The first battalion

So gen 6 has been around for quite some while now, and even though i'm not spectaculair at fighting, I kinda get used to the gen 6 meta a bit now. So I think it's time for my first RMT now hoping people can help me improve my team!

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The little brother of the current king of pokebank OU. Rotom-H seems kinda forgotten in my eyes bt is actually an excellent pokemon this gen. Last gen heatran kinda outshined Rotom-H, but with it loosing dark and ghost resist, it becomes closer to Rotom-H. Rotom has a few things over heatran. First the ground immunity wich is nice. Also volt switch and electric typing is a reason I need rotom H for my team. With loads of usefull resists for my team wich complement gourgeist really well and good offensive attacks it can dent lots of unprepared teams. Volt switch being a reliable source of damage and scouting posibbilities while also being able to deal with talonflame and deal damage to his brother Rotom W wich mostly runs a defensive set, overheat to deal with steels and bulky grasses wich I have trouble with and garchomp can't deal with. some bulky grounds or dragons give rotom problems, but once predicted right, HP ice even with the downgrade can take a huge chunk of dmg. This means it can hurt garchomp and gliscor allot wich are kind of annoying for my team. Trick is there to shut down key walls or support pokemons on teams like clerics or simply huge walls I can't get past normaly. Oh, and it;s immune to paralyzed and burn. Kinda neat huh?

Gourgeist-Super (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Protect
- Shadow Sneak

In my opinion the most underrated pokemon in Pokebank OU atm. Rotom serves as a spinblocker and mixed wall and is incredible at stalling. I run an unusual set (wel not that unusual, just having protect AND sub is kinda unusual). This set allows me to get recovery via leech seed, wich is easy to get with it's huge amount of resistances. If it can live one hit to get a sub up (wich with his bulk isn't that hard really), it can outstall by simply using sub/ptotect all the time. It might not seem idealistic, but in actual battle, this is probably one of the best pokemons I've used. It's type like said before complements rotom-H well. It also can take spore like moves for the team incase somebody is trying to put me asleep. Status hurts gourgeist allot. But since I have the amazing Florges on my team as cleric, this is not really a problem.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 28 SDef / 4 Speed
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Skarmory is my main physical wall. His typing also works really well with florges, my main special wall. Skarmory is used mainly to put down stealth rock and to phaze dangerous physical threats wich like to set up on my team wich is somewhat defensive by nature. Roost kinda speaks for itself and is to get him back to health. Brave bird is kind of a decent source of damage for a wall, hurting itself but able to take down some good threats, especiallysome bulky grasses. I tried defog on skarm, but it just seems more fit to use this role for skarm as a phazer kinda is important.

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Protect
- Wish
- Moonblast

The special defensive partner of Skarmory with her type complementing well with skarm. Every special attack thats neutral to it, she will wall aswell considering her titanic special defnese. This alows here to easily use aromotherpay to cure my attackers like garchomp from burn, and my defensive mons from other statuses in order for them to function (most important for gourgeist). Wish is to recover itself and it's team mates for a big amount, wich makes lonlivety of garchomp (a bulky attacker) and gourgeist (wich lacks reliable recovery) much higher. Protect is in order to get wish healing for herself plus leftover recovery and stall leech sead if it's up. Moonblast is a good source of damage for a special wall wich can also hurt offensive dragons on switch when predicted right allot (it shouldn't stay in against them condiering her low defense). Still, her main role is a cleric.

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Outrage

Garchomp is my main attacker. It's bulk allows it to live relativly long, especialy with support. I use a scarfed set to outspeed common setup sweeper and faster threats. I played around with SD set first, but I really needed the extra speed to kill some of the main threats for my team, for example faster dargons or DD dragons like M-Zard-X or outspeeding other (mega) chomp sets. Fire blast is to deal with physical defensive steels like skarmory wich I find out give garchomp lots of problems. After testing a bit, I'm happy with my fire blast choice. I kinda dunno if i should choose dragon claw or dual chop. Dual chop has lower ac but can break subs.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Surf

Starmie is my spinner and special attacker on my team. He faces lots of competetion on my team from other spinners but his water type and his amazing coverage makes him my choice for my team. Water is a great defensive and offensive choice with all the fire and grounds running around wich can be finished of with surf (like excadrill, and talonflame) and he can outspeed allot of the threats in this meta not it has become more bulky oriantated. His coverage is amazing besides surf with it's infamous boltbeam. Especially Ice Beam is a must i find out for the threats rotom can't cover or beat. With extra speed and good workable sp attack it can deal with allot of grounds and dragons. It can spin wich is kidna one of his most important role, without blowing away SR from skarm like defoggers. Spinner is important condering my teams bulk like said before. Also natural cure can cure it's status without having to rely on Florges wich kinda comes in handy. Starmie is frail so I tried M-blastoise but starmies speed and more reliable ice beam kinda makes starmie my pokemon of choice.

Just noticed a few things I thought you should change.

Running something over Garchomp. Things like Mega Scizor, Mega Tyranitar, and even perhaps Mega Medicham would all function much better in you team than Garchomp (I have basic sets listed below). If you are adamant in keeping him, however I would change his his moveset a bit though. Running Stone Edge in lieu of Outrage is probably a good idea, especially since he is running a Choice Scarf set, and that StoneQuake combo will function pretty well.

Also, try running Psyshock on Starmie, as that will allow you to break through Special Walls, and gives you another powerful STAB.

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
Adamant
Sand Stream
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch/Fire Blast/Ice Beam/Superpower
- Dragon Dance

Scizor @ Scizorite
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Adamant
Technician
- U-Turn
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower/Knock Off

Medicham @ Medichamite
252 Atk/252 HP/4 Spd
Adamant
Pure Power
- Psycho Cut
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch/Hi Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch/Fire Punch

Just noticed a few things I thought you should change.

Running something over Garchomp. Things like Mega Scizor, Mega Tyranitar, and even perhaps Mega Medicham would all function much better in you team than Garchomp (I have basic sets listed below). If you are adamant in keeping him, however I would change his his moveset a bit though. Running Stone Edge in lieu of Outrage is probably a good idea, especially since he is running a Choice Scarf set, and that StoneQuake combo will function pretty well.

Also, try running Psyshock on Starmie, as that will allow you to break through Special Walls, and gives you another powerful STAB.

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
Adamant
Sand Stream
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch/Fire Blast/Ice Beam/Superpower
- Dragon Dance

Scizor @ Scizorite
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Adamant
Technician
- U-Turn
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower/Knock Off

Medicham @ Medichamite
252 Atk/252 HP/4 Spd
Adamant
Pure Power
- Psycho Cut
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch/Hi Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch/Fire Punch
Thanks for your reply! Could you elaborate your decision a bit? Why should I use them over garchomp? And wich threat does stone edge cover over outrage?

Thanks for your reply! Could you elaborate your decision a bit? Why should I use them over garchomp? And wich threat does stone edge cover over outrage?
Outrage in general is a risky choice this gen, with fairies running around. Outrage locks you into an incredible predictable attack that can be shut down completely by the opponent switching into a Fairy. You already have Dragon STAB with Dragon Claw, Outrage is not needed, and Stone Edge provides some nice coverage for Pokemon like Talonflame, M-Charizard Y and Togekiss. While I don't agree with completely taking out Garchomp, I do suggest running M-Garchomp instead of Choice Scarf. You may be losing speed, but you make for it in pure power. Just a suggestion though.

As for Gourgiest. Trevenant outclasses it as a Spinblocker by a landslide. Harvest Sitrus Berry, Plus Substitute, really, really makes Trevnant last a long time. All the while giving you the chance to burn with Will-O-Wisp and chip away at health with Shadow Claw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)