League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

I haven't seen a team fall apart the way Frost is since old CLG... Frost seems to be going down that path in more ways than one. Frequent roster changes and yet they're still plagued by the same problems that they suffered from a year ago. They're resorting to gimmicky strategies (3 minute Dragon, desperation Blitz pick) and falling short in the major categories (champion selection, shot-calling, objectives)

MakNooN is just a small part of the problem, and we saw that today since he wasn't even in any of the games played. People are also saying that Madlife and Shy are being held back by the rest of Frost, but they're getting completely outstripped by their counterparts on other teams. Flame, Impact, inSec, and Looper are all arguably better than Shy, while Mata, Mafa, and Mandu can all give Madlife a run for his money and have all demonstrated larger champion pools.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Helios sucks, I realized this a year ago, pls poach a better jungler from a weaker team ;_;

Also anxiously waiting for the Rapidstar Lux to come back because Lux good sieger.

shy cant carry like he does on this tank based meta too and their team spirit is really bad right now. sword vs frost gonna be interesting tho, both teams are on a slump, whoever loses this is gonna cry on a corner

helios sucked so much dick in every frost game this season. Try to get actscene or try to somehow get beezlehan or w/e his name is now though why would he leave a good team for a bad team huehue.
then take coco into mid or something

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Alistar???
Blitz knockup has almost 1/3 the cooldown even if Ali's is AoE, Rocket Grab so much better than Headbutt it's not even funny, extra interrupt on ult.
Nautilus has 4 types of cc. Isn't that more op?
A worthy competitor. I give the edge to Blitz, as he more completely locks targets down and his grab goes through terrain, but Naut is better at strictly immobilizing people and does it well in AoE fashion.

He'll be the king. Blitz is the queen. Ali's the joker... of lose!

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
helios sucked so much dick in every frost game this season. Try to get actscene or try to somehow get beezlehan or w/e his name is now though why would he leave a good team for a bad team huehue.
then take coco into mid or something
as m/d said frost shoulda poached xenics after their loss then get some random jungler from soloq
ezpz

(although I would be really sad if piccaboo was left without a good mid/ad so I'm perfectly fine with xenics staying unpoached thank you very much)

Last edited:

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Well... I've been getting better it seems. Not 100% top tier material but lately I've not been doing too shabby in lanes. Like I picked Swain for Mid and fuck he's a monster.

But this J4 game.

This game put a tear in my eye just because.

Also Ashe had the ultimate ult - she ulted the opposing J4 chasing me while I EQed into him and Leona and got at least the J4. I forgot who got Leona. My buddies (Talcn and KDragonL) couldn't stop laughing.

Also I forgot to screenshot it - but Talcn when he played Janna blocked a Shyvana leap from a wall with Janna's Q. I've never seen it done before and everyone in the game couldn't stop laughing.

aaaand that's it

KTB put up a great fight in game 3 but it was too little too late

SKT clearly the best team right now and if score can't hold up to piglet, i don't think imp can either

maybe ozone can pull out a win but everything seems to be against them as SKT is impossible to ban out and dade's strongest champs don't suit the metagame

IN ANY CASE unless shield can get a miracle victory on friday we're probably going to see an SKT/ozone final which means we're going to have our first OGN repeat winner

also if SKT manages to 3-0 in the grand finals they'll become the first team in league history to go undefeated during an entire OGN circuit

Lavos

Banned deucer.
is it just me or did kt look absolutely outclassed on an individual level in every single role (for at least those first 2 games)? faker was crushing ryu in lane, bengi was ganking more than kakao and still was outleveling him, and score/mafa got DESTROYED by piglet and mandu when they went 2v2. only time i saw anyone really hold their own on kt was insec vs impact in game 2

to be fair ryu was doing pretty well vs. faker in game 1 due to insec's early gank

but yeah SKT outclassed KTB both individually and as a whole in terms of decision-making and teamfighting

and what's really ridiculous is that KTB looked the same way against blaze two weeks ago

piglet is like, really really good i think
watching him just like calmly sidestepping the gragas ult (when he roamed botlane in game 1 i think) and condemning him into the wall without blowing any summoners or other major cooldowns
he made ryu look so shit

i believe ryu was anticipating the tumble or at least for piglet to actually walk backwards

but piglet did a really good job predicting the gragas ult

what impressed me is that the condemn actually stunned ryu because it looked like it barely caught him on the corner of the wall (i don't even think it was intentional from piglet but well played regardless)

Lavos

Banned deucer.
its a combination of luck and skill, i believe monte actually said "ryu was clearly predicting the tumble and piglet mind-gamed him" or something along those lines.

also, dat laugh

well i think if kt cant even take a game off skt, theres no way they are losing to anyone else. might as well call this one now folks

fun fact: ozone is one of two teams in the world to have taken a match off of SKT (the other being samsung blue) and ozone is actually 2-1 against them in competitive tournaments

they beat them in the OGN spring semifinals 3-1 (which they would go on to win) and then again two weeks later in the AMD Inven tournament 2-0

SKT turned right back around and beat them 3-1 in the OGN summer semifinals

so if we see ozone in the finals (which we probably will) it's actually quite difficult to call as ozone looked impeccable against frost last week, besides for that one random zuna flash from imp

even though frost isn't a top-tier team anymore, ozone still looked incredibly solid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)