Battle Maison Discussion & Records

Currently been trying to break my way into Super Singles, but I've only managed a 52-win streak at max.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Intimidate
Adamant
252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpDef
Iron Head
Play Rough
Sucker Punch
Swords Dance

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Timid
252 HP/252 SpAtk/4 SpDef
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Hydro Pump
Will-o-Wisp

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Sand Veil (Couldn't get Rough Skin)
Adamant (Over Jolly because the bonus Atk is more useful in the Maison, where high-speed killers are far less common)
252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
Earthquake
Dragon Claw (Forgot to breed Outrage)
Poison Jab (For Fairy coverage)
Stone Edge

My strategy is pretty obvious: Use Mega Mawile as a lead, who will almost always be able to get a Swords Dance off thanks to its Steel/Fairy typing, only needing to switch out against those that carry Flamethrower or Earthquake. Garchomp will outspeed virtually every single threat, and I tend to dance him in and out with Rotom if Mawile is down and I need heavy physical damage. Rotom is self-explanatory: Will-o-Wisp for crippling physical threats, and massive Fire/Water coverage. As for weaknesses, this team has a rather annoying weakness to Grass, particularly Torterra and Breloom. Torterra is fairly bulky and loves STAB Earthquakes against Mawile, while Breloom will almost always abuse Spore + Focus Punch and is only outsped by Garchomp. I've only been able to get to 52 wins as my highest streak, but I'm proud to say I've never lost to anything that wasn't horribly bad luck (crits/misses) or the game flat-out cheating (I found a Weezing with Will-o-Wisp, Toxic, Rest, Stockpile, and Haze, AKA 5 moves). I've been mulling over the idea of replacing Garchomp's Choice Scarf with Focus Sash, and one move (potentially Stone Edge) with Dragon Dance, but I haven't acted on it.

I've been experimenting with another idea, that being Truant Durant with Entrainment, but I haven't had much success. The general idea was as follows: 252 HP/252 Spd/4 Def Choice Scarf Durant goes in and Entrainments to pass Truant. Durant either is knocked out, or I switch to Cloyster. The AI doesn't switch because it's stupid. Cloyster runs Skill Link with Protect, Shell Smash, Icicle Spear, and Rock Blast. Cloyster Protects on attacking turns, and Shell Smashes on Truant turns. Then he sweeps with +6 Icicle Spears/Rock Blasts. I also run a Protect/Swords Dance/Acrobatics Gale Wing Talonflame, who tries to punish with Priority +6 110-base power Acrobatics. However, this fails to quite a few issues, and I haven't been able to get more than 10 wins with this. Any pokemon that outspeeds Durant (Electrode, Choice Scarf Darmanitan, etc.) crushes it completely. Any pokemon with defensive boosts also wrecks it during setup (I had a Steelix get off four Curses before I was prepared to attack). Any pokemon with Mean Look also runs Baton Pass, which means they free themselves from Truant and kill Durant. Also Ice, Rock, and Flying as your only attacking moves do not have good type coverage; it's even worse that they're all Physical moves and all weak against Steel.

I've also been thinking of a modified idea to bypass some of these issues. Entrainment Truant Durant, SmashPass Protect Smeargle/Gorebyss to pass +6 SpAtk and Speed, and a BoltBeam Psyshock Starmie for perfect coverage and the ability to bypass Special walls.

Last edited:
Just a suggestion: You could try running Sash on Durant to guarantee that it can use Entrainment (Unless it gets hax'd). To get around the hax... if I knew how I would do it myself.

Something as got to be going on xDD.
Pokemon at higher levels of Battle Maison are hacked. There have been reports of pokemon with abnormally high stats, moves getting massive accuracy boosts/penalties, impossible abilities (WonderTomb, I've heard), and pokemon with 5 moves. I've experienced the last one; I came across a Stall ChestoRest Weezing with Haze, Toxic, Will-o-Wisp, Stockpile, and Rest.

The game starts cheating.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Pokemon at higher levels of Battle Maison are hacked. There have been reports of pokemon with abnormally high stats, moves getting massive accuracy boosts/penalties, impossible abilities (WonderTomb, I've heard), and pokemon with 5 moves. I've experienced the last one; I came across a Stall ChestoRest Weezing with Haze, Toxic, Will-o-Wisp, Stockpile, and Rest.

The game starts cheating.
Please get a video of this actually happening... :| I know GF have done some crazy stuff, but they have never outright hacked Pokemon in any of the facilities before.

I had considered that, but seeing that the Rotation Battle boss has a team of the three Musketeer mons (all part Fighting type) and MKangaskhan is already weak to Fighting, it doesn't seem like a good idea. What I really want is a fast Fairy Type, perhaps a Fairy/Dark type or something. I considered Gardevoir, but my team is already Ghost weak as it is lol. Maybe I'll try Wigglytuff? >_>
How about Azumarill?
Not fast, but strong and has priority with Aqua Jet. Covers the fire weakness on Aegislash too, and does good damage vs Ground types. Not sure how well it'll do versus the bosses though. :/

Please get a video of this actually happening... :| I know GF have done some crazy stuff, but they have never outright hacked Pokemon in any of the facilities before.
I didn't believe it myself at first, but it certainly happened. He stockpiled, hazed to remove my Mawile's Swords Dance boost, burned Mawile, Toxic'd my Garchomp, and used ChestoRest.

I'll try to see if I can come across it again and get a video, but given the sheer number of pokemon teams I can't guarantee anything. Currently I'm more preoccupied with trying to find a team that can actually hit 100+ wins.

How about Azumarill?
Not fast, but strong and has priority with Aqua Jet. Covers the fire weakness on Aegislash too, and does good damage vs Ground types. Not sure how well it'll do versus the bosses though. :/
I've tried Azumarill before, and its Water typing is more of a hindrance than a boon when facing off against the plethora of Grass Types I seem to run into when using her. I'd much rather use pure Fairy because of its few weaknesses which are easily covered by Aegislash.

I've been experimenting with another idea, that being Truant Durant with Entrainment, but I haven't had much success. The general idea was as follows: 252 HP/252 Spd/4 Def Choice Scarf Durant goes in and Entrainments to pass Truant. Durant either is knocked out, or I switch to Cloyster. The AI doesn't switch because it's stupid. Cloyster runs Skill Link with Protect, Shell Smash, Icicle Spear, and Rock Blast. Cloyster Protects on attacking turns, and Shell Smashes on Truant turns. Then he sweeps with +6 Icicle Spears/Rock Blasts. I also run a Protect/Swords Dance/Acrobatics Gale Wing Talonflame, who tries to punish with Priority +6 110-base power Acrobatics. However, this fails to quite a few issues, and I haven't been able to get more than 10 wins with this. Any pokemon that outspeeds Durant (Electrode, Choice Scarf Darmanitan, etc.) crushes it completely. Any pokemon with defensive boosts also wrecks it during setup (I had a Steelix get off four Curses before I was prepared to attack). Any pokemon with Mean Look also runs Baton Pass, which means they free themselves from Truant and kill Durant. Also Ice, Rock, and Flying as your only attacking moves do not have good type coverage; it's even worse that they're all Physical moves and all weak against Steel.

I've also been thinking of a modified idea to bypass some of these issues. Entrainment Truant Durant, SmashPass Protect Smeargle/Gorebyss to pass +6 SpAtk and Speed, and a BoltBeam Psyshock Starmie for perfect coverage and the ability to bypass Special walls.
EDIT: Nevermind my original point, but there's no way you should be getting outsped by Darmanitan or Electrode. Scarf base 109 Speed puts you above Scarf Swords of Justice and everything lower, as well all unboosted mons short of Ninjask. As far as I've experienced, Electrode and such don't run Scarf sets.

EDIT: Nevermind my original point, but there's no way you should be getting outsped by Darmanitan or Electrode. Scarf base 109 Speed puts you above Scarf Swords of Justice and everything lower, as well all unboosted mons short of Ninjask. As far as I've experienced, Electrode and such don't run Scarf sets.
I myself didn't encounter an Electrode, but another using the same strategy reported being outsped and had all of his pokemon KO'd by an Electrode.

I myself didn't encounter an Electrode, but another using the same strategy reported being outsped and had all of his pokemon KO'd by an Electrode.
So why not run Sticky Web on the Smeargle? Or more generally use a Sash Galvantula for the job? Keeps random scarfers at bay and means you do not have to smash as many times. With the web and all other things considered, you can outspeed everything and OHKO (potentially) after one smash (with white herb).

ive had luck with 2 teams in super singles so far. first one where i used mega khan which wrecked the place and man sucker punch saved me idk how many times. I used azumarill and aegislash for backup but they didn't work as well as khan. the second team has a various third member but it consists of scoliopede and breloom. I start the battles with scoliopede who protects and swords dances as much as he can. (he can always get at least one dance in thxs to focus sash)and then baton passes to breloom. the speed and power let it ohko most enemies and if not sicne it outspeeds them anyway ill use spore with power-up punch for the extra boosts until it will. I cannot decide on a third member though I tried mega mawile and that wasn't bad though it leaves me weak to fire still. I think azumarill could be a nice fit here but I haven't tried it yet

ive had luck with 2 teams in super singles so far. first one where i used mega khan which wrecked the place and man sucker punch saved me idk how many times. I used azumarill and aegislash for backup but they didn't work as well as khan. the second team has a various third member but it consists of scoliopede and breloom. I start the battles with scoliopede who protects and swords dances as much as he can. (he can always get at least one dance in thxs to focus sash)and then baton passes to breloom. the speed and power let it ohko most enemies and if not sicne it outspeeds them anyway ill use spore with power-up punch for the extra boosts until it will. I cannot decide on a third member though I tried mega mawile and that wasn't bad though it leaves me weak to fire still. I think azumarill could be a nice fit here but I haven't tried it yet
A potential fire resist and Baton Pass recipient for you might be MegaTTar. It's bulky as hell and takes any fire move like nothing. You only need one speed boost to outspeed anything non-scarfed (after 2 or 3 and an SD?, GG). Beyond that, it can be an excellent backup sweeper since it can Dragon Dance itself.

tyranitar was one I considered though I play Y and so don't have his mega stone. and to be honest if I don't have th mega stones for them I just feel like I cant use the pokemon since I can ue them to their fullest

tyranitar was one I considered though I play Y and so don't have his mega stone. and to be honest if I don't have th mega stones for them I just feel like I cant use the pokemon since I can ue them to their fullest
You could try Assault Vest Tyranitar (or Goodra). You aren't as strong but a LOT bulkier on the special side (and appreciate the boosts just as much if not more).

EDIT: Also just checked and apparently the Tyranitarite is in BOTH versions (according to Serebii), you just need to look for it between 8:00 and 9:00 pm. It's in Cyllage city.

unfortunately tyranitarite and aggronite are version exclusives both are found in the cyllage gym ive found evey mega stone in the game but I think will try the assault vest one. any suggestions on the moveset? shouldn't need any boosting moves

unfortunately tyranitarite and aggronite are version exclusives both are found in the cyllage gym ive found evey mega stone in the game but I think will try the assault vest one. any suggestions on the moveset? shouldn't need any boosting moves
Probably best with Stone Edge (or Rock Slide if you hate Stone Miss), Crunch, Earthquake, then Elemental Fang of choice. You could stick Power-Up Punch in their for moar boosts and fighting coverage.

I finally did it and got every trophy in the Battle Maison.

At first I wanted to stop after only the Multi Battle one was missing due to the lack of a useful partner for the next weeks. However, today I looked though the list of AI partners I got and gave three of them a try. While the partners are useless there most of the time (having wierd ideas about which Pokémon they will target, Earthquaking you without hesistation and being poor in general) one partner actually helped me to get to the last battle by using Gengar (like me during doubles; Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Dazzling Gleam and Round) and Crobat (just used Brave Bird). Both of them worked very well with my Garchomp and it actually was enough to beat the last challenge during the first attempt.

If I look back I have to say that I didn't expected to come this far due to being lazy. The only Pokémon I breed on my own was Gengar, my all-time favourite for the Battle Tower since Gen 4. Thanks to a friend of mine I got a nice Gible, Marvelscale Dragonite (which was caught in my Friend Safari at least) and Scyther. Together with the event Torchic it was all I needed so I consider myself lucky. After I trained Gengar, Garchomp and Blaziken/Dragonite I tried the Super Singles. Later I tried Super Doubles and Triples for fun too and just realized that they are even better in Doubles and Triples which I beat on the first and second try respectively (Singles took me five tries).

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe
IVs: 30/x/31/31/30/31
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond
Pretty basic, some people will actually know how useful Destiny Bond is while fighting in the Battle Tower. As I said, I use it since Diamond and fell in love with it.

Garchomp @ Choice Band/Choice Scarf (Doubles, Triples, Multi)/Life Orb (Rotation)
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31 (I think)
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect (useless without Life Orb)
Also nothing special. I always used a Jolly nature though and was kinda surprised I didn't miss it at all. Nothing outspeeded Garchomp with a Scarf anyway so it definitely worked out in Double and Triple battles. I run Protect because I thought it would be helpful in Rotation Battles but I realized that they actually try to play mindgames, switching out randomly even though they got an advantage already. They didn't even read my inputs first while doing this, which kinda surprised me. Thanks to this they did quite a few mistakes and switched into attacks they didn't survive so I mindlessly spammed attacks sometimes with success.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Trait: Marvelscale
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
Another boring standard set which I used for the first time though. Dragonite loves sweeping and deserved a well earned spot in the team.

Blaziken @Blazikenite/Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
IVs: ? (reseted event Torchic, I never checked the stats later but they were pretty good for a Pokémon not breeded or synchronized)
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Protect
Nothing to mention here. Brave Bird was a filler move because I didn't dare to use boosting moves in the Battle Maison. HJK is risky but never let me down. Sky Uppercut though...

The last two filler Pokés are Scizor and the Blastoise I used during the story.

Singles:
Hands down, there are better teams for this so there's no need to copy it for that. Using a Mega Pokémon effectively or abusing Truant Durant just do the job fine. However, it didn't took much time to get the trophy with this team either here.

Doubles:
Starting with Gengar and a scarfed Garchomp. Garchomp used Earthquake 90% of the time while Gengar tries to clean the rest which worked surprisingly well. Dragonite can safely switch into Earthquakes too and if Gengar gets knocked out first I can also send in Blaziken to Protect. Most enemies aim for Blaziken instantly so Garchomp gets a free Earthquake of. Outraging also is a nice option even though you cannot aim for the enemy then. Still, if you know the other Pokémon gets knocked out first it does its job even better. Long story short, this team worked very well and even better than in Single battles which is kinda funny. Easily got the trophy on the first try but I believe everything besides Super Singles is easier anyway, maybe because the opponent uses Pokémon which only work decently as a team.

Triples (Gengar left, Garchomp in the middle, Dragonite right):
The amount of 6-0's and 5-0's on the road to Dana blew me away. Even though having a bad coverage with Garchomp and Dragonite in the same team can be a problem they teared though about 100 battles like it was nothing. Considering the bad back up I had except Blaziken it was really nice to see. Scarfed Earthquakes really destroy most of the teams, sometimes Dragonite 'wastes' time boosting instead of attacking because the field is cleaned up already. I lost my first battle against Dana though because I didn't realize that I missed Rock Slide on Garchomp, which would have been, well, kinda helpful when she started with Articuno, Regice and Moltres. So it took me two attempts in the end.

Rotation:
I was scared of Rotation battles, expecting even more bad luck than ever. After three attempts it worked out for me though.
The most annoying thing about it was how clever the opponent was when creating a team. For example:
-Bastiodon and Aggron over there, easily getting knocked out by Earthquake... but his third Pokémon, Claydol, doesn't like me sweeping the team.
-Three fragile Pokémon, Dragonite just wants to Outrage and we're done... too bad though, he just switched into a fairy now.
-Two ghost types, Gengar likes to have a word with you... but please, get rid of Porygon-Z/Lickylicky first.
Of course my type coverate with Gengar, Garchomp, Dragonite and Blaziken wasn't very good. However, most enemies were prepared so that you cannot sweep them with one move alone and thanks to their randomness during rotations I mentioned earlier you sometimes have to play risky. Both Garchomp and Dragonite are bulky enough to take some risks so it was fine in the end I guess.
During my third attempt I started with Blaziken instead of Gengar because Gengar was way easier to switch in randomly. Blaziken always had to wait for someone to get knocked out to get in.

Multi:
Since I didn't expect much from my partner I brought Garchomp and Dragonite and not Gengar, expecting to get lucky with sweeping to get to the boss. Thankfully, my AI partner used Gengar right most of the time so I had no problems at all. I also had Salamence and Charizard as partners before and they did a horrible job and missed many of their attacks for some reason. Gengar and Crobat both laugh at Earthquakes so they were a great addition, for a AI partner at least. Both of them were completely useless in the last battle (see below) but I cannot complain honestly.
My double team would have won this easily but it is a shame you cannot use Wi-Fi partners for this.

I'm not actually posting this because I think I should recommend my team to everyone. It is pretty flawed to be honest and there are teams out there having an easier time in the Battle Maison. However, I didn't expect to get all the trophies with four or five Pokémon alone and I just felt like telling about it since you read many stories about people getting haxed with promising teams to no end here and there. Keep it up everyone, especially outside of the super single battles you have a good chance to get close to the trophies soon. I just tried it and actually got them with it.
Getting a 200 battle streak will definitely need another team though. If you don't like to take any risks Truant Durant is the way to go. You also get a ingame traded adamant Magikarp ("Karpe Diem") with fixed IVs which really likes to sweep as a Mega Gyarados if you are too lazy to breed one. I agree that this breaks the Battle Maison and is boring to get high scores with but you should consider using it for the two berries at least before you lose all motivation for it otherwise.

In the end I just want to post some videos I saved. They are nothing special but feel free to take a look.

DNEW-WWWW-WWW2-9SBL
The Super Multi Battle Bosses. It's funny that you get to fight Nita and Morgan here while you fight Evelyn and Dana before attempting the Super Multi. My partner was no help here so I mindlessly spammed Outrage because it actually works. Keep in mind though that you cannot choose which Pokémon you'll target when using it so I probably was kinda lucky here.

2XCG-WWWW-WWWX-SLN6
Super Doubles, also some Evelyn for you in the end. I expected High Jump Kick to miss at the end to be honest, I think Flame Blitz would have knocked him out, too.

JV9W-WWWW-WWWX-SLZ7
One Triple Battle with Legendaries. Not the last battle but definitely more interesting. I forgot to save the battle with Dana anyway.

Good luck everyone!

If you want to take a look at the trophies I got a pic of them.
This. I can't believe I missed this.
So you did have a hard time in Rotation Battles as well huh? I guess pseudo legendaries are the way to go... I will definitely try this one

OMG YESSSSSS I FINALLY BEAT THE SUPER ROTATION BATTLE BOSS

After like the goddamn 12th try... screw Rotation Battles.

Ironically, the boss was one of the easiest battles I faced. It's getting there that's the hard part. Battle here: RCXW-WWWW-WWW2-KG9X

Here was my team:

Shino (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Jolly
Scrappy/Parental Bond
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
-Fake Out
-Return
-Earthquake
-Sucker Punch

The bulky AD of the team. Fake Out is great for getting some initial damage in, and her ult, STAB Return wrecks so much shit. It wasn't uncommon to get OHKOs on numerous enemies with Return. Parental Bond passive is great for killing Sashers and Sturdy mons. Walled by Gengar, though, unless it's an attacking Gengar and then Sucker Punch kills it.

Saber (Aegislash) @ Air Balloon
Brave
Stance Change
252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD
-Shadow Sneak
-Sacred Sword
-Swords Dance
-King's Shield

The AD carry. If for some reason MKangaskhan is unable to properly sweep, Aegislash goes up to patiently farm to +6 and then wreck face. My go-to guy to kill annoying Ghosts and Psychics. Sacred Sword is great too to ignore the various Curse/Iron Defense/Stockpile mons.

Lulu (Slurpuff) @ Leftovers
Modest
Sweet Veil
252 HP/4 Def/252 SpA
-Aromatherapy
-Wish
-Draining Kiss
-Psychic

The support cleric. A newcomer to my team, replacing Chimecho in light of better typing, defenses, and has Aromatherapy + Wish. Plus Sweet Veil is great to ignore Hypnosis spamming Gengars. A super important member of the team to get rid of Burns, Paralysis, and any other annoying status effect that prevents MKangaskhan or Aegislash from sweeping. Wish also helped to get either of them healthy if they were taking heavy damage while trying to secure KOs. TBH I probably should have gone Bold with 252 Def instead of SpA, I barely attacked with her at all, but it took me hours to breed her so I stuck with it.

Lux (Clefable) @ Life Orb
Modest
Magic Guard
252 HP/4 Def/252 SpA
-Moonlight
-Moonblast
-Flamethrower
-Psychic

The bulky AP. The other newcomer, taking my fourth slot. Magic Guard + Life Orb is OP. Her ult, Moonblast, powered by her passives is amazing at blasting away pesky Fighting types if for some reason Aegislash got KOd. Terrible speed hinders her somewhat, but if she comes out, it usually is after the enemy team is down to two mons thanks to MKangaskhan/Aegislash.

The team had troubles with enemy teams that were either part Ghost, part Steel/Rock or part Flying. If the enemy teams were part Ghost, MKangaskhan can't spam Return. If they were part Steel/Rock, same thing. If they were part Flying and especially if Chandelure was also on the team, I can't spam Return/Earthquake.

Speaking of which, I HATE CHANDELURE. Whenever I see one it's always in a team composition build that I can't just spam one move. Other mons able to be OHKOd by Return? Chandelure. Chandelure on the team? Other mons are flyers so I can't Earthquake. Sucker Punch? Nah, that Chandelure will Will o Wisp. Added to that, it has Leftovers and is a bulky build so Slurpuff and Clefable have trouble with it. Aegislash can kill it, but has to have some SDs up in case other mons rotate in instead and if Shadow Sneak doesn't kill, it's likely going down to the other mon and then I won't have an answer to Chandelure. So, in short, SCREW YOU CHANDELURE. It also loves to have Flame Body to burn my Aegislash. There was one time where I was facing a Chandelure that had burned my Aegislash, and my Slurpuff had died earlier. I was sweating hard then, but luckily it was an idiot and attacked my MKangaskhan, allowing me to Sucker Punch it to death.

So yeah. Never doing Rotation Battles again. My sanity needs to rest.

Just lost on a gigantic misplay on battle 53 of Super Singles. Team is BP Blaziken, Aegislash, and Mega DDdos. I forget to Mega evolve Gyarados and just straight click on DD against lead TR Slowking who Psychics me for a crit (So stupid, I was still on nerves from fighting chantelaine) and then I get swept by an opposing Gyarados (who survives a +4 Adamant 252 Att EVs Spooky Plate Shadow Sneak from Aegislash with like 5%). So lame. I might've been able to win if I had Stone Edge on my own Gyarados, but I hate the shaky accuracy and go with Ice Fang instead to help me against Dragons (HJK on Blaziken gives me enough heart attacks as is).

Don't play the Battle Maison tired guys >.<'''''

Just putting this vid up here to emphasize how much I HATE CHANDELURE in Rotation Battles.

QAZG-WWWW-WWW2-KH92

I USED TO LIKE YOU CHANDELURE NOW WHAT HAPPENED. ;_;

This should have been the Rotation boss, for reals.

Well, I am legitimately confused. My friend and I were participating in the Super Multi challenge together, and at one battle, a Slurpuff surprised us with a move that was seemingly out of turn.

We have Garchomp and Mega Kangaskhan. The opponent has Slurpuff and Serperior.

Turn 2:
Garchomp comes in and Dragon Claws Serperior for 50%.
Kangaskhan Return nearly KOs Slurpuff, and its Kee Berry activates, boosting its defense.
Serperior Leaf Storms Kangaskhan.
Slurpuff nearly KOs Garchomp with Play Rough.

Turn 3:
Slurpuff immediately KOs Garchomp with Play Rough.

What? How did that even happen? How did the Slurpuff move first the next turn?

Here's the battle video to see for yourself. AWLG-WWWW-WWW2-KHJZ

Usually I have explanations, but this one has stumped me. Serperior didn't do anything but Leaf Storm and Slurpuff didn't do anything but Play Rough.

I'm a fool who cares about that stupid Pokemon anyway :(

----------------------------------------

Anyway, we finally managed to beat the Battle Chatelaines. It's funny, because we spent a good time theorymonning the 50th battle, using what the user jelome1989 posted earlier in the thread about the teams. We switched in Pokemon that would cover all the bases comfortably based on the Virizion, Cobalion, Tornadus, and Thundurus combo (you switched Morgan and Nita with their teams, I believe), but we ended up facing Dana and Nita, which meant the team we faced was:

Regice: Thunder Wave, Thunder
Regirock: Ice Punch
Thundurus: Crunch
Landorus: ?

It was laughably anti-climatic given how much time we spent preparing for a different team. There wasn't much challenge at all.

Last edited:

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Scrappy Kangaskhan can easily get you to 50+ wins by itself. I go to a 60sh win streak with early bird and the only thing that I struggled with was lead ghosts like Drifbling/Trevanan/gourgeist. I changed to Scrappy and am now at 84 wins using it with Azumarill and Talonflame.

Well, I am legitimately confused. My friend and I were participating in the Super Multi challenge together, and at one battle, a Slurpuff surprised us with a move that was seemingly out of turn.

We have Garchomp and Mega Kangaskhan. The opponent has Slurpuff and Serperior.

Turn 2:
Garchomp comes in and Dragon Claws Serperior for 50%.
Kangaskhan Return nearly KOs Slurpuff, and its Kee Berry activates, boosting its defense.
Serperior Leaf Storms Kangaskhan.
Slurpuff nearly KOs Garchomp with Play Rough.

Turn 3:
Slurpuff immediately KOs Garchomp with Play Rough.

What? How did that even happen? How did the Slurpuff move first the next turn?

Here's the battle video to see for yourself. AWLG-WWWW-WWW2-KHJZ

Usually I have explanations, but this one has stumped me. Serperior didn't do anything but Leaf Storm and Slurpuff didn't do anything but Play Rough.

----------------------------------------

Anyway, we finally managed to beat the Battle Chatelaines. It's funny, because we spent a good time theorymonning the 50th battle, using what the user earlier in the thread posted about the teams. We switched in Pokemon that would cover all the bases comfortably based on the Virizion, Cobalion, Tornadus, and Thundurus combo, but we ended up facing Dana and Nita, which meant the team we faced was:

Regice: Thunder Wave, Thunder
Regirock: Ice Punch
Thundurus: Crunch
Landorus: ?

It was laughably anti-climatic given how much time we spent preparing for a different team. There wasn't much challenge at all.
Slurpuff's Hidden Ability is Unburden. If it loses its held item (In your case Kee Berry) It gains a speed boost.

currently training up a few pokes for use in the batt,e maison and competitive ive decided to try mega garchomp on my team until I finish my X version and can get tyranitarite.
btw a bit off topic but I keep seeing people say they are posting videos but all I see is a sequence of numbers and letters with a bunch of w in the middle. how would I view these videos?

Scrappy Kangaskhan can easily get you to 50+ wins by itself. I go to a 60sh win streak with early bird and the only thing that I struggled with was lead ghosts like Drifbling/Trevanan/gourgeist. I changed to Scrappy and am now at 84 wins using it with Azumarill and Talonflame.
Good to know :). I'm planning a team with Kangaskhan and its mega stone. It has Scrappy so it can fake out ghosts before mega evolving. What do you recommend for the dark move, crunch or sucker punch ? The priority of sucker punch is nice but it's unreliable and ghosts tend to use non-attacking moves like hypnosis.
I have Starmie and Aegislash as backup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)