Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Greninja thread, there is the general opinion that the

Mixed
96 atk/168 spa/ 244

set is the best when running u-turn, as it beats/Ohkos certain threats at level 100. My question is how do I tailor this to wifi at level 50?

Do I need to change anything to stay as effective? More into SpA?

Iuote="Absolclaw, post: 4966474, member: 116221"]I heard this from someone on another forum who didn't give a source, but is it true now that when a Poison-type Pokemon uses Toxic it never misses, even if the target uses Fly or Dig?[/quote]
I've had this happen to me when my Garchomp used dig against a poison type. Toxic hit it even though it was underground.

Is it me or are the legendaries and gift pokemon have high IV's when you recieve them? I've came into X' legendary and it has near flawless IV all around and the pokemon you receive as gifts are the same.

Is it me or are the legendaries and gift pokemon have high IV's when you recieve them? I've came into X' legendary and it has near flawless IV all around and the pokemon you receive as gifts are the same.
It seems like the Legendaries are guaranteed three perfect IVs. The Torchic, however, still tend to suck like every other average mon - but at least you can breed it for better results.

"So I have a question about Torment's mechanics
Say the following occurs:
Turn 1
Klefki used Reflect!
Enemy used Earthquake!
Turn 2
Klefki used Torment!
And then the enemy tried to use Earthquake. Would it fail (like how taunt makes non attacking moves fail in the same turn if used first), or do they still get to Earthquake and the torment is applied afterwards."

This is copied from a poster on the Klefki thread - seemed more appropriate here.
It does nothing to stop torment that turn. Torment does not stop a move that has already been chosen, it only stops you from choosing that move for the round. If you have no choice in choosing it (like with choice items), you use struggle that turn.

I heard this from someone on another forum who didn't give a source, but is it true now that when a Poison-type Pokemon uses Toxic it never misses, even if the target uses Fly or Dig?
That is correct.

Other than the gems, what are the unobtainable/unfound battle/hold items in Pokemon X/Y?
See http://www.serebii.net/xy/items.shtml for a list of the item locations so far. Unfound ones arn't listed, but that only means we don't know where yet, they may be obtainable in some way.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
After talking with the divinity that is number 3 on the ou ladder, we discussed on what a "good" team is. Now my question is, is it better for me to use a "bad" team that can consistently win or is it better to use a "good" team that consistently loses on the ladder?
You are winning with the "bad" team, because you build it yourself and understand how it works, how you counter/check certain threats and how you prepare a sweep, if you would play a lot with the "good" team you will start to understand this team and will get propably even better results although this might not happen, because the team simply isn't your play style. I am mostly an offensive player especially on the ladder it is far easier for me to win a lot fast matches compared to playing with a stall team where i sometimes stop losing the focus simply because i lack the patience against "worse" players. If you play mostly offense you propably won't be that good with a defensive team and vice versa even if it is technically a better team so keep that in mind. Obviously playing with the "better" team will allow you to understand how it works and in return allow you to build better teams on your own and remember that you learn a lot more when you fail than you do when you win ;)

Oh and simply because someone is #3 on the ladder doesn't mean he/she is great it means that this person understands the metagame and is able to win matches, but getting to the top of the ladder is imo more of a choire than a real achievment since it just means you spend a lot time laddering/abusing alts and the quality of the ladder is questionable at least.

can anyone explain me how exactly will-o-wisp works? everywhere i look it says "easily cripples physical attackers" or "burns can quickly disable physical threats" but what does this mean? also how is a move like this better than toxic in a pokemon like trevenant?

can anyone explain me how exactly will-o-wisp works? everywhere i look it says "easily cripples physical attackers" or "burns can quickly disable physical threats" but what does this mean? also how is a move like this better than toxic in a pokemon like trevenant?
The burn status halves the attack stat of the afflicted Pokemon. Therefore, any physical attacker that is burned is basically useless.

Toxic does not affect stats, but it is more helpful on defensive Pokemon because it is a timer on their longevity.

Because Trevenant has naturally higher special defense, it can invest in HP and special defense and rely on Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical attackers, allowing it to be bulky on both sides of the spectrum. This is just one type of use, though.

The burn status halves the attack stat of the afflicted Pokemon. Therefore, any physical attacker that is burned is basically useless.

Toxic does not affect stats, but it is more helpful on defensive Pokemon because it is a timer on their longevity.

Because Trevenant has naturally higher special defense, it can invest in HP and special defense and rely on Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical attackers, allowing it to be bulky on both sides of the spectrum. This is just one type of use, though.
thx for your answer! i didnt knew this, so other moves like thunder wave also have a secondary effect?

thx for your answer! i didnt knew this, so other moves like thunder wave also have a secondary effect?
A paralyzed Pokemon has 1/4 the speed it normally has, so paralyzing an opponent with Thunder Wave is a good way to outrun it. There is also the 25% chance to be fully paralyzed each turn, but you probably already knew that.

If I put my Pokemon X into another 3DS, will it remove my saved friend safaris? I want to trade stuff over from my Y (digital) to my X (main game), but at the same time I don't want to lose that precious ditto safari. Anyone tried?

I believe it resets them. All you have to do is is get online at the same time as the person again and they'll be back. Assuming they're still your friend.

You can use the GTS and junk pokemon to trade without switching systems though.
Process:
1) Put up junk poke on GTS in game 1, asking for poke you want from game 2.
2) switch to game 2 and search for junk poke
3) ???
4) profit

Major noob question alert.

I see a lot of Donphan sets running Stealth Rock as a move, how is this possible in x&y?

I see a lot of Donphan sets running Stealth Rock as a move, how is this possible in x&y?
Smogon has two different standard Single: OU and Pokebank OU. The latter one simulates an enviroment where Pokebank is released. It is likely that you have been playing/watching Pokebank OU.

Reactions: Yog
My current Pokebank OU team consists of Mega Lucario (swords dance), Excadrill, Scizor (choice band), Rotom-W, and Garchomp (stealth rocker). I have no idea who to put as my last slot because I can't seem to find a threat to this team (I know there has to be one). Also since Genesect is OU now should I switch Scizor for it?

Okay so, when you breed a male and female Pokemon of the same species, the female takes priority on the ability. Now when you breed a male Pokemon with a Ditto, does the male take priority on the ability, or does it not change?

I have a male Larvesta with Swarm, but I want Flame Body. I tried breeding it with Ditto and hatched about 10 eggs so far, but all of them had Swarm. Is this just bad luck, or would I need to find a female Larvesta with Flame Body?

I have a team of web smergle tank spiker tentacruel bulky super goourgiest and MScizor my simple question is..... i need a second attacker maybe a choice user what would you suggest

Do Opowers stack? For example, I used lvl 2 hatching opower and my friend also gave me a lvl 3 hatch power. If it doesn't, then which opower will prevail?

I have a Flying Press question: I've read that if you use Electrify on Flying Press, it will remove the Fighting type part of Flying Press and consider the move as if it was Electric/Flying. If this is true, is the damage reduced by two against an Electric type, or the dual type combination will reduce the entire damage by four because both Electric and Flying are resisted by Electric?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
In the Greninja thread, there is the general opinion that the

Mixed
96 atk/168 spa/ 244

set is the best when running u-turn, as it beats/Ohkos certain threats at level 100. My question is how do I tailor this to wifi at level 50?

Do I need to change anything to stay as effective? More into SpA?
Damage at level 50 is slightly higher, so you will actually need fewer EVs in your offenses to get the same KOs. To figure out what EVs you need, you can modify the fields in Pokémon Showdown's damage calculator to match Greninja's stats and typing and use the PS teambuilder to put together your final EV spread.

I think PS is down right now though, so you may need to use an alternate server for the teambuilder; the damage calculator however is still up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)