Ben Lad and Glacier Knight cross swords

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
GLACIER! IT IS HIGH TIME WE CROSSED SWORDS!

3v3 FE singles (40+ moves)
2 day DQ
2 recoveries/5 chills
2 subs
No mega evolutions
Ref = Someone who will allow for much flavor dickery
Arena = Cascadia
Field Type- Ice/Grass/Water
Complexity- Simple
Format- All
Restrictions- No sandstorm

Cascadia: Glacier discovered this beautiful north-western paradise while on one of his many expeditions to locate new areas for asbers to battle. the area is huge, encompassing a 2000ft by 2000ft area. the seeker of the battle will be positioned in the north, while the acceptor will start in the south. to the west is a sharp incline, where a combination of a glacier and cliffside reside. the glacier sits in an indent near the center of the cliffside and due to slight melting pure water cascades down gracefully below, creating a chilly but serene lake. the waterfall is quite high, about 250 feet, so the water flies down in such a way the surrounding area is heavily but majestically misted. the mountain/glacier is climbable, and the top is surprisingly flat, with a few peaks. if battling up on the glacier be careful; it is fragile and might break, sending you down the waterfall! to the east lies an equally massive coniferous forest. pinetrees are the main composition, and though very big (40 feet to 70 feet tall), their width is small so climbing is only for the most nimble and agile pokemon. the forest is pretty dense, with a few spaces big enough for sparring. from the lake to the forest is about 200 feet. between the two arenas and every other open area is composed of short but thick canadian grass, rich with the glacier water minerals. also there are patches of dirt scattered here and there. there is a 15 mph wind blowing south, and it is very cool wind. the temperature here is a nice 55 degrees fahrenheit, and the wind chill makes it feel colder. the sun is in the middle of the sky, and the sky is clear besides for a few small clouds.
ooooooo i'm glad you chose this arena, this will work perfectly for the plot....

BATTLE ACCEPTED! (but not by glacier because glacier is missing)

oh and lad and i agreed on irc after discussion, we're only using pokemon with moves 30-50
alsooooo items on
and switch = OK
Someone that is incapable of using hide tags said:
Mr. Mime [Angela Petrelli] (Female) (OT: Espy Owner)
Nature: Bold: (+1 Defense, -1 Attack)
Type: Psychic/Fairy

Abilities:

Soundproof/Filter/Technician
Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 4 (+)
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 5
Spe: 90
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2

EC: 6/6
MC: 0
AC: 5/5

Moves:

Barrier
Confusion
Copycat
Doubleslap
Encore
Guard Swap
Light Screen
Magical Leaf
Meditate
Mimic
Power Swap
Psybeam
Psychic
Quick Guard
Reflect
Safeguard
Substitute
Tickle
Wide Guard
Misty Terrain

Fake Out
Future Sight
Icy Wind
Teeter Dance
Nasty Plot

Counter
Magic Coat
Skill Swap

Bide
Hidden Power (Fire) (6)
Protect
Psyshock
Snatch
Taunt
Teleport
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Torment
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Toxic
Trick Room
Dazzling Gleam

43 Moves

Victreebel (Champ) (M)
Nature
: Quiet (+Spa, -Spe)

Type: Grass/Poison

Abilities:
Chlorophyll/Gluttony (unlocked)

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 5 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 60 (-)
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 19

EC: 9/9
AC: 5/5

Attacks:
Swallow
Spit Up
Stock Pile
Vine Whip
Growth
Wrap
Sleep Powder
Poison Powder
Stun Spore
Acid
Gastro Acid
Knock Off
Razor Leaf
Wring Out
Leaf Tornado
Leaf Storm
Leaf Blade
Weather Ball
Synthesis
Worry Seed
Giga Drain
Encore
Magical Leaf

Seed Bomb
Sleep Talk
Bug Bite
Sunny Day
Sludge Bomb
Protect
Energy Ball
Grass Knot
Rest
Solarbeam
Toxic
Venoshock
Endure
Bide
Total Moves: 37

Snorunt [Artica, "The Departed"] (Female)
Nature: mild (+spa, -def)

Info on Artica:

Type:
Ice:
Ice STAB; immune to freezing and Sheer Cold, no vision loss or damage in Hail or snowstorm conditions, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail. Superior senses and mobility in frozen caves and other frigid arenas.
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Abilities:
Snow Cloak:
(Innate) This Pokemon is used to snowy blizzard conditions and gains a 20% evasion boost during Hail. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Hail damage.

Cursed Body (DW UNLOCKED): (Innate)When this Pokemon is struck by an opponent's attack, there is a 30% chance that the attack will be disabled. Only one of the opponent's attacks can be disabled at a time due to Cursed Body.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2 (-)
SpA: Rank 4 (+)

Spe: 110
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 3

EC: 6/6
MC:
DC:
5/5

Attacks:
Astonish
Powder Snow
Leer
Double Team
Bite
Icy Wind
Headbutt
Protect
Blizzard
Confuse Ray
Ominous Wind
Wake-Up Slap
Hail
Ice Fang
Crunch
Destiny Bond

Disable
Fake Tears
Hex
Block
Weather Ball
Pain Split
Signal Beam
Snatch
Sucker Punch
Trick
Ice Punch
Spite
Spikes
Bide

Safe Guard
Light Screen
Ice Beam
Substitute
Taunt
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Telekinesis
Embargo
Endure
Toxic
Rain Dance
Avalanche

45 Moves
The Wanderer said:
Thanks, man.

Tomohawk [Elaine] (Female)
"<I've already forseen your defeat, so just give up now! Or you could prove how incompetent you are; either path works for me!>"
A shiny (and snooty) Tomohawk that Ben caught a couple years back. Elaine claims she can see the future, though the rest of the team things it's bullshit (and it probably is).

Nature: Modest (+1 SpA, -1 Atk)
Type: Flying/Fighting
Abilities: Intimidate, Prankster, Justified (Unlocked)

Stats:
HP: 110
Spe: 85
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3

EC: Mastered!
AC: Mastered!

Attacks (48/83?)
Level Up:
Aerial Ace
Air Slash
Aura Sphere
Bulk Up
Earth Power
Focus Energy
Fury Swipes
Harden
Healing Wish
Heat Wave
Hurricane
Hyper Voice
Morning Sun
Rain Dance
Retaliate
Roar
Rock Smash
Sky Drop
Sunny Day
Whirlwind
Work Up

Egg:
Baton Pass
Confuse Ray
Haze
Rapid Spin
Roost
Stealth Rock
Yawn

TM:
Acrobatics
Attract
Brick Break
Bulldoze
Double Team
Fly
Grass Knot
Hidden Power - Ice
Hyper Beam
Protect
Reflect
Rest
Solar Beam
Substitute
Taunt
Toxic

Other:
Bounce
Covet
Sleep Talk
Tailwind

Cyclohm [Karamazov (From left head: Mitya, Alyosha and Ivan)] (Male)
*Ceaseless squabbling*
A Cyclohm Ben caught along with Elaine. Karamazov's heads are legendary for their inability to get along.

Nature: Modest (+1 SpA, -1 Atk)
Type: Electric/Dragon
Abilities: Shield Dust, Static, Overcoat (Unlocked)

Stats:
HP: 110
Def: Rank 5
Spe: 80
Size Class: 4
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 21

Attacks (44/87?)
Level Up:
Bide
Charge
Discharge
Double Hit
Dragon Pulse
Dragon Rage
Dragon Tail
Growl
Hurricane
Leer
Rain Dance
Slack Off
Sonic Boom
Substitute
Tackle
Thunder Shock
Tri Attack
Twister
Weather Ball
Whirlwind
Zap Cannon

Egg:
Gust
Heal Bell
Hydro Pump
Magnet Rise
Power Gem
Shock Wave

TM:
Blizzard
Charge Beam
Fire Blast
Flamethrower
Hail
Hidden Power - Ground
Ice Beam
Light Screen
Protect
Sandstorm
Sunny Day
Thunder
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Volt Switch

Other:
Draco Meteor
Electroweb

Colossoil [Charles] (Male)
"<Chump, spare me the diatribe before I slam jam your gatdam ass so hard you won't be able to sit down for months.>"
One of Ben's later catches, this Colossoil is very good at basketball. So much so, in fact, that he's capable of several verboten jams, like the chaos dunk.

Nature: Naive (+15% Spe, +14 accuracy, -1 SpD)
Type: Dark/Ground
Abilities: Rebound, Guts, Pressure (Unlocked)

Stats:
HP: 120
Atk: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 2 (-)
Spe: 110 (+)
Size Class: 5
Weight Class: 10
Base Rank Total: 22

Attacks (35/90?):
Level Up:
Bite
Body Slam
Bounce
Bubble Beam
Crunch
Dig
Drill Run
Horn Attack
Horn Drill
Leer
Megahorn
Muddy Water
Peck
Pursuit
Rapid Spin
Stockpile
Swallow
Tackle

Egg:
Encore
Fake Out
Sucker Punch
Thunder Fang
Water Spout

TM:
Brick Break
Bulldoze
Dragon Tail
Earthquake
Protect
Rock Slide
Smack Down
Taunt
U-turn

Other:
Aqua Tail
Endure
Dive

Lad sends out first iirc.

Last edited:
When I was seven, my folks took me on a day trip to Canada.

The old man was doing a lecture for the weekend up in Sordagrae, right next to the border. Mom had some time off, so we decided to go with him. Since we were so close to Canada, my parents decided it was high time for little Benny to visit his first foreign country. Naturally, I went in stoked.

...and came out disappointed. We stayed close to the border, which was hardly a winter wonderland full of mounties and Beartics like TV had led me to believe. Beyond the currency and metric system, it wasn't really any different from home.

Fifteen years and several expeditions later, I'm finally making my second visit. My buddy Harry had given me a lead back at Irene; Supposedly there were some ancient ruins near a local eden called Cascadia...and since I've got some time off, I decided to pack my bags, head off to the border with my partner Rico, and hopefully indulge in my inner archaeologist.

That said, it's been a rough trek through the wilderness. While we've certainly suffered worse during my travels, this particular trip wasn't without misfortunes. Like the run-in with the Beedrill nest...

BZZZZZZZ!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!

Or the avalanche...

Okay Boss, just sit tight! I'll just grab your leg and...one...two...THREE!

*Rico pulls Ben out of the snow so hard that he sends him flying into a tree*

...I'm okay...

*Said tree then topples over him*

And then there was that time we ran out of food and foraged for mushrooms...

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah bozooooooo...I loeb youu toooooooooo~!

*Ben hugs a jolly clown with a sugary fairyland in the background...which then turns to the Canadian wilderness, and Ben, high-as-a-kite, is really hugging an irate Ursaring. Said Ursaring briefly looks sideways toward the audience before turning his eyes back to this unwanted pest*

BUHWAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

In my defense, I was totally certain those were safe to eat.

Ugh...are we there yet?

Just one more of those big rocks to go, Rico.

You said that five rocks ago!

No, the guide said those were middle rocks. These are big rocks.

...You don't have a damn clue where we're going, do you?

Nope.

Sure I do! All we do is go around this tree and-WAAAH!

...And slip on a very steep slope, and tumble down the hill for a minute or two, and plant myself face first on a bed of thorns.

...I'm okay...

Preeeeeetty sure you don't know where you're g...

What are you talking about?! Of course I know where I'm...woah...

Woah indeed. They weren't lying when they said Cascadia was gorgeous.

I'll be damned. We made it after all.

Yeah, out of sheer dumb luck.

Hey!

We continued to make our way into Cascadia proper, enjoying the sights as we went along. Now then, if what Harry told me is true, then those ruins should be near...wait...who's that over there?

Sending out Tomohawk w/Expert Belt.

Last edited:
Two miles from an area known by many as "Cascadia", a campfire slowly dies. As the cold water rushes through the babbling stream nearby, a sudden sharp intake of breath cuts through the silence of night. The tent closest to the tall grass moves ever so slightly, and inside, a slender female has just woken up from what was most likely a night terror.

"Nnngh! ....hmph. I hope CENSORED didnt wake, he would never let me hear the end of it."

The young female gives a quiet but exhausted sigh, and rubs her eyes. Whatever plagued her slumber, it's been effective in keeping her awake for the rest of the night.

As CENSORED silently exits her own tent, she glances across the dying fire, to the deep cobalt one. Not a movement is seen, and the girl exhales gratefully; CENSORED may very well be the best tracker she knew, and their paths were obviously intertwined due their closeness to a certain character missing in action, but he was the most unpleasant travel companion she had the displeasure of venturing with. Shaking the thought out of her head, CENSORED makes her way to the stream's edge and sits in the waist-high grass. Her eyes close, and she inhales a deep breath as to calm herself. I miss you, CENSORED. You really truly can't be gon-

Her thoughts were cut off by a sudden gust of frosty air, which sent CENSORED shivering; but then she immediately cracked a small, wistful smile. "I'm much more partial to warmer climates, but you would have loved it here tonight CENSORED..." the pale girl whispered solemnly as the grass grazed her uncovered arms and cold air gave her goosebumps.

Where is he...

---X The next day, around ten in the morning X---

"Alright, see these few pines? The way there's frost on only two parts of each trunk, and how they all line up, you can tell something with an icy aura passed through them in a rush. No doubt its his Froslass."

The blonde male faintly rubbed the icy spot of the nearest pine in question, while waiting for a response from his partner. He turned, impatient after waiting just a few seconds, to see CENSORED with her own hand near his, face hidden by her purple locks. CENSORED stopped himself before uttering a rude remark; he could obviously now tell that she was channeling "those powers", though he never fully understood them himself. Hogwash, I'm sure of it. But it keeps her from bitching, so what the hell, why not.

Without raising her head or moving, the female spoke up.

"Yes, I feel her aura... definitely Artica. And I'm getting something else... she's being chased, CENSORED."

CENSORED quickly looked up to meet the blonde's stare- panic slowly bubbling in both's eyes. CENSORED cursed out loud, rapidly heading north, following the path of frosted pines and pulling out an ultraball marked with green. Not even looking back, he shouted "Are you coming or not Witch? Artica's got a psychic or a fellow ghost after her, doesnt she? It's probably an agent of..."

C
ENSORED's voice trailed off as the distant between the two trainers grew, but CENSORED knew what he was talking about, and if he was correct then they had to hurry... and fast. She quickly started to follow with a sprint, holding close to her a special translucent case that revealed its contents; two regular pokeballs and a greatball, all dusty and worn. If Artica is like the others we've found, she'll have no memory or recollection of her past with CENSORED. But those agents won't show mercy... have to hurry.

---X Nearly at that exact moment, but in Cascadia... X---

As she flitted across the grassy fields, being heatedly pursued by an unknown psychic force, a random sense of nostalgia filled Artica's thoughts for just a moment.

This place is familiar... does it have to do with that Glacier character? I sense so.. He's stuck in my thoughts, but I have no ide- AH!

The train of thought got the best of the hurried ghost, as she failed to notice a trainer and his trusty Lucario right in her path of escape. Luckily for both parties, ghosts have senses we humans cannot fully understand or use, and before the Trainer could even yelp Artica phazed cleanly through him and his pokemon.

"JESUS FUCK THAT IS COLD, WHAT IN-" "heh, why are you- OI THAT'S SLIGHTLY NIPPY"
They turned to face the ghost behind them, but she couldnt stay. She went to apologize, but Artica saw a quick flash of pink in the close distance. With a quick squeal of alarm, the icy spirit plunged right into the ground where she was just floating, leaving the area freeze-frosted.

"Alright Canada, I know you're cold, BUT INSTANT ARCTIC OCEAN COLD ISNT VERY NICE OF YOU."
"eh, my typing helps the cold.. boss, I don't think Canada is to blame for that-"
"Then what is?"
"Dunno, maybe you can ask that Mr. Mime?"
"What Mr. M- OH GOD OH GOD THIS IS NOT GOOD"

As the foreign pair turned to catch the last bits of the flash, they saw a Mr. Mime standing before them, though something was obviously off. The pitch black eyes and gray aura probably was what gave it away. Its face was twisted in malice, yet it seemed frustrated and confused. Its eyes gave off a quick pink aura, and Lad gasped as his shirt glowed the same hue, right where the Froslass had phazed through him.

"Oh, um, hehe, eh? My shirt... oh god you're looking for that Froslass aren't you? And now I smell, um, feel?, like that froslass... oh god. Heh.... good mr. mime, who's a good little mr.-"

"I AM A GIRL, YOU WHELP. YOU AND THE FROSLASS WILL PERISH, WHEREVER YOU ARE HIDING HER."

"OH GOD ELIANE ELIANE ELIANE GET OUT HERE SAVE US HELPPPPPPPPPPP."

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)