Pokémon Manectric

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used him alongside Landorus-T and it works really well against those set up sweepers I was against mega khankastan and he used power up punch just to find himself neutral again XD this is amazing against set up speewers and landorus-T works well with him synergywise I think he is the only special intimidate user with volt switch.
In short I can see his niche in OU though I don't think he is solid OU maybe top UU?

After playing around with him, he's got to be my favorite Mega evolution so far.

He complements my team really well, all while providing coverage and scouting(with protect). Really glad to have him in my team, he's been performing pretty decently at showdown bringing me from 1000 --- > 1500 with some right predictions.

Can't wait to start testing him with the big boys.

You know what makes it laughingly easy for manetric to get lightning rod boosts? Def gyarados, intimidate, parashuffling, and taunt. Its hilarious, and it gets to the point where when they do get their electric user on to the field, they are so focused on killing dos, i can pretty much get a free boost and kill. Also works with any electric absorbing pokemon. such as jolteon or electivire.

Mega Manectric is perhaps the most interesting Mega to me and I want to use it, (Mostly due to my inner Zinogre fanboy) so I was thinking about what team it would fit best on. Unlike other Megas like the twin Zards, Luke and Kanga, Mega Manectric dosen't seem fit for a sweeping role, so I was thinking it'd be good for a VoltTurn team, as with Intimidate you can switch and take Physical hits better thanks to the buffer, you could also use Overheat to nuke stuff like Scizor and Forretress and Volt Switch out although it'll do very little damage after Overheat, so I'm interested on what kinda team or strategy Mega Manectric is best suited for, I want to use him on a VoltTurn team, as I've never tried one and they seem really fun to use, and Intimidate on a Volt Switcher seems really interesting, but I want to know what Mega Manectric is best suited for.

Well, I would say he is best suited as a scout and picking off weakened pokes. At least that's what I use him for, scouting with protect, proceeding to volt-turn damage and then picking off weakened pokes with his superior speed.

Lightning rod does wonders since my defensive core revolves around electric weaknesses.

Mega Manectric is perhaps the most interesting Mega to me and I want to use it, (Mostly due to my inner Zinogre fanboy) so I was thinking about what team it would fit best on. Unlike other Megas like the twin Zards, Luke and Kanga, Mega Manectric dosen't seem fit for a sweeping role, so I was thinking it'd be good for a VoltTurn team, as with Intimidate you can switch and take Physical hits better thanks to the buffer, you could also use Overheat to nuke stuff like Scizor and Forretress and Volt Switch out although it'll do very little damage after Overheat, so I'm interested on what kinda team or strategy Mega Manectric is best suited for, I want to use him on a VoltTurn team, as I've never tried one and they seem really fun to use, and Intimidate on a Volt Switcher seems really interesting, but I want to know what Mega Manectric is best suited for.
As Ilan said, Mega Manectric pairs wonderfully well with LandoT. Dual Intimidate on a VoltTurn core is a massive momentum tool, and they cover each others weaknesses pretty well; LandoT is immune to MegaTric's Ground weakness, and MegaTric handles LandoT's Water and Ice weaknesses with STAB and Overheat.

Can any one get me some calcs of a -1 banded azumarrill aqua jet against mega manectric 0 hp 0def
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Manectric: 96-114 (34.1 - 40.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Can any one get me some calcs of a -1 banded azumarrill aqua jet against mega manectric 0 hp 0def
I mean, there are damage calculators for this and they're fairly easy to use but sure thing.

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Manectric: 96-114 (34.1 - 40.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

edit: Forgot ability and item lol and greninja'd

Also, I'm really liking a Mega-Manectric/Landorus-T core; does anyone have any ideas to build on that? I was thinking of maybe a SD Talonflame and maybe some sort of spin support.

Yea idk where to find the calcs. I barely hopped back into pokemon last year with black and white 2. But then I suppose I could just google hahah well any ways thanks :). I was thinking of switching him for my mega amph cause I want the priority move to kill focus sashers that I've been struggling against with amph.

Yea idk where to find the calcs. I barely hopped back into pokemon last year with black and white 2. But then I suppose I could just google hahah well any ways thanks :). I was thinking of switching him for my mega amph cause I want the priority move to kill focus sashers that I've been struggling against with amph.
It's a good idea to have the damage calculator bookmarked when getting into competitive battles. Here's a link to one http://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/

People on the first page were suggesting Electrify, unfortunately Manectric doesn't get this, but no one's mentioned using it in doubles with Heliolisk, the only user of Electrify. It requires some prediction and spread moves will still hit Heliolisk (I think, or do both halves of the spread move go toward Manectric?), but as long as you Electrify the right opponent who's going after Manectric you're pretty safe. Heliolisk is fast enough to get this off most of the time, so long as Manectric doesn't get KOd by the other Pokemon not targeted by Electrify.

Probably more flaws than the ones I pointed out but I could see this happening. And since Heliolisk is the only user of Electrify, the Heliolisk + Manectric combo would be obvious when you see it.

Thoughts?

People on the first page were suggesting Electrify, unfortunately Manectric doesn't get this, but no one's mentioned using it in doubles with Heliolisk, the only user of Electrify. It requires some prediction and spread moves will still hit Heliolisk (I think, or do both halves of the spread move go toward Manectric?), but as long as you Electrify the right opponent who's going after Manectric you're pretty safe. Heliolisk is fast enough to get this off most of the time, so long as Manectric doesn't get KOd by the other Pokemon not targeted by Electrify.

Probably more flaws than the ones I pointed out but I could see this happening. And since Heliolisk is the only user of Electrify, the Heliolisk + Manectric combo would be obvious when you see it.

Thoughts?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't Manectric's Lightningrod pull Electrify too? Plus, if you're not mega evolving him, Jolteon is pretty much straight-up better.

I find, since Manectric has pretty much no way of boosting it's Sp. Atk outside of Lightningrod, that he's a pretty exceptional Mega to have on a team with baton pass support thanks to his already good base stats. My Manectric pretty much always gets BP support in the form of my Venomoth and it has led to countless sweeps. I honestly recommend this approach to anyone wanting to use this mega.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't Manectric's Lightningrod pull Electrify too? Plus, if you're not mega evolving him, Jolteon is pretty much straight-up better.
tbh, I have no idea. And you would mega evolve after you get the Electrify boost, assuming it works that way

Yeah, except you're only going to be using Manectric for the Mega-Evolution, which absolutely outclassed Jolteon in terms of coverage and strength, plus better bulk and Intimidate.

Yeah, except you're only going to be using Manectric for the Mega-Evolution, which absolutely outclassed Jolteon in terms of coverage and strength, plus better bulk and Intimidate.
Obviously; I was referring to a suggestion to use it alongside an Electrify Heliolisk in doubles, which obviously means leaving it un-Mega'd for at least a turn. On top of that, I am pretty sure it was mentioned in the Electrify thread that allied Lightningrod pulls Electrify and nullifies it, hence why I mentioned having to try the strat with a Volt Absorb pokemon like Jolteon.

Was wondering if Roar was a good alternative to HP Ice/Grass. I know it's not near as favorable, but as a person playing not in simulators or anything, breeding for a 5IV Manectric with getting the sliver of a chance to have the correct Hidden Power on it is making my hair fall out lmao. I figured that Roar would basically be a poor-man's way out of basically handling the situation that HP Ice/Grass would be used for anyways: taking care of something that'd normally wall you. If anything you could just Roar something away and then Volt Switch out of there if it's getting hairy, or gamble that your opponent is going to swap Pokemon out next turn anyways, so you can do the same?

Having not trying it yet, I guess it might be only a good idea on paper, but was just wondering if it's something worth doing or not, or if I should just suck it up and grind for a perfect Manectric for another week *shot*. Lastly thought about any other options like Electric Terrain, Toxic, or Protect, but I feel like I could more often get stuck walled by something with these options, idk.

I guess for clarification, the other moves I currently have on it are Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Flamethower/Overheat (can't decide), and Roar.

On a different note entirely, has anyone tried doing a Volturn thing with Noivern with Mega Manectric? Noivern cancels out Manectric's only weakness, and was hoping Manectric could take anything coming toward Noivern at least once (especially if someone tries hitting Noivern with a neutral electric attack just to have it lightningroded by a not-yet mega evolved Manectric). I also have Rotom-W and Scolipede with Volt Switch and U-Turn respectively for playing mind games but not sure if the 4 of them actually work well as a core...thing.

Thanks for any help/insight, still fairly new at this stratigizing mayhem haha

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Breeding for a hidden power is not that difficult. It's actually quite manageable, you just need patience.

Manetric is definitely interesting, the biggest thing about him is that you need to bring it in at the right time to mega evolve. When I was initially testing it out, I wasn't fairing to well in games because I was saving it for the later parts of the game and there are definitely times where I needed to intimidate something and I couldn't because I wasn't mega evolved.

You essentially can't be too conservative with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)