move 3: Dazzling Gleam/Draining Kiss
move 4: Flamethrower/Surf
ability: Unburden
item: Petaya Berry
nature: Timid
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe

Moves
=========

• Substitute lowers Slurpuffs health to the point of a Petaya Berry and Unburden Boost
  • Calm Mind boosts Slurpuffs attack
  • Dazzling Gleam is more powerful, but Draining Kiss has a side effect of healing so is useful after Slurpuff is at low HP
  • Flamethrower roasts Aegislash and other Steel Types, while Surf is good for Fire-Types like Heatran
  • Other coverage moves are Energy ball and Thunderbolt
Set Details
=========
  • Petaya Berry is for another special attack boost and to activate Unburden
  • Max Special Attack and Speed allow Slurpuff to hit as hard and as fast as possible, outspeeding +2 Cloyster and Volcarona after the Unburden boost
  • 8 HP is to hit an HP number divisible by 4 to get the Petaya Berry boost at 25% of its health
  • Timid is used to hit the highest speed possible

Usage Tips
=========
  • Should be used primarily as a late game sweeper when priority is gone

Last edited:
Can I help or give this a try? I've had a lot of success with slurpuff myself, specifically a red card set.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't like Slurpuff. He is too weak, slow, and frail for OU, and is vulnerable to every single priority user as he want to be at 25% or lower to activate Unburden, and priority is almost in every team. He is also helpless against common phazers such as Hippowdon and Heatran, making the set even more of a joke. I am going to reject this, but i will wait a few more days to see if any set that seems even remotely viable is mentioned.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah Slurpuff is not good for OU. Belly Drum is kind of its best bet and even then - why use it?

QC Rejected even if I'm not QC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)