Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Britty, sorry for leaving last night.

I think Sheeplet is correct about modifying the registry. Especially considering your sharing is being turned off automatically. That's a key component to getting this working. Not sure how willing you are to do registry changes. It can get messy and I will take no responsibility for what make happen LOL! Before we look into that, do you have an anti-virus or firewall? I apologize if I already asked that.

Alternatively, I'd be more then happy to check any pokemon you want, because at this point you've really gone above and beyond with troubleshooting LOL
It's quite alright. I do appreciate hearing back from you! I'm honestly almost at the point of giving up as nothing I seem to be doing works. I even attempted to make it work on my husband's computer, and was getting the same error messages. ((Of course, I actually saw his Virtual Wifi Miniport, and enabling the sharing once allowed to select the network to share with. Mine does not. His didn't pop up again when I tried it with the proper connection though.))

As for the registry, I can't say I have much experience in tampering with that. Would using System Restore be enough to save me if I did? I'm not opposed to it, but I would need to back up the few non-operating system things on my C:// if system restore isn't enough to save a huge mess from that. Antivirus/firewall wise, I'm using Webroot SecureAnywhere. I just disabled it for testing purposes, and it seems so far that it kept the "share" option enabled. However, nothing is still budging for me in the CMD.exe and Instacheck.

I greatly appreciate the offer to check. However, I wanted to check pretty much every pokemon in my box on X (which I'm nearly at the space limit), and at least 100 pokemon on my Y. I wouldn't be able to do that without feeling very guilty as that's a very long, time consuming process. If the program could work, I can at least use my husband's 3DS and not inconvenience anyone else due to the stupidity of my OCD.

Last edited:

bonny

THIS USER LIKES TO SCAM. DO NOT LET THEM HATCH YOUR EGGS.
Shiny Value =2498
pokemon x Fc =1822-0166-9621

It's quite alright. I do appreciate hearing back from you! I'm honestly almost at the point of giving up as nothing I seem to be doing works. I even attempted to make it work on my husband's computer, and was getting the same error messages. ((Of course, I actually saw his Virtual Wifi Miniport, and enabling the sharing once allowed to select the network to share with. Mine does not. His didn't pop up again when I tried it with the proper connection though.))

As for the registry, I can't say I have much experience in tampering with that. Would using System Restore be enough to save me if I did? I'm not opposed to it, but I would need to back up the few non-operating system things on my C:// if system restore isn't enough to save a huge mess from that. Antivirus/firewall wise, I'm using Webroot SecureAnywhere. I just disabled it for testing purposes, and it seems so far that it kept the "share" option enabled. However, nothing is still budging for me in the CMD.exe and Instacheck.

I greatly appreciate the offer to check. However, I wanted to check pretty much every pokemon in my box on X (which I'm nearly at the space limit), and at least 100 pokemon on my Y. I wouldn't be able to do that without feeling very guilty as that's a very long, time consuming process. If the program could work, I can at least use my husband's 3DS and not inconvenience anyone else do to the stupidity of my OCD.
I'm going to re-read over your posts and I'll get back to you with what to try next.

But in the mean time feel free to add my FC and you can start checking them with me. The program does all the hard work I just have to have my 3DS on. It generates a nice list of everything you show me so I can just copy and paste it :)

I greatly appreciate the offer to check. However, I wanted to check pretty much every pokemon in my box on X (which I'm nearly at the space limit), and at least 100 pokemon on my Y. I wouldn't be able to do that without feeling very guilty as that's a very long, time consuming process. If the program could work, I can at least use my husband's 3DS and not inconvenience anyone else do to the stupidity of my OCD.
I still have no idea why your miniport adapter isn't showing up. It seems like you've tried most of the troubleshooting steps listed online. The only thing I could think of that might be causing it is if the drivers weren't installed correctly, as you mentioned there was some difficulty with that. There was some hotfix (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2496820) for people that have the problem + use Windows server 2008 R2, but I have no idea if that applies to you.

I'm going to re-read over your posts and I'll get back to you with what to try next.

But in the mean time feel free to add my FC and you can start checking them with me. The program does all the hard work I just have to have my 3DS on. It generates a nice list of everything you show me so I can just copy and paste it :)
If you're quite sure, I'd greatly appreciate it. My friend code is: 5456 - 0806 - 3610. I'll let you know when I finish on X so I could swap into Y. I'll go perform a system restore check point right now though.

OK so i still get the Virtual router plus is not working message...
Hey PJ,

Can we just start from the beginning. Lets do the following:
Go to C/D/Whichever drive you use->Windows-> SysWOW64-> Find and delete/rename "wpcap.dll" and "packet.dll"
Then check restart your computer.
Check page one for my walk-through, I'll get you to go through each step :) Please let me know exactly what step you get stuck on, and what errors you get. Specifically around steps #3 and #5

I tried this but i couldn't get this to work. Can someone help me with finding out my Shiney Value. My friend code is 5370-0811-3160. PLZ

Anybody free willing to check my shiny value and just a few eggs? FC 1762 3776 3581.
Instacheck Hostspot seems to not work on desktops...

Hey PJ,

Can we just start from the beginning. Lets do the following:

Then check restart your computer.
Check page one for my walk-through, I'll get you to go through each step :) Please let me know exactly what step you get stuck on, and what errors you get. Specifically around steps #3 and #5
I think my quote only fixes problems with WinPCap not installing correctly and giving people a gray box when they try to scan. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)