it; listen to the pitch and go along the list. You will see that the pitch pattern match the results.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)