Eating our words: Our opinions of XY then and now

Uh, I never hacked my cart to find my SID. I used Pokecheck, which is a spoof GTS server but doesn't involve the use of external devices other than accessing the site via your computer. Nothing on the game cart itself was modified. There are also other ways to find your SID without "hacking", iirc there was a way to calculate SID from shinies you already had in gen 4. As for the "game becomes marked" part, Pokebank isn't even out yet and I doubt you are a software expert so I'm not sure how you can make that judgement. I RNG abuse and used Pokecheck extensively and none of my carts were ever flagged for anything fishy at official tournaments because I obtained my Pokemon legitimately.

This was all stated in the most recent interview. As I said, many people will use an AR to find the SID which does mark the cartridge. As long as you haven't done so, then you will be fine. However, if you have, your game and all of your Pokemon will be marked with an empty hexagon mark. Pokemon with this hexagon mark will not be able to be transferred via PokeBank. Likewise, the Pokemon Company has stated games that have been marked by the same moniker flag will not be able to use the PokeBank either.

^How exactly does using an AR mark a cartridge? The SID code doesn't change a single bit of the game's save data; it just changes how something in-game is displayed. And how do you know that it will cause PokeBank incompatibilities when that hasn't been released yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)